JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms

Author Topic: [CHI] Anita Yuen Wing-Yi 袁詠儀  (Read 14651 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Anita Yuen Wing-Yi 袁詠儀
« on: November 06, 2009, 06:20:13 AM »
Anita Yuen Wing-Yi 袁詠儀

Hands down my favorite Chinese actress of all time. A mix of sass, cute and comedy, from Stephen Chow classics like "From Beijing with Love" to cross gender comedy Leslie Cheung "He's a Woman, She's a Man" where she won best actress. Now she's back!! You saw her in "Protégé" - she back on TVB kicking ass.

so cute <3

Anita Yuen Wing-Yi is a Hong Kong film and television actress. She was the winner of the 1990 Miss Hong Kong Pageant.

Ancestry    Dongguan, Guangdong
Born    September 4, 1971 (1971-09-04) in Hong Kong
Years active    1990–present
Spouse(s)    Julian Cheung
Children    Morton Cheung

Links
Wikipedia
IMDB

She won a best actress award for this movie too:
C'est La Vie, Mon Chéri (新不了情) - Part 6

my fave movie of hers, best was when she was trying to kill Stephen Chow but couldn't cuz he was lip-syncing a Jacky Cheung song on the piano.
FROM BEIJING WITH LOVE (1994) Trailer

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Anita Yuen Wing-Yi 袁詠儀
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 02:27:04 AM »
she sure aged ungracefully :lol:

Anita Yuen turns into a modern mother

Anita Yuen and famous French skincare label LANCOME are collaborating, where Anita is their spokesperson. The theme for the endorsement was "Film Queen" as the director arranges several different sitting positions for Anita. The day of filming, the studio turned into a children playplace because Anita's son was at the scene along with the make-up artist's 3 year old daughter. The brand's promotion staff especially brought toys for the kids to play with. Anita also turned into a kid, as she went over to play car games with the kids in between filming. She even asked the staff where she can buy those toys, she sure is a modern mother.

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »
she's so fucking old now XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:40:42 AM »
Anita Yuen wants to have baby after Sandra Ng

Anita Yuen and Vanessa Yeung attended an event yesterday. Anita revealed that yesterday was her birthday and she already called good friends from the industry such as Christine Ng, Sharon Chan and Almen Wong to celebrate, and after that only dining with husband Julian Cheung Chi Lam. Her birthday wish is for Hong Kong to have lesser tragedies and parents to have good health. She also expressed that Julian Cheung did not give her any presents, she said, " He very seldom gives me presents on big days, but usually he would give me presents out of a sudden, my son also did not prepare anything, because he only remembers his own birthday, but yesterday we all had dinner together."

About having another child, Anita frankly said that all the while she has been planning, but will see how everything goes. However her husband is often busy, if she wants another child she would have to arrange time with her husband. She was asked if she would compete with Sandra Ng to see who's faster, she said, "I read in the newspapers saying that she made it, she always denied, but of course I won't believe. Two weeks ago, she said she has a secret to share to help to conceive, I ask her did she succeed, she said not yet. Hearing her saying this I think she should have succeeded, I don't know is it real or not, hopefully will conceive soon. Before this she has a daughter, and then it was my turn."

Source: Oriental Daily
Translator: Eujean Lee @ TVB Newsworld

lol epic commercial from 1990

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 10:55:48 AM »
No Anita Yuen love? WELL FUCK YOU!!!

Fuck, did I crush on her...she got all that quirky qualities you want in a girl. cute, upbeat, tomboyish.  :heart:

Perfect she is in C'est la vie, mon chéri 新不了情 (1993) as the always upbeat positive Min, the wannabe singer who meets songwriter and saxist Lau Ching Wan and fall in love, but she has cancer and shit...tearjerker. She won best actress for this role.

It was a sleeper hit of 1993 and won six awards during the 13th Hong Kong Film Awards, including Best Picture.

WORST is Hong Kong Nightclub  from 1997 where she costars with SMAP's Shingo Katori and they do their lines in english, which they both suck XD

香港大夜总会01 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

Seen her in this recent TVB drama "Born Rich" (from 2009?) it's so fucked up. Gallen Lo plays a conman who pretends to be her and Ray Lui (he returns to TVB! I know, what a stellar movie career as a wannabe Chow Yun-fat LOL) and they take him in. BUT this was before she met in the Malaysian jungles and fell in love with him...SO SHE CRUSHES ON HIM, can't marry her on and off boyfriend, cuz she still supposedly loves her new half brother!!

(caps thx to k-tvb)

...so eventually he's gonna get exposed, he rapes her and blah blah blah, Anita is older, yet whinier. Wack script, but she has her beauty quirky moments. Here's hoping she gets doing some movie roles without having to be Eric Tsang's wife (eg. 2010's 72 Tenants of Prosperity (72家租客)) like team up with Lau Ching Wan again!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 02:22:44 AM »
copped a ton of Anita Yuen classics and finally got around to watching :D

Tom, Dick And Hairy (1993) - HILARIOUS Tony Leungs deliver in this Bromcom. Anita Yuen plays Ah Fong in this bit role, the on again off again gf of lady killer Big Tony Leung. When he fails to score for the night, he calls upon Ah Fong to fuck.

and she always comes over with some soup for the guys (the other Tony Leung and Lawrence whatever TVB guy)

I love she comes in a trench coat like no need to fool around with blouses or skirts.

Its a full house with Athena Chu too

and goes to her whenever he needs he wants.

Eventually she leeaves him for good, but Tony Leung is running to her cuz he found out she's the one he loved all along

The Wedding Days (1997) - -_-; ...was much lamer....her whiny annoying formula seem to have run its course lol This was from 1997 and shit, doesn't help if she plays opposite non Canto speaking Michael Wong -_-

It was all about Charlie Young, who was pretty charming

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 07:46:31 AM »
doing a little pimpage!! magazine photoshoot 袁咏仪为某杂志拍摄的时尚大片日前曝光,她以干练职业装和温馨居家服两种风格示人,演绎现代都市女性在职场和家庭中的不同面。

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 01:58:32 AM »
RESPECT! Do all the guys CHILAM! :hip smile:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms