JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - One or Eight

Author Topic: Fish and Eggs [Random One Shot]  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Tikitty

• ecchi
Fish and Eggs [Random One Shot]
« on: September 17, 2007, 11:38:29 PM »
Hey hey. I wrote this one shot when a friend told me to and more out of randomness. Anyways, it's short and sweet and really has no point but i thought I'd post it here anyways.

-------------------

Fish and Eggs
[TanaKamei]

“ITAII~~!!” the cry rang out loud and clear in the two story apartment, which broke the silence over the cackling of fish frying in a pan. There was a girl’s laughter followed by the loud smacking sound of flesh on flesh. Eri had just smacked Reina’s arm with her hand as she cradled her other hand amongst the side of her body.
“You always burn yourself when you cook fish” Reina rolled her eyes in sarcasm as she tried to reach for Eri’s injured hand but Eri had pulled it away as she turned around and turned on the tap to the sink. Placing her burnt finger under the cold water, Eri cringed as she could feel the throbbing pain of the cold water hitting the small blister that was now only slightly visible. Reina on the other hand turned off the stove, the fish seemed done, and placed the contents of the pan on a serving plate while Eri whined away at the sink. Reina could only chuckle, it was so typical of Eri to whine over something so small as slightly burning her finger. Too cute actually, Reina thought as she walked over from the table in which she had set the fish on and came up behind Eri at the sink. Reina placed her arms around Eri’s stomach in a backwards hug and propped her chin on Eri’s hunched shoulders.
“Stop whining, you probably didn’t even burn it enough for it to show on your skin” Reina whispered into Eri’s ear. Reina could feel Eri shutter as the hot breath from Reina grazed Eri’s neck and cheek.
“It really does hurt” Eri mumbled, the words barely escaping her mouth because of the blood that had now rushed to her rosy cheeks. She tried to squirm her way out of Reina’s hold but found that it was harder said than done. Before Eri knew it, an arm came from around her and grasped the hand with the burnt finger and raised it in the air.
“That’s barely anything! I can’t even see the spot where you burnt yourself!” Reina spoke as she examined the delicate hand, looking for anything out of the ordinary.
“It’s right there!” Eri countered, her other hand pointing at her index finger. She couldn’t believe that Reina couldn’t see the blister that was on her finger. Sure it wasn’t huge, and maybe you’d need a magnifying lens to see it properly but it was there and it was hurting all right!
“Where?”
“There!” Eri pointed at her index finger again. Reina only smiled and brought the finger up to her face and gave it a small peck. *CHU*
Eri went an ever greater shade of pink but tried to brush it off, she couldn’t handle such an intense moment. She pushed her way out of Reina’s grasp and started to clean the kitchen of the mess she had created while cooking. It was always Eri’s reaction to anything intimate like that, cleaning, changing the subject or even pretending like it was nothing. It bothered Reina to no extent that things were always slow between them but at the same time Reina couldn’t help but to feel more anxious every time a special moment like the one earlier arose.
Once again Eri’s ignorance of their slightly “familiar” friendship got to Reina and she felt some what annoyed and agitated at her constant rejection Eri had no idea she was giving out. She huffed and went off to help Eri clean the kitchen counter and the scraps of veggies that were lying everywhere, some even somehow sticking to the walls. That was another thing that Reina had to be tolerant about, Eri’s cooking. It wasn’t the greatest but sometimes she questioned the meals Eri made her, especially the ones that were made when she wasn’t there to monitor it’s progress.
“You’re so annoying Eri” Reina tisked, her mood a total change from the more seductive one before. Her Yankee accent always shone through when she was agitated and Eri could tell she had made a wrong. It was usually Reina’s Yankee accent that reassured her that she had done something wrong. One thing Eri knew she couldn’t do well was make that wrong a right, especially when it came to Reina.
Eri nervously grabbed the egg carton off of the counter and continued to open the fridge door. Eri, once again being the clumsy oaf she was when extremely nervous, dropped the carton of eggs onto the floor. She let out a very Eri-like squeek as she braced for impact but luckily thought she didn’t hear any cracking.
“EEeeee?!” Reina called out in that famous Yankee-delinquent tone yet again, she had spun on her heels when she heard the dropping of the eggs. Eri looked up at a now more agitated Reina who was staring back at her with those piercing Wonky eyes. Eri swore Miki must have been mentoring Reina these past few weeks.
“I got it, I got it” Eri spoke up as she grabbed the eggs from the floor, checked them, and found that they were not damaged thanks to the cardboard packaging. She opened the fridge that had closed when she dropped the eggs and proceeded to place the eggs on the self inside. She closed the door only to see Reina hovering around her once again, the glare less frightening than before.
“They didn’t break” Eri stumbled on the words as she smiled, hoping that it would lessen the tension. Reina remained silent as she looked at Eri.
“They really didn’t” Eri said again, she was nervous of Reina staring at her for such a long period of time. She must have ticked Reina off really badly this time. She had no idea of how to handle the uncomfortable situation.
“Eri…” Reina started, her eyes looking over Eri’s face as Eri backed into the fridge. Reina was starting to freak Eri out. Reina was acting so strange to Eri right now, she wasn’t Yankee sounding, picking a joke on her or even making fun of her clumsiness.
“Some times I wonder why you make me so…” Reina continued on as she inched closer to Eri. Oh crap, Eri thought, Reina’s really pissed now. Crap crap crap!!
“I told you, they didn’t break!! And even if they did I would clean the kitchen!” Eri pleaded, she was afraid of Reina’s movements towards her but she was trapped as the fridge she was backed up against was in a corner of the small kitchen.
“Eri, do you really know how I feel?” Reina asked as she let out a sigh, still inching closer to Eri.
“Look, I’ll make it up to you! I’ll cook dinner for a week! Just don’t…” Eri held onto the edges of the fridge, closing her eyes for any kind of impact. There was that brief moment seemed to last forever, the kind that not knowing what was going on made you uncertain of the future. Eri braced herself but instead, she felt the lightest touch under her chin, which had been lowered as she squinched her eyes. That soft touch lifted her chin upwards and as Eri had opened her eyes to see what it was that had touched her, a wetness lightly touched her lips ever so gently. She saw Reina’s closed eyes in front of her and before she knew it, she too had closed her eyes in the heat of the moment. It was certainly something Eri hadn’t expected and this time she couldn’t avoid it like she always had managed to before. Eri made a mental note to remember to yell at Miki for Reina’s sudden increase in aggressiveness, but really, it wasn’t all that bad at all. Eri felt a leg rub against hers, a hand slide around her neck and another held her head while her own arms lay at her sides, no longer gripping at the fridge. This whole situation was something Eri hadn’t experienced before and for some reason, instead of feeling awkward about it, it felt good. Real good.

There was a slight gurgle from beneath them and Reina and Eri broke a fierce and experimental lip lock (Reina was being more aggressive than Eri thought) only to realize that the grumbling noise was coming from Reina’s stomach. The both of them stared at each other’s blushing faces, as though there was something in each other’s eyes. Reina’s stomach rumbled again.
“Guess I’m hungry” Reina piped up, a little grin on her face. Silence.
“So you weren’t angry then” Eri replied realizing the truth to Reina's previous behaviour. Reina could only laugh this time, it was unbelievable how clueless Eri could be sometimes. Reina shook her head, “No. Come on, lets go eat” she motioned for Eri to come join her at the small table for two.

The two of them dug into their meal hungrily. The experience they shared moments earlier only left them much hungrier than before.
“So, finger still hurting?” Reina asked through mouthfuls of rice and veggies that she timely shoved into her mouth.
“No” Eri replied while tearing through a fish ball. They had only eaten for a few minutes already and they were almost half done their food. Reina was too hungry this time to notice that the fish wasn’t properly cooked, but at this point she didn’t care. She was just making sure that she was chewing and swallowing long enough so that she could catch her breath as well.
“Oh, and another thing. You are so not cooking for a week straight” Reina mentioned as she spat out another fish bone onto the pile on her plate below. Reina could only handle so much of Eri’s cooking before she would just ignore Eri and hit the ramen shops.
“Ehhh? How come?”
“Uhhh… because I don’t want you burning yourself all the time silly!”
“… Uso~!”

-----------------------
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:42:48 PM by Tikitty »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Fish and Eggs [Random One Shot]
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:34:19 AM »
Awwwwwwwwwwww...:hee:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Fish and Eggs [Random One Shot]
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:43:50 AM »
How thoughtful of Reina, not telling Eri the real reason why she doesn't want Eri to cook more.

sweeet sweeettt story.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - One or Eight