JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Tsumi to Batsu

Author Topic: [Movie] Love Exposure  (Read 9323 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Movie] Love Exposure
« on: July 22, 2009, 11:55:26 AM »

Protagonist Yu comes from a devoutly Christian family. A certain incident results in his priest father forcing him to confess his sins, which he commits daily out of a strong desire for praise. In the process Yu develops a taste for the sin of secretly taking photos of others and becomes the sneak photography king of high school students, but then he falls in love with a girl named Yoko who he meets by chance one day in town. Their relationship leads to unexpected developments involving a mysterious religious cult...With an extraordinary running time of almost four hours, Sono Sion's latest film is an unconventional masterwork that throws various aspects of contemporary Japan into its wild potpourri, depicted in the framework of an epic love story. His adeptness in presenting chaos as chaos while also realizing breathless entertainment is worthy of admiration. Nishijima Takahiro, lead vocalist of pop group AAA, gives a fine performance as Yu. Mistushima Hikari and Ando Sakura are also wonderful as the two women in Yu's life.

Love Exposure - Movie Trailer

So Love Exposure is a movie about taking upskirt pix and there's also a guy cosplaying Meiko Kaji's Sasori character.... Only in Japan!

Offline electric mole

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Movie] Love Exposure
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »
lol. 4 hours wow. hopefully it entertains all the way.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »
I was just about make a thread about this movie..

Watched it a couple of days ago. Only appropriate comment is FUCKING. EPIC. 4 hours of the most intense action you'd probably see in a Japanese movie. Don't worry about the length of the movie, by the end you'll be 'Wait, that was 4 hours long? Damn!', because the movie is so engaging. There's a particular scene with scripture! that probably is one of the best i've seen, and definitely shows Hikari's chops as an actress. Ando Sakura plays her part perfectly, as well.

It's available on pubs, so go get it! It's worth it :D

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 02:13:41 AM »
The lack of buzz about this movie is surprising.  Don't let the 4hr running time discourage you, it's worth every minute. It's funny, sad, thought provoking, and disturbing all at the same time. Unless you HATE GREAT MOVIES, you -must- see this film.

Offline Yanki31Mina

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 10:46:14 PM »
This is a great movie.  The four hours are great.  You can watch it on youtube: L.E 1/22

Offline sanaru100

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 03:51:05 AM »
The movie draws you in for the whole 4 hours and by the end you feel so much for the characters. I was skeptical of the movie before I watched it but it was mind-blowing.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 02:43:02 AM »
I admit I found out about this movie due to Takahiro Nishijima being in it.

Asked for it for my birthday and received the DVD.

Watched it and loved it. It's so thought provoking and so amazingly filmed and done. I almost cried at the end as I desperately hoped they ended up together.

Added bonus: Yoko is cute.

Offline jackal2000

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
I watched this movie and I was sad that it ended! I've heard it was originally 6 hours, but they shortened it to 4. Previous poster had it right. this movie is FUCKING. EPIC.

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 01:58:04 PM »
I watched this movie twice and I loved it both times. It's very weird and perverted (but those scenes are hilarious) and even a tad disturbing (with all the blood/gore and whatnot), but the biblical scripture was what really drew me in (and made me love Hikari's character so much). I have to agree that at the end, you'd be stunned that it's 4 hours long.

10/10 would recommend.

Offline azooloop

• ecchi
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 04:59:11 PM »
All of Shion Sono's films have been very good so far. I recently saw Tokyo Tribe which was also good.

Offline ereter

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 04:46:14 AM »
epic  :bow:

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Tsumi to Batsu