JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mo`some Tonebender - Harahire

Author Topic: [HK] The TVB Discussion Thread  (Read 59413 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[HK] The TVB Discussion Thread
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:24:37 AM »
The TVB Discussion Thread!

Launching careers of Chow Yun-fat, Stephen Chow, Tony Leung:

Check out the official site: http://tvb.com and Youtube Channel!!

My all time favorite show. Police Cadet'85 cuz it had Chow Yun-fat, Simon Yam face off with Tony Leung!!

Here's a popular game show, Super Trio!! SUPAAAHHH!
TVB - 鐵甲無敵獎門人 - 節目精華 - Yumiko面對走光有妙法(TVB Channel)

Talk about Hong Kong's flagship network programming, favorite shows, personalities, etc.!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [HK] The TVB Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »
Charmaine  :jerk:
TVB 絕代商驕 宣傳片 鯰魚效應 (TVB Channel)

Came across this show looks interesting.....and uplifting....AND HAS THE MANLiest theme song ever!!

Cadenza  流金頌

Cast: Leila Tong, Leung Ka Yan (???), Shek Sau (??), Kam Hing-Yin (???), Helen Poon (???), Percy Fan (???), Lai Suen (??), Sam Chan (???), Lee Lung Kee (???), Kenneth Tsang (??), Amy Hu (???), Gordon Liu (???), Rachel Chan (???), Crystal Tin (???), Anna Ng (???), Richard Ng (???), Tam Bing Man (???), Jacqueline Law (???), Kate Yeung (??)

Theme Song:  好先生 (Mr. Good)by Andy Lau, George Lam, Eason Chan, Hacken Lee, Leo Ku

Airing Schedule: TVB Jade every Tuesday from 14 July, 2009 to 15 September, 2009.

Description:
Each episode will carry positive aging messages expressed through challenges encountered by the characters involved. Topics covered will include living with enjoyment, inter-generational relationships, lifelong learning, love relations among seniors, dementia and close family bonds, making good use of resources for a productive lifestyle, healthy diets, self-reliance and preparing for bereavement.

"Sample" episodes here

Can't wait for the episode with Gordon Liu in it!! He might bust out another tune!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Laughing Gor
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 10:08:12 AM »
His roots deep in  TVB. Herman Yau has directed this film adapation of the TVB hit, EU. Shaw Bros. producing  :thumbup

LAUGHING GOR之變節OFFICIAL TRAILER 預告片 (TVB CHANNEL)

THE SITE!! http://b.tvb.com/laughing/

ETA:

COP IT!! It has everyone. Young & Dangerous' Michael Tse, Anthony Wong, Francis Ng, and Cheng Chi Wai.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:39:32 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 07:25:55 AM »
No matter how much heroic bloodshed, HK TV is still pretty conservative. Check this story out:

The Broadcast Authority (BA) received 26 complaints on Fala Chen's (陳法拉) "take off clothes and showing bra" scene; TVB received 1 complaint.

Although TVB had a complaint that the scene was not appropriate to be broadcast on television, but there are also supporters saying that the scene was reasonable and went along with the story. In the series, Fala misunderstood that Timmy Hung was gay, therefore it was reasonable that Fala treated him as a brother and does not need to avoid him while changing.

"The Stew of Life" Producer Amy Wong felt surprised by audience complaints. She said that Fala's changing scene does not intend to convey bad or immoral behavior, the public is just overreacting. Amy also expressed that there is no difference if they changed the setting to a beach where swimsuits are revealed before they get into the water.

Amy expressed that before doing this scene, she had done all her research. Gay men treat their opposite sex friends like sisters. The scene was arranged for this series because it is a comedy and should have some comedic effect. In the series, Fala misunderstood that Timmy is gay, the two become close friends. Amy understands that parents are worried, thinking that the scene should teach little girls how to protect themselves instead, but the series did display a "PG" rating before the episode started. Parents can still explain to their children on the actual content.

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Here's said scene from 有營煮婦 Ch 18_陳法拉_Part 1

SHIT the dude is Sammo Hung's son Timmy Hung LMAO.

Of course, it gets :twothumbs: from Ekin "Chan Ho-Nam" Cheng!!!  :lol:

Dai Ham Sup Loe!! XD
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:57:16 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »
Finally finished downloading and watched "You're Hired" - Dayo Wong's best hit to date, up there with War of the Genders. Really dramatic and dramatic "Yu Chan Peen" at times, but it was good. The old adage. FAMILY IS RICE!! was said. Lots and twists and turns as he is this business consultant who tries to right his wrongs from his Wallstreet coldblooded days.

Him admitting to his half-brother Michael "Dai Tin-Yee" Tse (yeah, same dude from Young & Dangerous!!) and the family is all :o

Dayo and Charmaine actually make a cute couple!!

and him eating all the chili XD

Even crushing on Charmaine Sheh!!!! WTF!!

Now she really showed her spunky side. Kinda like HK's Jennifer Aniston. You think she fugly with that giant nose but then you realize, man she got a fucking nice ass!!

TVB 絕代商驕 宣傳片 長尾理論? (TVB Channel)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »
skit about noob actor trying to get as much attention as they can when they are given a role

skit by the rising actors back in the 90s - deric wan, roger kwok, eddie cheung, francis ng, stephen chow, lau ching wan, roger kwok

Deric Wan, roger kwok, stephen chow 温兆伦 电视先锋群星会

Guess who be came the big star??  :theking

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »
cool new interview show. My Name is 邦 aka My name is Bond :D

My name is 邦 - LMF紋身人 I (13-Oct-09)

LMF!! GAU GEUNG :pimp:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »
Admittedly, I been rediscovering my roots. Watching TVB I be keeping an eye on movie stars like Anita Yuen and Dayo Wong going back to TV. Looking for potential hot mamas.

Here's a great recap site, http://k-tvb.net

Last One Standing (與敵同行) is a 2008 TVB television drama from Hong Kong produced by Amy Wong. The original broadcast was on the TVB network with 45-minute episodes airing daily from September 22 to October 18 in 2008. The drama tells a story of two best friends who later find themselves destroying each other, as neither can survive if the other exists.

ROFL!

This drama is so intense. You got role reversals Roger Kwok (who usually plays goodie good guys) plays the most evil sumbitch and Kevin Cheng (he's tanned so he gets points for Louis Koo wannabe) is his best friend who was framed! EPIC. Also has YoYo Mung has sex candy.

TVB 與敵同行 宣傳片 假面(TVB Channel)

Official Site: http://drama.tvb.com/lastonestanding/
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_One_Standing_(TVB)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
She's cute, Macy Chan. 陳美詩 :grin:

her blog: http://blog.tvb.com/macychan

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 09:14:58 AM »
Queenie Chu 朱慧敏 (as seen above) her body is banging!! She played some cold bitch in Dayo Wong's "You're Hired" ...fuck I'd fuck her ten times over and ten times more after that!!

Queenie Chu Wai Man (朱慧敏), born in Hong Kong, on April 22, 1981 was also Miss Hong Kong 2004 1st runner-up.

so sexy shoulders fuuuuuuck
TVB 珠光寶氣 PA手記 朱慧敏色誘陳鴻烈真相 (TVB Channel)
:lol: she's talking about how WTF i'm supposed to be wearing a swimsuit for this scene?

Blog: http://blog.tvb.com/queeniechu
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queenie_Chu

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 03:05:04 PM »
I missed half of the episodes of Last One Standing (與敵同行), heard it was even award winning!! It's pretty intense. The main character Ah Hay is doing the whole Infernal Affairs undercover thing in his cousin Tong's firm to find more evidence to clear his name. ITS CRAZY everyone gets killed off, and Ah Hay has to seduce every chick. Like the geek Kelly (played by Macy Chan above) and she loves him so much she digs up clues for him. And Yoyo Mung is all confused when Ah Hay flips out during her wedding reception announcement party to Tong (oh the irony). Then he gets stabbed in the back by his mom!! oh I will spoil more, it's a good series tho - getting to the last 3 episodes  :twothumbs

BUT SHIT!!! that's the problem with HK dramas. Cousins be crushing on each other. FO REALS. Not like step-cousins, 2nd cousins. SHIT.

Funny scene tho, he's like shit cuz - you're like my lil sis. It's like they too cheap to hire love interests or smth. :bleed eyes:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 01:40:23 PM »
So I been following this series E.U. or Emergency Unit ( 學警狙擊)  which spawned this prequel Laughing Gor for Michael Tse of Young and Dangerous Fame.

LOL @ This scene. Because of this, all Finns need to pity post.

Girl: How are you? Don't fall aslleep Wake up. How are you? What? TaIk to me

Guy: I want to go to Finland. I want my girlfriend to come back to me.

Girl: I know there's a kind of lilies in Finland. No spots. It's all white. It's so beautiful.
Buy your girlfriend the flowers and apologize to her

It's a total Infernal Affairs rip off, everyones a fucking cop or wanting revenge. Like the main guys (this is a third in a series of this Police Cadet update)

Fucking goodie goodie (fucker on the left) won't leave his now triad/ex-buddy/undercover cop ALONE  :lol:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 01:44:44 PM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [HK] The TVB Discussion Thread Elanne Kong / 江若琳
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 06:34:31 PM »
She's HOT.

Elanne Kong / 江若琳

TVB actress/singer. She plays the triad boss daughter who crushes on the undercover cop Ah Man.

Profile:
Born:    30 September 1987 (1987-09-30) in Hong Kong
Other name(s):    Elanne Kwong, Elanne Ling, Elanne Kwong Yeuk-Lam

Official Blog
Wiki

Random Pix

so cute in "EU"
TVB 學警狙擊 第10集預告片 (TVB Channel)

her sexy MVs
江若琳 Show You

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [HK] The TVB Discussion Thread Fala Chen 陳法拉
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »
Fala Chen 陳法拉

Fala Chen is a beauty pageant queen hailing from Georgia, US turned TVB Starlet. Reminds me of Athena Chu Yan slash Yui Aragaki

Profile:
Ethnicity:     Chinese 
Date of Birth: February 24, 1982 
Place of Birth:  China (Mainland) 
Height:    171cm 
Weight:     49kg 
Blood Type:     
Profession: Actress 

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia
Fansite
Official Blog

Random Pix

Fala Chen @ 《Jessica Issue 573》
*Credits to Kenwick @ 法拉城 http://www.falachen.cn

with Ekin Cheng for some ad credit: http://www.falachen.co.nr/

she speaks it so well  :fap
Fala Chen 陳法拉 English Message from Toronto, Canada 加拿大多倫多 2009.06.28

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 12:10:08 PM »
Laughing Gor / Turning Point was an aight movie..if u wanted to know more about Laughing Gor forget about it XD

It's got so many side characters they had to develop.

lol @ the two gweilos trying to rob Laughing Gor

Like Anthony Wong and Yuen Biao as undercover and police superintendent. Anthony Wong's character was so in over his head he became triad, and he wears more makeup than a fucking drag queen wtf. XD

Francis Ng as the "out of control" triad boss who has a soft spot for his sister "Don't date triad!!" His character was beyond EPIC, u could tell he was adlibbing. Like when he was like "Well EXCUSE ME MISSY!!!" and he did the  :jerk: gesture when he was arguing with Anthong Wong's mistress at the boss table.

hilarious "cameo" by the stars of "EU" as rookie cops as Laughing records em for youtube

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 01:18:18 AM »
Veteran actor Chan Hung Lit (陳鴻烈) recently passed away at age 66 (1943-2009). Before his sudden death, he was shooting for TVB sitcom "Off Pedder" when he suddenly got a heart attack falling into a coma. He was soon rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment and died at 7:11pm. His role in "Off Pedder" as Boss Yim (閆器) is the only representative work that Chan Hung Lit worked on until his very last breath.

TVB held a long service award ceremony last night, initially the group of veteran actors were very excited, but when they learned the news of Lit Gor's death, everyone felt unfortunate that they lost another good actor, a good colleague, the atmosphere turned dull.

Chan Hung Lit started working on "Off Pedder" in TVB City at 4pm, he and his son in the series Stephen Au were in the clothing room changing when he suddenly felt pain in his heart, Stephen quickly notified the Producer and called the ambulance. TVB's security personnel arrived at the scene first, Chan Hung Lit at the time had already fell into a coma and CPR was immediately performed on him. Soon, the ambulance came and sent him to the nearest hospital in Tseung Kwan O, for immediate emergency treatment. It was not until 7:11pm that his death was confirmed.

he was not only a supporting character of TVB series, he was also seen in many Shaw Bros (which formed TVB) movies back in the days, such as "One Armed Swordsman Against Nine Killers"

陳鴻烈 @鐵羅漢

mainly as bad guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Hung_Lit

Offline Yupyup

• ecchi
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »
is there a tvb series thread? it would be awesome discussing about current and past series.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 08:58:13 AM »
You can make a thread for a specific series if you like - but so far its just daigong randomly talking about random TVB series in this thread XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 05:01:48 AM »
is there a tvb series thread? it would be awesome discussing about current and past series.

so what's your favourite series? what series are you watching? what are your picks for the 42nd anniversary show?

I'm rooting for some Dayo Wong and Michael Tse!!

Was looking at this old clips of THE DE FACTO series in THAI XD The Greed of Man 1992 (TVB)

Sean Lau and Vivian Chow  จากม้วนพากย์ไทย cvd 
เจ้าพ่อตลาดหุ้น 1992 Classic Cut1

MOST classic classic scene DAMN! I don't remember watching this ... maybe the trailer
大時代 (容易受傷的女人)

Great advice!
Rising from the Ash

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 10:55:27 AM »
TONY TONY TONY!! LMAO with fake beard

孤寂江湖 / 梁朝伟

This series. The Grand Canal (which is rerunning now) had all the BIG names like Lau Ching Wan and

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mo`some Tonebender - Harahire