JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Super Girl Ai Wu Wei

Author Topic: The Morning Musume 9th Generation Thread  (Read 165323 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: [NEWS] Morning Musume 9th Generation Updates
« Reply #380 on: March 27, 2011, 06:22:19 AM »
sayu is just as ready to admit  that she is a bad singer as she is to claim to be the cutest, but actually on this song, she is showing better skill and confidence with her vocals

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #381 on: March 27, 2011, 09:35:56 AM »
Yeah, I got it eventually watching it a few times.
It was a bit tough to catch the first time around though.

A little disappointed they cut the other members' questions.
Even if one of them was probably something like "what's your funniest face?", they didn't show a photo of Fuku-chan's!
Other than her doing a bridge, it felt like they kind of skipped over her.

Edit: Oh hey! someone subbed it already!

Anyway, going back to their appearance on On Ryu, here's a little part they stuck at the end:

I think she's doing an impression of a snail?
Someone else thought it might be a pillbug?
Whatever it is, it's funny!

Anyway, during that show I was a little concerned about Fuku-chan's short skirt.
She seemed really conscious of it since she didn't move her hands around as much as the other girls.

Also, when Ai-chan says that Zukki should raise her leg higher during the line dance parts of the song, did anyone notice Yasshii giving her an "I told you so" look?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:52:30 AM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #382 on: March 29, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »
Tsunku has some comments on the 9th gen and the new single!
Here's the parts that talk about the 9th gen:

Morning Musume 4/6 release single "Maji Desu ka Ska!"

This is Morning Musume's 45th single.
For the 9th generation members, it's also their first single.

Since new members have been added, I've been wracking my brain this time.
It's been quite stimulating.

Since it's also a very important song for them, I've concentrated and spent particular care on
making a song positioned one step above the new members' current abilities.

The 9th generation is certainly bright and cheerful.
But looking closer, they're actually quite complex.

Sayashi's seldom-seen smile is precious.
From here on, she can be much more high-tension!
Suzuki is the most cheerful member and is a hard worker.
I'll be counting on her to keep her brightness and humor!
Ikuta is the Positive-Thinking Musume.
Well, even though her ability to concentrate is immature, she'll do her best!
Fukumura is a girl who's not aware of her own airheadedness. Of course she has attractiveness too.
She should definitely keep her my-pace attitude.

With the addition of these 4 new members,
Morning Musume's brightness has become more evident.
It's not just the brightness of the new members themselves
but it's like they transformed into a brighter group through a chemical reaction.

Fuku-chan = airhead???
And there he goes again citing her "attractiveness"/"sex appeal"!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #383 on: March 30, 2011, 07:51:42 PM »
Looks like we got the official colors for the 9th gen:
【Color Supplementary information。】 Pink⇨Fuku-chan。 Red⇨Sayashi。 Green⇨Kanon。 Purple⇨Erina。

These changes are reflected in the account's profile pic:

Top row is the 9th gen: Fukumura, Suzuki, Sayashi, Ikuta
Bottom row is the older members: Mitsui, Niigaki, Takahashi, Michishige, Tanaka

It looks like the older members are keeping their original colors.
Note that Fuku-chan's pink is darker than Sayu's,
Eripon's purple is darker than Aika's and is a little closer to violet,
and Zukki's green is like a forest green while Gaki-san's is like a yellowish green.

Like a previous tweet said, none of the recently graduated members' colors are being used.
The only one that's kinda close is that Linlin had an aqua/teal color, which could be called a shade of green.

Edit:
Here's their colors in use:

OMG THAT'S SO FRICKIN' CUTE.
Mama hen Ai-chan and the 9th gen chickies :heart:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 11:44:32 PM by Slack »

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2011, 10:38:15 PM »
MM in the Koneko Magazine (german)

りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #385 on: April 05, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »
Seeing as no one has posted it here yet, I might as well. XD

Went searching for the educators/mentors for 9th gen. Found it on 2ch, who yanked it from a manager's twitter.

Mizuki -- Reina
Eripon -- Ai
Riho -- Aika
Kanon -- Sayu

The general reaction on various fan sites: LOLWUT.

I can see why Eripon got Ai though, I don't have anything against the girl, but really, her singing could use work, from what I could hear from the concert rips so far. Riho with Aika though, what could Aika possibly teach her? :lol: Kanon and Sayu are obvious, they are the next variety combi! :lol: Everyone I saw generally seems to agree that Reina and Mizuki is possibly the oddest pair to grace the earth. The yankii with the ojou-chan. XDDDD Fuku-chan's such a good girl, I wonder what Reina's influence would do to her. Lmao. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #386 on: April 05, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
People read too much into the mentor stuff :3

Mitsui has several years of experience working as an idol, she has a lot to teach... She's been in a subgroup, she's been overseas, she's shot her own PB. She can teach what can and shouldn't be said & other general idol behaviour stuff, she can share stories about her own experiences, she can be there to listen and answer Riho's questions at any time of the day. Just because Riho is cute and can dance like currazay doesn't mean she knows everything about being an idol and is never uncertain about anything. And she *is* only 12. Rather than being just singing and dancing teachers, the other responsibilities of the mentors are almost more important; keeping the newbies in check and making sure they are OK... At least that's my image.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #387 on: April 05, 2011, 11:08:36 AM »
^Yeah I was just kidding. It kinda reminds me of my days in a girls' school, where they had this senpai/kouhai thing where they paired the first years with the second years in a kind of mentor system...not that we needed any academic help. It was mostly just moral support and helping to adjust to life in school. I imagine that's how the system works in MM too. XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline metoice

• hitomi-chan my darling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2011, 11:36:08 AM »
AIKA AND RIHO <3333333333333333333333333333333

new couple >//<

ก็เพราะฉันหลงทางหลงอยู่กลางใจของเธอ อยู่ไหนก็ใกล้เธอเพราะว่าใจเธอกว้างใหญ่

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »
^_^

I forgot to say this, but the Eripon - Aichan pairing makes me giddy because it's my favourite and my favourite-in-training together LOL. I don't really expect to see lots of this mentorship though, because I don't remember seeing much of it with the previous generations... They just tend to talk more about it after the fact D:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #390 on: April 05, 2011, 02:41:37 PM »
Reina and Mizuki....  for some reason to me  it works- opposites in  personality  and attributes can help each other out-ones strength matches up with the others  weaker area.....

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #391 on: April 06, 2011, 03:39:19 PM »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #392 on: April 06, 2011, 08:03:23 PM »
http://www.oricon.co.jp/music/interview/2011/morning0406/index.html

Part 1 of a special Oricon interview. 9th gen are up first, and I translated it upon seeing it!

==========================================

Introducing the new members ☆ Zukki the genki one, Cool Yasshi, "Maid"(!?) Eripon, Ojou-sama Fuku-chan.

Q: In order to get to know the 4 of you as soon as possible, please introduce each other. First off, let's have the always smiling and genki Suzuki Kanon-chan!

Ikuta Erina: Even if it isn't for work, she's always going "waaao~" and making a lot of noise (lol). She's always talking, both on stage and in the dressing room, and the way she stays the same regardless is a good point.

Sayashi Riho: Kanon-chan is always striding along in a jaunty way. Even though I keep trying to take bigger steps to catch up, I can never do it. So I always end up getting lost in the crowd, and before I know it, I've lost sight of her and she's already reached (the destination) ahead of me. And later on I'll tell her "You're strange!", and she's always like "ehhh??" and never gets it. (lol)

Q: She seems like the cheerful, "my pace" type. (lol) Next is the cool dance queen Yasshi, otherwise known as Sayashi Riho-chan.

Ikuta: During the audition training camp, Riho always vanishes right after meals, and when we say we're going to bed, she always gave off the impression that she's alright on her own.

Sayashi: Well we were still in the middle of being judged, and we only had one day to remember the dance moves and all, so if I went to bed with the rest I would be unable to practice. With that in mind, I decided to practice on my own.

Fukumura Mizuki: We used to stick together all the time! Those two (Ikuta, Suzuki) were really noisy, weren't they? (lol) Since I felt like I couldn't really match their excitement levels, and Yasshi seemed to feel the same way. This being the case, she (Riho) ended up always somewhere either behind me or next to me. I thought that was really interesting, as expected from an elementary school kid, and I thought she was really cute.

Q: She really is cute.

Sayashi: Oh no...such a thing...not at all.

Fukumura: Well, I think you're cute.

Sayashi: You don't! If you want to talk about cute, that's Eri-chan!

Q: (lol) So for the Ikuta Erina-chan who mysteriously got dragged into this, what do you guys have to say about her?

Sayashi: She's interesting. Apparently she does maid monomane when she's in school. She kinda has a strange character.

Ikuta: Well about that, my schoolmates were all for doing monomane, so when I thought of something I'd like to do, I was like "let's go with maid!", and when I actually did it, everyone praised me for being good at it, so I decided to go along with it.

Sayashi: You like maids...? That really...draws attention...

Ikuta: That's what I like about them! And I also really like female idols!!

Suzuki Kanon: I kind of see Eri-chan as someone with a modern gyaru-style. She seems like the type who would blurt out "Maji?!" while playing with her cellphone. (lol)

Fukumura: She's so cheerful and positive that it makes me kind of jealous.

Q: Thank you for your summaries. Lastly we have the one with the hardworking image, Fuku-chan, or Fukumura Mizuki-chan. Go ahead.

Suzuki: Because she really gave off the atmosphere of being an ojou-sama, my first impression was "ah, I better not approach her!". Even though we're in the same generation, she was still a senpai since she was with the Eggs first, and I didn't really know how to make us all click together. But I was slowly able to start talking to her. Even though she said that I was too loud earlier, she's really a cheerful person herself, so I think she would really be able to get all high with me when she wants.

Sayashi: Mizuki-chan isn't a noisy type like Kanon-chan is, so I don't think she'll ever do something like that. I believe she is elegant, refined and a really kind person.

Ikuta: When we were staying at a hotel for our work, Mizuki and I shared a room. I used to share with her what the fans said to me during the handshake events, and our conversations are really fun.

Q: We've finally calmed down with these good comments! (lol) When we talk about fun things, your new single "Maji desu ka ska!" comes to mind with its overpoweringly happy tune. Please tell us what to listen for!

Fukumura: "Be positive at all times/It's super shiny/Like flowers are going to bloom" (rought translation of lyrics), I really like these lyrics. It's a very straightfoward sort of song to sing, but yet it also talks about the hearts of girls in love. It also has a great rhythm, and is a song that cheers you up just by listening to it, ehehe (shy). That's why I would like everyone to listen to it!

==============================================================

Thoughts:

1) Lol Eripon, your continuing otaku/wota power never ceases to amaze me. I love you more for it. Lmao.
2) Lmao Fuku-chan the ojou-sama. I love how Riho sounds like a schoolgirl with a crush on her onee-sama never mind me
3) Also, Riho, denying that you're cute in that manner just makes you cuter. XD
4) I find it funny to imagine Kanon just striding off with huge manly steps with Riho demurely trying to follow along but unable to break her lady-like manners to run after her. *snicker* Such a wonderful mental image...

I love 9th gen!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #393 on: April 06, 2011, 09:23:32 PM »
Dangit, Essy! I was JUST ABOUT to post a summary.   :badluck:
It sucks in comparison to your more thorough translation.

I doubt anyone would want to read it since it's imprecise and unpolished, but here it is anyway:
http://pastebin.com/TwprGE2m

I love hearing little things like how Zukki is the super-fast-walking type of person and how she's not self-conscious at all.

For Yasshii, if her attitude was like that during the audition finals, it's not surprising how she got the haughty lone wolf image.
In reality though, she's just really driven and a little shy.

The part about Eripon seeming gyaru-like makes sense since one of her talents is typing on her cellphone really fast.
It makes a nice contrast with her idol-wota persona.

I wonder what it is about Fuku-chan that makes everyone seem to get the same ojou-sama/princess-y vibe from her.
Maybe it's subconscious in the way she talks and carries herself.
Even how she eats and drinks have elegance!

Then there's my favorite Fuku-chan pic:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:51:09 PM by Slack »

Offline metoice

• hitomi-chan my darling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #394 on: April 07, 2011, 07:27:32 PM »
>///<

ก็เพราะฉันหลงทางหลงอยู่กลางใจของเธอ อยู่ไหนก็ใกล้เธอเพราะว่าใจเธอกว้างใหญ่

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #395 on: April 07, 2011, 09:09:30 PM »
I think it's safe to say the 9th gen segments on Bijo Gaku have firmly become Zukki's territory.
There's only a few episodes where she hasn't stolen the show with her antics!

She seems like a real gem for Morning Musume in the same vein as TsujiKago, Koharu, and Linlin, except without any start-up shyness!
It's really incredible how she just goes for it without any trace of embarrassment.

Her insect impressions are so cute and hilarious!
So far we've seen:

Butterfly(blogs, Musix)
Butterfly from Cocoon(On-Ryu)
Pillbug/snail?(On-Ryu ending credits)
Praying Mantis(DVD Magazine vol. 36, blogs, Bijo Gaku)
Cockroach about to be sprayed(DVD Magazine vol. 36)

Makes me wonder what else she could possibly have.

That DVD Magazine vol. 36 is filled with 9th gen goodness.
I highly recommend it, as I had a big smile on my face throughout.
Hope someone puts it on youtube soon.

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #396 on: April 08, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »
^ LOL!! a cockroach about to be sprayed??  :rofl: just the thought of how it would be act out is already funny..  XD can't wait to see it..

also B.G. 11

with english captions by the ever so reliable yamiwonder.  :)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »
Mother Hen and her chicks XD

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »

http://ameblo.jp/takahashiai-blog/entry-10865780523.html

Some noob pics from Aichan's blog. Nice skirts.

Aichan's comparing Kanon to Linlin, saying that they are similar. Well, they do both seem kinda crrazy. :P

#1, #2, #3

And some from Sayu's blog... Oh, Kanon...  :lol:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #399 on: April 24, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »

Riho like a baws :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Super Girl Ai Wu Wei