JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Konton -chaos-

Author Topic: FaqU's one-shots- Trust You - 10/13  (Read 37175 times)

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Re: FaqU's one-shots- Promise, Regret and Repayment: Part Three
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2009, 06:34:59 AM »
Wow, Eri is so...nice. XD I can't say I'd be so forgiving if I were in her position. And dammit!! Everyone is sending Gaki to the hospital b/c she's not caring for herself properly b/c she's depressed!!!! :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 06:40:39 AM »
No. 1~
It's a good thing one of them got up the courage to actually start talking about what was obviously bothering them both. :yep:

Promise, Regret and Repayment
Part 3: Repayment

And just because we love irony, Reina ends up being the one getting GakiKame together.
:bigdeal:

“God damn it!!! She’s crying because of you! She’s sorry that she hurt you and she loves you!” I was tired of them dragging this

“Reina!!!” Sayu hissed as I turned to look at her

“What?  At this rate they are going no where!!!!” Sayu just shook her head at me
Reina = :mon blowhorn:
Sayu = :scolding:
Reina = :pig realmad:
Sayu =  :err:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »
No. 1

Overnight your position in my heart went from being my best friend to something more, someone I wanted to come home to, kiss goodnight and the person I wanted to see when I open my eyes in the morning.

:wub:

Repayment

“Psst! Reina do you think she plans to kill us both?  She has been in there for a long time.  I’m scared that she is picking knives to chop us up with”

I was reading with all seriousness and this hahaha damn

“God damn it!!! She’s crying because of you! She’s sorry that she hurt you and she loves you!” I was tired of them dragging this

“Reina!!!” Sayu hissed as I turned to look at her

“What?  At this rate they are going no where!!!!” Sayu just shook her head at me

:rofl:

‘She finally asked!!!! Answer her Eri, tell her you love her and would do her right now!!! Er…actually don’t do her, not something I wanna see.’

:lol:

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 03:22:24 AM »
Yay for the reconciliation! Yay for GakiKame! - Yay for Reina's impatience (even though she's the cheater I think I can forgive her for now.) Awesome chapter.

Sorry for all the "yays."

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 07:19:05 AM »
Nice on the third part,  I feel that it ended pretty well for the three parter
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »
I'm happy this mini chapter fic ended well and both couples lived happily ever after :)
Any chance that you will try your hand at such fics again? I feel that you seem to write them very well. Nicely paced and with enough drama but yet not too draggy :twothumbs

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »
Minna-san sorry for the delays in responding to your comments  :sweatdrop: Gomene!!!!

@rndmnwierd: Point taken cheaters aren't cool but i just couldn't make anyone the bad guy in the end.  I don't think I have written anything with GakiKame as the final pairing have I??? so I decided to please those GakiKame lovers (you know who you are)

@ShikyoxYaiba:  I think that majority of the people here loved those lines and definitely something I can imagine Reina saying

@DO Me DO Me: I was tempted to do a little fight sequence but after much debate decided against it.  If I had them fighting then how was I gonna get GakiKame together so that the story flows in the same mood/tension/atmosphere whatever you want to call it.

@strawb3rrykream: The only reason why Eri can be so forgiving is because she realized that the problem wasn't in just Reina herself, she was in denial most of the time, killing herself internally.  In a way it can be seen as Eri realized she didn't love Reina as she thought she did so why hold a grudge?  Holding her grudge will not bring Gaki back.

@ JFC: of course everyone loves irony  :lol:  But seriously Reina only brought them back because she does not deny that she was in the wrong, dragging out her relationship with Eri when she didn't love Eri like that anymore.

@kRisZ: Hey what can I say, I have to ease some of the tension of the 3 part fic in some way and who better to bring that but Reina???   :)  Comical moments once in a while isn't bad is it???

@adventwriter : Thank you for all the 'yays', someone is happy  :lol: 

@kuro-kun: Thanks!!!! I think if I were to rewrite this in an ending that was not as good for everyone, I'm pretty sure my cruel side would make some people die....hmmmmm......

@ lil_hamz : Mame-chan, what are you trying to do??? Kill my brain power???? Also if you haven't noticed I am more leaning towards the darker vibes person so I don't know if my next ones can be as "happy".  'Any chance that I will try at such fics again?' My that sounds like a request now doesn't it????  You know I don't back down (much) to requests so the answer is yes there is a chance that I will try to do something like this again. 

Ohhh I just had a thought.....but not telling  :twisted:

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »
Goodbye

POV 1

I stood here looking out at the city as I was reminiscing your smile, it pains me to know you aren’t by my side anymore, the pain was so strong that I felt like I was lost, unable to breathe, unable to think.  I wanted to vent so bad but I didn’t know how, I tried things like throwing things around, yelling out at the top of my lungs but the pain was still there, in fact it never decreased.

After coming home from the failed attempt at yelling at the top of my lungs, I turned on the lights and noticed your things were scattered all over the place, a result of my throwing things around attempt.  The memories I had with you were there and just looking at them added more pain in my body, mind and heart.  I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water and that is when I noticed my relief.  It stood there not moving but it felt like it was taunting me, the knife in the wooden stand.  I heard it telling me how to vent in a way that would satisfy me

“Come on!  Those methods aren’t going to work, all you’ll do is get tired.  You want to get away from the pain don’t you?”

“Yes” I don’t know why but I answered it

“I can tell you a sure fire way so that all your pain and troubles will go away”

“You can?  H-how?” slowly I advanced towards it

“It’s simple!  Pick me up and slash me through your skin.  The pain created will momentarily erase the pain in your heart”

“B-but you said it can be removed forever, how good is momentarily?”

“Tsk tsk, I didn’t specify where now did I? If you want it to away permanently, you have to slash it hard on both your wrists”

“B-but I don’t understand…”

“Trust me, once you see the blood flowing, it’ll feel like all the pain is floating away.  That IS what you want isn’t it? For the pain to leave you?”

“Yes”

“Well then good, pick me up and do it”

My hands were trembling as I reached out and grabbed the handle.  I didn’t know what came over me once I touched it, but it was as if I was possessed.  I held it in a firm grip and without further processing, I started at one end of my wrist and dragged it to the other.  My blood started flowing out but I didn’t stop there, I changed hands and did the same.  I dropped the knife as I looked at my hands, slowly turned red and were dripping down to the floor.  I felt my body feel weak but I also felt something else, it was if what the knife said was true, the pain that weighed on my chest decreased.  My legs gave way, as I fell to the ground and my eyes felt heavy, slipping away from the world but I was happy, I found bliss.

Images of my best memories flashed before me

Flashback

She was the new transfer student, all timid and alone but it didn’t seem to bother her as if she didn’t care.  I guess it was because of this aura that she gave off that my attention was diverted to her when she was around.  I told my best friend about her and she laughed at my weird taste in people and thinking

“Don’t forget who is my best friend” I retorted as I shoved her

She thought about it and I watched as her smile turned into a frown “Darn it!” I laughed at her antics, always the one to help me out when I needed it

It was also because of her that I had enough courage to talk to the new girl though.

“OI!!! Get going already!!! You don’t expect her to notice you by drooling at her from a far now do you?” she pushed me forwards towards the direction of where she was sitting

She was reading under a tree, having a very studious image as I walked closer and closer.  My hands started sweating, my pace slowed but eventually I was in front of her.  She looked up from her book and it was the first time I saw her from such a close distance.  Her eyes were chocolate brown having a slightly annoyed? look, I suppose she really liked reading her book but I didn’t let that stop me.  I gathered enough courage to start introducing myself

“H-hi! I’m in your math class, my name is….”

~RING~ I watched as she got up and walked by me “Nice to meet you” was all she said before she ran to her next class

I guess my best friend was spying on me because she popped up after you left “So?? How did it go?”

“I-I didn’t even tell her my name before the bell rang and she left”

She giggled having a hand over her mouth “O-oh you were so smooth!!!! Haha man I think you take the cake in smoothness” I glanced at her laughing and then punched her “Itai~”

“That’s for laughing at me dingbat” I walked off without her.  From behind I heard her apologizing to me

End of Flashback

Flashback 2

It took me a while but eventually I got her to talk to me, with the help of a certain dingbat of course, and we became friends.  I introduced her to my best friend and they hit it off no problem, I guess it is just me but then again my best friend usually has no problem in befriending people.  My best friend was weird and would spit out random things that made no sense to people but I guess that is what attracts people to her.

Days led to month before I had enough courage to ask her out, it took a lot of urging on dingbat’s part but in the end I pulled through to ask her on a date, a date that she didn’t know was a date but to me it was.  I saved up enough money to take her out to a romantic dinner on the night that I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend.

When the night came to an end I took her to a local park that was close by her house.  We sat at a bench, neither of us wanted to break the silence as we enjoyed the cool breeze and the star-filled sky.  I turned my head to look at her, it seemed like she was shining with the lamp light shining from behind.  I guess she felt my gaze on her because she turned and looked at me.  I took this moment and held onto her hand, she blushed and looked away slightly.  She looked so cute blushing like that and it was a total contrast from when I first laid my eyes on her.  I turned her to face me “will you be mine?”  She nodded slightly smiling, I pulled her into a hug thinking about how wonderful this night was.

End of Flashback 2

Flashback 3

I was happy these last few days, it was our vacation off from school so we planned a trip just the four of us.  My best friend introduced me to her girlfriend who apparently was not from our school and was very protective over her.  She was persistent in doing everything for her, from getting her water to watching where she walks for her, in a sense I thought she was overly protective but also I was happy for my best friend to find someone that would take care of her so well.  Throughout the week we went around the country, from one city to another and all we did was eat, shop, take pictures, go to amusement parks.  I must say that it was the best feeling a person to ever have, going on vacation with the most important people in your life.

My best friend was being her weird self as usual and was exceptionally happy, we made jokes about each other and of course poking fun at my best friend was a past time I always found satisfying.

Today was our last day together before school starts and we dropped my best friend and her girlfriend off first because apparently, they were spending the night together.

“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do” I nudged her

“There are a lot of things you don’t do” she eyed my girlfriend reminding me how long it took for me to actually go up to her. 

I whacked her lightly on the arm “You are never going to let me live it down are you?”

“Haha not in your lifetime” she clung onto her girlfriend, who was clueless as to what the joke was about

“Well fine use protection” I grabbed my girlfriend’s hand and started running for it.  I could hear her yelling about something but I didn’t care, I had the last word.

End of Flashback 3

‘Goodbye minna-san, I just can’t leave her alone’ was my last conscious thought before slipping away into the darkness.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: FaqU's one-shots- Goodbye
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »
I like the whole concept of the story so far.  I am terrible at guessing pairings so I'll just keep it interchangeable at best.  It seems interpersonal issues cloud the real issue of love.  Well can't wait for the next part.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009, 05:43:28 AM »
Goodbye

POV 1

Aw man, now it's going to bug me trying to figure out who's who. :-X

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »
On noes! Is it Takagaki with Gaki as narrator and KameShige on the side? And more importantly, will there be a part two?

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »
Okay everyone, I am very sorry that I can't answer any of your questions because honestly it is something I am feeling right now, so will there be another part??? I don't really know because I don't know if I can turn this thing around at the end when my emotions are not as dark.  I dont really know what to make of it right now so many apologies.

I wrote this out of a whim of my current emotions so hopefully I will be able to get out of this corner that I seemed to have locked myself in.  If I don't and the readers are upset about it, my apologies

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 06:24:21 PM »
the narrator tried to kill herself at the start... I don't know who the narrator is but...
Her eyes were chocolate brown having a slightly annoyed?
Ahhh...who has chocolate brown eyes... Gaki?

I introduced her to my best friend and they hit it off no problem, I guess it is just me but then again my best friend usually has no problem in befriending people.  My best friend was weird and would spit out random things that made no sense to people but I guess that is what attracts people to her.
best friend must be Eri... I'm sure of it..LOL

I wrote this out of a whim of my current emotions so hopefully I will be able to get out of this corner that I seemed to have locked myself in.  If I don't and the readers are upset about it, my apologies
It's ok..take your time... It's really a promising story but if you force it, the results will suffer... I really hope you can continue it but if not... still, apologies accepted.XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2009, 02:30:49 AM »
Yeah, I understand you can't write sad things when you're happy. It's perfectly understandable if you don't feel like churning out another one, this does seem like kind of a dark place.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2009, 03:52:58 PM »
Goodbye

Whoa 

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 04:31:50 PM »
POV 2

Today I knew you would feel lost and distant so naturally I would begin to worry about you and how you were taking things.  I went to your house and opened the door with the spare keys you had given me.  The minute I walked in I looked at the pictures and objects all over the house, it was a total mess as I carefully walked around taking in everything, the pictures you created with me and with her and even some with our new addition to the group.  I walked along and noticed that the kitchen light was on whereas other areas were engulfed in darkness.  It was kind of creepy really, like some sort of horror film.  I walked towards the kitchen dropping my keys in your key bowl, there you lay blood all around you on the floor.  Immediately I went to check your body temperature and called for an ambulance, afraid that I might be late.

“Stay with me here, don’t you dare leave on me now” I put towels on her slits, applying pressure so that she would stop bleeding

The paramedics that got us to the hospital said that I was lucky, a few more minutes and you would’ve been gone for good.  I knew the relationship you have with her but never could imagine that it would result to this, I thought you were more composed than this. 

I paced around until the doctors came out “H-how is she?” my voice was trembling, afraid that they couldn’t save you or heal you.

“She’s alive, we bandaged her wrists but she is still unconscious”

“Can I see her?”

“Sure but remain quiet, the patient needs her rest and…I think I can recommend a good psychiatrist.  Normal people don’t have accidents on both their wrists, so please console her to take the therapy sessions.”

I nodded and thanked the doctor before heading to your room, I was crying with every step towards your room and personally was scared, not knowing what to expect when I walked into your room.  The image of you lying in a pool of your blood still floated in my mind, something that may never be erased.  I wiped my tears and took a couple of deep breaths before entering your room.

There you lay with a some sort of machine hooked up to you, I suppose to check your pulse with the constant beeping that can be heard as well I could see that they were giving you blood to make up for the loss.  I took a moment to think back on our times together

Flashback

“Nee nee, let’s go around the country like a road trip for the vacation week” she happily skipped over

“That sounds like a good idea” I looked at you for your input, in which your eyes glowed and I laughed assuming that it was a great idea for you too “So where do you guys want to go???”

“I don’t know I just like the idea” she replied

The rest of us all glared at her for not thinking it through, but we also smiled because it was so like you to think of something but not plan anything too.  “Okay so how about we all go home and think of a few locations and from there we can pick our locations?” you suggested

“You are so good at these things, better than some people we know” I glanced sideways at her and she was pouting.

“Hey, no need to hate because I don’t like the planning process”

We just laughed at her reaction as the four of us went our separate ways to think about possible locations or things we could do.
*********************************************************************************************************
“Wow never knew you were into that stuff” I commented when she suggested we go to a museum in Fukuoka

“I wasn’t but I heard that there was this one museum that we could check out” she glanced at the person to her right, who looked up to the sky, whistling “This better be good for me to mark it as something to do”

She laughed and ruffled her hair “Awww come on, I only made that up, I can’t believe you would believe me” we all laughed at the innocent person before us

“Yeah yeah laugh it up, wait till you guys do something really dumb, I will never let you guys live it down” 

End of Flashback

We continued to plan our trip that day and surprisingly when we came back from it we were all satisfied at how it turned out.  We had loads of fun and took lots of pictures as I recalled the different locations we went to.

I heard the door creak open and footsteps walk in breaking me out of my walk down memory lane so I turned to see who the new visitor was.  I was in utter shock at the new visitor, not because of her being here but her appearance “You’re…you’re”…Tanaka-san?”

“Nice to see you again”

“How come you’re dressed like that?” realization hit me like big time, it all made sense now “You’re a doctor?”

“Well…actually a doctor in training”

“So…” Reina handed me an envelope that was addressed to me.  She gave my shoulder a squeeze and headed to the door

“I will be back later…please talk to her”

When she was gone I opened the envelope to find a letter with her writing.  Skimming through the formalities and straight to the writer’s name, I was shocked but slowly my mind started thinking as I sat there going back to the beginning of the letter.

Seems weird that I would be writing this to you nee?  By the time you’ve received this letter, I most likely would have left and judging by how intelligent you are I don’t need to explain the situation.  How is she?  I know that I should’ve told her but I couldn’t, she was so happy that I couldn’t bear to see her sad.  I’m glad that she had you though, if anyone can make her smile, it’s you.  Haha you’re weirdness can possibly match my own but in our own little ways nee? I guess that’s why she is attracted to us nee?

Now that I am out of the picture, I need you to help me take care of her. Preserve the smile that makes our days brighter!!! She may be upset in the beginning but I trust that you will be able to make her shine once again and make her stronger as a person.  The facts are already set in stone, there’s no changing it and I know she will be in denial so please make her realize that I couldn’t stay with her and as much as I wish I could there was no way.

Please help me tell her that I never really left if she treasures me.  People never really leave if their memories are still with you and if you’re feelings for them are strong and true, then they will never leave your heart either.

Please take care of her for me onegaishimasu!!! Remind her that I love her and that I always want her to smile no matter what happens in life, those were my intentions.  Before I leave, to spend it with her smiling and to leave with that etched in our memories, not just hers and mine but ours, Reina’s and your included. Ai-chan, I entrust her in your care, thank you for making her happy and loving her.

Best wishes,

After reading the letter, I wiped the tears that had started to descend down my face, I didn’t know her as well as the sleeping figure but she did make an impact in my life as well.  I folded the letter and placed it back in the envelope carefully not to get it wrinkled for this was her last gift to me.  I looked at the sleeping figure and took her hand in mine, caressing her sleeping face with my free hand.

“She really is a special one nee?  She meant a lot to both of us and obviously you were held in a special position considering you were all she thought of even when she had to leave.  Please don’t waste her efforts by doing this to yourself, please move on with those memories she created with you…please don’t leave me”

‘I will continue your wishes and make sure she lives well.  Please give her strength where ever you are and wish the best for us.  God bless you’

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: FaqU's one-shots- Goodbye POV 2
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 06:21:13 PM »
A heart touching approach to this part, well I guess I'll just wait on your decision for a next part good job
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 01:58:08 AM »
So it was GakiKame with Ai as the best friend? Who is Ai's girlfriend if it's not Reina? And who is Reina?

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2009, 04:02:12 PM »
It’s Gaki on the bed and the letter’s from Eri.?.

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2009, 04:17:39 PM »
@ Kuro-kun: Thanks for reading and this will be the final part...I think

@ rndmnwierd: Did I lose you somewhere???  I think this last part will identify what the pairings are actually.

@ kRisZ: Bingo, Gaki is the one in the hospital and Eri was the writer of the letter.

POV 3
I was finishing a report when I heard a knock on my door, I turned my head to see them in which I was not surprised because it was going to happen sooner or later.  They had questions and I had some of their answers.  I looked at the one that was being guided in, she looked weak and fragile as if she was going to break any time soon, but at least she is alive.  I’ve asked about her condition from her doctor, on a timely basis, she hasn’t really been eating and she’s been in this depression but hopefully after our discussion and her guide’s assistance, she will come out of it.

They both took a seat in front of me as I finished what I was doing. “Hey, I knew you would find me sooner or later”

“Sorry to bother you but we just couldn’t wait, we have so many unanswered questions”

“In which I will answer to the best of my knowledge”

“W-what…h-how” your voice was hoarse so I got up and poured you a glass of water

“How about I tell you my end of things, maybe that will clear up a lot of your questions” they both nodded

“I met her approximately one year ago…”

Flashback
I was walking back from lunch and I saw a girl sitting on a chair in the halls not moving so naturally I went up to make sure everything was okay “Er… excuse me miss, are you okay?”

She wiped her tears and smiled up at me “Yeah, everything is fine”

“Are you sure?” I was sceptical, fine does not entail a person sitting here crying

“Yeah” as she got up and left

I didn’t think much of it then but I saw her again the very next day talking to one of my colleagues, to be exact a colleague that was a specialist in treating cancer.  They were bidding themselves goodbye and I saw her lower her head scurrying off.  I don’t know why but my curiosity got the best of me as I walked up to my colleague “Iida-san, is she a patient of yours?”

“Tanaka-san, is she your friend?”

“Um…sort of”

“Well if would be best to persuade your friend to check in immediately, it would be best if she went through therapy regardless of the outcome”

“I will Iida-san, er…I’ve got to run but we’ll have lunch sometime” as I zoomed off ‘She’s got cancer, no wonder she was upset’

I was walking around on the roof for some fresh air, a habit I have when I am overworked, stressed or needed alone time to think and I heard crying.  I looked around for the source and I found her crouched against a wall crying.  Instinctively, I went up to her and handed her my handkerchief “Here…are you okay?”

She took my handkerchief and smiled at me “yeah, I’m fine.  It seems like you always come out with that phrase miss…” she looked at my name tag “Tanaka”

I took a seat beside her “yeah it seems that way doesn’t it?  Do you want to talk about what’s bothering you?” I didn’t want to let her know I knew what was wrong in case she was one of those who would over react

“Nothing really” she was in denial again, I didn’t know what it was but I wanted to continue to talk to her so I blurted out the first thing on my mind.

“Why aren’t you taking therapy?” the moment those words left my mouth, I put both my hands over my mouth.  It wasn’t what you’d expect a stranger to say to you so you had on this shocked look and froze on the spot “I’m sorry but I saw you talking to my colleague and I got curious and…I’m sorry if you are offended” I got up and bowed profusely

As I was bowing I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked at the hand and traced it to where you were standing, I was so caught in apologizing that I didn’t notice that you had gotten up, but you were smiling at me “No need to apologize.  Thank your for your concern but let’s just say I can’t”  You sat back down and patted the spot beside you

“Why?” I sat beside you with millions of questions “Why can’t you?”

“I’m in my final stage so nothing really works so why waste that money?  I think I’d rather do something better with my time and money”

“Is that why you’re crying because you feel like there’s nothing left to help you?”

She shook her head “No, I’m crying because I can’t imagine how my friends and family will take it.  I don’t want to see them sad or upset”

“Eh~?” was all I can say, it wasn’t normal for people to think of others at times like this, usually people would be crying wondering why them and not someone else.  I guess I bore an odd face because she giggled beside me

“You’ve got a funny face” hearing her giggle and seeing her smile immediately brought a smile to my face

“I don’t think I’ve properly introduced myself, Tanaka Reina” I held out my hand

“Kamei Eri” she shook my hand “what department are you in doctor?”

“I’m not a doctor yet only training”

“You’ll make a great doctor”

“How so?”

“You’re caring.  You don’t know me, I’m not your patient but you still cared, isn’t that the most basic thing a patient can ask from their doctors?” As I was giving it some thought, she got up and ran off “See you around Tanaka-san”

End of Flashback

“I saw Eri more and more because she required to do a checkup every week and every time she did she would stop by and talk to me.  She told me loads about herself and her bestfriend in which she missed the most. Everytime she talks about her memories created with her bestfriend she would start to get teary-eyed.  I started to look forward to her visits, she even started visiting when she wasn’t due for her check-up just to come chat with me.  We would usually go to the rooftop, sitting on the ledge and just talk about anything, my things, her things, movies just about anything.  I guess that is how I grew more attached to her as I finally asked her out and tried to ask her to be my girlfriend

Flashback 2

“Eri-chan, its nice out tonight nee?” she hooked her arm around mine as we took a stroll along a beach

“It’s nice!  I love the beach, the smell of the sea, the sounds of the waves, the feel of the sand…”

“Eri-chan…”

“Nani?” we stopped walking and she looked at me

“Will you let me walk down the remaining path with you?”  She froze and slowly I felt her hand slip away as she started to run in the opposite direction we came from.  I ran after her and stopped in front of her holding onto her shoulders.  She lifted her face and she was crying “What’s wrong?”

“Reina, don’t!!!  You know that nothing will come out of this, I won’t be here for long, I don’t want this to end up hurting you”

I wiped her tears away “Silly Eri, by you not accepting my offer and my feelings is what hurts.  I’ve thought about this thoroughly and yes I know you will leave me one day and yes I may be heart broken then but at least I wouldn’t go through a life in regret” 

She took my hands off her shoulder and looked away “Don’t say anymore, I’ll pretend you didn’t say anything”

“I want to be there for you in your time of need, I want to be with you regardless of the time span we have left.  I want to be the one there for you because…because I love you.  I know you may think I am talking crazy, that I don’t know what I’m feeling but I reassure you I’m not doing this because I sympathize you, I’m doing it because I truly love you”  I took her hand and placed it over my heart “This heart I have is beating this way because of you, because of who you are as a person, because of your uniqueness that has managed to capture it”  Your hand slipped away from my heart, as tears started building and were flowing down my face.  I closed my eyes and decided to let everything out for it may be my only chance “Please give me a chance to be your pillar of support.  Please give me a chance, be my girlfriend” my legs gave way as I was crying my heart out, pleading for her to accept me

She crouched down putting her hand on my shoulder “Sorry but I can’t return those feelings however I hope we can still be friends” she got up and started walking away.  Never in my life had I felt like this before, I felt so helpless and so defeated as if a part of me was disappearing away from me right before my eyes. 

I scrambled to my feet “I’ll be there for you, even as friends, I’ll do it!!!!”

She froze in her steps not looking back at me, I was unaware of what was going through her mind but she suddenly turned, smiling at me “come on slow poke, loser treats ice-cream” as she ran off towards the train station.  I didn’t care if she didn’t love me at least I love her and I was given the chance to be her confidante

End of Flashback 2

“You know I was more or less jealous of you, I was never able to become any closer than just a friend”

“B-but you guys….”

“It was a lie, a staged production.  She was getting weaker and she knew it so she asked me to play the girlfriend role so that you wouldn’t be worried about her and I would help her be more convincing when she was absent on her check-ups and you question”  I felt a drop on my hand and realized that I had started to cry reminiscing the past “At some point, I even loathed you for knowing her first, you were all that she talked about usually, it made me wonder at that point whether she loved you but I found out later that she didn’t, it was just who she was.  I remember her last day…”

Flashback 3
“Well fine use protection” the ‘bestfriend’ ran off as Eri was yelling random things out

As soon as they were out of sight, you clutched your head and your legs gave way, luckily I caught you in the nick of time before you fell to the ground “are you okay? Where’s your medicine?” I searched around for your medication but you put a hand over mind to stop me.

“Thank you for all you’ve done for me, helping me create memories for her as well as for us.  I know it was unfair for you but I honestly thank you for the time you’ve spent on me”

“D-don’t!  Don’t say anything, let’s get you to the hospital” I mustered all of my energy to carry you as I waved a taxi down

I held you in my arms throughout the whole ride, worried about your condition, yelling at the driver to hurry up.  You tugged at my sleeve, “don’t worry!  I’m okay!  I need you to do me a favour”

*sniff sniff* “What…what is it?”

“In my purse there is a key attached to my house keys, that key is for the locked drawer in my room.  Inside there is a letter that I want you to deliver for me when I am gone…”

“Don’t!  you won’t be gone… you have to stay with me”

“Shhh!  You knew this was going to happen at any moment” I knew but I had also fallen so deeply in love that I hoped it wouldn’t come yet “will you do this last task for me?” your eyes sparkled in its own way even in your condition

“y-yes, I’ll do it”

“Thank you” were your last words before you fell into eternal slumber

End of Flashback 3

“As promised I did as was told and gave the necessary documents out” I looked up from my walk down memory lane and both were crying, unable to speak.  I took both their hands in mine and looked at them straight in the eye “It was a loss we didn’t want but thinking back at the efforts she made for your happiness, I hope you guys understand what her last wish” I got up from my seat and headed out the door
I went up to my usual spot on the roof and sat on the ledge, the ledge I use to share with Eri, after my discussion, I felt tired about thinking back of the past.  I pulled out an envelope and opened it up, a part that I didn’t tell them.

Flashback
When you left, I remembered my promise as I went to your house with the keys and zoomed straight into your room.  I looked around the room and it felt…cold and empty, it was different from the other times I was here, maybe because the owner is no longer here anymore.  I glanced around the room at the toys and pictures that were there, smiling at some of the goofy pictures that were taken.  I continued to look around until my eyes lay upon your desk and I was brought back to the real reason I was here.  My hands trembled and fumbled with the keys but I managed to open it and on top was a letter addressed to Ai-chan.  I picked it up and noticed another envelope, an envelope addressed to me.  Slowly I sat down at your desk and picked it up, opened it and began to read it

Nee nee Reina, surprised?  How are you taking it?  Genki?  By the time you’re reading this, I most likely have left this world to a far away place.  I want to thank you once again for everything you’ve helped me through

There is something I’ve kept a secret unable to bring myself to say to you, lack of courage I guess, which may seem weird nee (laugh)  That night when you confessed your feelings for me, my heart broke down, I thought that god was playing a truly mean trick on me because I loved you too.  When I first was diagnosed with cancer, I was ready to leave making sure that everyone around me was cared for, I didn’t anticipate your appearance, nor did I anticipate my feelings to grow for you.  The days I came over to talk to you were because I missed you, I didn’t realize it then but when I did, I hated the feelings and tried to suppress them yet you were like a drug,  I couldn’t keep away.  It was okay as long as you didn’t feel the same way for me too, because then that way I wouldn’t be the one to upset you when I left.  But who knew?  Who knew that at that moment you would confess to a sick person, your speech at the beach really touched me but I couldn’t give you that false hope not when I wasn’t going to be around long.  Although you say you didn’t care, I did!  I couldn’t bear to see you upset if I did give you that chance so I did the one thing that I thought would minimize it, I rejected you.  I was leaving this world so me suffering from this was better than both of us but you were a persistent one nee? Even when I rejected you saying that we can only be friends you took that as a chance.  I was astonished and touched that night, wanting to badly to run up to you and tell you I loved you too but I couldn’t be selfish.

These remaining days of my life were the best I’ve ever had because they were with you, you brightened everything when I thought it was dark.  I may be smiling on the outside but inside I was engulfed in darkness until you showed up, you made every moment I had left bright just by being there, like an angel sent down from above and I thank you Reina, thank you for making my days the best, thank you for showing me love, and showering with love.  I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you this face to face but I LOVE YOU!

Reina read the letter over and over till it was at the point where she memorized it as she took a lighter and set the letter on fire.

“I love you too Eri” as she got up from the ledge “Forever and into our next lives, I’ll find you”

‘Goodbye minna-san, I just can’t leave her alone’

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Konton -chaos-