JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Tabidachi no Asa

Author Topic: Programmer Central  (Read 29035 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Programmer Central
« on: December 09, 2009, 12:16:47 PM »
A programming language is an artificial language designed to express computations that can be performed by a machine, particularly a computer. Programming languages can be used to create programs that control the behavior of a machine, to express algorithms precisely, or as a mode of human communication.

Java:
  • Quote from: Wikipedia
    Java is a programming language originally developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems and released in 1995 as a core component of Sun Microsystems' Java platform. The language derives much of its syntax from C and C++ but has a simpler object model and fewer low-level facilities. Java applications are typically compiled to bytecode (class file) that can run on any Java Virtual Machine (JVM) regardless of computer architecture.
- Java Resources:

---

General Resources:
Programming Language (Wikipedia)
- Programming Language Comparison (Wikipedia)
- Timeline of programming languages (Wikipedia)
TIOBE Language Usage Ranking

--

I know a couple of my fellow H!Psters also program, either for fun, school, or work. I took a year of VB6, then three years of Java, in high school. I work up little programs here and there (usually never bothering to finish). Most recently, I worked up and IRC bot, that hangs out in #jph!p/#jph!p-trivia frequently. I've tried teaching myself C++ in the past year, but without proper motivation I'm finding it hard to switch from Java now (and I've completely forgotten any of the VB).

basic starter thread, will expand this post in the future fufufu~

ITT: Discussion about languages, concepts, and for ideas/projects/screencaps/releases - GO
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 02:42:21 PM by Amplifier »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Programmer Central
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »
So, most recently I started working on an audio transcoder/tagger. Everything is in Java, save for the calls to various encoder/decoders. I'm shamelessly yanking ideas from foobar2000 for GUI ideas. Anyway, it supports 8 audio formats currently (APE, FLAC, VORBIS, MP3, TAK, TTA, WAVPACK, WAV, and OptimFROG). It has a fair number of options available for each encoder, and allows for manual adjustment of the options. There's a tagger/information displayer built in. Working on adding mass-tagging now. I added a fancy pants L&F this morning. Still have some bugs in the existing GUI, but nothing program-breaking. Hoping to smooth those out, add in some more features for each audio encoder, and expand the tagging capabilities.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »
^ nice project  :thumbsup

Delphi (pascal) programmer here since 5 years.
Will probably/want to migrate to Business Object.
Addicted to php too (ok ok it's a language script)
totally forgot what I've learnt about VB, Java ( I've reinstalled NetBeans tho \o/ ) and C ...
tried Android but I hate Eclipse ...

let's share a little software I've made 4 years ago : RainbowPost | 1.17MB | .exe | Delphi
XD

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
GEEKS!  8)

I am a seventh degree pink belt in C/C++/Java and all that SQL shit.

Was a coder working on some accounting software (C++) and it was the most boring shit ever. I recommend it to my worst enemies.

Lately mostly been coding web shit on PHP. Bunch of the forum features here (some of which actually work) are stuff I've pulled out of my ass and glued into place.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »
Currently working on a multiple choize quiz using PHP/MySQL. You may think it doesn't sound so technically demanding, but the system needs to automatically generate questions on the fly. So if a question template is used e.g. Which film stars ____? Then the system goes to the database and retrieves an actor name and then a series of random answers, obviously obtaining the correct one.

Right now the initial prototype works just like any other PHP quiz you find online, but I'm obviously looking to build upon it.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 02:03:35 PM »
let's share a little software I've made 4 years ago : RainbowPost | 1.17MB | .exe | Delphi
XD
good stuff, shibuya!

--

On another note, think it's time to get some feedback/abuse on my project:
Ampcoder beta 1
Contains a folder zipped, with some more folders and a million files. Size is large because of the encoders/decoders. Double click the Ampcoder.jar, and the program should start. If not, there's either a bug, or you need to update to the latest version of Java.
- First, you can select which encoder to use. You can hand tweak the options in the text field right below that. Make sure there is something there before you try to encode, or it won't work (you'll see). It's pretty straightforward I'd like to think. If you right-click on a file in your input/output column, you can then change the tags (if the file is supported -- also, you have to left-click on it first (haven't fixed that yet)).
- I've since added user options for changing the Java L&L (skin), setting a default encode-to path, fixed some problems with encoding options. Musepack support is now added. I'm working on adding AAC, too. Unfortunately, the library I'm using to tag files is limited in its support, so I'm trying to find more resources now. I also added a menu option that links users to the HydrogenAudio wiki, with information for the support codecs. The source is included, but a fucking mess. I haven't bothered to clean up shit no longer in use, or smooth out overly complicated shit yet.
Anyway, please test it, break it, report back! :sweatdrop:
lol, first time ever posting a project of mine anywhere

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »
Gone over this in IRC, but might as well pad my postcount.

Progress bar doesn't work
Tagging is unintuitive initially (possibly a button would help?)
DIR tree for batch encoding
ABR switch for LAME
Warning for encoding lossy > lossless; lossy > lossy
Clean up the jars!
Better tooltips/Buttons (fucking X deleted all my Q'ed jobs!)

Summing it up: 7/10; will use again.

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 03:27:58 AM »

Was a coder working on some accounting software (C++) and it was the most boring shit ever. I recommend it to my worst enemies.

Were you working for intuit? (you don't have to tell us if you are not allowed to, NDA's and all that.  :P). If so, what tactics did you use to preserve your sanity? I'd buy shares of AAPL (Apple inc) just so I can try voting Bill Campbell off their board of directors.  :thumbdown:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »
No I wasn't. And quitting the job helped with the sanity problem.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »
On another note, think it's time to get some feedback/abuse on my project:
Ampcoder beta 1
Contains a folder zipped, with some more folders and a million files. Size is large because of the encoders/decoders. Double click the Ampcoder.jar, and the program should start. If not, there's either a bug, or you need to update to the latest version of Java.
- First, you can select which encoder to use. You can hand tweak the options in the text field right below that. Make sure there is something there before you try to encode, or it won't work (you'll see). It's pretty straightforward I'd like to think. If you right-click on a file in your input/output column, you can then change the tags (if the file is supported -- also, you have to left-click on it first (haven't fixed that yet)).
- I've since added user options for changing the Java L&L (skin), setting a default encode-to path, fixed some problems with encoding options. Musepack support is now added. I'm working on adding AAC, too. Unfortunately, the library I'm using to tag files is limited in its support, so I'm trying to find more resources now. I also added a menu option that links users to the HydrogenAudio wiki, with information for the support codecs. The source is included, but a fucking mess. I haven't bothered to clean up shit no longer in use, or smooth out overly complicated shit yet.
Anyway, please test it, break it, report back! :sweatdrop:
lol, first time ever posting a project of mine anywhere

nice job,
a file drop would have been cool ^^
what maliciel said (I would add "correctly" to the 1st point lol)
and something I hate in java ; how the window are resized  x_x

but I use dBpoweramp because of the contextual menu integration :/ (got the same results tho).

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 12:06:49 AM »
I'm a 1st year student of a Master degree in computer science, and i just finished working on a school project which is a multi-player tank action game implemented in Java and using RMI protocol.

Didn't really had the time to complete the design, but the objective was to make it work on our school computer network so i guess it's ok :p

TankAttack contains the .jar of the server and the client, and a policy file

to launch the server :

on a terminal or cmd
java -jar -Djava.security.policy=java.policy -Djava.security.manager ServerTankAttack.jar

to launch the client just doucle click on it
enter the host name of the server (if you launch both server and client on the same computer just click connect it should work, or try localhost)

then you can create a game, and join it (select default if you want the same settings from the pic)
alone should work too, you can kill yourself haha but you could also launch another client and test the game...

How to play :

- left/right/up/down arrows to move
- space to fire
- close the window to disconnect

- the game can only be created one time, if you want other settings just close the server and launch another one
- when everybody is disconnected the game battlefield is reset, so there are other random obstacles and land mines
- some obstacles can be destroyed by the bullets, those ones also block the tank, the others where supposed to be some nice decorations. when one obstacle is destroyed, some random ones appears on the battlefield.
- when a player join a game, it appears on one of the corner, which is its headquarter. that's why only 4 players can join the game.
- when you lose or win, close the window and launch a new one if you want to join the game again (if you are the winner then the battlefield should be reset after)

Rules :
- the last player on the battlefield is the winner, if at least one player has been declared loser before he disconnects
- one player have 3 lives (which means 3 tanks), one tank has 5 health points and 20 bullets. a tank can protect itself by going in his headquarter. this one has 200 health points
- a bullet does 1 point of damage
- a land mine does 2 points of damage

i guess i didn't forget anything...mmm...well have fun !

Offline orac

• SNSD Jessica for life
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »
^
Nice, I saw a tank game before in java, but, it was all automated after the tank was programmed, believe its called robocode (http://robocode.sourceforge.net/).

Sad to say, the only programming language I'm any good at atm is Assembler, but, need to work on learning C at some point.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 04:11:54 AM by orac »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 09:44:46 PM »
^ Looks kinda cool ChrNo, I'll check it out then :yep:

Progress bar doesn't work
Tagging is unintuitive initially (possibly a button would help?)
DIR tree for batch encoding
ABR switch for LAME
Warning for encoding lossy > lossless; lossy > lossy
Clean up the jars!
Better tooltips/Buttons (fucking X deleted all my Q'ed jobs!)
a file drop would have been cool ^^
- Didnt fix the progress bar yet, that's near the bottom of my list (sorry :doh:)
- Not only did I make tagging easier, but it supports almost every audio type you can throw at it, custom tags, mass-tagging, etc!
- No dir tree yet
- ABR switch added
- Warning when encoding from lossy > anything, with a further option to turn those warnings off
- Messy, sorry mate
- Added a button that will only remove files that are transcoded successfully.
- Drag and drop sounds like a great idea, I'm going to add that soon

Ampcoder beta 2
Again, 'Ampcoder.jar" will start you off. You now double click on a file to edit the tags. If you highlight files in a given column, then click masstagger through the menu bar at top, you can.. masstag those files. Support in masstagger is current: remove all tags, auto track number, and set value (and field, to any value). Display of tags is more robust, supporting more than just the standard tags. When viewing the tags for a single file, you can right-click, to add a single custom tag to that file. Enjoy! :thumbup

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 02:25:38 PM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »
Ampcoder beta 4!!

So:
- Progress bar is now working properly (I think :sweatdrop:)
- Added support for LA format
- Added some keyboard action to the masstagger 'Set Field': Up/Down to change the field without having to deselect the value-textfield. Also, pressing Enter will add+close that window now, and added a Add&Close button.
- Believe I fixed all encoder/decoder issues
- Added more links in the menubar

LEMME KNOW :jerk:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:47:20 PM by Amplifier »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »
^
just saw your post sorry xD will test it asap

----------

:panic:
If Oracle buys MySQL as part of Sun, database customers will pay the bill.

In April 2009, Oracle announced that it had agreed to acquire Sun. Since Sun had acquired MySQL the previous year, this would mean that Oracle, the market leader for closed source databases, would get to own MySQL, the most popular open source database.
:panic: http://www.helpmysql.org/en/theissue/customerspaythebill  :panic:

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 11:35:16 AM »
@Amp.

nice evol. ^^

BUT!

got a trouble with unicode :lol:
then a "lame.exe stopped blablabla" windows error msg popped up but, once validated, the encode continues (flac to mp3)

the progress bar is ok except the decimal part (see pic) xD a trunc/round/2 dec. format would be nice
And since 2 of my tracks has not been encoded, the progress bar stopped at 81%, maybe a "100% with errors" would be better ?

will play with tags later :3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 03:10:49 AM »
@Amp.

nice evol. ^^

BUT!

got a trouble with unicode :lol:
then a "lame.exe stopped blablabla" windows error msg popped up but, once validated, the encode continues (flac to mp3)

the progress bar is ok except the decimal part (see pic) xD a trunc/round/2 dec. format would be nice
And since 2 of my tracks has not been encoded, the progress bar stopped at 81%, maybe a "100% with errors" would be better ?

will play with tags later :3

Been a few long weeks since I worked on it last. I think I had fixed the decimal thing at the very least. Could you tell me the file names for the songs that had troubles converting?

Also, I see "F:\\" - did you put in the extra \, or did my program? And did it cause any problems?

Have to get my business set back up, since upgrading from XP to 7.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »
^

- the extra slash comes when I validate the search dir window... oh wait I think I got it; it only happens when I select a root drive !
- the filename was in japanese but I can give you this one : "01.中國話" (the one in the pic; same prob while encoding)

and welcome to 7 ^.^

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 02:52:26 AM »
I actually coded a simple frame -> time app, for making chapters manually. It's pretty simple, and I got Amp to make a GUI for it. But since most of the final thing is his code, I figure he'll have to post it instead of me.

:lol:

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Tabidachi no Asa