JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Not a Period

Author Topic: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)  (Read 30835 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 08:05:28 AM »
SHIT!!! More Megan Fox :jerk:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »
Wait A Minute - Michael Bay Says Not So Fast Paramount!

Woops. Someone at Paramount heard wrong. Yesterday we ran the news that Transformers 3 had been scheduled for a July 1st, 2011 release date, alongside a number of other exciting movies. But apparently Paramount jumped the gun. Michael Bay posted the following on his own official forums: "I said I was taking off a year from Transformers. Paramount made a mistake in dating Transformers 3 - they asked me on the phone - I said yes to July 4 - but for 2012 - whoops! Not 2011!!! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots." Will it be rescheduled?

I'm a bit amazed that such a huge mistake was made and that Paramount even announced the wrong date. Well, it falls in line with the exact pattern that Bay followed for the first two, so it could make sense that they'd push for the same two year schedule for the third sequel. Additionally, this is the first time Bay has ever followed through with a complete trilogy. He's only ever actually made one sequel - Bad Boys II - but this will be the first time he continues on. It's obvious that this is a passion project for him and that he was indeed born to direct Transformers. He just needs a break, too! So will they push it back to 2012?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/03/17/wait-a-minute-michael-bay-says-not-so-fast-paramount/

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 09:05:20 PM »
SHIT!!! More Megan Fox :jerk:

IMPORTANT NEWS

Ok so if in the first one they looked after a pair of glasses then in this one must be something more important like a key chain or a mug XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2009, 11:07:20 PM »
Full List of Robots Revealed for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/02/full-list-of-giant-robots-revealed-for-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/

First look: Robo-brawlers big, small in new 'Transformers'

t's always the quiet ones you need to fear.

Ninjas. Serial killers. Boba Fett. Gastrointestinal functions.

In Transformers lore, the mechanical jaguar Ravage has been a villain favorite since the 1980s for his stealthy tactics and deadly force. Ever since a four-legged mechanical beast prowled through the trailer for summer's sequel, Revenge of The Fallen, fans have been awaiting more word about the feline-ish Decepticon. As more robots in the June 24 movie are revealed, Ravage comes into focus.

"In the spirit of 'more than meets the eye,' Ravage isn't just lethal because of his sharp teeth," says screenwriter Alex Kurtzman. "There's actually another skill set Ravage has that didn't exist before, so there's going to be a surprise for fans."

This version of the cat already looks far different from the original, with a single glowing red eye and a swinging, mace-like tail, but his role will be similar to the 1980s cartoon and Hasbro toy — the ultimate spy.

Ravage often was dispatched to monitor the heroic Autobots and their human allies, reporting back to the Decepticons by transforming into a cassette tape and replaying his recordings through the larger robot master Soundwave, who switched into a Walkman-sized tape deck. (How a giant robot became a small piece of sound equipment was a comical hole in logic never fully explained.)

The cassette tape transformation is gone, of course; Ravage doesn't turn into anything. But Soundwave will appear, again serving as an evil communications expert but this time in the form of an orbiting space satellite.

"They are still connected," fellow screenwriter Roberto Orci says of Soundwave and his pet. "But rather than trying to hold onto a notion as antiquated as an audiotape, which some members of our audience have maybe never laid eyes on, we wanted to go a new way."

And Ravage, as before, won't speak like the other Transformers.

"We wanted to stay true to the idea that Decepticons who take visual clues from beasts maintain that," says Orci. "It would be strange to have a talking jaguar, or a scorpion with an English accent."

Filmmaker Michael Bay has ensured that Ravage has lots of company, including many redesigned favorite robots from the original 1980s incarnation, in the new film.

"We have big guys, some little guys. We have a lot of littler ones, too. Little weirder ones," Bay says. Like the Insecticons, which were giant bugs in the original series and Hasbro toy line, but are now tiny creepy-crawly infiltrators.

Bay, who collects the Vanguard Award Thursday night at ShoWest, offers a peek at others joining Optimus Prime and Bumblebee for another rock-'em, sock-'em robo-brawl.

AUTOBOTS (the good guys)

Jetfire:

As in the original, this fighter plane crash-landed on Earth a long time ago, and he will become a reformed Decepticon now fighting for the humans. His alternate form is the SR-71 Blackbird, the outdated but still-sleek Cold War spy plane.

"He's old, craggy, forgetful ... doesn't work very well. Can't transform very well, because he's very geriatric. They get stuck with him a lot," Bay says. "He knows the plan of the bad guys, but he forgets all the good parts of the plan."

New recruits:

Sideswipe, a candy-apple red Lamborghini in the original, joins the cast this time as General Motor's silver Corvette Stingray concept car. Jolt is a new foot soldier, played in four-wheel form by the Volt, a forthcoming Chevy hybrid plug-in. Two of GM's other concept cars (the Trax and Beat) play The Twins, nicknamed Skids and Mudflap.

"Some of the junior Transformers are just dumb," Bay says with a laugh. "But it's great for kids because they're like the Little Engine That Could. They're (screw)-ups, but they get really heroic at the end."

For the gals:

Arcee is the only female and turns up as Megan Fox's hot-pink motorcycle. Co-screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci say she was in an early draft of the first movie. "But we felt we needed to win the audience over before asking for that suspension of disbelief: a feminine alien robot," Kurtzman says.

DECEPTICONS (the bad guys)

The title character:

The Fallen is an ancient robot, sort of the Transformers' version of Lucifer. He's one of the original robot aliens, and his defiance and arrogance led to his banishment into another dimension.

The screenwriters say that The Fallen holds the key to life on both Earth and Cybertron, the Transformers' home planet.

Other troublemakers:

A smaller, but no less malevolent Decepticon is known as The Doctor — a spider-like droid that transforms into various implements of torture and has a not-so-nice encounter with star Shia LaBeouf.

Then there's a giant one called Demolishor, and another tinier one with the sportier name of Wheelie.

Constructicons:

These seven robots — Scavenger, Scrapper, Hightower, Longhaul, Rampage, Overload and Mixmaster — transform into construction machinery, but also link up with one another to form one gigantic robot stomper named Devastator.

"He's made of vehicles designed to build, and he turns into is someone who loves to destroy," Orci says. "He is an agent of absolute chaos."

Bay says Devastator is the crème de la smash and got a uncharacteristic reaction out of the film's executive producer already.

"Spielberg saw it and said, 'This is (expletive) awesome!' " Bay says, and adds: "It's always nice when you can make him swear."
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-04-01-transformers-first-look_N.htm

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »
Cool new footage, wordy.

That has to be Devastator that I saw in it, cause it was most definitely huge.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2009, 09:23:30 PM »
Damn, emo Bumblebee. XD

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 02:47:25 AM »
I saw a cam of the 3rd trailer, a full trailer at that.
Man, really looking forward for this one, yo.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 09:51:58 PM »
Update on Hans Zimmer's Involvement with Transformers 2

This is not really news as much as it is an opportunity for me to provide on an update on a previous story from a few days ago. Back on Sunday, Linkin Park frontman Mike Shinoda announced that they were working on a new song for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen with composer Hans Zimmer. Not that we really thought that Zimmer was scoring Transformers, but it was interesting to hear him specifically mentioned instead of the actual composer - Steve Jablonsky. However, the guys over at Sci Fi Scoop got in touch with Jablonsky and got some clarification on the whole situation, for those who may be interested.

I think it's easiest to just let you hear what Jablonsky told them about work on the Transformers score.

"In a nutshell, Michael Bay sent the new Linkin Park song over to my studio. Hans and I had a listen, and we both thought it was really cool, and it might be interesting to try incorporating some of those elements into the score. So we got the guys from the band down to the studio and talked about how to do that. They're all really cool guys and really excited about adding some of their sounds to the score."

"But I am still the composer on this film. It has all gotten rather complicated. The film is BIG, and now that we've got Linkin Park involved, Hans has kind of been helping me keep the production on track, because I'm so focused on writing the score at the moment."

So there you have it. Yes, I know that Steve Jablonsky is part of Hans Zimmer's team Media Ventures, and they work together all the time. However, for those that may not be aware of this, it's rather interesting and exciting to hear that Zimmer is working with Jablonsky to come up with some of the elements of the score. I'm a huge fan of all of Zimmer's work and anytime he's involved on a project, I usually go out of my way to listen to that score, because I know it'll be great. And now we know to expect the same with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Don't forget to stick around for the new trailer, due out a bit later this afternoon!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/30/update-on-hans-zimmers-involvement-with-transformers-2/

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2009, 06:46:58 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2009, 07:22:26 AM »
^ EPIC! Michael Bay's the king of awesomeness! :theking

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 09:49:59 PM »
Devastator looks fuckin' SICK. This movie's going to rock all that can rock.

Also, for the G1 fans, some more kickass news. Soundwave will be voiced by none other than the legend himself, Frank Welker. Wicked.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2009, 08:14:21 AM »
Some new clips:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 04:07:46 PM »

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2009, 04:20:58 PM »
^ Optimus Prime and Bumblebee sexiness!

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2009, 09:47:53 PM »
I wonder if Devastator only appears once in the movie.
From the trailer, he's in the desert, which I figure is Egypt since the pyramids are in the movie.
I was hoping Devastator would be in a city, causing all sorts of damage and chaos.
Gotta wonder if Devastator is for the final battle in the movie only.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2009, 08:59:06 PM »
I wish I could watch this with someone and actually geek out with them. Going with the family would just be amusing XD

Offline WingZero84

• Member+
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »
 I love robot but I think design of japanese robot is better than american robot.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2009, 02:00:13 PM »
Well Transformers were Japanese designed toys originally, but I guess the new movie ones aren't, haha.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2009, 07:12:12 PM »
It took me a while to get used to the designs in the movie(s), but I love them now. The thing to remember about Transformers is aside from being robots, they are supposed to be alien robots. I think it works. :)

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Not a Period