JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - YUMEURUSHOUJOJAIRARENAI

Author Topic: Nanchatte Renai [25/7 - Bonus Ending: Full Circle]  (Read 63998 times)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Nanchatte Renai [11/26 - Answer (END)]
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »
The other girl disappeared out of a side door, Ai closely behind. The corridor was only dimly lit, casting long shadows in many directions. It left Ai with the impression that she was chasing shadows in an unrelenting night, seeking but not quite grasping the petite figure that haunted her dreams. Her breathing was loud in her ears, as was her heartbeat. She would not be denied.

This seems like a nightmare.

I guess it was, huh? While I'm actually kinda sad they didn't get a happy ending (urgh, I can't believe I said that) at the same time, it's so real. Relationships don't always work. Things like pride and hurt get in the way. All in all, a perfect end to this tragic tale. Although, it did taper out there at the end...

EDIT: New page GETS! Also first reply.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 04:40:44 PM by rndmnwierd »

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2009, 05:04:25 PM »
"I love you Reina. Stay with me."

Finally

"All I ever wanted was a second chance, but I guess...I'm just...too late..."

Ouches

I love you, Ai. I'm so sorry.

Damn

At least Risa isn't the only one hurting and alone  XD

Fictional yet factual  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Thank you and will stay close for the next story  :kneelbow:

Offline Retro Bubble

• Me, Me, Me
  • Member+
  • That One Night
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »
I was actually kind of hoping for a happy ending, but then that wouldn't be as realistic as some sort of tragedy and heartbreak occurring after all things that's happened in this story. I could understand why Reina would be in extreme doubts about Aichan's feelings, and why she denied her despite her own strong feelings towards the woman. Aichan was just too late in the game, quite unfortunately.

This has been one heck of an emotional rollercoaster ride, Estrea. Epic story. :farofflook:

You know, if this was a drama, High-King's Destiny Love would be such a fitting ending song for the finale. XD
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:39:54 PM by Retro Bubble »

Offline peti-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ai-chan oriented XD
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2009, 06:23:07 PM »
Well, what can I say, sad but true. Here it is this harsh reality. However, I'm glad Ai finally had said those three words to Reina even if too late because now they both will be able to move on.

I thought I would be more sad because of them not being together and happy in love but somehow as I look at them I think that it's better for them to be alone 'cause their relationship turned out to be so toxic in the end (and surely, both of them aren't quite right in the head too XD) that there is a possibility that the happy ending would turn out far-fetched. It was too late for them and it was just nanchatte renai. There was love but there wasn't enough trust and honesty. Simply, in this alternative world, there was no hope for ReinAi XD

And there is one thing I find funny about this story and it's Gaki XD She suddenly appeared and then suddenly disappeared and in the end it was as if she had never appeared in the first place. I honestly thought she would play a much bigger role in the ending XD

You created an awesome story, very deep, true and emotional. Surely, it became one of my favorites :twothumbs

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2009, 08:25:10 PM »
The zero sum game came to an end, I thought that was quite heart-wrenching and I guess Ai as the villain would work out  XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2009, 10:37:36 PM »
I don't know how I feel about the ending just yet. I feel I should be sad that they didn't get their happy ending but at the same time they hurt each other (or rather, Ai hurt Reina) too much and left things too late to have that happily ever ending. Not that I'm suggesting anything (I'm really not  :D), but it would be interesting to fast-forward the story a few years after into the future to see how they both ended up doing. Maybe Ai never recovered from losing Reina and is still hurting, bumps into Reina one day but sees that Reina is slowly moving on with someone by her side (Eri? XD), and Ai is left to reflect on her loss once again. Just because I want to see a hurting Ai after the pain she inflected on Reina (I'm so mean :lol:) Or maybe there's still something left in it for them. Just not now at this point.

We never got to know what exactly it was that led to Ai's low self-esteem and was so intent on protecting Reina by keeping her away from her or their history together, but nevertheless. I think it would have hurt Reina more to hear Ai finally say those three words than to have given her closure, but I do feel she made the best decision for herself. They could have had their happy ending now, but what if Ai raises her doubts in herself again and hurts Reina by trying to 'protect' her? I guess you're right when you say Ai is the villain of the story. She could have made things happen in this story but it's her loss. Which she probably knows all too well.

This was one epic story you put together. Hopefully next time you write a RenAi story Ai is a much happier character and they end up happily ever after :P Thanks for this one~

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 05:38:55 AM by aussie »

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2009, 11:46:02 PM »
The pieces have finally come together, though they may not be pretty, but isn’t that just how life is. Not everything will end up with a happy ending and the consequences you get comes from the actions you take.

No doubt that they truly loved each other but it would have been too easy if Reina had just accepted Ai with "I love you Reina. Stay with me." for all of the emotional turmoil that they have gone through. As your earlier chap title has appropriately suggested, the girls have been living in a Doll House for far too long; so long that we can understand why Reina found it hard to trust Ai this time.

I agree with Peti-chan on Gaki’s disappearance right after the epic confrontation (evil me had imagine that it was Gaki who took the candid photos of the bar drinking just to spite the girls XD). I do wonder too about details of the past (and the mentioned man that they hate so much) that triggered this rollercoaster ride of nanchatte renai between the 3 girls.

:roll: Of course, it would be nice to have a happy ending too…. *whistling*

Offline Swtme03

• *Ninja*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I've found who I want to be :)
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2009, 12:20:19 AM »
OH MY GOODNESS!! Bravo!!
I think this is the first time I ever cried reading a fanfic...
I was feeling both of their pain at the same time and just couldn't hold in the tears!
Great job!!  :twothumbs

~It'll cost you nothing to dream~and everything not to~
Love you some MM animated goodness?! Gifs by Swtme03

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2009, 02:18:21 AM »
Awww I thought for sure it was going to have a happy ending...   :farofflook:
after all they've been through....  :mon whimper:

Risa must be thanking her lucky stars that she only had to cameo in this whole love affair...
poor Reina though,  I feel the worst for her in the end  :gmon tears:

I think I was holding my breath throughout most of the ending....so emotionally gripping!
even til the last moment, I still had hope that Reina would turn around...

but it's okay...it feels like the ending but at the same time it feels like...maybe, just maybe one day when they, erm mostly Reina, are able to forgive and forget, they may be able to at start over.  *hehe once again, fan in denial here*   :sweat:

Thanks for the fantastic read  :vv:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #169 on: November 28, 2009, 09:27:01 PM »
Quick note to everyone, I'll most likely be following up this series with a sequel!

*hears crows fly past*

Ahem. Rather than an actual sequel, it's going to be a reload of the timeline. Basically...we start from where things went wrong the first time round here in Nanchatte Renai, but instead of going down the same path, something different happened! And we get...a less painful ending. :D

In other words, you guys get to see the backstory from a different perspective. Isn't that exciting?

Oh and the new series will be titled Destiny Love. Yes, after that High King song. XD After translating the lyrics (well, in the process of doing so), I decided that this will be a good song to base the story on. :D

お楽しみに!

EDIT: Before I forget, since the reload will take a different route from how Nanchatte developed originally, I will provide a short variation guide after each chapter to point out what happened differently in Nanchatte, and comment about how things really change because of those little variations. Hehe. XD

It'll be some time before I can write and post the new story though, because I'm moving to a new house, so I won't be online for the next week or so (and if I do, only sporadically). Wait for it!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:41:29 PM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2009, 05:40:00 AM »
YES!!!*finaly replies XD*

i cant wait for the backstory X3

and i hope that ur move goes well X3
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2009, 08:04:24 PM »
Kekekekekekeke

Ai gets to taste her own medicine!

But how is the ending my fault?! o.O I understand saying just post one chapter up, but the ending my fault?
:P

Destiny love... LOL Well, this time it will be a happy ending? Or maybe it'll end being depressing again thanks to me? :P

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2009, 10:07:14 PM »
Destiny Love? Don't you mean Disney Love? :lol: :lol:

Offline Retro Bubble

• Me, Me, Me
  • Member+
  • That One Night
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2009, 01:02:26 AM »
If it was Disney Love, I reckon Risa will make tons of appearances. :lol: *brick'ed*

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the sequel. :twothumbs

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2009, 01:06:55 AM »
^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline amEthystx

• The Bishop NI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2009, 04:25:13 AM »
Dying to know the other reason Reina left~ Other then the uncertainty something else must have pushed her over the edge though~,  but i guess that will be in the sequel ya?

Sighs~ Bad timings  :on speedy:

Don't be mad..  :on chew:

:mon bat:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »
I don't get it! *flops down in my chair*

When I first had a sneek peek of your final chapter, I had a bunch of questions swirling in my head. But I thought I would have them answered after I read the in between. Bu..t...B...u..t...THAT WASN'T THE CASE!!! :angry:

Why can't RenAi get together in the end? A case of bad timing? But now they know about each other's feelings. I'm sure if they talked it out and tried to get through this together they could succeed? Maybe?

You know, if this was a drama, I'll definitely throw my remote at the TV. It's TERRIBLE not having an ending, ENDING.  :D

PS: I keep hearing Disney Love instead of Destiny in the Hiking XD song.

So when is the new fic gonna be done. I wanna reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead~~ :grin:

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2009, 08:10:42 PM »
*stares*
 :shocked:

:gyaaah: such a heart breaking ending!!! Different feelings were felt but still, it ended in catastrophe..
gaaahhhh.... If only Ai was honest with her feelings in the first place.. It clearly showed how important the time is in their relationship. A fraction of a second could result in a different ending.

What if Ai admitted she loved Reina when Risa asked her?

What if Ai admitted she loved Reina after Reina confessed her feelings to her even though she heard her answered 'no' to Risa's question?

It's almost the same... but somehow, the result would be varied.

In the 1st question... well, Reina would be happy that at last... the feeling was mutual...
on the 2nd case however... it would raise some question deep inside Reina. Why Ai didn't say yes to Risa in the first place? It looks like she didn't want her gf.. wait... ex-gf to know that she love Reina... Isn't Ai proud of her? Why is Ai scared of admitting it? And it would just make Reina doubt the credibility of Ai's feelings for her and it might lead to break up.... :sweatdrop:

Am I still making sense? ahahahha... It's already 3am here and I haven't slept a bit since yesterday... :grin:

Anyway... I'm not fully blaming Ai for what happened with her... It's just that... Reina suddenly vanished even though she said she'll be back... I wonder what happened in the office.....OMG!!!! it just hit me!!! :on kimbo:

Wait... I somehow see the connection... :cow:
 I guess... the manager (that Ai was trying to save Reina from) learned about their relationship and threatened Reina to go away from Ai!!! That must be it!!!! And it all started when Reina accidentally answered Ai's phone...ahahaha...  :grin:

To summarize my rant.... I just want them to have a happy ending.... but then again...the ending's really good...(been used to Lil_Hamz character deaths and sad ending :yep: )  I hope for a happy ending on your Disney Land.. I mean... Disney Love... uh..wait... Destiny Love sequel... :rofl:

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2010, 06:43:13 AM »
*is finished reading*

I have to say, throughout the reading I just couldn't quite get into RenAi. I'm not sure why (perhaps, I don't like Reina as much as I do Risa... ^_^). I was aching for Risa... what she must have felt to be so brazenly betrayed. >.<

BUT, there were also moments when I felt sweetened by RenAi. Everything Reina was saying leading up to her 'I love you' to Ai and everything spoken afterwards... this scene was a particularly powerful one and had me really cheering for Reina.

Love the angst.  :heart: Really well written and the way you structured the story was effective too.
I had a feeling it was a 'man' who had done something to Ai in her past to shape the way she is now... I don't remember what it was, but you dropped a hint early on. I was surprised nobody picked up on it... but yeah, good job with the authoring!  :thumbsup

Despite feeling a lot when Risa was officially dropped, I didn't cry. You managed to make me cry at the end though, after reading this bit:

They had missed their chance together.

It rings true. Life is like that - full of missed opportunities. It was frustrating that Ai was only willing to face up to her feelings when it was TOO late. >.< Even more so that Reina couldn't bring herself to forgive Ai months afterwards when they come face to face again... but these are people we're looking at, and their flaws disable them. Especially during the most critical of moments - we're liable to being reactive rather than proactive. It was only when Ai realised that she'd lost Reina (when it suddenly hit her that Reina had not once looked up at her after receiving the phone call), that she was suddenly sparked with emotion and into action. Great depiction of some aspects of the human nature.

There are still some questions left unanswered though. Perhaps we really don't need to know, but you've sure made me curious.
- WHY exactly did Ai think she had wronged Reina? Is it simply because she thought she had 'tied' Reina to her? I always thought it would be something a lot more dramatic...
- WHAT exactly had happened between Ai and the mystery 'man'? Ai apparently felt filthy after what had happened, and so we can imagine so much... but apart from this, there is still a lot fog surrounding this part of Ai's past. I wonder if you'll ever elaborate? (perhaps in Destiny Love?).

Anyways, I really had an enjoyable read. A little frustrating at points (but I guess that's your aim :P), but a really good read nonetheless. Essy has so far lived up to her name.  :twothumbs

I'll definitely give Destiny Love a shot now.

Thanks for sharing this story with us.  :love:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:46:53 AM by Beecubed »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2010, 05:45:31 AM »
I FINALLY FINISHED READING THIS!!!!! XD XD XD
As you already know but still...I felt that I ought to at least comment. I REALLY enjoyed it, even though my Mame-chan suffered. :nervous I like the chemistry that seems to exist between Ai-chan and Reina. But my super favorite part was the physical fight between Reina and Gaki. XD As soon as Gaki slapped her, I was like Damn...this CANNOT end well. :P And then the punch and I was literally laughing at my computer screen. I, personally, believe that Reina did deserve that. She was being a bitch and Gaki couldn't take it anymore. Call me a horrible Gaki fan, but I think it was good that she and Ai-chan broke up...even though TakaGaki is definitely my top pairing. They didn't have what it takes in this fic (well, duh...it's a ReinAi fic) and it's better that they gave it up before something more serious happened.
ReinAi bathtub sex was fucking hot. :twisted: *has a thing for bathroom sex, though it used to be chiefly TakaGaki bathroom sex*
Anyway, thank you for the great read, Essy~ *hugs* You're so awesome~

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Minami Takahashi - YUMEURUSHOUJOJAIRARENAI