JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chirinuruwowaka - Hanamuke

Author Topic: The Morning Musume 9th Generation Thread  (Read 164206 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: [NEWS] Morning Musume 9th Generation Auditions
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2011, 11:59:08 AM »
^That's a good point, maybe this should be an official thread instead...

--

Entries: Mizuki #1, Mizuki & Riho, Mizuki #2

Entries: 9th(-1), MM #1, MM #2

More pics from photoshoots and events, from Sayu's blog.

--

Here's something for the curious and the brave of heart...

The first individual mic rips of 9th gen singing!

http://www.mediafire.com/?7c2bgh9t559lk4j

I'd say they all have a looong way to go, but mic rips are always brutal... :P

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2011, 10:44:04 AM »

Say hello to everyone! From Up To Boy. Good stuff, great pics.

Offline U.S.S. John E. Badass

• Café 俺
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Let them eat Québec
« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2011, 08:50:01 PM »
tomo mic rip - kanon suzuki.mp3
She's bad, but damned if listening to this doesn't make me happy.

So yeah, I've never known what Tsunku is doing, but now he's doing it right. I actually like what I've seen of all four.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #343 on: February 24, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »

Today's Bijo-gaku segment. It's still processing, so you might have to wait a bit for the higher definitions.

Meanwhile you can check out some caps:

She's bad, but damned if listening to this doesn't make me happy.
I know, right? Kanon seems to have a "8D" attitude for everything... it's just infectious.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #344 on: February 24, 2011, 06:47:45 PM »
THE NEW SONG IS ALREADY PLAYING IN MY HEAD WTF. :lol:

The shout singing makes my throat hurt just from listening >o< But good effort girls! And aww Fuku-chan... Momusu will have a new crybaby when Aichan graduates xD

OH MY GOD I'VE MISSED SEEING SONG RECORDING SESSIONS.

No Tsunku at all though? His role has become significantly smaller, but whatevs.

The thread has now been renamed into 9th gen ~updates~; I'd imagine that when the new single release gets closer, this one will be changed into the official 9th gen thread and moved into the H!P Girls forum, so if you can't find it in this section one day, that's where it'll be. LOL
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:55:25 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: [NEWS] Morning Musume 9th Generation Updates
« Reply #345 on: February 24, 2011, 07:55:15 PM »
Eripon is this gen's Sayu. Can't really sing but tries really hard. She'll get better. At least she doesn't make me want to mute her as yet. We'll see. XD

I love how my favorites are solidfying the more I see of 9th gen. I love my Rihokitten, and Fuku-chan is growing on me so fast, it's almost not funny. XD I love all 4 of them, but I definitely favor these two more. ^^; And Zukki! I love how she goes all "Mizuki-chan!" when Fuku-chan steps in. I sense the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Also, Riho is so into formality it's cute. :3 She's always so...correct. XD And I'm amazed that she can keep smiling even through her mistakes and stuff. Idol material, that! Her smiles are all "omg I can't believe I just did that orz", which are SO cute and you just want to forgive her. XD Ok I'm biased. But it's true! Though the way her voice cracks on the high notes was kind of painful. But I believe she'll get over it. Eventually. XD

And aww Fuku-chan not being genki enough for the song. That was kinda sad, because her singing technique is perfectly spot on. Her impromptu crying after hearing the mix of the song was really awww material. She really loves Morning Musume and H!P in general. It really shows. I think she'll definitely be good for the group, and in more than just one way...really really liking her!

On another note, I find it somehow amusing that while they were listening to the mix of the song, Zukki and Fuku-chan were both grinning and bobbing along, but Eripon and Riho both had SERIOUSFACE on. XD So oddly balanced, 9th gen! I love them! So cute! So good! So fail! So win! Much much much loooooooove!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Also, I now cannot get the new song out of my head. orz Maji de suka suka....aaaaaggggh.

I'm going to end up dreaming of this, I swear.

:lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline maiZe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #346 on: February 24, 2011, 08:04:37 PM »
Gaahhh... Is the work day not over yet?  I'm itching to see this week's clip (I don't have sound at my desk at the office)..  However, I just really had to mention that every time I see anything relating to the 9th gen, "Tomo" starts playing in my head... I wonder how long that will last.

I'm quite impatient to hear how the new single sounds.  Maybe if I watch this clip enough, i'll start hearing the new single whenever I see 9th gen instead of Tomo. XD

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #347 on: February 24, 2011, 09:40:44 PM »
Great ep, such feelgood stuff. Just watching everyone struggle with different things, and Mizuki bawling after hearing the mix, dawwww...

And yeah, that song is totally stuck in my head too now. Makes sense they'd go back to cheerful upbeat stuff with the noobs in the mix.

Her smiles are all "omg I can't believe I just did that orz"
Haha yeah, I loved all those moments. "I sure blew it :D" and the ever so slight puppy-dog-eyes.

"Whoops, hehe..."

Offline miki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #348 on: February 25, 2011, 01:57:37 AM »
i just saw the videos. Fuku-chan is so lovely. I'm excited to see Erina progress.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:05:42 AM by miki »

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #349 on: February 25, 2011, 04:01:01 AM »

Fuku-chan featured on Kaori's Blog
Kaori calls her "Fresh".

Fuku-chan on Nocchi's Blog
Nocchi's glad to see Fuku-chan is doing well.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #350 on: February 26, 2011, 09:35:45 AM »
Ah, so THAT'S where the music was from!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #351 on: February 26, 2011, 11:43:57 AM »
^ I wanna see Momusu use that style of music for a song again*...maybe for the 46th single?

*I know those songs aren't technically Momusu but they did feature mostly MM members
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2011, 08:53:52 AM »

Gaki-san was blogging about rehearsals today -- ice cream puffs as snacks.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2011, 05:51:57 PM »

Bijo-gaku time again. Dance practice for the new single, and a sneak peek at the pv outfits!

And the usual screencap bonanza.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:19:19 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #354 on: March 04, 2011, 12:08:38 AM »
I love how Aika is putting in some extra with them for dance practice. Especially Zukki.

Looks like the PV is gonna have massive black kana on the mostly white set.
Simple concept, and I'm sure people are going to be like "OMG SO CHEAP LOOKING", but I'm kind of curious as to how the visual impact will be on screen.

Could their jacket colors be a clue as to the new color assignments?
It looks like Zukki's getting orange, Yasshii is getting yellow, Eripon is getting light blue, and I can't tell what Fuku-chan's wearing.
Ai-chan is maybe switching to red?
But then what color is that for Reina?

My theory is breaking down fast, or is not universally applicable, it seems.

Anyway, as I was saying in the thread for this single, I'm finding the uneven kick height a little annoying.
I'm guessing it's an issue with flexibility with Zukki, since Sayu is supposedly the most flexible and seems to be kicking the highest.
...Or is that Reina?

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #355 on: March 04, 2011, 12:40:10 AM »

Cue the saloon music. :P

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #356 on: March 04, 2011, 02:08:14 AM »
The PV outfits remind me of Naichau Kamo. Just more colourful. :lol:

Also, fishnets! There is a god. XD

I must also spaz over Riho. I don't think I'll have enough eyeballs. I usually focus on Ai, but now there's Riho to keep an eye on too. Doushiyo!!!! D:

Seriously, that tiny little girl is wonderful at dancing. It's like she has wings. o_o

Also, I find the need to point out that while Ai is in the center of the line as usual, Reina and Riho are flanking her. We're used to Reina flanking her. It's part of the central trinity. XD ReinAi + someone else is pretty much status quo. I think they're experimenting with her as part of the trinity. Poor Gaki. You'd think that she would get a bigger role after so many years. But then again, it still remains to be seen how the front line will change when Ai leaves. There's no doubt Reina will remain where she is. I'm just curious as to who will be flanking her this time round. XD

All in all, I'm quite excited. Can't wait to see what the PV will be like. Though it seems kinda plain (and cheap) again. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #357 on: March 04, 2011, 02:24:52 AM »
^Actually I think the lineup at the start is
Zukki, Aika, Yasshii, Reina, Ai-chan, Sayu, Eripon, Gaki, Fuku-chan
Ai-chan is in the middle because she has two solo lines in a row.

Then for the second verse, it probably switches to the order in the gif:
Zukki, Aika, Yasshii, Ai-chan, Reina, Sayu, Eripon, Gaki, Fuku-chan
Same as Ai-chan in the first verse, this time Reina has two lines in a row.

I don't think you could really dispute that Ai-chan, Reina, and Sayu are the most popular, or at least the most recognizable members in the current line-up.

Does it "look cheap"? Maybe. But I don't give a damn. That doesn't automatically make it worse than anything else out there.
Zassou no Uta's expensive-looking PV can't save it from a stupidly repetitive chorus.
At this point, all I'm looking for is visual impact and fun. The dance and colorful costumes are a good step in that direction.

As for "looking plain", how flashy do you want for the dance shot?
Plus, we don't know what other crazy stuff they're going to stick in for the rest of it.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #358 on: March 04, 2011, 02:46:42 AM »
^Hm you're right! I kinda overlooked that. XD I blame my starvation for lack of observation. :lol:

Those three are the face of the group now. It should be interesting how things change again when Ai leaves, I repeat. XD

When I said it looks plain, I meant the background for the dance shot. It's all...white. Kinda reminds me of the previous PV with the white dance shot (I preferred the black because the colours stood out better. White is kinda blinding.). I do really like the dance though, it looks promising. I just don't like the color contrast between a white background and what they're wearing. But then again that's only one small part, so the rest of it might be different.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #359 on: March 04, 2011, 03:16:40 AM »
Well, it has a black stripes on the floor and big black moji in the back.
I admit I'm having some trouble imagining how the whole thing will look.
I can only assume that it will have some visual impact.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chirinuruwowaka - Hanamuke