JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Dreamland

Author Topic: Misaki's OS/Random Drabble Page :) - Update: JuriSaku OS (11/7/18)  (Read 39602 times)

Offline TeenyTae

• Member+
Re: Misaki's OS/Random Drabble Page :) - Update: Jurina B'Day OS (8/3/15)
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 07:45:22 AM »
I'm sorry that you had to go through a headache to get it to us, but I'm happy that you were able to share this. It's indeed a nice gift for Jurina's birthday!  :)

That omake had me laughing though.  XD

Thank you for the constant updates! I'm more than happy to support you and your writing.  :)

Offline junchan48

• Love SHIPPING :D
  • Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3
Re: Misaki's OS/Random Drabble Page :) - Update: Jurina's B'day OS (8/3/15)
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
cheesy~ glad they're married~
Misakichan, thanks for make me grinning like crazy while read this birthday fic XD its too cute><
Newbie. Yoroshiku Oneigashimasu ^^

Offline Raizel

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Beat Faster for Fanfiction
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »
Misaki-san..  I've read your OS for Jurina's birthday.. :on BDay:
Gahh...  :OMG:They're so cute together.. :inlove: :inlove:
After watched seitansai, I'm wondering what's Jurina said to Rena so she said "Thank you for coming, Rena-chan..." Kyaa.. :luvluv2:
I'm really sad when Jurina want Nao and churi as her girlfriend..:on cloudeye:

And those trio and omake... Really funny.. :on lol: :on lol:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2015, 12:12:47 AM »
Just out of curiosity... are you gonna do OS of Sekai ga naiteru nara? XD
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
Re: Misaki's OS/Random Drabble Page :) - Update: WMatsui OS (13/4/15)
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »
First of all, I feel horrible for not writing a fanfiction for my Kami-Oshi, Takamina's, birthday, yet being able to write for Jurina.  :banghead: *sighs*~  :doh: I'll probably make up for it through AtsuMina or TakaYuu or NyanMina or whatever Minami-related pair or no pairing fic for her... Not only Minami's fic had been put off... Airi's graduation fic too! AARGH! Too... busy... with life... the fact I was able to pen this down within an hour or so is a miracle. It's a random drabble that I just thought of so please don't mind if it feels kinda stupid. Pfft.

Secondly, I will be on an indefinite hiatus until mid-May due to exams. Yep. Other than exams, I have a serious author's block for Indestructible Fire and other OS, and were I to write with all these crazy things going on around me, I would probably be ruining my own fics.

This fanfic is pretty much also to tell you guys about my upcoming hiatus 'cuz I feel bad if I were to just vanish without a word for like, a month or two?  :panic: So I hope you guys will still read and enjoy it.  :thumbsup See y'all after my exams~!

Replying time~:
@KashiwagiRena: No problem~! ;)
@junrena: Hahaha thanks :)
@DC2805: Thanks, and boy if this were real....  :inlove:
@Haruko: WMatsui is a pair to melt for, literally. xD And the trio are for comedic purposes!  XD
@RenshuChan: I'm slowly getting used to her hairstyle but I understand what you mean.  :lol:
@Zhen: LOL. Thank YOU for taking your time to actually read it.  :lol: You're kind in your own way towards Juju  ;)
@wmatsui fanfic: Thanks! :)
@gilangfajri: Hahahaha!!  :lol: I'm really glad you liked it! Thank you for reading!!!
@TeenyTae: Headaches are nothing!  XD But a hiatus is something  :cry: screw exams Thank you very much for the constant support and I hope you'll like this update! ;)
@junchan48: No problemo~~~  :D
@Raizel: Hahaha that's what I THINK she said. Or she could've said something else? No one will ever know, other than Jurina and Rena themselves  ;)
@Ruka Kikuchi: I pm-ed you already but I'm just gonna say it here as well. I'm not sure but I would love to if I have the time and the idea!  :)

THAT was a long list of replies...  :shocked Now onto the story, shall we?  :twothumbs

Welcome Home, Rena-chan

A familiar sight surrounds me as I step into the dressing room of the theatre that paved the way to my dreams a reality.

Dim but warm lighting… scent of hard work…

And silence.

Slowly, I took light steps towards the seat at the corner of the room. A spot where I could always observe other members in the shadows as I put on my make-up before a theatre performance or just to relax.

Sitting down on what can be called ‘my chair’, I let out a sigh as I leaned back, loosening my unknowingly stiff shoulders, closing my eyes to let a sense of relaxation overcome me completely. From afar, I heard a door opening softly and footsteps walking towards me… ones that I recognize right away.

“… Jurina…?”

“A-Ack! Rena-chan you spoilsport!”

Heh. I must be weird to even recognize the sound of a colleague’s footsteps. No. She isn’t just a colleague…

To me…

The other Matsui of SKE48… Matsui Jurina is—

“So~” I felt her warm, tender hands on my shoulder, squeezing them gently, “How was it hmm? Your last Nogisaka handshake event. I saw photos. Rena-chan looked really happy!”

“Of course I was…” I opened my eyes slowly, only to see her puppy-like face hovering on top of mine with a silly grin on her face, “I love Nogisaka after all.”
Her grin suddenly turned into a pout as she left my sight and pulled a chair over to sit beside me, crossing her arms, furrowing her eyebrows as if I had ticked her off.

“Rena-chan you’re frowning.”

“W-What…?” I gently touched my lips, yeah she was right… I unconsciously frowned. And she caught me.

She let out a puff of air and shrugged, “I know you’re upset that your concurrency’s over and all but come on. It isn’t like you to be THIS upset. Let’s see…” she placed her index finger on her chin, as if she was pondering deeply, “The Rena-chan I know would look forward to the next endeavor she’s got ready to plunge herself into!”

“… D-Don’t say it like you know everything about me, Jurina.”

She chuckled at my response, “The thing is Rena-chan~… I do. Every small gesture you make, every expression you’ve got on that pretty face of yours~… everything,” a playful grin followed shortly after, “Don’t forget I’ve been by your side since I was a kid!”

“J-Jurina…”

“SKE48 is your family… and the end of your concurrency just means you’re back here where you belong—with your family. With everyone who loves you no matter what. And…” She paused and gulped before I noticed a shade of red on her cheeks, “… Back to my side instead of being far apart. I’ll always be here for you.”

This brat—no… Jurina’s no longer the little kid I knew who shined brightly like a diamond in the rough… she’s finally a young woman of a legal age, blooming into a flower that will just become more and more beautiful… a shining star that brings energy and happiness to the people around her, especially her peers, her family, her fans…

… And me.

“S-So~” She pinched my cheeks and moved them in a circular motion roughly, “No frowning and look forward as always, Rena-chan! After all, I’m here~!”

“L-Let g-go J-Jurina!!!” I quickly grabbed her hands and flung them away from my face, massaging my cheeks that stung quite a bit due to how rough Jurina was.

“Sorry sorry~ but see? You don’t have the pair of sad-looking eyes I saw just a moment ago now,” she motioned for me to look at the mirror and when I did, I realized my cheeks have become rosy red and my eyes…

… Have been brought life back into them.

She turned towards the mirror with a warm smile forming on her lips, “Mm. I really like a Rena-chan that has lively-looking eyes after all.”

“Jurina… how did you know I was even here?”

“Churi told me,” Her eyebrows furrowed again, “Mou… you’ve been suspiciously chummy with Churi these days… not only Churi… with other Nogizaka members too! I don’t even have to mention Airi-san… and that just makes me jealous, you know?”

I let out a soft giggle and turned to Jurina who was still looking towards the mirror, “You’re jealous? Really?”

“Well duh!” She shifted her body to face me, “You’re my Rena-chan and no one can take you away from me~!” She flailed her arms up and down in an animated manner, like a spoilt little kid.

“Says the kissing monster,” I retorted with a smirk, “Plus, when was I ever YOUR Rena-chan huh?”

“Since forever~!” She quickly pounced out of her seat and right onto me, hugging me tightly while nuzzling on my neck, “… Wouldn’t it be nice if WMatsui was a real couple?”

Her warm breath tickling my neck, and her whispered words that sounded so melodious into my ear… Glancing slightly towards the mirror, my face had the colour of a tomato.

“D-Don’t be stupid, Jurina. You know girls can’t date each other,” I retaliated, trying to hold in the urge to shiver in excitement as Jurina’s warmth enveloped me.

“I know… I know that obviously,” She slowly lifted herself up and I could already feel a void in my heart… the void that is Jurina’s warm embrace, “That was just a hopeful thought,” she laughed heartily but somehow, it felt like she was actually hurt by my remark.

“J-Jurina!” I shot up, eyes widening at what my brain was making my body do as a pair of confused eyes looked at me, dying to know what I would blurt out next, “W-We… We could—"

Suddenly, a sound sounding like a vibrating phone resounded in the dressing room.

“Ah~ excuse me for a sec, Rena-chan~” She hurriedly grabbed her phone from her pocket and picked up the call. It seemed like it was Churi followed by ‘ah’s and ‘mm’s and softly spoken sentences that were inaudible.

“Oh by the way Churi!” She glanced at me with a smirk, “Mind if Rena-chan popped up too?” She suddenly pulled away from her phone as if Churi was shouting through the phone before placing it back to her ear with a shrug, followed by more ‘mm’s and the call ended right after.

“Dang… Churi’s like you in quite a lot of ways…” She gave me an annoyed look, “… Especially when you both start nagging or scolding me. Ugh.”

“Hey, you always bring it upon yourself for me to nag or scold you!”

“Sure sure. Our relationship wouldn’t be so colourful if it weren’t for you being the older sister-type while I’m the cheeky younger sister after all,” She smiled, but it was one of those hollow smiles once again.

Was she actually serious about getting into a relationship with me?

I have always been in her shadow… I have always regarded Jurina as the center of SKE48 eventhough the media or fans or anyone else saying that it’s WMatsui who are the WCenters of SKE48… Why would Jurina want me, of all people, to be… her o-other half…?

“Rena-chan. WMatsui ain’t gonna break up anytime soon right? You’re still in the game to help support SKE48 with me right?” Jurina’s voice snapped me back from my enigma.

“Yeah. Of course. And we won’t break up, Jurina,” Without a second thought, I had launched my body towards Jurina and held her hand within mine, intertwining our hands in the process while giving her my best smile, “… I mean… in a way… it’s just the beginning for us, isn’t it?”

“W-Wait… R-Rena-chan… what are you—"

“Oi~! I’m here to pick you both up to the restaurant—oooh~! Am I interrupting something you both?”

“S-Sae-san!” We both exclaimed in unison as we turned towards the door that was slammed open, revealing a boyish-looking girl.

I quickly shook Jurina’s hand off mine and leapt in front of Jurina, waving my hand to motion that nothing was going on, “Y-You got the wrong idea, Sae-san!”

“Y-Yeah!” I felt Jurina peeking out towards Sae from my back as if she was using me as a shield, “W-What Rena-chan said! Nothing was going on~! A-Ahahahahahaha~!!!”

“Sus-pi-cious~” Sae-san cupped her chin with a sly look, “Oh well~ C’mon. Let’s get going. Everyone’s waiting for WMatsui to appear.”

We both looked at each other for a moment and nodded before following Sae-san out of the dressing room.

Without realizing it, as we walked, Jurina had her arm locked onto mine the whole time… and I had never shrugged her off. Not even once. Usually I would because subtle acts like this would garner unwanted attention but… hmm…

Guess I’ve grown softer on Jurina…

Maybe this is just to thank her for cheering me up?

... Or something else...?

- - - - - -

We arrived at a traditional Japanese restaurant and upon entering it, the customers, who were surprisingly all SKE48 members, greeted me in unison in which I courteously bowed to return the greeting. I also realized was that there was a huge banner that said ‘WELCOME HOME, RENA-SAN’ hanging on the two ends of the ceiling, with confetti dangling at random places and party hats on everyone’s heads. It felt like a birthday party being thrown... for me?

“Yo Rena-san~!” Churi greeted me after squirming through the crowd and glared at Jurina momentarily that made the latter hide behind me almost immediately, “I swear… if Jurina ever pulls off a sudden celebration ever again, I’ll give her a good punch!”

“You mean this was…?”

“Jurina wanted to throw you a welcoming party. I mean, you were pretty down after the Nogisaka event weren’t you? She was afraid that you’d forget that we’re always here for you and all… your second home,” Churi blurted out with a victorious look on her face, causing Jurina to jump out from behind me and shaking Churi out of embarrassment.

“W-Why the heck did you have to tell every single bit of detail to Rena-chan, Baka Churi?!” She whined.

“It’s your fault for not giving me enough time to prepare in advance!” Churi retaliated.

“U-Uh well… at least you managed to gather most of Team E’s members…” Sae-san tried to break the arguing two up.

And I couldn’t help but laugh.

“R-Rena-chan?”

“Rena-san?”

“T-Thank you…” I said in between laughs, “Thank you very much for this, Churi,” I softened my gaze at Jurina, “Jurina, you too.”

“S-Sure…” I could see her getting embarrassed as she let go of Churi and began fiddling with her fingers.

“Come on, you’ve gotta hang out with everyone else too, Rena!” Sae-san urged as she went into the crowd, getting warm greetings.

Churi gave me a wink, “I’ll go ask for the food to be served,” and left both Jurina and I alone together once again.

“Rena-san!!! Come here!” A few loud voices yelled out to me at a table, and I could see Tani literally flailing her arms above her head to motion me to where she was.

As I was about to walk towards their table, a warm hand stopped me in my tracks and I looked over my shoulder to see a flustered Jurina.

“… This is your family alright? If you ever forget that we’re your family as well due to working with another person or another group, I’ll… I’ll be really mad with you, okay?!” Jurina gave me the adorable puppy-like look that could make anyone sympathize with her were she to have done something wrong.

I simply nodded and smiled as she let me go and I proceeded to walk away, until she yelled out four warm-sounding words that made me halt my steps when I was already near the Team E table.

“Welcome home, Rena-chan!!!”

I smiled and gestured a peace-sign to her, feeling the warm homely atmosphere surrounding me.

“I’m back!”

Offline wmatsui fanfic.

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Queen Alpha
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2015, 06:18:36 PM »
Yaaaaaahoooooooo nice fic love it heheheheheh

Welcome Rena -Chan.

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2015, 11:03:27 PM »
Very nice OS!!

Offline TeenyTae

• Member+
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2015, 11:36:01 PM »
Exams suck, but it's just that time of year when everyone gets swarmed with schoolwork.  :(
Thank you for posting this sweet one shot before your hiatus though! Good luck with everything!  :)

Offline kuro_black29

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (´∀`)♡ WmatsuixMayuki (Blackdawnindisguise)
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2015, 03:25:26 AM »
It's good to have a family other
than ur family member...warm feeling~
It good to know u have places where ur belong

Thanks for the update~
Goodluck with your studies
Live in the land of mist..nahh just kidding..
Live in the land of Wmatsui and Mayuki...
World of fantasy..World of Lalaland~

(っ´▽`)っWmatsui~Mayuki ♡ (。’∀’。)

Tend to forget things but not mah fav author and fics

Offline junchan48

• Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2015, 12:26:55 PM »
LOL
Poor Juriboy XD
However, she is always be the gentle(wo)man for the certain Matsui Rena~
That birdie girl was sooo sadist XD
Welcome home, Rena-chan^0^

Thanks for make me grinning widely(again) XD
Good luck for your exam, Misaki-chan~
I'll surely wait your next update! Fighting!

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
After a long~ three months hiatus, I'm BAAAAAAACK!!! ... Sort of. *SHOT*

I'm pretty sure as reader you'll be able to see how rusty I am after reading this Birthday OS for Matsui Rena-san, my precious Oshi of SKE48 alongside Jurina. I can't emphasise enough how much I love them equally, though my feels towards Rena-san has strengthened a lot more (so maybe I like her a teeny weeny bit more than Jurina :v) after listening and watching her last single, 'Mae no Meri'  :cry: Such a meaningful song and the WMatsui contents in it is just... FEELS EXPLOSION!!!  :panic:

Hmm what else to say... ah yes. This special OS, just because Rena-san's graduating hence I have put in extra effort as compared to Jurina's *SHOT*, has two perspectives. The first one, which is the one you'll be reading right below this 'short' post of mine, is the story from Jurina's perspective. And the second one, which will be uploaded right after this, is taken from our beloved Birthday Girl, Rena's, perspective. Both have the same outcome, but both are told differently in a way there are different conversations and different emotions going on each of their side of their story. Okay I don't know what I just said but yeah just... just read both, please.  :sweatdrop:  :bow:

I really hope they won't sound like nonsense though. I mean really, I was all "WTH AM I WRITING" halfway through.  :nervous

Please do enjoy them nonetheless as they're my comeback fanfics of sorts and do leave a comment to share your experience of reading 'em~ every comment is appreciated as they encourage me to write!  Thanks! :thumbsup

Replying time~:
@wmatsuifanfic: Thanks, Taro :D
@Minami-chan: Thanks a lot for reading! :)
@TeenyTae: I'm glad to be back in the game, sort of :P Thanks for the encouragement!
@kuro_black29: Yep! That's the moral of the story~ ;) Thank you for the encouragement!
@junchan48: Hahaha glad you enjoyed my previous OS. Thanks for waiting ever so patiently, Jun-chan. It means a lot to me   :cathappy:

Happy Birthday, Rena-chan
~ Side: Jurina ~

I had never been so conflicted in a long time... heck, probably never in my whole life!

Did I hear her wrong? I probably must have right?!

“I’m… going to confess to Rena-san, Jurina-chan.”

OF ALL PEOPLE…

… Why did it have to be one of my first crushes from childhood?! I could understand if it was her supposed-to-be other half, Airin, but… why did she even want to tell me? Whyyyyyy?!!!!!!!!!!

“Eh? C-Churi?”

“I’ve been with Rena-san pretty much every possible day after Airi graduated Jurina-chan… and I enjoyed my time with her so much that feelings surfaced and…! … You understand… right?”

Recalling my conversation with her like, just a few moments ago at the park after she insisted on meeting up with me after today’s hectic Handshake Event is torturing my exhausted soul right now… but wait…

What am I so frustrated about? To whom are these raging storm of feelings and emotions directed to anyways? My childhood crush Churi? Or…

… My irreplaceable partner, Rena-chan…?

What the heck am I thinking about?! I shouldn’t even be feeling this conflicted in the first place and take a chill pill and cool down!

“AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!” I yelled out to the tip of my lungs before diving onto my bed and slamming my head straight down onto my fluffy pillow. I lied motionless, eyes tightly closed and fists balled up until suddenly my phone vibrated in my skirt’s pocket. It was most likely a call, since it vibrated longer than how it would for just a message.

I swiftly took out my phone and swiped my phone screen naturally to pick up the call without actually looking at who called and just groggily placed the phone to my ear. I didn’t really have the mood to talk to anyone—

“Good evening, Jurina. Rena here.”

I literally pushed myself up and sat down properly on my bed, crossing my legs and sitting up straight at the sound of said person’s voice. I’m glad she wasn’t around me now otherwise she would’ve seen how ridiculous I look like right now.

“R-Rena-chan! W-What’s up?”

“Did… I call you at a wrong time? You sound rather flustered. Should I call—"

“N-No no!!” I ran my hands through my hair nervously, “I-I was uh… I wasn’t doing anything really! Probably just dozing off till my phone scared the heck outta me~! Ahahahaha~~~”

“Ah… you must’ve been really tired after the Handshake Event today huh? Good job today.”

Hearing those words with her warm-sounding voice really does lift my spirits up, “… Thanks Rena-chan, same goes to you,” I smiled, “Umm so… what’s up?”

“Oh yes. I was wondering if you were free on the 27th. I mean I umm… I saw your post on the Ameblo about wanting to come back for my Seitansai… so… well… maybe we could umm… hang out?”

That’s right, I wrote that out of emotional reasons since I was busy teaching the staff members ‘Halloween Night’s’ choreography and not to mention, other miscellaneous work… and that prevented me from attending Rena-chan’s Seitansai… the fact that even Churi was able to make it…

“Just the both of us?” I blurted out and upon realizing how that could have been misinterpreted, I facepalmed myself hard.

“O-Oh well umm… Churi will most likely join us too if you don’t mind. I mean, of course you won’t right, since you do like Churi a lot as well.”

… You make it sound like you like her a lot too Rena-chan… Huh?! Wait why the heck am I getting all jealous over Churi again? Come on, they’re BEST FRIENDS for crying out loud!!!

“Umm… I… I don’t know if I can make it Rena-chan but I’ll try. If not, just enjoy your time with Churi. Please don’t mind about me.”

“You’re… busy?”

Recalling an array of schedules jumbled up in my head, I let out a deep sigh, “… Mm. I think so.”

“I see… well just, let me know if you can make it for at least dinner yeah? At that—"

“Famous Melon pan shop that you really like that serves other Western delicacies? Got’cha.”

She giggled, “You really know me well.”

“Just as how you’ve seen me grow since I was a kid, I’ve been observing you too Rena-chan,” I smiled softly to myself.

“That’s really sweet of you, Jurina.”

“I deserve a kiss now don’t I?”

“Nope.”

“Man… you’re always playing hard to get, Rena-chan. Only towards lolis you let your guard down. It’s unfair~”

“Then return to being the feisty little kid you were, and try to get me then.”

“You wouldn’t drop your guard around me anyways.”

“That’s certainly true.”

We laughed heartily after our series of bickering. It’s been a long time since I had talked to Rena-chan like this over the phone. It brings back fond memories of the time where almost every phone call with her back when I was a kid was to annoy her and she would skilfully retort back, and it relaxes me.

“Well, I shouldn’t be bothering you now. Go get some rest. You have a busy day ahead of you tomorrow again don’t you?”

“And you’re enjoying your time doing whatever you want huh?”

“Hey I work too you know,” I could imagine her pouting all of a sudden, “… Just not as hectic as before.”

“Mmhmm. Kay well… Good night, Rena-chan. I’ll try my best to get back to you as soon as possible!”

“Sure. I… I hope you can make it.”

I closed my eyes, keeping my smile on, “… Yeah. The 27th is a big day for you after all.”

“Mm… Good night, Jurina.”

After we both hung up, my room instantly turned silent. I lied back down and rested my head back onto my pillow, setting aside my handphone and grabbed Brown Mama that was lying beside me and raised it above my head to look into its eyes, as if I were seeking for a solution to all the questions in my head, and in my heart.

Do I still have those awkward feelings towards Churi or even Rena-chan? I don’t want us to break apart if it’s because of something silly as a misdirected infatuation… We’re all girls...! Not like I mind or anything since I couldn’t care less about who my future partner’s gender would be as long as he or she accommodates and treats me well... And… and I’d rather we remain comrades in arms than rivals in love…

Setting the whole issue with Churi’s feelings aside, what should I do for Rena-chan’s birthday…? What can I do to impress her? And… what if I am unable to see her due to work?

Gosh… I’m a girl who just turned 18 not long ago and as an adolescent, this is a lot of personal stuff to take in~. Geez…

Hmm…… aah! Maybe I could…!

I jumped out of bed once more and went through my shelf of books about baking. Yeah, baking is my thing. So anyways, found the book I want which is pretty much all about baking bread and the like, and flipped the book to a place I had previously bookmarked to check what it was. Just looking at the page made me chuckle to myself.

‘Must make this for Rena-chan one day!’, huh,” I read the note that was attached to the cute cat-shaped bookmark hooked onto the page, “Guess this will do.”

I closed the book and got out of my room and headed directly to the kitchen where my mom was busy preparing for tomorrow’s breakfast.

“Ju-chan?” She looked at me with surprised eyes, “Didn’t you say you were tired?”

“Yeah but something came up,” I placed the book on the kitchen top above my oven and went to the fridge to get some of the ingredients required, “I need to bake Melon pans for a certain someone who’s crazy about it.”

“Rena-san I presume?” My mom giggled.

“Yeah…” I felt my ears heating up for some reasons, “... I-It’s her birthday on the 27th.”

“I see,” My mom quickly finished up and placed what she had prepared into the fridge, “Let me know if you need any help okay? I don’t think you’ve ever baked a Melon pan after all.”

“Sure. Thanks Mom.”

Time to bake this thing!

- - - - - -

26th of July.

Tomorrow’s Rena-chan’s birthday and I’m caught up with the Odaiba live performance! Groaning about it won’t help obviously, plus… it’d be rude for my fans if I prioritise one person over everyone else…

Aaaaargh darn it… I want to see her… I want to see her…

I WANT TO SEE RENA-CHAN!!!

“Matsui Jurina-san?”

“YES?!” I looked back angrily which shocked the staff member. Realising my behavior I quickly stood up and bowed apologetically before he briefed me that it was almost time to perform. I shrugged and got up from my seat before suddenly, Churi hurriedly came in and told the staff member to excuse the both of us for a moment.

I definitely do not like the sound of this.

“... What is it Churi? If it’s about Rena-chan it can wait till after the live--”

“Tonight I have plans with her after she’s done with her performance at the 27 hour live programme . We’re going to watch a movie with Yuria till midnight.”

“Oh… is that so. Enjoy your--”

“And after Yuria leaves, I will confess to Rena-san.”

She cut my sentence again… but… this time it shook my heart for all the wrong reasons. I know I probably looked like I just saw a ghost but still, I forced myself to meet her eyes. Her serious, unwavering eyes that was full of determination.

Churi was… serious about Rena-chan.

And with that look on her face? It looked like she was ready to cut ties with me if her plan goes wrong thanks to me.

“We’ll be at the TOHO Cinemas. I wonder if you’ll come,” I sensed a tint of provocation in Churi’s tone of voice as she said that but she still had a poker face on.

I chose to remain silent and looked downwards until she turned around and left the dressing room without me. What the heck is going on? Churi wasn’t like this… she never was. That bubbly, sometimes idiotic, sometimes sister-like presence was completely diminished since yesterday when we talked. Why…?

Just because she-- no-- even I, have succumbed to the trap called ‘love’?

… No. I won’t allow myself to give into this terrible trap that could ruin our friendship. I can put a stopcock on my inner feelings towards the both of them to prevent anyone from getting hurt… but as for Churi, I have to bring her back to her senses… it’s alright if she confesses to Rena-chan and all but knowing Rena-chan, she’d probably at a loss of words and if Churi jumps to conclusion due to her emotions, she might think Rena-chan rejected her and--

“Graaaaaahhhh!!!!” I yelled in frustration, trying to get rid of the stressful thoughts.

I let out a deep sigh and shook my whole body to warm myself up and put on my game face by slapping both my cheeks like how Rena-chan always does before leaving the dressing room, with mixed feelings and stressful thoughts bubbling up at the back of my head.

One thing I definitely knew was that I should do whatever I possibly can so that our friendship wouldn’t break up just like that.

- - - - - -

Getting home from work without realizing it, was already about 11pm. I quickly updated my Ameblo with a post about today and seeing the photos that I’ve taken with my fellow SKE48 comrades made me smile, despite having a 2-shot taken with Churi and a group shot with her in it, it didn’t seem like we had anything going on between us because I suppose, we were happy to have performed to the best of our capabilities at that moment that we just set aside our personal issues with each other just like that.

Guess that’s how strong our bonds are as members of SKE48. Working together overpowers our issues together. And I’m thankful to Churi for that.

“Crap… need to heat them Melon pans up,” I reminded myself after a short respite on my living room sofa and went to the kitchen to place the Melon pans into the oven, “Guess it’ll take a while since I just switched the oven on. I should get changed.”

I left the kitchen and went upstairs to my room to get changed into a simple red hoodie with black sports shorts and by the time I came back down, something smelled odd.

“... Why does it smell like something burn-- NO DON’T TELL ME.”

I rushed into the kitchen and quickly opened the oven door only to see the top of the Melon pans looking rather burnt due to the amount of sugar I coated onto it.

“C-Crap!!!” I quickly put on my kitchen mittens and pulled the tray out, checking if there was any Melon pans I could’ve rescued but to no avail, they were all burnt. I noticed the temperature was accidentally turned to max and my oven was the type to heat up really fast depending on the temperature set when I should’ve set it to a lower temperature and cursed myself under my breath.

I looked at my watch, I could finish a new batch hopefully in half an hour’s time to catch Rena-chan at the cinema. Alright. I quickly rolled up my sleeves, placed the burnt Melon pans to an empty plate and began baking once again.

As much as I wanted to prove to Churi I could make it, my feelings of wanting to at least express my gratitude to Rena-chan on her birthday especially after missing her Seitansai this year overpowered my pride.

I wanted to see her no matter what. When that clock strikes 12am, I want to express my feelings of gratitude, respect and love to her. I must. These feelings fueled up my desire to get these Melon pans done as soon as I possibly can.

Because this is the last year for SKE48’s Matsui Rena.

And it will be hard to meet up with her after she graduates…

With that in mind…

I won’t miss out this one last opportunity!!!

- - - - - -

Huff… huff… huff…

I cycled as fast as I could, getting a few horns at me by cars for my reckless cycling but I just needed to get to the cinema in time.

If I missed seeing her now…

Churi would take her away…

Wait! Didn’t I tell myself to put a stop on my feelings for the sake of my friends?!!

“OI! BE CAREFUL OF WHERE YOU’RE CYCLING, YOU PUNK!” A man yelled angrily at me when I almost ran into him.

“S-Sorry!!!!!!” I quickly replied and continued cycling through the busy night traffic and when I finally arrived, I ignored my bicycle and left it as it is, on the ground of the bicycle rack, and quickly ran towards the entrance of the cinema, where I witnessed a tense situation.

Churi had a serious expression plastered on her face, I couldn’t see how Rena-chan was reacting as her back was facing me but seeing what is going on…

… Guess Churi had just confessed her feelings…

I decided to break the silence by calling out to Rena-chan with a loud, energetic voice and she turned around promptly. I noticed Churi glancing towards me, a small smile forming on her lips with her eyes covered by the shadow of her bangs. Without a moment’s notice, she went up towards Rena-chan and pushed her onto me, making me catch her with a free arm while holding onto the paper bag filled with freshly home baked Melon pans.

“C-Chu-chan?!” Rena-chan looked back immediately, only to see Churi bowing briefly at her.

“Looks like I was right huh, Rena-san? As promised, I’ll take my leave.”

“Oh no you aren’t, Churi,” I voiced out, helping Rena-chan regain her balance before walking slightly ahead of her, looking at Churi who swiftly turned her back towards me.

“I don’t know what you bet with Rena-chan but this is ridiculous,” I shook my head and clenched my fists, “... Why is it that love has to ruin our friendship with each other?! Are you sure this is what Rena-chan wants right now, especially on her birthday?!!”

“J-Jurina…” I heard Rena-chan squeak out softly from behind me.

Churi didn’t say a word but just stood there, motionless, as if she was dumbfounded by what I had just said.

“I’ve done my share of thinking after you told me you would confess your feelings to Rena-chan…” I took in a deep breath before speaking my mind, “... I once had feelings for you back when I was a kid, Churi. I’m pretty sure you know I was pretty smitten with you even till recently whenever people tend to ask me who I’d love to date were I to be a guy.”

She had no response, but I continued anyways.

“... Also at the same time… there was that other person in my life who’s both a sister figure and my one and only true rival from the beginning of my life in SKE48 who I just fell head over heels for without realizing it. Sure, I’ll be honest that it pained me to hear her announce her graduation and I was rather miserable the period of time right after that, but... I want her to be happy. And I already knew since day one that she wouldn’t be by my side forever no matter how much I wished for that to happen,” I looked at Rena-chan in the eyes and she had a faint shade of red forming on her cheeks, which she attempted to cover by looking away from me.

“I’ll be fair and say I love you both dearly. And I don’t want my stronger feelings towards one or the other to ruin the bonds we’ve took years to cultivate! So Churi… please. Don’t make this day start off on a bad note for Rena-chan,” I begged her and bowed, shutting my eyes as tightly as I could, hoping she would turn around to face both Rena-chan and I.

Abruptly, I heard faint laughter coming from the position Churi was standing and slowly lifted myself up from the bow, only to see her laughing on with her front finally facing us.

“J-Jurina-chan you… you sure have grown…!” She said in between giggles.

“C-Churi?”

“Chu-chan…?”

“I guess…” She wiped away her tears with her thumb, “... in that retrospective, I’ve lost to you,” She nodded, “You’re right… I was so blinded by these improper yet strong feelings in me towards Rena-san I forgot what’s more important…”

“No one has lost, Churi. But… I definitely won’t let love get in the way of our friendship with each other,” I grinned.

“Mm. Thank you for opening my eyes, Jurina-chan. I really apologise for my behaviour towards the both of you. Especially to you Rena-san, since it’s your birthday…” Churi bowed apologetically.

“It’s alright, Chu-chan! You’re making it sound too serious…” Rena-chan scratched the back of her head nervously until Churi returned to her normal standing posture.

“Ack, that reminds me!” I handed the paper bag of Melon pans to Rena-chan who shot me a surprised look on her face, “Before they get too cold. Here. Happy 24th Birthday, Rena-chan!!!” I flashed her my best grin.

She took a look at the paper bag and then at me, “T-Thanks Jurina. What’s in-- E-EH?!!!” Her eyes shot wide open and her mouth agape, which was the priceless reaction I was hoping to see and she gave me a look that I could’ve swore I saw her eyes shining under the moonlight.

“M-Melon… pan?!!”

“I uh…” I fiddled with my fingers nervously, “... I kinda baked them myself. It’s my uh, second attempt ‘cuz my first attempt kinda…” I cringed at the thought of what happened at home before coming here, “... burned up. It was edible but it looked--”

“I-It’s…” Rena-chan cut my sentence but she kept staring at the pan after she had bitten on it with her sentence unfinished. I stared at her, eager to know how it tastes like in her opinion.

“Horrible…!” She laughed, shedding a tear or two while laughing, “Yet, I think this is the best Melon pan I’ve eaten in my lifetime! Ahahahaha!!!”

“Which is it?! Bad or good?!!” If there was a table to flip, I would have, after hearing such a contradicting answer from Rena-chan. Plus, why is she laughing hysterically while in tears?!

“AAAH! Stop laughing, Rena-chan!” She seemingly ignored me until I grabbed the paper bag off her hands while she continued laughing her socks off. I took a new piece of Melon pan and gave it to Churi, “Wanna try one? I made extras actually and I doubt Rena-chan could finish this whole paper bag of Melon pans if it’s ‘horrible’,” I motioned her a pout but Rena-chan was still laughing crazily.

Churi smiled at me wryly before taking the Melon pan I offered her and took a bite, “... J-Jurina-chan this is… this is really good!”

I felt my heart aflutter at Churi’s comment. On the other hand…

“Hey Rena-chan you done laughing yet?”

Apparently she stopped and managed to get a breather after a short while of bizarre, hysterical laughing out of the blue. She went up towards Churi and I before looking at me in the eyes and smiled.

“It’s obviously delicious, Pâtissier Jurina. Thank you so much. I just didn’t expect this kind of birthday gift from you this year, and the fact you’re wearing so plainly that you could blend in with the crowd, it just made me laugh,” she explained, starting to giggle away again which made me roll my eyes in response.

“Yeah yeah, you’re welcome,” I shrugged before turning around, “I’m going home now. Another hectic day awaits for me tomorrow but I’ll try to make it for dinner with you both yeah?”

Churi called out to me, “D-Don’t you want to spend time with Rena-san too tonight? I’m staying over at her pla--”

I raised my hand and waved it slightly before tucking both hands into the pockets on my hoodle, gesturing it was okay as I walked towards the bicycle rack, until I felt a force from behind, and a weight clinging onto me from behind.

“... Jurina… there’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you… I wanted to save it for tomorrow because I thought we wouldn’t be able to meet today... ” I heard her whisper softly but still in an audible tone of voice as she grabbed onto the fabric of my hoodie from behind, burying her head comfortably onto my back.

“Then can’t it wait till tomorrow?” I whispered back, slowly twisting my head backwards only to be stopped by Rena’s hand that forced me to keep my head looking in front..

“Don’t look at me right now... “ She sighed, “... You see Jurina… I… I li--”

I cut her off, “Thanks Rena-chan. I think I know what you’re about to say,” a wry smile formed unknowingly on my lips, “But as I said previously to Churi… let’s remain as close friends and enjoy our remaining time together as partners till you graduate and of course, maintain our friendship even after you leave, okay?”

I felt her lift her head off my back but her hands still clasping tightly onto my hoodie, “I really wonder what has gotten into you Jurina. At the surprise party, you thanked me professionally when I expected a hug from you like everyone else. And now, you’re… you’re so different that I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing.”

“I guess it’s maturity kicking in, Rena-chan. I can’t stay the hot-blooded ‘kid’ I’ve always been with you always keeping me in check you know,” I chuckled awkwardly, earning a light whack on my back.

“Don’t sound so self-conceited, idiot,” she chuckled softly as well, “... But this ‘new’ Jurina, I like her a lot too.”

I felt heat rising to my cheeks and quickly pulled my hood over my head before clearing my throat, “M-Mm. A-Anyways, I’m leaving--”

“Jurina,” she grabbed my hand hard and pulled me twirling around to face her and… and…

… Pecked me on the lips.

“I owe you a kiss after all since the call last night,” she winked, “If I were the one spinning you in KissDatte I’d do a pretty good job, don’t you think?”

I blushed, “Y-Yeah yeah w-whatever!” I quickly ran towards my bicycle and straightened it up before getting onto it, “H-Happy birthday once again, Rena-chan! Enjoy the rest of your night with Churi…!”

She smiled brightly and waved at me, “Thank you, Jurina! See you tomorrow!”

“Alright!” I exclaimed one final time before pedaling away right after, touching my lips that had just met Rena-chan’s soft, Melon pan-tasting ones and I couldn’t help but grin all the way home.

I wonder if everything that has transpired tonight has left a memorable mark in Rena-chan’s memory?

Because I really hope it does.

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
And so I present to you, Rena's take on her B'day OS  :lol: Oh right, I didn't mention it in J's take of the story but yes there's a loooooot of dialogue in this 2-Version OS. Please bare with 'em  :bow:

Ah yes yes, I should take the chance to talk about my ongoing fic, Indestructible Fire. Yes well, an update will HOPEFULLY be posted soon because I'm still rather unhappy with how it is at the moment but hopefully I can get an update up before July ends. For all you reader out there who's still supporting this weird fic of mine, I really thank you for your patience. I just hope I'm able to deliver. ><

That aside, please enjoy and do leave a comment~ thanks!  :thumbsup

Happy Birthday, Rena-chan
~ Side: Rena ~

Soon, I’ll be 24 years of age. Time really does fly…

After I had announced my graduation, it felt like a huge burden had been lifted up from my shoulders but despite that, seeing all the people around me who played a huge part of my life success till today crying because of me, it sort of pained me inside. But I am sure they still mean well and want me to succeed even if I’m not a member of SKE48 anymore.

If I could name the people who were really shaken by my sudden announcement, I would say both Jurina and Masana… both of them, including me, are the only remaining first generation members after all. Especially for Jurina… I’m an irreplaceable existence in her life as she has told me numerous times these recent years. She took it the hardest since she apparently has been crying out of emotional distress and even during the 'Coquettish Juutai Chuu' Handshake Event she ended up crying until I needed to be by her side to consult her.

Churi knew about my announcement in advance but chose to remain smiling as ever, though when we filmed ‘Mae no Meri’, guess she couldn’t keep up smiling all the time… same goes to everyone else… and Jurina.

Jurina huh… I DID accidentally somewhat confess my feelings towards her during that ANN special that night but I’ve always been thinking if I actually liked her more than what I meant on the surface…

But then there’s Churi who has been really close to me these days to the point I have already named her my best friend who would always be there to give me a shoulder to lean on. I really like her too but… what kind of like is really questionable now…

I would say the same for Airin but we haven’t been meeting up as of late so… hmmmmm…

Suddenly, my phone broke me out of my enigma and I quickly picked it up, noting who the caller was.

“Chu-chan?”

“Yaho~ Rena-san!” Hearing her bubbly-sounding voice instantly made me smile in response.

“Anything the matter?”

“Well~ I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies tomorrow after work. It’s been a long time since we’ve caught a late night movie~ Yuria suggested it actually!”

“Sure! That sounds like a great idea. I’m surprised Yuria was the one who suggested it though.”

“Apparently she wants to talk to you about some things personally plus, catch the movie we have decided on~”

“What movie are we watching?”

“It’s-a-se-cret~” Churi teased with her bird-like voice.

“Geez… Churi you’re such a meanie you know?” I pouted.

“Oooh~ That rhymes!” She laughed heartily over the phone.

“I’m hanging up!”

“N-No wait w-wait!” She controlled her laughter as quickly as she could and exhaled deeply before continuing, “R-Rena-san… umm… this is going to sound weird but do you have someone you like?”

If I were drinking water at that point of time I probably would’ve sprayed it out. But instead, I choked really hard, “W-What?!! Chu-chan! I’m still a part of SKE48 you know?!”

“Oh come on of course I know that! I mean… umm… gosh I knew it’ll sound weird…” She let out a sigh.

“Spill it.”

“Okay okay! I meant like… u-us members! I-Is there anyone you fancy?”

“Hmm? Yeah plenty. Though you know me... they’re mostly new kids like Rara-chan and--”

“... I meant really ‘like’... like you know… Kojima Haruna-san and Oshima Yuko-san? I heard rumours they’re actually together in private…  like… together ‘together’,” she whispered in a secretive tone though knowing full well we’re on the phone.

“You mean if I have someone I umm… like ‘like’ of the same gender?”

“M-Mmm.”

What a question to ask Churi. I wonder what has gotten into her… but this is interesting so maybe I should do this.

“Well~” I placed an index finger on my chin, smirking away, “If I were to like ‘like’ someone, it’d most probably be you, Chu-chan~.”

“H-Hey! I’m being extremely serious here, Rena-san!!!” I could imagine her flailing her free arm around like a kid who just got bullied and that made me laugh.

“Sorry sorry!”  I exclaimed, trying to contain a laugh that accidentally burst out of my lips but I managed to calm down slightly after, “I… I don’t know if I have anyone I ‘like’ that way to be honest. I mean… I had. But I kind of let those feelings go alrea--”

“It’s Jurina-chan isn’t it?”

I choked on her statement.

“I’m right aren’t I?”

“... Tell me how you could resist her charms back then during Kataomoi and KissDatte please, and I was still considered a growing adolescent at the time, so you can’t blame me for having haywire feelings towards whichever gender. Not only that… she’s always been clinging to me back when we were in the same Team… so it just… happened,” I explained and slumped back onto my sofa to relax my tensed muscles.

“Why did you give those feelings up?” Churi’s tone of voice turned serious all of a sudden.

I slowly shut my eyes to shield my sight from the blinding light shining directly at my face, “... Huh? Why should I continue them? We’re both girls. We’re ages apart. And…” I let out a puff of air, “... I don’t think Jurina’s into that. She may be the infamous kissing monster but she’s still a normal, straight young adolescent in the entertainment business.”

“You never know Rena-san… especially if you don’t make it transparent or ask.”

“I did! I mean.. I didn’t mean to but didn’t I accidentally blurt it out on ANN that night?”

“And boy was Jurina-chan happy about that. Yes, you did. But it just seemed like a normal ‘like’ or in the eyes of the fans, long-awaited ‘WMatsui fanservice’. I mean, didn’t Jurina-chan note that it would make the fans happy because of your answer or something?”

I groaned in defeat.

“Rena-san I…” She mumbled to herself before I heard a ‘pak!’ sound on the phone which sounded like a slap, “... S-Sorry. This whole conversation got kinda muddy huh?”

“... Yeah. What’s wrong Chu-chan? You know you can tell me anything you want in your mind if it’s seriously bothering you…” I was concerned for her.

“I-It’s nothing… Ah right…! Let’s have dinner on the 27th! Your restaurant of choice!” Her glum-sounding voice suddenly sparked up energetically which worried me a lot.

“S-Sure… I’ll tell you which restaurant after the movies tomorrow? And umm…” I glanced to the side to check the time on my clock on the wall near my kitchen area, “... you don’t mind if I invite someone else do you?”

There was a brief pause and I could sense Churi’s hesitance but she agreed at the end and we bidded farewells and good nights to each other before hanging up. I am really worried about Churi… just what was on her mind when she began trailing off to discuss about love matters with me?

… Not to mention… the feelings I had for Jurina that I sealed deep into the depths of my heart, never to resurface, is starting to want to burst out again thanks to that…

“This won’t do,” I massaged my temple to 'wake' myself up and proceeded to dial Jurina up.

Probably talking to her would help in pushing the feelings back down.

“Good evening, Jurina. Rena here.”

“R-Rena-chan! W-What’s up?”  She sounded rather flustered. Maybe I caught her at an inconvenient time?

“Did… I call you at a wrong time? You sound rather flustered. Should I call—"

“N-No no!! I-I was uh… I wasn’t doing anything really! Probably just dozing off till my phone scared the heck outta me~! Ahahahaha~~~”

I raised my eyebrow suspiciously at her comment but didn’t bother to press on, “Ah… you must’ve been really tired after the Handshake Event today huh? Good job today.”

“… Thanks Rena-chan, same goes to you. Umm so… what’s up?”

“Oh yes. I was wondering if you were free on the 27th. I mean I umm… I saw your post on the Ameblo about wanting to come back for my Seitansai… so… well… maybe we could umm… hang out?” I curled my locks around my index finger mindlessly, kind of hoping for a positive answer from Jurina.

“Just the both of us?”

“O-Oh well umm…” I gulped, feeling rather nervous all of a sudden, “Churi will most likely join us too if you don’t mind,” I looked at a photo frame on a coffee table right next to where I was sitting which had Jurina, Churi and I back then after the end of the first season of SKE48 Magical Radio Show and smiled, “I mean, of course you won’t right, since you do like Churi a lot as well.”

“Umm… I… I don’t know if I can make it Rena-chan but I’ll try. If not, just enjoy your time with Churi. Please don’t mind about me.”

That answer made me frown involuntarily, “You’re… busy?”

“… Mm. I think so.”

“I see…” I shrugged, “Well, just let me know if you can make it for at least dinner yeah? At that—"

“Famous Melon pan shop that you really like that serves other Western delicacies? Got’cha.”

I giggled, “You really know me well.”

“Just as how you’ve seen me grow since I was a kid, I’ve been observing you too Rena-chan.”

My lips formed a smile at her comment, “That’s really sweet of you, Jurina.”

“I deserve a kiss now don’t I?”

“Nope,” I deadpanned. Such a playful kissing monster she has always been.

“Man… you’re always playing hard to get, Rena-chan. Only towards lolis you let your guard down. It’s unfair~”

“Then return to being the feisty little kid you were, and try to get me then,” I smirked.

“You wouldn’t drop your guard around me anyways.”

“That’s certainly true.”

It was nice to laugh so merrily after bickering with her when we haven’t done so in such a long time. She really can get rid of the annoying problems in my head even if it’s for a fleeting moment, and I’m glad I have her as a support for this.

Looking at the time once again, it seemed like time to call it a day, “Well, I shouldn’t be bothering you now. Go get some rest. You have a busy day ahead of you tomorrow again don’t you?”

“And you’re enjoying your time doing whatever you want huh?”

“Hey I work too you know,” I pouted, “… Just not as hectic as before.”

“Mmhmm. Kay well… Good night, Rena-chan. I’ll try my best to get back to you as soon as possible!” She said in a cheerful tone of voice.

“Sure. I…” I clenched my fist eagerly, ”I hope you can make it.”

“… Yeah. The 27th is a big day for you after all.”

“Mm… Good night, Jurina.”

All I could do now was pray she could make it… I had something to tell her that would relieve a huge burden off my shoulders before I graduate.

Which is my awkward feelings towards her.

- - - - - -

Today’s the day right before my birthday and I have work with AKB48 for the 27Hour TV programme. After our performance, we were allowed to either stay on to watch other artistes perform or return home but right after I changed into my casual wear, I was surprised when Takamina-san stood in front of my dressing room door with a cake and gathered everyone who was present to perform that day to celebrate my birthday in advance. I’m really touched by their actions and wishes too. We had our photos taken as a group and shared the delicious cake slightly after.

“Welcome to being 24 like me, Rena!” Takamina-san laughed after we had taken a photo together, “Though it’s still a day earlier, so I guess you can still enjoy a few hours left as a 23-year-old.”

It’s actually still hard to believe such a huge presence in the history of the 48 Group being the same age as you. I respect Takamina-san a lot, as both a leader and a Senpai that gave both Jurina and I advice when we needed it back when we were still green.

“Thanks a lot, Takamina-san.”

“Unfortunately Jurina and the other SKE48 Senbatsu members aren’t here huh,” She crossed her arms, frowning as if it was on my behalf.

I shook my head, “It’s alright. Jurina and the others did their best at the Odaiba live and that’s more important. For the sake of the fans.”

“Heh, that’s rather humble of you,” She grinned and gave me a light smack on my shoulder, “Anyways, great job today! See ya around~”

“You too, Takamina-san!” I bowed briefly before leaving the premises and taking our designated cab directly to the cinema to meet up with Churi and Yuria.

- - - - - -

“Thanks for today, Rena-hyon! Churi-san, you too!” Yuria bowed.

“No problem~! I’m glad you didn’t mind coming with us!” Churi said happily.

Yuria greeted me "Happy Birthday" in advance as she had to leave due to a curfew that was given to her by her parents that particular day and gave me a small boxed present. She had also thanked me for being a good senpai to her despite the fact I had weirded her out till the point of trauma and she did apologise for the exaggeration made. But I in response, apologized about that since… it IS sort of weird to see a senpai ramming her forehead at a metal bar of a costume rack before a performance…

She left shortly after, leaving both Churi and I alone at the entrance of the cinema.

“So… shall we go--”

“B-Before we go,” I looked confusedly at Churi who just cut me off, “... There’s something I want to tell you, Rena-san.”

“Whoa what’s with the serious mood, Chu-chan?” My face that was filled with smiles turned solemn after noticing how serious Churi looked like at that point of time. Just what could it be that made her turn from a cheery bird to a… a serious… eagle…?

“Rena-san I…” She took a deep breath, “... I have feelings for you!”

My mind went blank.

Like literally… blank. I felt my heart skip a beat and I just didn’t know what was going on around me at that split moment. I didn’t know what to say. I just felt numb.

“I-I’m sorry… if this is too sudden…”

I see now… no wonder she asked if I liked anyone currently…

“... I don’t expect to hear your answer now…”

But Takayanagi Akane is my best friend, above anything else…

“However… if Jurina-chan comes when the clock strikes 12am… I’ll give up on these feelings of mine.”

“... W-What did you just… say…?” That last statement snapped me out of it.

“There’s five minutes left till 12 am I right? If Jurina-chan pops out of nowhere before 12am, I will give up on my feelings towards you. This is something I decided for myself when I made the decision to confess to you today, Rena,” She lowered her head, hands balled up into fists and I could notice her trembling.

I really didn’t know what to do at that moment… my whole body didn’t respond to me. It didn’t want to move when my mind thought of moving towards Churi. I wanted to voice out whatever that was jumbled up in my mind and yet my lips stayed shut.

I wasn’t sure what she meant by Jurina coming as well… though everything came together when said person broke our momentary silence with her ever energetically loud voice.

“Rena-chan!”

I turned around to look at the source of the voice. She had beads of sweat dripping down her face and her hair was messed up. She was breathing rather heavily too, still trying to regain her composure.

When I was about to say her name, Churi pushed me onto said person, but thankfully due to her fast reflexes, she caught me with a free arm.
“C-Chu-chan?!” I looked back immediately, only to see Churi bowing briefly at me.

“Looks like I was right huh, Rena-san? As promised, I’ll take my leave.”

“Oh no you aren’t, Churi,” Jurina voiced out demandingly, helping me regain my balance before walking slightly ahead of me, looking at Churi who had swiftly turned her back towards us.

“I don’t know what you bet with Rena-chan but this is ridiculous,” she shook her head and clenched her fists, “... Why is it that love has to ruin our friendship with each other?! Are you sure this is what Rena-chan wants right now, especially on her birthday?!!”

“J-Jurina…” I squeaked her name out softly from behind her, surprised at her comment. Jurina was spot on though… I definitely didn’t want all this to happen… not today...

Churi didn’t respond and instead just stood there as if she was dumbfounded by Jurina’s words.

“I’ve done my share of thinking after you told me you would confess your feelings to Rena-chan…” she took in a deep breath, “... I once had feelings for you back when I was a kid, Churi. I’m pretty sure you know I was pretty smitten with you even till recently whenever people tend to ask me who I’d love to date were I to be a guy.”

Jurina paused briefly to see if Churi had any response, but no, she didn’t react whatsoever, causing Jurina to continue talking her mind.

“... Also at the same time… there was that other person in my life who’s both a sister figure and my one and only true rival from the beginning of my life in SKE48 who I just fell head over heels for without realizing it. Sure, I’ll be honest that it pained me to hear her announce her graduation and I was rather miserable the period of time right after that, but... I want her to be happy. And I already knew since day one that she wouldn’t be by my side forever no matter how much I wished for that to happen.”

She looked at me with such warmth in her orbs that it just made me blush unconsciously. Feeling the heat rise on my cheeks, I quickly looked away from her.

“I’ll be fair and say I love you both dearly. And I don’t want my stronger feelings towards one or the other to ruin the bonds we’ve took years to cultivate! So Churi… please. Don’t make this day start off on a bad note for Rena-chan,” Jurina bowed right after she ended her sentence. I looked on towards Churi, hoping she would finally turn back to face us. That was when I saw Churi’s body language that made her look like she was laughing and lo and behold, she started laughing at our direction, causing Jurina to rise from her bow.

“J-Jurina-chan you… you sure have grown…!” She said in between giggles.

“C-Churi?”

“Chu-chan…?”

“I guess…” She wiped away her tears with her thumb, “... in that retrospective, I’ve lost to you,” She nodded, “You’re right… I was so blinded by these improper yet strong feelings in me towards Rena-san I forgot what’s more important…”

“No one has lost, Churi. But… I definitely won’t let love get in the way of our friendship with each other.”

“Mm. Thank you for opening my eyes, Jurina-chan. I really apologise for my behaviour towards the both of you. Especially to you Rena-san, since it’s your birthday…” Churi bowed apologetically but the moment she rose up, she had the look of relief flashing across her face which was reassuring to see.

“It’s alright, Chu-chan! You’re making it sound too serious…” I scratched the back of my head nervously.

“Ack, that reminds me!” Jurina, at the spur of the moment, handed me a paper bag and that made me look at her in surprise, “Before they get too cold. Here. Happy 24th Birthday, Rena-chan!!!” She grinned widely at me.

I glanced at the paper bag and then right back at Jurina, feeling rather speechless at the sudden turn of events, “T-Thanks Jurina. What’s in-- E-EH?!!!”
I couldn’t believe my eyes and I knew my jaw dropped when I saw my beloved food in the paper bag. Its heavenly scent, slowly drifting into my nostrils, filling me up with happiness inside.

“M-Melon… pan?!!”

“I uh…” I returned to look at Jurina, fiddling with her fingers nervously, “... I kinda baked them myself. It’s my uh, second attempt ‘cuz my first attempt kinda…” she cringed, “... burned up.”

I took a bite while she was busy explaining and…...

“It was edible but it looked--”

“I-It’s…” I knew that curious pair of puppy-like eyes were on me.

“Horrible…!” I burst out laughing, tears of joy just seeped out of my eyes without realising it, “Yet, I think this is the best Melon pan I’ve eaten in my lifetime! Ahahahaha!!!”

“Which is it?! Bad or good?!!”

I’ve eaten tons of Melon pans to know that this is made by an amateur. But for Jurina to have gone out of her comfort zone and bake Melon pans for the first time for me for my 24th birthday is just sweet and touching that I kept help but tear up a little because of it. If anything, this was baked by the one and only, Matsui Jurina… and in my book, this is the best Melon pan I have eaten… it’s made with all her heart and soul, and I can feel that. It isn’t like all the commercial Melon pans I’ve eaten that taste really good but yet they’re made for thousands and thousands of people…

Jurina’s first and second attempt of making Melon pans have been made for me… and she allowed me to try them first.

“AAAH! Stop laughing, Rena-chan!” She suddenly grabbed the paper bag off my hands and that made me try my very best to stop laughing to hide the touched tears that were continuously flowing.

“Hey Rena-chan you done laughing yet?”

I finally stopped and managed to calm down once I saw Churi with a piece of Jurina’s homemade Melon pan. Seeing Churi munch down on it bite after bite with a satisfied smile on her face just shows how good it actually tastes despite the amateurism. I shot Jurina a smile when I walked up to the both of them.

“It’s obviously delicious, Pâtissier Jurina. Thank you so much. I just didn’t expect this kind of birthday gift from you this year, and,” I scanned her from top to bottom, “the fact you’re wearing so plainly that you could blend in with the crowd, it just made me laugh,” I started to giggle away again after making up an excuse to cover my actual reason for laughing so hard.

“Yeah yeah, you’re welcome,” she shrugged before turning around, “I’m going home now. Another hectic day awaits for me tomorrow but I’ll try to make it for dinner with you both yeah?”

“D-Don’t you want to spend time with Rena-san too tonight? I’m staying over at her pla--”

She had already started to walk away coolly but raised her hand and waved it slightly to gesture we can go on without her when Churi called out to her. I looked at Churi and she just nodded at me, mouthing a “Go!” that made me dash towards Jurina, pushing myself onto her from behind.

“... Jurina… there’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you… I wanted to save it for tomorrow because I thought we wouldn’t be able to meet today... ” I spoke softly, grabbing onto the fabric of her soft, red hoodie, burying my head comfortably onto her  back.

“Then can’t it wait till tomorrow?” She whispered back tenderly, and before she could turn her head around to see me, stopped her with my hands and turned her head back to the front.

“Don’t look at me right now... “ I sighed and let my arms fall to my side, “... You see Jurina… I… I li--”

“Thanks Rena-chan. I think I know what you’re about to say,” she cut me off, “But as I said previously to Churi… let’s remain as close friends and enjoy our remaining time together as partners till you graduate and of course, maintain our friendship even after you leave, okay?”

If my memory serves me right… countless rumours throughout the years have been spread about Jurina’s crush on me despite proclaiming her undying love for Churi, which she definitely affirmed a moment ago. Yet now… now she had rather have friendship triumph anything else eventhough I gave her a chance. Eventhough I just wanted to test her resolve to see if it can be shaken.

Jurina... you really have grown as Churi said... haven’t you?

I lift my head off her back, and placed my hands back onto her hoodie, tightening my grip, “I really wonder what has gotten into you Jurina. At the surprise party, you thanked me professionally when I expected a hug from you like everyone else. And now, you’re… you’re so different that I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing.”

“I guess it’s maturity kicking in, Rena-chan. I can’t stay the hot-blooded ‘kid’ I’ve always been with you always keeping me in check you know,” She chuckled awkwardly, making me whack her lightly on a whim.

“Don’t sound so self-conceited, idiot,” I chuckled, “... But this ‘new’ Jurina, I like her a lot too.”

She pulled her hood over her head and cleared her throat immediately after my statement. I guess she’s embarrassed by it? Haha… she’s still so adorable when she’s all flustered up like that.

“M-Mm. A-Anyways, I’m leaving--”

“Jurina,” I called out to her commandingly, there was a reward I wanted to give her after seeing how valiant she acted today. I tugged onto her hand hard and spun her around to face me and gave her a peck on the lips. No matter how I try to deny it, she WAS my first kiss way back when, so another kiss wouldn’t hurt, especially if it is to thank a renowned kissing monster.

“I owe you a kiss after all since the call last night,” I winked, “If I were the one spinning you in KissDatte I’d do a pretty good job, don’t you think?”

I could see her blushing furiously despite the fact she was trying to hide her face complexion under the shadow of her hood, all thanks to the light from the lamp post at the bicycle rack area, “Y-Yeah yeah w-whatever!”

She quickly ran towards her bicycle and straightened it up before getting onto it, “H-Happy birthday once again, Rena-chan! Enjoy the rest of your night with Churi…!”

I returned a smile to her and waved, “Thank you, Jurina! See you tomorrow! Be careful!”

“Alright!” Her voice slowly trailed off as she pedaled away from my sight.

- - - - - -

I relaxed my shoulders and went back to where Churi was waiting for me and she was hugging onto my paper bag of Melon pans, giving me a silly grin on her face.

“W-What?” I asked, feeling uncomfortable as if she was teasing me.

“Nah~ I just thought that I should’ve finished up these delicious Melon pans since you were being so dishonest to Jurina-chan from the get go~”

“Leave them alone!” I tried to snatch the paper bag off Churi’s hands but she kept evading my attempts at doing so, “H-Hey! They’re my birthday presents!”

“And they’re my snacks~” Churi stuck out her tongue, “If you wanna save your precious Melon pans, you have to chase after me first~!”

Churi begun running off, “W-Why you… C-Chu-chan, get back here!!!!!!”

“Happy birthday Rena-san~!!!!!” Churi yelled out a few ways ahead of me as I ran after her, a smile forming on my face.

“You’ll be sorry you’re doing this once we’re back at my place, Takayanagi Akane!!!!!!”

What an eventful start to my first day of being 24-years-old.

And it wouldn’t have happened without my precious best friend and my one and only partner who has been by my side since the start of my idol career.
Though it was a rocky start due to a problem called ‘love’,

I thank God it didn’t turn out for the worst.

What if Jurina didn’t come? Would I have decided to date Churi after I came to my sense? Or would I have rejected her due to my lingering feelings towards Jurina? … What if Jurina ended up fighting Churi over me at that moment instead of her blurting out words of wisdom?

Those were questions that remained in my head the remainder of the night as Churi slept soundly beside me. I just couldn’t help ponder about the possibilities of other outcomes but…

… I’m glad this is the best ending-- no-- beginning, to the 24-year-old me.

Offline Raizel

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Beat Faster for Fanfiction
I really miss you Misaki-san..  :cry: I miss your story.. :w00t:
I can't say anything about your OS birthday for Rena-chan, Its great.. :inlove:
And I will always waiting for your fanfic.. :twothumbs

Offline junchan48

• Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3
I...Speechless.
I'll take the comment spot first, senpai.
Because for now, I just can say 'woaaaaaah'
I'll give my comment tomorrow, for sure!
Thanks for updating this fic, senpai^^

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
I really miss you Misaki-san..  :cry: I miss your story.. :w00t:
I can't say anything about your OS birthday for Rena-chan, Its great.. :inlove:
And I will always waiting for your fanfic.. :twothumbs

Haha thanks for being patient with my works, and for taking the time to read them!  :)

I...Speechless.

You're most welcome in advance  :lol:

Offline junchan48

• Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3

[/quote]
I...Speechless.

You're most welcome in advance  :lol:
[/quote]

Thank you, senpai :hee:
Well. I speechless in a good way, of course :wahaha:
I giggling, even laughing in many parts here :ondick:
Such a heartwarming story. Jurina is surely grow up here :farofflook:
And I love the 'Rena peck Jurina's lips' part, that was so cuteeeeeeeee :luvluv2:

Thanks again for this fic, Misaki-senpai :kneelbow:
I love it :luvluv1:
I'll wait another fic from you! :prayers:

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
Re: Misaki's OS/Random Drabble Page :) - Update: MaYuki OS (26/11/15)
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2015, 04:35:39 AM »
I never EVER thought I'd attempt doing this but here's my very first MAYUKI OS for you lot out there who loves this pair~  :cow:

First of all, this fic was heavily inspired by this YouTube vid:

with some of my own changes to how the story goes. But basically the idea was from there and so a hugeeee shoutout to whoever made the vid! You're awesome!  :thumbsup

I honestly wanted to try something other than WMatsui to kickstart my writing momentum after pausing for a bit due to... life.  :yawn: Been writing essays after essays no thanks to deadlines for my courseworks soooo yeah. It's nice to shift gears to writing fanfics before going back to boring but important essays and before I even think of updating Indestructible Fire in a half-baked manner ><

Alright. I'm done with what I wanna say. I really hope you guys will enjoy this OS~  :heart:

P.S. For those of you who are keeping up with Indestructible Fire, don't worry, there will definitely be updates on it in December. This I can promise. :) See you guys then~

Replying time~: 

@junchan48: I really hope you wouldn't mind a MaYuki fic for once ;)

Love At First Sight?

Her sweet smile…

Her cool demeanor…

Her awkward attempts at hiding her reactions when she’s really surprised…!

“Ahhhhhhh~! I wish she was mine!!!”

*WHACK*

A loud whack of a book followed by a few stares resounded through the quiet library. The girl whose head was given a rough treatment quickly rubbed it in hopes of easing the pain to no avail groaned in pain before giving her assailant a displeased pout.

“… That really hurt, Yuko…”

“Well, it’s your fault that you had to literally let your inner wet thoughts out loud in a quiet place like the library, Watanabe Mayu-san,” Yuko shook her head and sighed.

“I-I’M SO NOT THINKING ABOUT WET—"

*WHACK*

“QUIET DOWN FOR GOSH SAKES!” Yuko unintentionally yelled at Mayu, quickly standing up and bowed apologetically for the noise they were causing that earned them a few more stares that quickly stopped after her apologies and thankfully the librarian stopped in her tracks from a few tables away from them, gesturing at Yuko for her to stay quiet, in which she returned an apologetic nod before sitting back down.

Placing the book she used to whack her poor friend back onto the table quietly, she turned her body slightly to her friend who had her whole face planted down onto the table as if she was horribly depressed and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Look,” Yuko started, speaking in a quieter voice, “You should just go straight up confess to her already. I’m fed up seeing you like this ever since ‘that fateful day’.”

“But—"

“So this was the source of the noise huh?” Another girl appeared from behind them, placing a hand each on their shoulders, surprising Yuko. She had a Cheshire grin plastered on her face.

Yuko looked at the head that quickly went in the middle of her and Mayu, “J-Jurina?!”

“Hey, Yuko-senpai~” Jurina grinned, “Is it about Mayu’s love at first sight again?”

“What do you think?” Yuko sighed and Mayu just let out a frustrated groan with her face still on the table, obviously giving Jurina the answer she had expected to hear which made her smirk. Yuko noticed this.

“That look on your face…” Yuko had a glint of suspicion in her eyes now, “… You… have something you want to share with us?”

Jurina pushed herself upwards to straighten herself before nodding at Yuko with a smug expression, “Yeah. To Mayu’s benefit of course.”

Mayu tilted her head slightly instead of having her whole face flat on the table now, responding to Jurina’s statement. The response that Jurina had wanted.

“I made friends with Rena-cha—uhh… Matsui Rena-chan recently. She’s apparently best friends with Kashiwagi-san,” Jurina winked, “And you know what that means.”

“… What, we ask her for help?” Yuko spoke.

Jurina snapped her fingers, gesturing Yuko was right, “Bingo~”

Mayu finally lifted herself up and sat up properly, turning slowly towards Jurina who was standing proudly behind them.

“And what makes you think she’ll take us seriously since you ‘made friends with her recently’ huh?” Yuko gave Jurina an unimpressed look.

Jurina pounded her chest hardly once, bursting with confidence, “Just trust me!” She eyed her surrounding as if she was looking for a clock somewhere, “Ah! Come on, we probably can catch Rena-chan now if we go…!”

“… Eh……” Mayu responded without an enthusiasm.

Yuko’s former unimpressed look quickly changed into an excited, grinning one when she realized how exciting things has become and quickly stood up from her seat, tugging onto the unenthusiastic Mayu.

“Mayu, it’s now or never. You better at least try rather than sit here daydreaming or heck, dreaming about lewd dreams of Kashiwagi.”

“I-I--!” Both Yuko and Jurina cut her off by putting an index finger to their lips to shush her complaint, “… F-Fine… I’m going…”

“That’s the spirit, Mayu~” Jurina said proudly to her friend who quickly shifted her gaze somewhere else in slight embarrassment and they left the library promptly after.

- - - - - -

They followed Jurina and waited at a bench near the dormitory of the university. Apparently there was a slight miscalculation on Jurina’s end and they ended up waiting for Rena a lot longer than expected, shivering as the cold, pre-Winter wind blew.

“… O-Oi oi… By the time this family member of yours comes, we’d freeze to death, Jurina!” Yuko complained, hugging herself tightly with her head hung low, hoping she’d somehow manage to get some warmth out of her actions.

“S-She’s n-not m-my f-family m-member!” Jurina struggled to speak when she was practically shivering like mad as, comparing to both Yuko and Mayu, she was wearing less than them, “… S-She’s c-coming! N-Not l-long n-now!!!”

Mayu remained quiet during her friends’ exchange which was basically complaining about the cold and about Jurina’s poorly executed plan as she contemplated how everything would turn out and whether Jurina’s ‘brilliant idea’ would really bring her to that one person who made her feel all these feelings she never thought she’d experience in university.

“A-Ah! R-Rena-chan…!” Jurina suddenly exclaimed, standing up from her seat and rushing to said person, waving frantically at her to catch her attention, “R-Rena-cha—!” She slipped on the icy pavement, earning her a fall, face down. However that was definitely effective in getting Rena over to her in a matter of seconds.

“J-Jurina!” She went over to the younger Matsui’s side and supported her back onto her feet immediately, “A-Are you okay?”

“… Y-Yeah… h-haha…” Jurina sniffed, not noticing her nose was bleeding.

“Y-Your nose…!” Rena quickly took her handkerchief out from the pocket of her pants and helped Jurina wipe off the blood, “Oh my gosh, you’re bleeding a lot…!”

“It’s nothing… don’t worry…” Jurina smiled reassuringly at Rena eventhough she kind of looked like an idiot at that moment.

“A-And you’re wearing so little clothing!” Rena noticed, “Hold the handkerchief!” In one swift motion, she had taken off her outer jacket and placed it over Jurina, the latter quickly feeling the warmth relinquishing over her. It felt so good that Jurina couldn’t help but blush at the caring gesture.

“T-Thanks, R-Rena-chan…”

“Geez…” Rena shrugged, “You’re such a handful…”

“Ehehehe…” Jurina laughed awkwardly, continuing to wipe her bloody snot off her nose.

“Uh… we’re still here you know Jurina…” Yuko suddenly spoke. Jurina totally did not realise they were already up on their feet and waiting for her to notice them to do what they came to do.

Mayu looked away from both Jurina and Rena, whispering softly to herself, “… Must be nice to have someone like that… darn you, Matsui Jurina…”

“Oh right! S-Sorry…!” Jurina returned her gaze to Rena, “Umm… this is my senior, Oshima Yuko and the other one sulking is Watanabe Mayu,” Mayu gave Jurina a death glare which was dismissed by the latter, “And you guys, this is Matsui Rena, a friend and senior of mine from the society I’m in.”

They both greeted her briefly and the latter did the same.

“So? What’s the occasion?” Rena asked.

“Well,” Yuko started and pointed at Mayu, “This kid here wants to hook up with your best friend and we need your help.”

“H-HEY!” Mayu was about to start shouting until she realized how strong Rena’s presence and impression of her was at the back of her mind and mild down, “… D-Don’t put it so bluntly, Yuko… senpai.”

Yuko was already holding back a laughter when she saw that drastic change in Mayu’s behavior all because of Rena.

“That’s basically it, Rena-chan,” Jurina smiled awkwardly.

“Hehh… so you’re her…” Rena cupped her chin in amusement, looking at Mayu who couldn’t even look into Rena’s eyes.

“Hmm? What do you mean by that?” Yuko asked, suspiciously earning her a shake of a head from Rena.

“It’s nothing,” Rena smiled, “Anyways… regarding Yuki… seeing how Watanabe-san here doesn’t speak much… I don’t know if I want to help her or not.”

Mayu’s eyes widened, looking into Rena’s amused orbs.

“I mean, it’s like your friends are acting as your mediators. I don’t know if I ever want to recommend someone like you to Yuki,” Rena continued with her sharp intimidations, hoping Mayu would react to them in the way a desperate person would.

“… Y-Yeah… maybe Kashiwagi-san deserves more huh…”

“OI!!!” Jurina and Yuko exclaimed in unison and Rena couldn’t believe that Mayu proved her wrong.

Yuko gave a hard smack on Mayu’s back, “Are you stupid?!”

Mayu just let out a sigh.

Rena giggled, “Many have asked for my help to get Yuki’s attention actually… all of them were desperate, they irritated me. But you, Watanabe-san…” Mayu slowly looked up into Rena’s eyes, “… You’re interesting. I think I’ll help you.”

“W-WHAT?!” Again, Jurina and Yuko exclaimed in unison at how everything is turning out.

Mayu’s lifeless eyes was brought to life with hope within that instance. It was as if all the negativity in her had been casted away.

“But really. You better work on that negativity issue of yours. I’d hate to see Yuki falling into the sea of despair if she does end up with you. Promise me that,” Rena said in a stern voice despite having an amused smile apparently formed on her lips.

“Y-Yeah. O-Okay!” Mayu nodded.

“Jurina. Oshima-san. I’ll need to be alone with Watanabe-san now. Is that okay with the both of you?”

The two quietly nodded at Rena’s question.

“Good,” Rena smiled, “Now Wata—Mayu-chan. Follow me.”

“U-Uh, right! Sure!” Mayu followed behind Rena.

Jurina snapped out of her momentary daze due to the pace of how everything was happening and called out to Rena, “R-Rena-chan, your handkerchief! A-And your jacket!!!”

“Return them to me the next time you see me! And clean my handkerchief!” Rena responded back with a cool wave without turning back and slowly disappeared from the sights of both Jurina and Yuko, along with Mayu who was walking behind her.

“… Ya think she’ll be fine with her, Jurina?”

“Yeah! Of... course...! Eh... Ehehehehe... he.”

- - - - - -

At the cafeteria…

“… So… uh… what are we doing here, Matsui-senpai?”

“Rena would do, since you’re friends with Jurina.”

Mayu massaged the back of her neck awkwardly, “O-Oh… umm… s-sure.”

“Let’s see…” Rena had a playful look on her face as she raised an index finger to her chin to observe her surroundings. She spotted a seat near the windows, “Let’s go over there.”

Not knowing where this is going, Mayu had no choice but to follow Rena’s command as obediently as she could.

As Mayu was about to take the seat opposite of Rena, Rena stopped her, “I want you to massage me please?”

“H-Huh?” Mayu looked at Rena confused.

“Give me a massage. And I’ll tell you some things about Yuki while you’re doing so.”

“O… kay…?”

Mayu was confused at her senior’s commands now but just went on ahead with her words anyways. She stood behind her, leaning down slightly to massage her senior’s considerably stiff shoulders. Though in the process, she had earned herself AGAIN, a few weird looks from people who walked by and noticed them. It was embarrassing but she knew she had to endure it if Rena was her only chance at conveying her feelings to Yuki.

“Ah~ this feels good~”

“U-Umm… so about Kashi—"

“Oh hey, I’m feeling rather hungry. Mind getting me a Melon pan?”

“W-Wha— uh… y-yeah sure, I’ll go, no problem!” Mayu stopped her massaging and got up, joining the queue at the food stalls.

“Wow… she’s gullible Yuki…” Rena giggled to herself before taking a notepad and a pen out of her bag, “I’ll make sure to tell Yuki how adorable you are, Watanabe Mayu.”

It took quite a while but Mayu finally got the Melon pan requested by Rena and went back to where she was sitting with a tint of exhaustion.

“I-I got your Melon pan, sen--… pai…?” Mayu’s heart dropped and her eyes widened in shock when Rena was nowhere to be seen. However, she noticed a note on the table and quickly read through it.

‘Though it was short but thanks for the company. It was fun and I enjoyed your massages. You were really cute! However I think it will be a bit too easy if I actually helped you soooo… Good luck grasping Yuki’s heart with your own two hands, Mayu-chan~! – Rena-hyon.’

“M-MA-MATSUI RENA-SENPAAAAAIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!”

- - - - - -

Mayu returned to her room, plopping down onto her bed like a fallen plank of wood. She tilted her head to the side before letting out a deep sigh.

“… Guess I have to find my own way to confess without relying on others…” Her exasperated look turned into a dreamy one all of a sudden, “… But… I’ll always remember that day… a week ago…”

- - - - - -

It was a beautiful and thankfully sunny day on campus. Some students were heading to their next lecture, others were either having lunch or heading home as their lectures were over that day. For Mayu, it was lunch time for her and since it was a great day to be out, she decided to have her lunch outdoors instead of the cafeteria, since she was just going to have apples.

She went along the long stretch of pavement outdoors that had benches by their side to find an unoccupied one until suddenly, she noticed someone dropping their bento box by accident. Being the saint she is, she quickly went over to the person’s side, despite being a complete stranger to her.

“A-Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I’m fine… tch,” the cool beauty clicked her tongue as she grasped tightly to her other hand. Mayu knew that she had probably burned herself seeing that a cup of hot Miso soup sprayed on the pavement beneath them.

Mayu unconsciously sat beside the stranger and took her hand into hers, “L-Let me see…!” The stranger was surprised by her actions that she just allowed her to do as she pleased, “… Oh no, it’s really red… u-uh…” Mayu could only think of blowing onto her burnt finger and she did so, with the stranger looking on, feeling the heat rise on her cheeks before pulling her hand away from the panicky Mayu.

“... Y-You… don’t have to worry. It’ll recover in no time…” The stranger looked away when she knew she was blushing uncontrollably and Mayu noticed that, feeling as if cupid’s arrow had shot right into her heart at the sight.

“U-Uh… I-I uhh…I didn’t mean to be so nosy…!” Mayu felt even more jumpy than ever.

“… My name’s Kashiwagi Yuki,” Yuki shot shy glances at Mayu while scratching her cheek awkwardly, “… You are?”

“Ma-Mayu… Watanabe… Mayu.”

“Mayu… huh,” Yuki smiled, “What a nice name.”

Mayu’s heart rate increased like mad at Yuki’s compliment and decided to do something before they got awkward.

“H-Here!” Mayu took an apple out of her lunch bag, “I-It isn’t much but apples can keep you energized till lectures end!”

Yuki looked at the apple and then back at Mayu who had her eyes tightly shut, smiling, “Are you… really giving me this? To someone you just met?”

Mayu nodded frantically.

Yuki chuckled, “Thank you. I’ll accept your offer then.”

When their hands met as Yuki took the apple from Mayu’s hands, Mayu enjoyed the feeling of the smoothness of Yuki’s hands. It was pretty much guilty pleasure for her with just a small gesture.

“Say… where do you live?”

“O-Out of campus… about a twenty-minute walk…?” Mayu’s eyes opened and looked into Yuki’s warm-looking orbs of gratitude, “Why do you ask?”
“Well I was thinking… if you wouldn’t mind a bicycle ride home today? I owe you one.”

“E-Eh?! I—r-really?” Mayu tried her best to contain her happiness and excitement.

Yuki smiled shyly, “Yeah. If you’re having lunch now like me, you’re definitely ending the same time as I am.”

“I-I… I accept… your offer then,” Mayu bit her lips lightly to prevent herself from yelling in sheer happiness.

Yuki got up from her seat, “It’s settled then. I’ll get a janitor to help clean this mess up now but… I’ll see you later at the entrance, Mayu.”

Oh how that sent Mayu to cloud nine at the sound of her name from Yuki’s lips.

“O-Okay… See you later… K-Kashiwagi-san…”

Time passed by and it was after lectures. Mayu hurriedly got out of class, excited for the bicycle ride home with Yuki whom she just met long ago. As much as she never believed in love at first sight, today just was one of those days where she believed in such a thing.

Yuki was already there, waiting for her and waved at her. They went to the bicycle parking lot and set off from there. Mayu was too shy to hold onto Yuki no matter how the other tried to convince her for safety measures until she thought of the most brilliant but easily the most cliché way to get someone to wrap their arms around you when riding a bicycle.

“Mayu, I’m going a bit faster okay? I’m moving too slowly,” Yuki smirked to herself and began pedaling faster to pick up speed.

“W-Wah! W-Wait! I-I’m going to fall…!”

“Mayu—"

In a split second, Mayu had wrapped her arms around Yuki’s waist, hugging her tightly from behind in fear of falling. Yukii noticed Mayu’s hands were shaking in fear and placed one hand onto Mayu’s, caressing it with her thumb to calm the latter down.

“It’s alright… As long as you’re holding onto me like this, you won’t fall.”

“Kashiwagi-san…” Mayu lessened her tension on Yuki’s waist and lied onto her back comfortably, enjoying the bicycle ride and Yuki returned her hand back to the handle when she knew Mayu wasn’t panicky anymore.

Despite the cold Winter air blowing at them, the both of them felt warm with each other around them. They didn’t talk at all through most of the ride to Mayu’s place but enjoyed the company nonetheless. Yuki may have sent even her best friend home like this before but the feeling was completely different with Mayu. She felt at ease and extremely comfortable with her new friend. Mayu was pretty much love struck and hoped this would never end.

“… Yu… k-ki-san…”

“Hmm…?” Yuki smiled when Mayu used her first name instead.

“… There’s… something I want to tell you… but not now,” Mayu tightened her grip onto Yuki’s jacket.

“Sure… Tell me whatever it is whenever you want to. I’ll be waiting.”

As much as it would be nice if the ride never ended, they had arrived in front of Mayu’s place.

“Here you are.”

Mayu got off Yuki’s bicycle reluctantly and turned back to face her, “Thanks for the ride.”

“I’ll see you around?”

“Y-Yeah…” Mayu smiled back shyly at Yuki’s warm smile, “… See you around.”

……

“Yuki… if I confessed to you during that ride home… would you have accepted me…?”

- - - - - -

The next day, at the cafeteria during lunch time…

“Mayu, seriously. Just freakin’ confess to her already,” said Yuko who put a piece of sashimi into her mouth.

“E-Eh… but…” Mayu covered her ears in frustration, “… but I know it’s not going to work out!!!”

Yuko roughly pulled away one of her hands, “You never know until you try. Haven’t you heard the saying before?”

Mayu, defeated, looked at Yuko with a pout, “… Fine… you win… I’ll… I’ll buck up and give it a shot.”

Yuko grinned, “Ho ho~ now THIS is what I’ve been waiting to hear~”

“You can do this Mayu… I know you can!” Mayu said to herself in her head before getting up from her seat and headed out of the cafeteria.

“Well now…” Yuko grinned playfully and took out her cellphone, looking up for Jurina’s contact, “This is gonna be interesting~”

- - - - - -

Mayu managed to track down Yuki and brought her to the place that they first met. Surprisingly there was practically no one at that particular time so they could have their private chat without much interruption.

“So why call me out here?” Yuki asked with a tone of concern.

“U-Uhh well…” Mayu quickly glanced at her surroundings, “… I-It’s quiet here! We can talk privately since there’s no one around!”

“Hmm?” Yuki raised a brow, “Then…” She pointed a finger at an incoming trio from behind them who were TRYING to be sneaky by hiding behind a scrub of bushes, “… Who are those two with Rena?”

“Oooh ooh has she said it yet?!” Jurina spoke in a rather audible voice.

“You’re too loud, Jurina!” Rena responded with the same volume.

“You BOTH are too loud!” Yuko did the same.

“Ugh… oh gawd…” Mayu facepalmed, “F-Forget about them…”

“Sure…?”

Mayu inhaled and exhaled deeply, calming her beating heart before she looked into Yuki’s unwavering eyes, “A-Anyways, I just want to say… I… I like you…!”

“Huh? What?” Yuki was taken by surprise.

“I-I… I can’t repeat it twice!” Mayu blushed furiously.

Yuki chuckled, “You idiot… lean in closer to me for a bit.”

Mayu did as asked despite how awkward it was at the moment and she could possibly blow up due to the embarrassment. Yuki leaned in closer to her ear, “Listen carefully okay…?”

The anticipating receiver gulped down accumulated saliva down her throat, her ears turning red as it felt Yuki’s warm breath hitting right onto it.

“I… like you.”

“E-Eh?” Mayu moved away slightly from Yuki to look at her, “D-Did you just use my sentence?”

“Where in the world is your mind at, Mayu?” Yuki shook her head with a sigh.

Mayu still had that unbelieving, shocked expression on her face, “E-Eh? C-Can you… s-say that again?”

It was then, Yuki pulled Mayu closer to her and embraced her lovingly, resting her head on Mayu’s shoulder.

“… Actions speak louder than words. You get me now, don’t you?”

Mayu slowly snaked her arms around Yuki’s waist to hug her back, “… Yes…”

Yuki tightened the embrace, “Since the day we met, Rena noticed that you had always been trying to approach me.  After we got to talk a bit more from time to time, I realized you were really adorable… heh.”

“Yuki…”

“You brought me happiness… a kind I would never imagine experiencing… and just today, I realized… I… had fallen in love with you.”

Muffled sniffing sounds could be heard and Yuki gently broke the embrace to see a crying Mayu.

“Idiot… why are you crying?” Yuki wiped away her tears gently, smiling warmly at her.

“… I just… I just can’t believe… this is happening…” Mayu said in between sobs.

“I’m sure you’ll believe it if I do this then...”

Yuki went in for a kiss on Mayu’s lips, surprising the latter but slowly she closed her eyes, savoring the feeling of having her loved one’s lips on hers.

“… U-Uwaa… that’s… that’s pretty darn romantic…” Yuko said in awe of the current scenario, with both her hands curled up to act like binoculars.

“I… I’m so envious of them…” Rena said, placing her head onto Jurina’s shoulder.

“… Yeah…” Jurina placed her head dreamily onto Rena’s.

Pulling away for air, Yuki leaned onto Mayu’s forehead and intertwined their hands together, “I’m looking forward to more happy days with you by my side, Mayu. You don’t have to look at me from afar now…”

“Mm… I’ll be with you, always… Yuki.”

Offline Keiyuu

• Member+
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2015, 06:44:19 AM »
God that was too CUTE!! :inlove: :inlove:

Haha I loved the video in the beginning too. I thought that it'd be in Japanese which would've sucked since I can't understand it fully (yet), but it was CHINESE!! LOL Now that I can understand!! Who even had the time to make something like that?! XD

But seriously, this OS, ugh I can't even right now. Write more Mayuki, do it, DO IT  :yep: XD
I see how you incorporated your OTP as well, guess you can't leave them out haha  :lol:

Offline junchan48

• Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2015, 07:01:04 PM »
Finally, I can read your fic again><
I don't mind MaYuki, of course~
Howevah~ WMatsui still being the other cast, right? XD
Yuko, Jurina, Mayu, I can imagine their hilarous moments XD
And Rena-san! You're such a 'good' senpai! You really know how to use your senior title-,-
The almost ending(?) scene, I mean the confession scene just too much!
You have to make a WMatsui OS with this level of sweetness>o< Or higher level sweetness>0<

Thanks for keep updating your OS!
Now I'll wait for the another OS and IF update>,<

Offline Yurena

• Member+
  • Rena & yukirin always my oshi
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2015, 01:35:38 AM »
This mayuki OS was so cute i can sleep in piece now  :heart:
MAYUKI are real !!!

ALWAYS MY PRECIOUS LOVE

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - Dreamland