JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Koe

Author Topic: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)  (Read 30825 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
« on: July 31, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »

IMDB | Wikipedia

Official Title Revealed - Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

We thought we'd already heard everything new about Transformers 2 this morning when we posted about the story - but alas, there is more! Hasbro has officially announced that the title of the upcoming sequel will be Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. In addition, they reveal that the story will focus on a key character from the first movie who makes a dramatic comeback and attempts to settle a score. Who could it be? Jazz? Megatron? Maybe both? Stars Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, and John Turturro will all reprise their original roles. Additionally, Rainn Wilson, Matthew Marsden, and Nina Dobrev have all joined the film. With just barely over a year to go until release, it's time to start building buzz for Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen!

Transformers producers Tom De Santo, Don Murphy and Lorenzo Di Bonaventura are all back again. The story for Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen was written by Transformers writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci while the screenplay was written by Ehren Kruger (The Ring, The Brothers Grimm, Blood and Chocolate). Michael Bay is currently filming and will release Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen next summer on June 26th, 2009.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/05/official-title-revealed-transformers-2-revenge-of-the-fallen/

The Fallen Will Show Up in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?!

Ever since the official title for Michael Bay's sequel, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, was announced in June, fans have been speculating that this could mean we might see the appearance of an enormous robot called The Fallen. I quickly shrugged off that rumor with the belief that they wouldn't put the name of a robot in the title, but alas, I might've been wrong. MTV picked up a rather interesting scoop at Comic-Con in their talks with IDW Publishing - and it sounds like The Fallen is indeed the main villain. So not only does it sound like we're in for one hell of an exciting sequel, but we've heard rumblings that we'll get our first taste with a trailer in front of Eagle Eye this September. Who's excited now?!

IDW Publishing is the publisher that's putting out a comic miniseries titled "Transformers: Destiny" that will "bridge the gap" between Transformers last year and Revenge of the Fallen next year. MTV spoke with writer Chris Mowry, who told them that they're going to "explore the background of The Fallen — the main villain of the movie — as well as expand on the 'Reign of Starscream' story that we’re doing and tie everything in to what this next movie is going to be." Mowry is one of the few that actually has a copy of the script, but the most he'll say is that "the next movie starts out with just tons of action and there's obviously going to be a lot of questions, so we're hoping to answer some of those beforehand."

If you're not familiar with The Fallen, he's one of the 13 original Transformers that Primus created at the dawn of time. Unfortunately he turned against his siblings, his creator, and his universe and betrayed them all. This guy is one nasty robot - and he's even on fire! How would this tie in to a story in Revenge of the Fallen? Well, if you remember from this article, Josh Duhamel mentions that "the biggest change in the sequel is who [Lennox is] working with." So in theory, the Autobots and Decepticons could join together to fight an even greater evil - The Fallen. As cool as all of this sounds, Bay has often said that he's launched "misinformation" campaigns and I feel like this could be one of them. As in, the IDW guys are just fueling the fire for the fun of it and saying The Fallen just because it's been rumored.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/29/the-fallen-will-show-up-in-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:32:48 PM by Masa »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 01:21:24 PM »
I'd probably be more excited about this if there weren't so many other "geek" movies to be excited about :lol:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:51:19 AM »
Found this pic on TF2005.

Its Long Haul, one of the Constructicons, and its supposed to be a legit concept art pic, meaning that the Constructicons will be in the new movie, as will Devastator.
From what I read, they'll be 7 Constructions.

This pic is of the Corvette Centennial Design Concept, which is also slated to be in the movie.
Came across this pic at Jalopnik.
Not sure as to which Transformer it'll be.

Some other pics I also found.

Arcee

Her vehicle mode will be a ninja style motorcycle.

Soundwave

Laserbeak

Ravage

Found them on this site: Kaskus

Other info I read on other sites is that Jetfire will in the movie, transforming into an SR71 Blackbird, and Megatron will be back, taking a tank as his new vehicle form.
I had seen a pic of Megatron's new tank form earlier, but didn't save and have no clue which site I found it on.

Rule of thumb for this, is to take it with a grain of salt, since we can't be too sure of the validity of this info, since Micheal Bay has made it a point to release false info about the movie.
Lets hope the Constructicons are true, since that'll mean that Devastator is going to be a HUGE ASS BOT when they combine.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 06:08:17 AM »
DO WANT: Constructicons, Soundwave, Jetfire :rockon:

DO NOT WANT: Megatron :thumbdown (never liked the idea of him being a "tank" in some of the more recent cartoon incarnations).

They should have the main baddie be Galvatron, and say he's his "brother" or something and that he's come to get revenge for Megatron's death (remember the latter WAS seriously fucked up by getting the AllSpark shoved up his chest cavity).

Oh, and I say the corvette should be Sideswipe. :yep:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 12:47:04 PM »
Seeing how epic the last one was, this can't be that bad. Actually, i would expect this to fucking insanely cool. :D

And yes, bring in some new HUGE transformers. What about Unicron, lol.
[/url]

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 05:28:28 PM »
Found those pics of Megatron in his new tank alt mode.

Found them on this site: Latino Review
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 11:48:23 PM »
New Transformers 2 Details Revealed at Hasbro Licensing Summit

Slash Film

Since the crack crap reporting team at Entertainment Tonight wasn’t able to get any new details after spending a whole day on the set of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I thought I’d pass along the news which was revealed at the Hasbro Licensing Summit in Malaysia this week.

The Chevy Corvette Centennial concept car (seen in the photo above) is actually the alt mode for Sideswipe. Described as a brave but often rash warrior, Sideswipe was part of the initial crew of Autobots. In the original animated series, Sideswipe and his twin brother Sunstreaker, took the form of Lamborghini sports cars. He later took the form of a 1997 Lamborghini Diablo, 1999 Dodge Viper, and the Cobra Stinger.

Ravage will appear in the film with “very raw beast mode”. Ravage was featured in both the original animated series and Beast Wars, and took the form of a robotic jaguar. He was featured in an original draft of Bay’s Tranformers, but later replaced with Scorponok.

Megatron’s alt mode is confirmed to be a tank. Looks like the leaked concept photos are legit.

And the Devastator rumors might also be confirmed with the news that a super-sized transformer that combines multiple toys will retail for $50+. In the original series, six constructicons combine to transform into the huge giant robot known as Devastator.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 01:20:00 AM »
Fuck yeah Devastator. I'll seriously buy that toy. :lol:
Fuck sideswipe being a corvette... they're really pushing this American cars only b/s.

Galvatron would be cool, but none of the corny revenge for brother shit. I think we all know if he had a brother, he probably wouldn't give a shit. :lol: Those concept pics do remind me of Galvatron's canon form, so he was probably a influence on the design, but they didn't change his name to not confuse people. :P

Seriously lets get Unicron in here. Or are they saving him for a third movie? :P
Making the CG for the final battle scene with him would probably be a major pain in the ass. :lol:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 01:32:56 AM »
^
Yea, it would most likely be a pain to do that, and it would also be very expensive just to do a CGI Unicron.

Check out these concept art pics of a rumored aircraft carrier Transformer that was never used, even though Bay did want to use it, but it would've been expensive to do.

Found them on this site: First Showing
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 01:38:31 AM »
That would have been bad ass. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to see some of these concepts on screen

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 01:38:44 AM »
Damn, I called it! Sideswipe! :lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 12:08:34 PM »
I had no expectation for the first movie, and I thought it was awesome. This looks to be pretty killer too  XD

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 10:55:24 AM »
I hope Soundwave gets confirmed. I wanna see my all-time-favorite.
coot is ctz

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »
megatron = do no want. it was bad ass in the first one but hes supposed to be dead and shit.

do want = soundwave, looks dope.

wtf is up with ravage and laserbeak?? looks like beast wars now. WTF.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 08:10:18 AM »
IMO they should forget about Megatron and have Unicron transform his remains into Galvatron in the 3rd movie. Autobots & Decepticons fighting against Unicron and his new lackey Galvatron would be fucking epic  :shocked:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Shooting 3 Scenes in IMAX!

Inspired by Christopher Nolan's choice to shoot scenes with IMAX cameras in The Dark Knight, Michael Bay will be shooting 3 separate scenes for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen with IMAX cameras. The news was buried in a Variety article published tonight that looked at the growing trend to use IMAX in big tentpole films. "Michael Bay will film at least three action setpieces using IMAX cameras for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which is lensing." This is news is incredibly exhilarating to hear, especially because I proclaimed the IMAX scenes in The Dark Knight to be one of the aspects that made the film revolutionary. Plus it's exciting to think about seeing full-size robots fighting in glorious 70mm IMAX!

Just to clarify what this means, Michael Bay will be shooting at least 3 action scenes with IMAX cameras. The remainder of the film will be converted to IMAX for the official theatrical release on June 26th, 2009. As far as we know, this means we'll at least get to see Optimus Prime, Megatron, and the Constructicons bigger than we've ever seen them before (on screen). Shooting with IMAX definitely is turning out to be the next revolution in Hollywood and it seems like that trend will continue with Iron Man 2 and Y: The Last Man as well. I was already looking forward to seeing what Michael Bay was planning with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, now I really can't wait to see what scenes will be shot in IMAX!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/09/29/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-shooting-3-scenes-in-imax/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:28:45 AM by Masa »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 10:33:24 PM »
I hope Soundwave gets confirmed. I wanna see my all-time-favorite.
Soundwave is definitely confirmed, no need to worry about that. ;)

Other Autobots that will be in the movie are: The Twins, who transform and combine into an ice cream truck -->

Wheels, who transforms into a go-cart, and Stinger, who'll possibly be a Porsche.
Also, there'll be a Deception who transforms into an Audi RS8.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 01:30:14 AM »
Picture of Skids, the Chevy Beat at the right with the license plate.
The Chevy Trax in the middle doesn't have a plate, so no idea on the name for that one.

"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 12:32:52 AM »
Soundwave was always bad ass!  But what will he be?  Dino-bots!  That would be cool or jumping the shark.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 11:07:50 PM »
Latest TF: Revenge Of The Fallen news.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen News - Alice is a Pretender prtndr
The TFW TF2 Insider has confirmed that the character of Alice, as played by Isabel Lucas, in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, is a Pretender. For those not familiar with Transformers sublines from the 1980s, Pretenders are Transformers that are hidden inside a shell that acts as their disguise. In the case of Alice, the shell will be an attractive human woman while the inner robot is best described as a hybrid of the Frenzy robot design from the first movie. The Pretender Transformer will have an arm that transforms into an energy weapon, a long tongue, and a scanning tenticle.

From TFW2005

Transformers 2 Wrap Filming on USS John C Stennis

Greetings from San Diego! Just got back today from deployment at sea on board the U.S. Navy carrier Stennis and thought I'd fill everyone in on what I experienced this past week with the ROTF cast and crew. It's true, filming did take place this past week, all shooting was completed in a two day span, Saturday the 1st with the IMAX folks filming flight operations, and Sunday the 2nd with Michael Bay in action around the ship. Rumors flew around for weeks about what exactly was going to happen with the movie so it was really cool to see it all go down.

"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline oragami33

• ecchi
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 07:16:13 PM »
Wonder if Soundwave will have his corny robot voice still ?

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Koe