JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Tsumi to Batsu

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 303213 times)

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1660 on: May 23, 2013, 01:09:16 AM »
I read today that Amazon is going to try to monetize fan fiction by allowing fan fiction authors to publish on Amazon and to split the proceeds with the "universe creators".

I wonder if they consider H!P a "universe creator"?

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #1661 on: September 08, 2013, 08:30:25 PM »
Oh my gawd, we just entered a medieval/feudal age of fanfics  :lol:

thanks to rndmn who posted what I think is the third or fourth consecutive one? XD

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #1662 on: September 08, 2013, 08:34:23 PM »
lol

Well doesn't like to go medieval on someone's ass once in a while: :P

It's one of my favorite time zones~

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #1663 on: September 09, 2013, 01:32:39 AM »
Actually, mine is totally set in modern times. XD Just with magic.

Edit: I also posted that Riho/Sayu just because of you Yuu-chan
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:34:41 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1664 on: September 09, 2013, 06:56:46 AM »
Fantasy era it is xD

FANTAJIIIII GA HAJIMARU

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #1665 on: September 16, 2013, 03:42:57 AM »
Because all of the cool kids are doing it, I'm now thinking of ALL OF THE PACIFIC RIM FUSION AUs.  :panic: :lol:

It's not as simple as throwing pairings into the Jaeger, because it's not just about their romantic chemistry, it's about their ability to work together as partners to kick ass.

That's why as much as good as Kameshige are together, I think Tanashige has the edge as co-pilots. Of course, we could go the Chinese-triplets route and just have a Rookies tri-prilot Jaeger, WHICH WOULD BE AMAZING. Rokkies OT3 forever.

Of course, lots of the classic pairings are popular because they work well together, like Takagaki and Ishiyoshi.

However, it does put into question how Mikitty-based pairs would work out. Oddly enough, Takahashi's so good at adaptation in general that the Mikitty-Aichan pair would work, but otherwise, I can't see Yomiki or even GAM being that effective as co-pilots. GotoAya would be an ace pair, though.

As for the new gens, it seems like there could be an emerging fight for Riho.  :lol: I'd give the edge to RihoAyumi first and then RihoZukki, but RihoOda might emerge as a viable pair, a la Mikitty-Aichan, depending on how their vocals-duo dynamic develops. Even MaaRiho might be hilarious in the Conn Pod.  :P Ponpon is an obvious one, considering that pairing-wise, they're kind of the latest "perfect complement partners" pairing a la Ishiyoshi and Takagaki.

Man, I don't know enough about 10th gen.  :sweatdrop:

Oddly enough, I can't visualize clear Kids pairs. They're all just so amiable with each other, and I don't get any particular team-up sparks. Rather, like with 7th/8th gen, it would be interesting to explore non-optimal Drifts, where they're compatible but not necessarily affectionate. They can work together, but it's not out of kismet of any sort. Pairs under this would include MiyabiMomoko, ChisatoAiri, and JunLin. As amusing as ChisatoMomo and JunKoharu are, they don't quite sync, and part of the fun comes from how they don't sync, and that disqualifies them as Drift partners.
More passive pairs would be the obvious ones like MaimiAiri, MaimiCaptain, ChinamiYurina, and MiyabiAiri.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:52:39 AM by Rayle »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1666 on: September 16, 2013, 03:59:32 PM »
^A MILLION THANK YOUS FOR THIS POST. I can only put one so yeah. You win dino chocolate chip cookies for bringing up Pacific Rim x H!P. XD

I've been thinking about it myself too (I loved the film). I honestly think TanaShige has an edge over KameShige for Drift compatibility...because in the case of KameShige Sayu will be doing most of the work and Eri's just...there. There's more dynamism between TanaShige for Drifting, if only because both of them can hold up their respective ends and work together. Not so much a fan of OT3 pairing-wise but ROKKIES FOREVER. :P

TakaGaki and IshiYoshi are pretty much a given as you mentioned. Mikitty might actually be badass enough to pilot a Jaeger on her own :lol: But yeah, if I really had to pick, Aichan's probably the most adaptable co-pilot to work with the great Miki-sama. XD

I actually think Sakura is the most adaptable of the new gen aka she can probably copilot with anyone -- she's basically like Aichan :lol: SayaIshi makes sense because of their dance compatibility, but on deeper thought...they can work together but their styles are entirely different. I put more stock in SayaSuzu if only because Riho trusts Zukki implicitly. After the horror that was Daisuki Dakara Zettai ni Yurusanai I shudder to pair Sakura with Riho :lol: Harmony, it is not. >_> PonPon are pretty much a given, since they're pretty in sync and all that. I'm surprised you didn't mention MaaDuu :P Actually, Maachan x anyone for Drift might be...traumatic for the other person :lol: And I vote Harunan x Dawa for quirky compatibility. Them and their astronomy and art interests that no one else understands. XD

Actually I'm going to throw out an interesting Drift pair: Reina and Riho. There's this mother/daughter or perhaps sisterly sort of compatibility there. Mentor and apprentice (Riho is basically a mini Reina with less yankii...and probably a bit smarter too). A pairing that might work: Sayu and Fukuchan. XD Maybe not the most optimal, but seeing how they get thrown together for so many songs and Fukuchan actually makes Sayu sound really good...I think this has potential. I also throw the Duu and Eripon duo into the ring! Ikemen duo, breaking hearts together since 2013. :lol: Sakura should get thrown together with Maachan for lulz, both of them are really weird and this might actually work in their favour? :lol: Zukki doesn't have many Drift compatible people unless you count outside of MM, and I would suggest Kananan from S/mileage (they get along) as an option. Harunan would work well with Ayumi, but her best option really is Dawa.

I can't really comment on Berikyu or J=J and the rest of S/mileage. But it's an interesting idea and I would like to try it...except I already have too many unfinished fic. :lol: Someone ought to do it though!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #1667 on: September 17, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »
^A MILLION THANK YOUS FOR THIS POST. I can only put one so yeah. You win dino chocolate chip cookies for bringing up Pacific Rim x H!P. XD

I have more fun reading Pacific Rim fusion AUs than actual Pacific Rim fic, so this was a natural progression.  :lol:

I honestly think TanaShige has an edge over KameShige for Drift compatibility...because in the case of KameShige Sayu will be doing most of the work and Eri's just...there. There's more dynamism between TanaShige for Drifting, if only because both of them can hold up their respective ends and work together.

Yeah, it seems like Gakikame comes out a little bit more equal on that front, because Kameshige is either Sayu reacting to Kame being weird or Kame pulling Sayu into her weirdness. Eri starts stepping up her game when it's Rokkies trio, though, and you do have to consider that combat situations would likely be more akin to performance situations, although their natural chemistry would reflect their mental meld capabilities. So on that front, AiEri?  XD Actually, GakiSayu would be a pretty damn good pair, albeit not quite as optimal as Tanashige, who were on the same wavelength even back in that legendary Alo Hello.

I actually think Sakura is the most adaptable of the new gen aka she can probably copilot with anyone -- she's basically like Aichan :lol: SayaIshi makes sense because of their dance compatibility, but on deeper thought...they can work together but their styles are entirely different. I put more stock in SayaSuzu if only because Riho trusts Zukki implicitly. After the horror that was Daisuki Dakara Zettai ni Yurusanai I shudder to pair Sakura with Riho :lol: Harmony, it is not. >_> PonPon are pretty much a given, since they're pretty in sync and all that. I'm surprised you didn't mention MaaDuu :P Actually, Maachan x anyone for Drift might be...traumatic for the other person :lol: And I vote Harunan x Dawa for quirky compatibility. Them and their astronomy and art interests that no one else understands. XD

Lol, I didn't mention the stalker pairs a la GakiPon and SakuPon, but SakuPon might work out with how accomodating Sakura is, and how adaptable Eripon is on her end when needed.
The power dynamics would definitely be different in RihoZukki vs. SayaSuzu -- Riho obviously took the lead in choreographing during the Nakai Variety appearance, and Ayumi followed that lead, whereas Zukki would have ideas that Riho would follow due to the trust you mentioned. So I think in terms of combat, SayaSuzu would be the more conventional but consistent team, where SayaSuzu is a surprise ace team.
Let us never speak of the updated I Wish's tragic end.  XD Then again, how long did it take for Miyabi and Risako to really iron out their vocal teaming? That's why Berryz have always used Momoko to smooth things out. SakuRiho will pretty much be all Sakura adapting again, probably as a team that prefers sudden penetrating strikes.  :P
See, I don't know MaaDuu well enough. I know they're good friends, but my current impression is just a Kameshige-like boke-tsukkomi route. Not sure if there's enough mutual cooperation. After all, I think GotoAya would be a better Drift pair than GAM.

Actually I'm going to throw out an interesting Drift pair: Reina and Riho. There's this mother/daughter or perhaps sisterly sort of compatibility there. Mentor and apprentice (Riho is basically a mini Reina with less yankii...and probably a bit smarter too). A pairing that might work: Sayu and Fukuchan. XD Maybe not the most optimal, but seeing how they get thrown together for so many songs and Fukuchan actually makes Sayu sound really good...I think this has potential. I also throw the Duu and Eripon duo into the ring! Ikemen duo, breaking hearts together since 2013. :lol: Sakura should get thrown together with Maachan for lulz, both of them are really weird and this might actually work in their favour? :lol: Zukki doesn't have many Drift compatible people unless you count outside of MM, and I would suggest Kananan from S/mileage (they get along) as an option. Harunan would work well with Ayumi, but her best option really is Dawa.

Hrm, mentor pairs...AichanYossie might be even more badass than AichanMikitty. Mmmm, any combination of V-u-den. Sayu never reached her full potential until long after Ecomoni was an option, but I don't know how their chemistry would be now. But yeah, I can definitely see ReinaRiho and Team Pink being great. For an AU crack mentor pairing, I think GakiZukki could have gone somewhere, like as a counterpart/successor to TakaLin. Huh, in actual combat, I think Sayu would be the right combination of galvanizing and accomodating to make AiSayu and RihoSayu effective.

Heh, Nakazawa standing in for Idris Elba. ANGRY BUT CARING MOTHER HEN MARSHAL, FUCK YEAH. With Iida as either her assistant or the lead scientist.

Offline YUGFS89

« Reply #1668 on: December 13, 2014, 02:46:52 AM »
Recently i have not read anything, because i am tired and busy, have no interest in everything,very sorry to say it. :(

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1669 on: January 17, 2015, 06:11:24 AM »
Soooo...

Who is still up and about reading/writing fanfics? It's slightly bizarre for me, who's been here for 8 years and counting, to see so many people come and go throughout the years. I've curiously looked into H!O's fanfic section and they're getting pretty close to no activity.

I just want to say I'm glad to see some of you stick through to the now ;n; Let's keep that jphip fanfic heart pumping, yo!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #1670 on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:08 PM »
I still read!!! :cow: writing on the other hand... :nervous I want to but the motivation (and the fact I haven't written in a little over a yr) is what's stopping me....one day ill probably get back on rack but until then im cheering everyone on~!
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1671 on: January 17, 2015, 05:21:27 PM »
I still read a few that do get updated and what not as for writing them...

I only write the ones that would be in the other area  :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1672 on: March 15, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
I'm alive but on hiatus? I read mostly in Japanese now, as it is... :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #1673 on: March 16, 2015, 08:53:39 PM »
I read it, but no longer in this fandom and I write occasionally, but not in this fandom either. I'm still around! o.o

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #1674 on: March 20, 2015, 11:03:53 PM »
Rarely do I ever write H!P fics anymore, but I read from time to time.

Offline Koei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1675 on: March 29, 2015, 05:21:14 AM »
I READ
OMG DO I READ.
I LOVE EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE

This place is my home, whenever I want to relax I come here.

Being a part of every single girl's experience as they fall in and out of love. As they get into and come out of situations that most would never experience (yes I'm talking about those you guys so famously murder in the fics  :heart: )

I can't imagine me without this adventure I took on. Without this place and without you guys shaping this experience.

So thank you for your words and those that have gone unsaid as well as those that might be said sooner rather than later!

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #1676 on: January 13, 2017, 07:39:18 AM »
Well, now that I have a stronger feel for Colorful and Angerme (sorry, J=J and Factories and CG), I think it's a good time to re-visit that Pacific Rim discussion.

Also, have we never done a Hogwartz Houses discussion?

Imma start with some obvious Slytherins:
Gocchin, Charmy, Ayaya
Interestingly, based on some of the translations of Riho's autobiography, she was initially that ambitious. But getting pushed as ace in MM changed her whole outlook, and I can definitely put her in Slytherin for the long run. Chisato is similar, in that she became ambitious, but was not initially.
Kudou Haruka, Ikuta Erina
All three Buono, lol
Murotan, Maro

I'm actually quite torn on Ishida. She's clearly gunning for that front spot. But she's also very much a team player, with nurturing/domestic instincts.
Surprisingly, I don't read Fukumura as Slytherin. Gryffindor, maybe? (I also don't read Nacchi as Slytherin) Nakazawa is definitely Gryffindor.
Maachan is Ravenclaw. Takechan thought she would be Slytherin, but is Gryffindor. Rinapuu is Hufflepuff. Dawa is Ravenclaw. Maimi and Nakasaki are Hufflepuff.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #1677 on: August 31, 2018, 11:15:45 PM »
Hello! *echoes*hello,hello,hello,helllooo...project lol

Wow, this section is dead. It's very strange coming back here all these years. I've actually been lurking around various forums throughout the year. With the exception of my report on Kikkawa Yuu's appearance in my city of ATL back in '12, I've not really posted anything since then. I guess the 20th anniversary brought me back out of my cave. If they can bring Fukuda Asuka and Ichii Sayaka back, heck I can come back. lol I might make a comeback soon (lol, I sound like I'm important, psh  :roll:), I really do miss everyone (those that are still here from 10+ yrs ago) I'll think of it as a 10 year school reunion for it really has been that long.

Well anyway, I'm here in this particular thread because I've recently started writing again. I guess it's thanks to listening to audiobooks in the past year because I haven't read fiction in a long time. But mainly because there's a fic in here that I started 10 years ago and never finished and I've been haunted by it all these years. Like forreal, everytime I thought about it, it was like the tell-tale heart making me feel guilty. LoL I hate leaving things unfinished. I got stuck on it because the last chapter I wrote contained filler and I hate writing filler. But I came back to it after 10 years with fresh eyes and new inspiration and I'm ready to tackle on it again. I've read or heard that some real books can take 10+ yrs to write so I didn't feel bad, so it got time to marinate all these years. However, the one thing I am going to change is that I will not post it until I'm absolutely finished with it, that was one of the mistakes I did back then, writing as it came to me. At the time I knew what my story was about but I didn't know how it was going to get there, and now I've mostly figured out how to get there.

That being said this will probably be the LAST fanfic I'll ever write. It's also gonna be the longest, most thorough, obsessive, soul consuming fic I've written. LoL Like, I'm writing it as if it's gonna be published into a book (I'm not, but that's how dedicated I am to it) Plus, I think it's a really good story that needed to be told. But I plan to continue writing stories just not of real people anymore, but definitely inspired by them. I plan to finish this fic by the end of the year hopefully, and be rid of it. I want my sanity back.  :panic: LoL But I also want you guys that are still here to keep me accountable and help me stay motivated so I can get this done.

BTW, it's my "April no Aho" (or "The April Fools") fic. I would link it but I don't want you to read back on it, the majority of it is gonna get a total makeover. 

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1678 on: September 13, 2018, 01:38:14 AM »
Oh goodness, you were one of the first or second gen authors!

20th Anniversary seems to be the magical reunion number eh? Haha

I def remember reading your stuff! I look forward to seeing this... 10+ year growth! Goodness time flies lolll

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #1679 on: September 14, 2018, 05:21:19 PM »
OMG, I saw the 20th Anniversary reunion and I suddenly had the urge to read old fanfiction, and looking around I found this threat, so hi everyone!!

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Tsumi to Batsu