JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Seamo feat. BoA - Hey Boy, Hey Girl

Author Topic: Taking Chances-Epilogue-updated 12/26, Alternate Ending - 12/29  (Read 66009 times)

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Re: Taking Chances-Chapter 37-updated 12/13
« Reply #320 on: December 14, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »
Oooh, who will you kill of?? *excited* :P I already told you about my reasons for liking Sayu so I won't spam your thread here.

C36

I definitely didn't expect to see a SayuJun. I wonder if it would last. And Miki dishing advice? Woah... :D

C37

GAH! I knew Risa was waiting for Reina to confess. Pity she didn't. Sigh, why can't Reina see that Gaki likes her too? Poor Kame. She's gonna be so hurt if Risa agrees to a relationship with her but ends up using her although it's unintentional :(  

EDIT: Atarashi page gets :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:55:42 AM by lil_hamz »

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Re: Taking Chances-Chapter 37-updated 12/13
« Reply #321 on: December 15, 2009, 04:02:02 PM »
@ Chloe: Having them all, is like a threesome  :grin: again, kinky!!!  :lol:

Awww don't be hating Reina just because she's not thinking for herself all the time  :( She's doing what she thinks is right that's all, not everyone will think the same way our kitty does.

Maybe Miki needs to knock some sense into someone but I doubt hitting them over the head with a chair will do the trick, that will probably give them a concussion, confusing their minds more as opposed to clearing it up  XD

@ kRisZ: Me sense you think Reina would crack.  How come? Why couldn't Risa be the one to crack? Risa could be the one to confess to Reina nee? But if neither confesses, they will forever be in this turmoil for god knows how long.

@ rndmnwierd: I made your heart ache? How so? Just so that you know, I think Reina is too late because Risa is thinking back to the past so things have probably changed or shall I say, people have been accepted.

Yes my first perv scene, so don't put much hope on it  :P

@ Mame-chan: You actually want me to kill someone off???  :? Yabai!!!! Maybe I should kill off Reina and make everyone happy  :lol:

C36 - I was looking at the making of SYO and saw them doing that "Jun Sayu" thing, then my mind went "ding" and voila, this pairing. Yes Miki can dish advice too, I believe she is still a senpai overall and has been in the industry for a moderately long time so she can definitely dish out advice.

C37 -  Everyone asks why Reina doesn't confess and that gets me thinking why nobody really mentions why Risa doesn't confess to Reina?  Why does it have to be Reina doing the confessing???  True to be said though is that Eri will be hurt if Risa enters the relationship not fully returning her feelings, however sometimes things like this happen.....

Chapter 38

Indeed my time with Kame had been great but it wasn’t the same.  Every time I see Reina with JunJun, I can’t deny that my heart cringed at the sight, the sight of them laughing away really happy, wishing and hoping that it was me making Reina smile so.  I would always stray away from Reina when she was with JunJun and Sayumin even though I know nothing is going on between Sayumin and Reina, I couldn’t help but feel jealous at how close Sayumin could get as for myself….here I stand from afar and always from afar looking in, never with.  I accepted Kame and we became an item in which cost me Kame’s tears to find out it was a mistake.  We had fun, no doubt about it when we did the Gakikame theatres but it just wasn’t the same feeling that I should be having.  We knew each other outside and in, but as best friends, I would never feel the green-eyed jealousy come out of me when Kame was close to other members, it was only when others were near Reina that this other feeling comes out.  When Reina brought in her childhood pictures for our Mikan PV, we all gushed at how cute she was but she wasn’t beaming to me, she was beaming at JunJun and commented on how cute JunJun was when she was a child.  It was like as if they were in their own little world as if nobody else was around.  Kame commented on my own childhood pictures but when I looked at Reina, she wasn’t paying attention to anything else, I felt dejected, felt like I lost something, maybe a piece of mind, maybe a piece of my heart but something pounded hard against my chest at how she was laughing away with JunJun.  I secretly took out my phone and snapped a picture of Reina as a child for my own memories, it was all I could do, Reina didn’t need me, she doesn’t even see me anymore but it was also at this instance how I think everything unleashed itself again, everything that Reina did seemed to catch my attention, I had to control my tears when she was hanging too closely to Sayumin and even JunJun.

I remember the time when I saw Reina and JunJun out grabbing something to eat, at exactly the same place where Kame and I were, that’s when the last of my hidden feelings came flowing all out and I couldn’t hide it or contain it anymore.

Flashback

Kame and I were enjoying our meal after a couple of months being together, I was happy and always laughing around Kame with her crazy antics.  We were just at the main course when I heard familiar laughing, in which I didn’t take notice at first thinking that it was my imagination.

“Hey Gaki-san isn’t that…isn’t that Reina?...with JunJun?  Oh my god!! What are they doing here?”

I turned at the mention of Reina’s name, hoping that it was a mistake considering that we were in my hometown at the time, but god likes to play funny games, when you least expect them to show up in front of you, there they were and indeed they were right there in front of our eyes laughing at whatever they were saying to each other. ‘Why!!!  Just when I have almost sealed everything, why do you have to show up in front of me?? Why when I have been trying with Kame do you have to reappear in front of me so happy with another?’

“Let’s go say hi to them” Eri was about to get up but I stopped her, I had to, I just couldn’t see them, more like I couldn’t see her

“No Kame, let’s not!  We don’t want to be bothering them”

“Pffft!!! We aren’t bothering them” as she got up before I could stop her a second time and walked over to Reina and JunJun.  She greeted them, and by the looks of their faces, they are as shocked as we were and then they turned to look at me.  I smiled at them and gave them a light wave, in which JunJun happily returned while Reina just gave me a light nod.

I watched as Kame said something to them and they looked at each other as if in a debate before they both stood up and walked over ‘Oh god!! Don’t tell me Kame invited them to eat with us that would totally not be the best idea for me right now.  I don’t know if I can hold any emotion while Reina is here’

“Gaki-san!  I have invited the two to eat with us” ‘*Mental slap on the forehead* you doofus turtle ’

“Hi Tanakacchi, JunJun, are you sure we are not bothering you guys?” as the two new arrivals seated themselves across from Kame and me.

“No, no we were just having a casual dinner”

“So what brings you guys in my hometown?”

“Tanaka-san said she would show me some areas of Japan and so here we are”

“Well JunJun, what you should know is that Gaki-san is the master tour of Yokohama”

“Tanaka-san has mentioned that to me before but Niigaki-san wasn’t there when I wanted to ask so I asked Tanaka-san instead”

‘I’m sure you did, damn it! Risa!!! Don’t be hating!!! JunJun probably was looking for you but because you have been so focused on getting away from Reina, you probably crossed paths!!!  What is wrong with you??’ “Well how do you like it so far?” I asked with a light smile

“Its been fun” as she eyed Reina

“Well…we should get going now, there are other things that I want to show JunJun.  I will see you guys later” Reina stated when they both finished their meals, as they both stood up and paid their portions.

Looking at them leave, I couldn’t transfix my gaze away from Reina’s disappearing back.  I was heartbroken that she chose JunJun, heartbroken that I couldn’t be the one and I guess that is when my first signs to Kame were.

“Gaki-san!  Gaki-san!!”

“Huh?!”

“What are you staring at? And…and are you crying?” as she looked in the direction of where I once was daydreaming at and back at my face with tears about to descend down.

“Nothing Kame, let’s just finish dinner and go” I replied quickly as I wiped the tears with a napkin.

“Oh!”

End of Flashback

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
Re: Taking Chances-Chapter 38-updated 12/15
« Reply #322 on: December 15, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
 :depressed:

and so the drama begins  :(

Everyone asks why Reina doesn't confess and that gets me thinking why nobody really mentions why Risa doesn't confess to Reina?  Why does it have to be Reina doing the confessing??? 

Good question  :D  Hmm, maybe because Risa was giving away hints here and there, but the kitten was kinda dense?  :grin:

True to be said though is that Eri will be hurt if Risa enters the relationship not fully returning her feelings, however sometimes things like this happen.....

Won't do any good excluding the  :drool:  s*x   :twisted: 

Well there are times when a person like Risa here will accept things and move on and fall for Eri eventually  :cow:  or Risa will accept things and move on but there's no guarantee that she won't fall for someone else in the future and will sing 'it's sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along'  :D  or Risa will continue to live in her past  :(  and will continue  :drool: over Reina <-- just my thoughts  :D

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2009, 05:14:04 AM »
I accepted Kame and we became an item in which cost me Kame’s tears to find out it was a mistake.
Aaah! I knew it!

You know, now I'm agreeing with Hamz-sanz, you should kill someone off. I'm feeling a particular dislike for a certain panda about now. But it might be a better twist to have Risa kill Kame/Reina. One over grief with herself and the other over jealousy. Yeah, now I'm thinking about it hardcore.

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
  • WakaRei: So real it's unreal
« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2009, 08:50:08 PM »
God, someone borrows my internet for like less than two days and there's been many updates  :sweatdrop:

Awww don't be hating Reina just because she's not thinking for herself all the time :( She's doing what she thinks is right that's all, not everyone will think the same way our kitty does
I'm not, I actually get what she tried to do. If anything, I think I feel sorry for her.

Well, not that extreme but enough to get some sense into one's head, so any hope for the come back of Miki for that particular part? :mon innocent:

Everyone asks why Reina doesn't confess and that gets me thinking why nobody really mentions why Risa doesn't confess to Reina?  Why does it have to be Reina doing the confessing???
For me it's because the POV was on Reina in most of the chapters so even if I want to say why not Gaki the one who confess instead, I still didn't know the clarity of her feelings for Reina until the last few chapters. I mean it would be weird if I root for Gaki to confess to Reina if she turns out liking Kamei XD

That being said, Gaki go confess to the cat!! :mon yeah:

‘*Mental slap on the forehead* you doofus turtle ’
It's funny, although the situation is not :nervous

TakaSemaru  :heart:

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #325 on: December 17, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »
@ kRisZ: Even though Risa was giving hints here and there, why couldn't she step up and just confess already! It's because our kitty is so dense that Risa should just step up to the plate.

I don't think I will mention how far the Gakikame relationship will be, so no  :drool: s*x  :lol:

@ rndmnwierd: I can't believe you are agreeing with Mame-chan  :shocked however I will put that into consideration, maybe do two different endings? Sound good?

@ Chloe: Unfortunately I think Miki has done her magic with Reina, so I doubt I will be putting Miki back into the picture. 

True, I forgot that I just added Risa's POV just recently, HOWEVER, I mean some readers can already sense the subtle hints here and there from Risa so based on that I wonder why people still root for Reina to confess.

I think I might stop with the animal references, I have run out of situations in which they could be used and because I think I will be surpassing the quota on them.

Chapter 39

Kame looked at me with a mixed look of weird and disappointment, in which I ignored at that moment because I was so focused on my own pain that I never realized that she had been noticing me and doing her own figuring out.  I always assumed I was great at hiding my own emotions and I never noticed that I was so readable until Kame talked to me about it as I read the next couple of entries

Flashback

“Gaki-san”

“Yeah” we were going back to my place hand in hand after a satisfying dinner.  It was one of our days off and Eri and I decided to chill at my place because it has been long since the last time I stayed home.

“Can we talk before we go home?”

“Sure, what do you want to talk about?”

“Let’s go to a park or a bench”

“Okay there is one around if we go that way”  We walked to the bench and we sat down.  We sat in silence enjoying the night air, or at I was until I felt her hand slip from mine.  I turned to look at her and…..

…she was crying “Kame!  What’s wrong?  Why are you crying?”

“Gaki-san you don’t have to force yourself anymore”

I didn’t understand what was going on, all that I wanted to know was why my bestfriend and confidante was crying.  “What do you mean Kame?  Why are you crying?”

“Gaki-san…you don’t have to force yourself anymore”

I didn’t understand what was going on, we were having a great time just a few moments ago, all I wanted to know was why my bestfriend and confidante was crying.  “What do you mean Kame?  Why are you crying?” she just sat there crying, which sort of freaked me out even more “Kame!  Please stop crying and tell me what is going on!”

She pulled out something from her purse and immediately I recognized the lime green covering.  “My diary!  How did you get that?  Who gave you permission to look through it?” I was enraged at what she did.

She wiped her tears and looked me in the eye “Why? Is there something there that I shouldn’t see??? First, don’t blame me if you left it open when you were reminiscing in the middle of the night and forgot you had it open and then forgot you had it there” she retorted ‘Did I forget?  Damn it!  I never intended for her to get hurt.  I guess the harder you try to hide something, the easier it is for a slip up’  I couldn’t be angry at her, she had a right to be angry at me, it was my fault entirely

“Kame, I…”

“Gaki-san, I know you were happy when you were with me…genuinely, but I am not who you want to be with.  I only had to read this part of your collection of diaries to know that!  I can’t deny that I am not upset that you love my bestfriend but I guess some things are not meant to be.  I just don’t understand why you had to put us both through this unnecessary misery when you knew who you wanted to be with in the very beginning”

“Kame, listen.  I didn’t want to hurt you at all and I did try to move on and I am trying as it is now.”

“Gaki-san, I always wondered why you would never want to take our relationship one step further”, she took a deep breath “at first, I thought it was because you weren’t ready, which I was fine with, but I realize from these entries, it is because you still love Reina and haven’t let go yet.  Stop lying to yourself, we shouldn’t continue this when your heart is not in it”

“Kame, I…”  ‘I don’t believe this!  Is she telling me what I think she is telling me?’

“Please Gaki-san let’s leave it while I can still accept it.  I don’t want to continue and pretend you love me, I mean, wouldn’t that hurt me even more?  I was furious with Reina for her entire existence at first thought but then…but then I realized something and I couldn’t be upset at her either.”

“What did you realize?” I was curious as to what the turtle knew that could curb the anger in Kame, she hesitated as if there was more to this but wouldn’t tell me.

“That…you will have to find out on your own or you may never find out depending if you really want to look for it.  But let me tell you this, I think we should remain friends, like we use to.  I know this may sound ridiculous because I should be upset but I also know that you play a big part of my life so even if we aren’t lovers, I still want to have this friendship that we have”

I was speechless, “Kame, are you sure that is what you want?  I mean I don’t know about you but I doubt I could do that if I was in your shoes.  Don’t take me wrong, I don’t want to lose your friendship either but I don’t want to cause you anymore pain than I already have”

“Some things are just worth it”

I was emotional, I don’t know which weighed more but for one thing “Kame, you’ve grown up” I hugged her like no tomorrow as we cried under the moonlight, it may not be the last time we hugged, but it felt like it was a seal to the deal for our everlasting friendship.

Kame wiped my tears as I did the same for her before we got to the next topic, a topic I didn’t really want to talk about “now what are you going to do about Reina?”

“Kame!  What a way to ruin a friendship moment” she laughed as I smiled at her, happy that I can still make her laugh ‘thank you Kame.  I never wanted things to be this way and it wouldn’t have ended this way if not for your maturity in this manner’

“Well I am your best friend right? I should help in getting you your girl”

“Kame, you don’t have to do this!  It pains to see you like this as well.  I am serious, your forgiveness is enough, don’t torture yourself anymore”

“Gaki-san, like I’ve told you, I realized things in which made me rethink about the situation…and when it comes to torturing one’s self I think you should worry about Reina not me”

“What?  What about Tanakacchi?  Why do I have to worry about her?”

“Well…I don’t really know, but I can sense it so it’s probably best if we find out from Sayu”

“I see…let’s not think about this now, let’s enjoy the rest of our time here”

End of Flashback
NOTE: This fic will be ending soon as promised I plan to finish it off before the holidays, hopefully by 22 or 23?

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Taking Chances-Chapter 39-updated 12/17
« Reply #326 on: December 17, 2009, 07:37:49 PM »
Please don't be too late, Gaki-san!! Go get the girl!

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
« Reply #327 on: December 17, 2009, 09:26:29 PM »
Awww so no Miki then.

Yes, even I noticed there are hints from Gaki-san but sometimes when it comes to girls relationship (friendship) I guess the hints can be a bit blurry... you can hug your friend tightly and it still doesn't mean it was a hint for that kind of feelings or you can kiss them and people can still accept it as a friendship affection, unless you kiss them in the lips that is. What I'm saying is that you can't be too sure? (or maybe I'm just too serious about the whole thing :mon sweat:).

And also for me since Reina feeling is strong but she keeps on doubting herself and even pushed Gaki to Eri is what makes me root for Reina to go confess. To make her stop from hurting herself like that.
Because it's seriously hurts (not to mention sucks) when you love someone so much but you can't say it for whatever reason, in Reina's case she 's considering Eri's part.

“Kame, you’ve grown up”
She surprised me too  :lol:

This fic will be ending soon as promised I plan to finish it off before the holidays, hopefully by 22 or 23?
:O must not let anyone borrow my internet or even near my laptop then!  :onionwhip:
I'm gonna miss your quick updates of this fic when it ends  :(

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #328 on: December 18, 2009, 05:12:18 PM »
@ rndmnwierd : You're getting your wish aren't you??? So no need for chants right???? TANAGAKI!!!!!

@ Chloe: Unfortunately, at this point there is no need for Miki's service, however I will keep her in mind if I ever write about MM in this type of format.

You're too cute!!!! Naw, you make a good point, because I am the author so I see everything more or less like the almighty  :lol: So no you aren't taking it too seriously, if anything it makes me as an author proud how the readers are absorbed into their fics.

Trust me I am pretty sure a lot of readers have had similar feelings, just like myself.  I have had similar situations and let's just say it was pretty tough and lasted for a long period of time.

I wasn't that quick in the end, but in the future I do plan to maintain my record of updating as soon as possible.  Also because I was and am a reader myself, so I can totally understand the feeling of waiting for updates and such.

Chapter 40

I laughed at the next couple of days when Kame kept on urging me to go speak to Tanakacchi,  the different methods she used and the frustration she had when I wouldn’t budge.  I wouldn’t budge because every time I saw Tanakacchi with JunJun I couldn’t help but feel like I’ve already lost that chance.  Kame didn’t let up though, when I wouldn’t speak to Tanakacchi she pushed me towards Sayumin, to get something out of her but what?  A secret that Tanakacchi has?  If it’s a secret shouldn’t it be left that way until Tanakacchi is ready to tell the rest of us?  Don’t these people understand privacy?

“What is there to be afraid of?” Kame asked me and I looked at her.

I never did answer that question as I repeated the question in my diary entry ‘What is there to be afraid of?’ And even now I couldn’t answer the question or at least I didn’t have the guts to write it down  but in my mind: Enough!  Rejection can be one, the reality that we could’ve been something but can’t now is another but then again isn’t that what Kame was facing when she decided to confront me with my diary?  What was going through her mind?  I never did fill in details for that entry as I flipped through the next entry and also my last one so far.

‘I finally got the courage to go up to Sayumin to find out what it was that Kame wanted me to know…’

Flashback

“You haven’t answered my question which signifies that you don’t have an answer and having no answer you should come with me to find Sayu!” debated Kame

‘I don’t know if it was me, but Kame definitely doesn’t sound like the Kame that I know’ “Okay who are you and what have you done with my Kame?” I put my hand on her forehead

She swatted away my hand “Gaki-san, quit playing! You have to ask Sayu if you want to know anything about Reina”

“But why can’t you just tell me what you know?  It’s the same thing isn’t it?”

“No!  Because I am basing everything on observations so I want you to come with me and hear it from Sayu together” Kame dragged me towards a café in which I saw Sayumin sitting.

‘Why that sneaky turtle!!!! I am going to have to..’ “Hi Sayu” I smiled awkwardly because I was afraid I will curse out loud my thoughts.  Not a pretty sight to have a Morning Musume member cussing in public…especially towards another member

“Gaki-san!  Eri!  What are you guys doing here?!”

“Sayu, there are some things that Gaki-san and I want to talk to you about”

“What things?”

“Reina”

“Why don’t you ask her then?” Sayumi feint ignorant

“If it was that easy Sayu then I wouldn’t be asking you now, would I?” Eri rolled her eyes and I watched on over their squabbling

“Okay….what do you want to know?”

“Reina….she likes Gaki-san, doesn’t she?”

Sayumi’s eyes grew wide like they were about to pop out “W-Wha…H-how…” she stuttered

“Don’t mind that part, please tell Gaki-san what you know”

“What do you mean tell her!  No offense Gaki-san but don’t you think it would be foolish to tell you things if you are with Eri?”

Kame face saddened, I guess she hasn’t told her fellow Rokkies yet “We…we broke up”

“WHAT??!!!” hollered Sayumin, getting up from her chair, causing people to stare in our direction

“Hush Sayumin, we don’t need this to go public anytime soon” as I pulled her down back to her seat.

Sayumin sat back down “what do you guys mean you broke up?  How did that happen?”  I didn’t know how to answer her because I felt ashamed, ashamed that I led Kame to this.

“We broke up because…because Gaki-san doesn’t love me like she does Reina.  Since I started observing Gaki-san’s behaviour prior to I have been noticing that Reina has gotten…skinnier, paler, unhappier...ever since I got together with Gaki-san.  So in that sense, can you please tell us?”

Both Sayumin and I turned to look at Eri, shocked “Okay who are you and what have you done with Eri?” Sayumin held up a fork to protect herself.

“Stop joking around Sayu, it really is me”

“Who is me? And if you really were Eri, when did you ever become so observant?”

Eri grabbed the fork away from Sayumin “Haha so funny, me as in Eri and what do you mean when did I ever become so observant? I can be observant you know.  But can you please tell us the details about the kitty already? Gaki-san here has been a pain in the buttocks with her emotional troubles!”

Sayumin looked at me and I gave her an awkward smile ‘Thanks Kame! Can you be anymore blunt?!’ “Oh crap!!! What should I do? I shouldn’t, Reina will  have my head for this”

“Sayu don’t worry, what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her right?”

“That’s not the point, do you realize how Reina will feel knowing this???  She will beat herself up inside more than she already is and…how are you sure she will accept?”

“I…I…I didn’t think about it like that!  All I want is the truth to be known because we are owed this truth don’t you think?  I went into a relationship just to realize that someone I hold dearly loves my bestfriend and thinking that my bestfriend probably held back because of me and because of it, it could be….it might be…eating her up inside.  She’s having health issues because of this isn’t she?”

‘Now I was officially lost, what did Kame mean by her best friend holding back because of her’
Kame turned to face me “Yeah you heard right!  Reina probably held back her feelings in part because of my feelings.  She was probably stuck at a dead end yet she didn’t find ways out, instead she just kept everything inside, making her sick”  I was shocked before, now I was feeling dizzy from all this, it felt like my heart stopped working as I gulped and downed my glass of water holding onto my chest as if in need of air.

“Gaki-san are you alright?” Kame and Sayumin looked at me in concern.  I couldn’t answer them I just picked up their glasses of water and downed them before I could regain my breathing again.

“Gaki-san!  Are you okay?  Do you need more water?”

I shook my head “Can…can…can…can we take *cough* take this from *cough* the…the. *gasp* very top?”

“Maybe this isn’t a good idea right now”

I grabbed onto Kame’s arm, “you *gasp* started this…*cough* now finish it!” I then grabbed onto Sayumin’s arm “just *gasp* get me *cough* more water and then *cough* you better start talking”

I saw an exchange of eye contact before Sayumin ordered a pitcher of water “Okay if this is what you want but I warn both of you, yes including you Eri that what I am about to tell you will have no holes and that you better be ready to accept it”
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:49:15 PM by FaqU »

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
Re: Taking Chances-Chapter40-updated 12/18
« Reply #329 on: December 18, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »
Me cute?? No Way!! :lol:
Well, author is supposed to know everything in their story.
And fanfic is awesome, it's hard not to get absorbed into it especially one that's well written.

Trust me I am pretty sure a lot of readers have had similar feelings, just like myself.  I have had similar situations and let's just say it was pretty tough and lasted for a long period of time.
Yep, been there done that too  :depressed:

I wasn't that quick in the end, but in the future I do plan to maintain my record of updating as soon as possible.  Also because I was and am a reader myself, so I can totally understand the feeling of waiting for updates and such.
I totally understand and thank you for that   :kneelbow:

Sayumi’s eyes grew wide like they were about to pop out “W-Wha…H-how…” she stuttered
Somehow it's funny to imagine Sayu's reaction  XD

Even more funny that both Gaki and Sayu ask where is the real Eri.

“Who is me? And if you really were Eri, when did you ever become so observant?”
Who is me? :mon lmao: oh I love you Sayu!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2009, 09:58:23 PM »
Poor Eri, no one has any faith in her. :lol: :lol:
“Okay if this is what you want but I warn both of you, yes including you Eri that what I am about to tell you will have no holes and that you better be ready to accept it”
What? Yes! Yes~! Just tell usssss!!

@ rndmnwierd : You're getting your wish aren't you??? So no need for chants right???? TANAGAKI!!!!
I'm like pressing my face against the screen in an attempt to read future un-posted chapters of this so, no time for chanting. Must. See. Future.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #331 on: December 19, 2009, 01:15:42 PM »
“Some things are just worth it”

:heart:

Both Sayumin and I turned to look at Eri, shocked “Okay who are you and what have you done with Eri?” Sayumin held up a fork to protect herself.

:lol:

Risa was reading her diary while the story was being unfolded, hmmm… fishy

NOTE: This fic will be ending soon as promised I plan to finish it off before the holidays, hopefully by 22 or 23?

:panic:

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2009, 10:16:54 PM »
@ Chloe: Yes you are cute!!!!!  Awww stop it, I usually have the ideas but can't really seem to get all my thoughts onto paper properly, this is the best I could do with descriptions and such  :sweatdrop:

Our turtle hasn't shown us this side of her, hence it is natural that both Risa and Sayu would doubt the real Eri with Eri's alien friends

@ rndmnwierd: Finally everything is unrevealed to the duo of Gakikame and we'll finally find out what Gakikame will think of it all and of course how they will go from there.

Don't put your face up against the screen too much, wouldn't want you to go blind and second of all wouldn't want your face to get stuck that you need a spatula to scrap it off  :lol: :lol: That totally will be painful

@ kRisZ: What's so fishy??/ I was intending to show the story unrevealled but using another style if that helps explaining anything but I am curious what is going through your mind to say that it is fishy

Chapter 41

We sat there all afternoon as Sayumin told us everything from her feelings for Kame to Reina and herself moving on, or at least Sayumin did and all Kame and I could do was gawk at Sayumin.  With every detail that we had to absorb, our mouths just grew wider and wider, and we became more and more speechless.

‘So Tanakacchi DID have feelings for me, but she was afraid that she would be the cause of me losing something I love and then the whole Kame issue.  She felt like she had to back off and that she couldn’t do anything about it because she felt like it would betray the friendship she had with Kame’
  I stared at Kame, who in turn stared at Sayumin, in which I can understand why, at one point in time a fellow Rokkie who is your best friend was suffering and loved you.

“Don’t stare at me like that Eri, I have moved on and that was a while ago, not everyone is like Reina.  But that is everything you needed to know about Reina and about her struggle.  She has decided to not care about Fujimoto-san’s article but she still couldn’t confess because her best friend was someone she held close to heart too, she couldn’t throw it away.  That could be the reason why she is…I hate to admit it but in a slight depression.  I have kept a good eye on her but you know Reina, you can’t force her to do anything she doesn’t want to.  However, the good thing is that she’ll be a good sport and still eat when I whine enough but I don’t think she is living her life properly.  I had wanted to tell you Gaki-san but Reina made me promise not to say a word to anyone.  She thought you would make Eri happy and continue to live life happily, which made a good point so in the end I did promise her.”

“So what about her and JunJun?”

“What about her and JunJun?”

“Well aren’t they together?  They have been awfully close together recently, why isn’t JunJun taking care of her” I had to know if she moved on without me, if I still have a chance.

“Gaki-san, they tried dating but things didn’t work out and neither JunJun nor Reina has any bad feelings from the experience, in fact they have a lot of fun when they get together, or at least Reina tries to have fun when we are together.  Deep down I know she is just putting on a show though.”

“If I may be so bold as to make a comment though…” Kame looked at me and I nodded “ Sayu, you like JunJun don’t you???” No response but a faint blush was appearing   “Anyways that is for another conversation but I think both of them would’ve gotten together if one was willing to take the chance instead of always living in fear”

“Are we done? I am here meeting someone so if you don’t mind”

“Oh~~~ who are you meeting??”

Before Sayumi could tell the turtle that it was none of her business “Gaki-san! Kamei-san!  What are you guys doing here?”  Sayumi hung her head down, whereas Eri and I turned to see a confused JunJun

“Oh nothing JunJun, we saw Sayu and came in to have a chat, but we have to go now so ENJOY” Eri smirked and pulled out me of the restaurant giving Sayumi and JunJun their own personal space.

I thought about that last phrase as I penned it in my diary…taking chances eh? I then turned back at the page in which the question was ‘What is there to be afraid of?’ I penned in the words ‘Taking that chance’ as I closed my diary.

I found a time when Tanakacchi was free and confronted her about hanging out but she deferred my offer.  I guess she still thinks I am with Kame because she said she is meeting up with JunJun, well more like she was stuttering it out as if it was a lie.  I assume she hasn’t spoken to Kame or Sayumin but then again Sayumin has mentioned that hanging with JunJun takes her mind off other things.  I had to act now otherwise I would never get my feelings and thoughts across.  I did the next best thing, I know that Tanakacchi might not like it but I still had to do it.  For me and for both of us, it was now or never and I don’t want it to be the latter one.

“Hello Sayumin, I need you to do something for me, and I know you will figure something out” I told her my plan and she agreed to help me, surprisingly.  My guesses is that she didn’t want the both of us to be running around in circles about what could’ve been.

Next I sat there in my seat contemplating about the other person I had to call.  I was stumped, like speechless, I don’t think anyone could imagine that but I made the same phone call to Kame and told her of the plan, yes I know it may be cruel to her and I have suggested that she could always decline but she didn’t.  “I’m happy for you Gaki-san, you are finally not afraid of expressing your feelings to find your true happiness.  I know it must’ve been hard for you to make this phone call” ‘Boy you don’t know the half of it’ “but I am willing to help out.  I believe half of the misery that Reina has gone through was because of me, even  though you may disagree with me, I would have been upset at myself for not noticing the pain that Reina had to go through if I found out later in life.  Who knows how much of a wreck Reina would be then?”

“Again Kame, I’m sorry”

“Don’t be.  Just tell me the time and place so we can sort Reina out but…” ‘But? I don’t like this but in there’ “you do know how stubborn Reina can be right?  Are you sure you can convince her?”

‘Good question.  Damn you Kame for shooting this question at me’ “I…I…I haven’t thought that far”

“Well think about it!  Talk to you soon”

“Yeah” ~CLICK ‘Well there goes my adrenaline!  I haven’t thought about what Tanakacchi’s reaction would be, I guess I assumed her to just accept me and we live happily ever after, but Kame does have a good point.  Will she accept me when she finds out that Kame and I know about her feelings from a while back?  She might be upset at herself, and at Sayumin, for causing the breakup.  I can’t stop here though, I’ll have to make her understand that this had nothing to do with anyone but me.  If anyone is to blame for Kame’s pain and anger it is me, I shouldn’t have accepted her because of what Tanakacchi told me, I should’ve been smarter in making my choices’

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Taking Chances-Chapter41-updated 12/20
« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2009, 11:25:58 PM »
Gaki is the man with the plan! Or woMAN, you know what I mean! Anyway, I can't wait to see what she has cooked up. I think it might be easier if she just had someone lock them up together in a room and not let them out for a few hours, since Reina admitted that she tends to run away from things that are too hard.

I"ll be waiting!

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #334 on: December 21, 2009, 01:38:35 AM »
@ kRisZ: What's so fishy??/ I was intending to show the story unrevealled but using another style if that helps explaining anything but I am curious what is going through your mind to say that it is fishy

:D  Maybe I was over analyzing things  :D   Sometimes I wonder too what's going through my mind  XD

We sat there all afternoon as Sayumin told us everything from her feelings for Kame to Reina and herself moving on, or at least Sayumin did and all Kame and I could do was gawk at Sayumin.  With every detail that we had to absorb, our mouths just grew wider and wider, and we became more and more speechless.

Looks like GakiKame are the dense one  :lol:

Before Sayumi could tell the turtle that it was none of her business “Gaki-san! Kamei-san!  What are you guys doing here?”  Sayumi hung her head down, whereas Eri and I turned to see a confused JunJun

Busted  XD

:onioncheer:  Risa  :onioncheer:  Fight-o  :onioncheer:  Risa  :onioncheer:

Yay! Can't wait for the next update

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #335 on: December 21, 2009, 04:48:14 PM »
@ rndmnwierd: you know I saw someone post that method on H!O  :lol: Reina doesn't run from things that are not too hard, more like she runs from things that she doesn't want to deal with.

Wait no further!!!!  ;)

@ kRisZ: Naw, I don't think you're over analyzing things, your comments do aid in the direction at times and it gives me more situations to create.

Well in Eri's case, yes she is dense, however for Risa I think the thought behind was that she is overly excited that the one she has feelings for will return the feelings.

Totally busted  XD

Wait no further!!!

Chapter 42

For the next day or two, I or we waited for Sayumin’s response.  We were at a rehearsal for a collaboration with TRF when Sayumin came up to Kame and I “Okay I made an appointment with her after this filming has been done.  She will be coming to my house after for our days off.  I will take her to that café we usually go to near my house, say around noon, so that we all get enough sleep and time for you” as she pointed to Kame “to get out of bed”

Kame swatted Sayumin’s hand away, “I will be there, Gaki-san is staying with me so she will make sure I will be up, nee Gaki-san”

“She better or I will torture her” I joked, the atmosphere between Kame and I have gone back the way we were and I am glad I have her in my moment in need and my moment when I am freaking out.  So now everything has been planned out, the only things not planned is how I was going to confront her and Tanakacchi as I look over at her, who was still practicing her parts with Ai-chan.  She is still shining, the same shining star she was when I first laid my eyes on her.  At moment that I was watching her, I couldn’t wait until the recording was over and done with so then I would finally get the chance to talk to her, face to face. 

It was soon time for the actual recording and my gaze hasn’t really left Tanakacchi except when necessary.  “Psst!  Gaki-san stop drooling!” giggled Kame as I turned and made sure I wasn’t before glaring at her for the trick she just pulled

“Shut up!!!!”

“Let’s get this show on the road shall we???” as we both walked onto the stage to get ready and believe me I don’t know if it was because I was so thrilled at the idea of talking to Tanakacchi but I was giving it my all and I was smiling like no tomorrow.

“Gaki-san!! You da woman!!! You were hot out there” I high-fived both Sayumin and Kame

“Gaki-san!!!  Where was all that energy from” commented Ai-chan as she and I shared a hug.  I just shrugged my shoulders and it was odd but I could’ve sworn she whispered something along the lines of “are you finally going to confess to the right her?”  I pulled away and she gave me a smirk like she knew as I bore a confused look.  She pulled me in for another hug, “We are Gokkies and forever we will be, did you think I wouldn’t know???  I am happy for you” as she left to congratulate other members.  As she walked away, slowly a smile crept on my face, I had to admit I had lost more or less faith in Gokkies since Makocchin and KonKon left and when Ai-chan and I became leader and subleader, ‘You’re right we are Gokkies and forever we will be!  I never had to tell you guys anything and you guys always knew so what makes this any different? Thank you Ai-chan for you support and for reminding me that the Gokkies still live on’

I guess it was different when you were talking about it with other members but the wishes from your fellow members gave me the extra push, extra confidence that I needed.  I was afraid that she would be upset at the fact that I had just broken off with Kame and here I am trying to get together with Tanakacchi.  I couldn’t help smiling all the way to Kame’s house and getting myself pumped up for the meeting.

The next day

Kame and I were on the train and I was a nervous wreck, I wasn’t sure if I can do this now, I was freaking out and asking Kame if we should just turn around and go back.

“No Gaki-san!  How many times do I have to tell you???  We are going to do this and we are going to do this today!!!! What happened to the pumped up Gaki-san last night who wouldn’t let me sleep????  If you don’t do this today, you would have wasted my efforts and sleep time and let me tell you how pissed off I would be, do you hear?  Besides didn’t you already plan what you were going to say?” Kame was practically hovering over me and her threat did not sound the tiniest bit friendly as I gulped the saliva that was gathering in my throat and sat back down quietly.

“Er…not really.  I was going to…you know…wing it?” Kame only shook her head at me.

We were getting closer and closer to the café and immediately I could spot Tanakacchi laughing and smiling away with Sayumin ‘Kame is right.  WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS TODAY!!!!’ as we walked into the café.  One look at  us entering the café and immediately Tanakacchi’s once smiling face faded into something that I couldn’t describe, was it anger or was it sadness?

“Hi” Kame and I took a seat across of Sayumin and Tanakacchi.  We both noticed Tanakacchi take a sideways glance over to Sayumin who was smiling slightly and I think Tanakacchi caught on that we set this up.  Before I could say anything, the unexpected happened, Tanakacchi got up and ran out of the café.

“Go Gaki-san!!!” pushed Kame as we all got up, well Sayumin and Kame stayed behind to foot the bill first, as I tore out of the café and ran after her.  Luckily for me that it wasn’t hard locating her considering she was wearing her purple hoodie and for the fact that she was never the runner as I sped up and caught up to her, grabbing onto her arm, stopping her from running any further

“TANAKACCHI! STOP!!!” she was struggling to get out of my grasp “Please stop and hear me out!!!  I only need a couple minutes of your time.  Am I not even worth your time anymore??? That you can’t even talk to me???” she stopped struggling

I turned her to face me and…she was crying! “Whats wrong??? Did I hurt you?” I rolled up her sleeve to check if I may have grasped her a little too hard. 

She flung my hand away “Why are you here????”

“I needed to talk to you ….about us”

“Us??? Gaki-san where is there an us??? If this has to do with work, we can talk about it when we get back to work”

“NO REINA!!!!’ she jumped slightly at my outburst, heck I was shocked at my own outburst.  I have never called Tanakacchi by her first name other than our moment when she was playing Dr. Reina, so I guess she knows I am serious??? “Please just talk to me, there is more to us than just work isn’t there?”

She remained silent for a while, in which I couldn’t tell by her face what she was thinking “You know don’t you?  Sayu told you everything right?  And now you are here to give me a full out rejection aren’t you”

“No!!! That is not why I am here!!! Can we take a seat somewhere so we can talk??? Just the two of us” I was begging I know but I was desperate for the girl to understand everything.  She didn’t say anything so I dragged her along until I found a bench and I sat her down

1 more chapter to go!!!!

I have created 2 separate endings and I wonder if I should post both or should I post one and then PM the other for those that are interested....readers, what do you think????

@ rndmnwierd: I know you mentioned to make the other an omake so I should post it right? but where? here or the one-shot place?

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
Re: Taking Chances-Chapter42-updated 12/21
« Reply #336 on: December 21, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »
and time for you” as she pointed to Kame “to get out of bed”

damn  :lol:

“Go Gaki-san!!!”

:onioncheer:  :onioncheer:  :onioncheer:

“I needed to talk to you ….about us”

Yay

1 more chapter to go!!!!

:shocked

I have created 2 separate endings and I wonder if I should post both or should I post one and then PM the other for those that are interested....readers, what do you think????

I say, post the two   :cow:  post the two  :cow:  post the two

Offline pretend_2besome1

• The "C" Kite
  • Member+
« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »
:OMG: I miss an update!!  :banghead: Damn, I can't use the internet freely since there is more people in the house (can't let them know what I'm doing with it  :smhid).

You should stop coz I'm so not  :lol:

taking chances eh?
Woohoo! The words finally came out!

Obliviously there's not gonna be a TanaShige then go SayuJun!

Ai barely showed up in this fic and yet she knew, Ai you shoulda tell Gaki sooner!  XD

‘Good question.  Damn you Kame for shooting this question at me’
“Psst!  Gaki-san stop drooling!”
“Go Gaki-san!!!”
Me liking alien Eri very much, she's awesome :heart: (it's funny considering I'm not too fond of her at first when she's still all clingy with Gaki :nervous).

Tanakacchi got up and ran out of the café.
I think I might have react the same as Reina in that situation  :err:

Sayu better be prepared if this doesn't turn out well (I do hope it goes well). Reina's gonna kill her for setting her up and telling GakiKame about her feelings.

Ah, I guess it finally comes back down to why I'm lured in the first place, TanaGaki.
So "GO TANAGAKI GO!!!"  :mon blowhorn:  :onioncheer:

Sorry, can only do one comment here this time and I say post both here so reader won't be confused (just don't forget to inform which one is the other ending).

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2009, 11:46:07 PM »
Reina doesn't run from things that are not too hard, more like she runs from things that she doesn't want to deal with.
Eh, same difference.  XD

I'm like on the edge of my proverbial seat here. I really want to see the ending. Gaki-san getting support from Ai-chan there at the end made my day.

@ rndmnwierd: I know you mentioned to make the other an omake so I should post it right? but where? here or the one-shot place?
Post it here, just label it as an omake or even an alternate ending. It still has to do with Taking Chances, so it's not technically a one shot.

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #339 on: December 22, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »
@ kRisZ: Just when Eri becomes observant, her other bad habits show up  :lol:

The moment you've all been waiting for has finally come, well at least one part of it has finally come  :nervous

@ Chloe: I missed you there, but then again I didn't give much time in between chapters as I wanted to finish this as promised  ;)

I can't stop cuz you're so hot!!!  :lol: Are we playing a rhyming game now???  XD

Ai-chan as leader was probably too busy to take time to talk about personal issues hence I delayed her blessings  :lol:

What makes you think Sayu is safe is things do go well???  :twisted:

@ rndmnwierd: Make sure you don't fall off  :lol: and you will get to see the ending...my initial ending comes first then comes the newly thought of ending in a day's time or longer.  Why longer? Because I am waiting on Mame-chan :lol:

Chapter 43

I took hold of her hand and used my thumb to brush it slightly in constant motion as I gathered my thoughts and breath “Reina, do you remember there was a certain individual that I have developed feelings for???” she nodded “well at the time, I was afraid, afraid that the same person didn’t have the same feelings for me, I have tried to hint it at them but I guess I am not the queen of hinting because they never caught on.  They in fact told me to move on.  I was heart broken when they said those words to me, all I wanted was a sign from them telling me that I shouldn’t choose that path but it never came.  I was so heart broken that I made a couple more mistakes in my life, I accepted someone that I shouldn’t have because I wasn’t in love with them” slowly your eyes met my tear-filled ones “I thought that my feelings would never be known so I tried to move on, but just a while ago, I realized that I have never moved on.  I held those same feelings from years ago right here” I took her hand and placed in on my heart “They may have been buried in my mind but the heart can never lie.  It took the tears of my best friend to realize this and I must say that I am not proud of the pain that I have put this person through, but we have talked it out and she understood, in fact she felt guilty and upset at herself.”

“Eri” you whispered

I nodded as you have finally understood everything that was going on “we both were upset at how things turned out because we both hurt someone we hold dearly, we never noticed the pain that we put this individual through and the pain we put ourselves in.” by now my tears were flowing down my face nonstop “Reina, I was scared years ago that you would reject me, that you didn’t feel the same for me so I never confessed my feelings for you.  I wasn’t ready for rejection which is why I tried to do the whole vibe thing, but lot of good that did me” we both chuckled “Kame asked me the question: What is there to be afraid of? And at the time I couldn’t answer but I realize that I was afraid of taking that risk just like you were but I don’t want us to be running in circles anymore.  I don’t want us to lose any more time than what we’ve lost as it is.”  I took a deep breath “Will you be my girlfriend?”

I felt her pull her hand away and I looked at her in shock “I can’t Gaki-san.  You are with Eri and I don’t want to be the one that broke you guys up”

“You didn’t” hollered a huffing Kame as she slowly walked up to us “Reina,…if anything I feel like I broke you guys up.  You both love each other but because you knew of my feelings, you gave up your own.  Gaki-san and I are best friends and that is how things will always be.  Please Reina, do both of us a favour and accept Gaki-san already, she has been a pain to bear with to get her to come to you today”  We all watched as Reina got up from the bench and headed towards the fountain in front of us. “Psst!!! Gaki-san go up there!  What do you think you are gonna accomplish just sitting there?” both Sayumin and Kame pushed me towards Reina.

I stood beside Reina “listen Reina, I know that you have a right to not accept me, but I think I should at least tell you my thoughts and feelings regardless.  I have been dwelling on these for far too long and at least now…” I turned to face her “now I can have an answer and even if you say no, I can live the rest of my life knowing the answer as opposed to straying from it”  I had lost hope when she didn’t face me, I didn’t want this to happen but I had to be honest with myself, Reina had a choice too!  I turned and was about to leave when I felt a tug on my jacket.  I stared down at the hand and followed it up to realize that it was Reina who was tugging onto me

“Risa”  Hearing her say my name gave me feelings that I never thought existed, I was on cloud nine, I was so happy it was like I was naturally high or something

I turned Reina around to look at me “Will you be my girlfriend?” she nodded shyly while looking away.  I jumped up in joy “YATTA!!!!!!” as I turned her face to mine and kissed her right there and then.

“Risa! Are you reading through your diary again?” I closed my diary as I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist

“I can’t help it Reina!  I love reminiscing the times and the joyride that we both went through to be together today, especially the moment when you starting chasing after Sayumin and giving her a headlock.  I was so scared you were going to kick her bunny butt but luckily not that much damage was done” as I wrapped my hands around hers leaning my head against her shoulders.  I closed my eyes as she kissed my temple, her kiss so soft and gentle, it sends me to bliss.

“I was upset at the moment, I felt like I was betrayed by a fellow Rokkie, and I would have given her more if you didn’t stop me” Reina responded cracking her knuckles

“But look at it this way, if it wasn’t for Sayumin, then others around us wouldn’t have found their own happiness.  I mean look at the combination of EriLin?  Look at how happy they are!  They finally found someone as “alienish” as they are and can fully understand each other” I reasoned recalling how Kame and LinLin’s relationship developed, their samui moments and antics were never too far with their “alienish” aura that surrounded them wherever they went.

“True, if it wasn’t for Sayu, I wouldn’t have found my own happiness,…with you, Risa”  I turned myself slightly and caught her lips as we started our makeout session leading us to our bed.  That night there was a breeze as it flipped open my diary to a certain page ‘What is there to be afraid of?  Taking that chance’
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 02:09:34 AM by FaqU »

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Seamo feat. BoA - Hey Boy, Hey Girl