JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tris-chan - Fragile

Author Topic: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)  (Read 191304 times)

Offline japanfiles

Re: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)
« Reply #320 on: April 15, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »
Thanks for all your enthusiasm -- but we need to bring up something important:

The artists and management made it clear that they did not want unauthorized photos and video posted of them, so we need your help in making that clear to everyone.

Of course there will be photos and video in different parts of the internet, but please do not reproduce those photos and video here on this website. JapanFiles personally asked for JPH!P to be included in the media list, and we do not want Hangry&Angry's management to be unhappy with that choice.

We would like to include JPH!P in future promotional activities, and we need your cooperation in order to do that.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 01:31:20 PM by japanfiles »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #321 on: April 15, 2009, 09:10:02 PM »
We would like to include JPH!P in future promotional activities, and we need your cooperation in order to do that.

We at JPHiP.com appreciate the opportunity to even be considered in the same breath as such epic acts as HANGRY & ANGRY and look forward to working together at the Anime Expo in Los Angeles with Morning Musume this July.

It was an honor and a pleasure to speak to UFA Management one on one, and I could understand their side of things totally. I have already notified my fellow members.

There is always that fine line between a fan and the business, and we totally respect that.

Thanks again JapanFiles Dave!

DUDE.

LMAO Kimuuu, I had written it down to change it from Crispysoupchef, but couldn't read my own writing XD I think one of the Yossi Japanese fangirls took the pic lol

I dunno, Mae-chan (DAMN she is so cute) covered her face when I was gonna take her pic with ANGRY character XD

Luinestel23! WELCOME TO JPH!P!! Refresh my memory, did we meet?? I been spending the past few trying to figure all yer usernames to the faces. Post a photo of  yourself :P

I love each and every encounter y'all post. That Rika and Yossi had a unique reaction to EVERYONE. Not the same cookie cutter celebrity "Thanks for coming out" SHIT I wish I knew more japanese.  I'm so happy and proud of y'all. Fucking EPIC that 3 or 4 of peeps from our group got to ask a question at the Q&A. iceymoon, Ripusu, differentstory12. GREAT!

~Dan~ don't worry about it... :) I sure sang along "THIS IS MY LIFE!" :P The best part of the CONCERT THO. is the spontaneous chants of KISS ME!! KILL ME!! Fuck, I think I'm repeating myself but shit. IT sure is like a dream. I remember last week I was going to buy a digital camera, scrap book paper, and then start packing XD

DREAMS DO COME TRU!!

Never ever give up the faith!! CHUUUUUCH OF CHARMY /  HANGRY & ANGRY 4 LIFE!  :otomerika:

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #322 on: April 15, 2009, 09:26:56 PM »
I love each and every encounter y'all post. That Rika and Yossi had a unique reaction to EVERYONE. Not the same cookie cutter celebrity "Thanks for coming out" SHIT I wish I knew more japanese.  I'm so happy and proud of y'all. Fucking EPIC that 3 or 4 of peeps from our group got to ask a question at the Q&A. iceymoon, Ripusu, differentstory12. GREAT!

I was able to ask a question, too!  I asked if h&A would be doing a PB in a future.  I NEEDED to plant that seed in their heads.  Come on, how fucking HOT would a h&A/1444 photobook be?   :pimp:

Offline Za_Wolf

• INFP
  • Member+
« Reply #323 on: April 15, 2009, 11:11:54 PM »
^ whoa!  you're THE Kimuuu?!  Damn i didnt know!  I used to stalk your shit across the internet Lol.  Good stuff.

Nice write up dai, whole weekend was beyond epic, it was nice to relive it from your post/pics.  Good shit!

Edit:  Big ups to Ripusu for being the only chick i know irl that's into ff3/6,  good shit!  At the QnA i almost got to chill on this chick's lap until some killjoy couple seats down gave me this look like i was holding up a line or some shit Lol  :thumbdown:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:29:17 AM by Za_Wolf »
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #324 on: April 16, 2009, 01:43:12 AM »
Thank you very much for the permission. Still can't believe it's been a couple of days since the event. I think that I'm still on a H&A sugar rush cause they were SWEET!!!

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #325 on: April 16, 2009, 02:01:16 AM »
Kimuuu~! You went up to Seattle too?! Well, I should have known you would go too after flying to Japan for Yossi's grad concert. XD Hope to meet up with you again at AX, if you are going. :D There's a special someone coming from Canada too.  :lol:

Quote from: Za Wolf
Big ups to Ripusu for being the only chick i know irl that's into ff3/6,  good shit!

:o My first FF game I ever played; favorite too!  :twothumbs

Your very welcome on translating the letters, Dai, but I thought you were going to put the English version in too. XD

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #326 on: April 16, 2009, 03:11:31 AM »
Kimuuu~! You went up to Seattle too?! Well, I should have known you would go too after flying to Japan for Yossi's grad concert. XD Hope to meet up with you again at AX, if you are going. :D There's a special someone coming from Canada too.  :lol:

FENRIIIIIIIR!  :w00t:  Aw, you and Commie are going to AX?  I'd love to see you and everyone else there!  That should be funnnnnnnnn!  Unfortunately, I wasn't planning on being there (grad school, work, lack of funds, yaddayaddayadda).   :-\  (Now if h&A decided to show up, that would be a different story.)  You two have fun with the other online folk and meeting the Musume!  Have Commie sing Aruiteru for me while you're waiting in line.   :D

I guess I can start posting excerpts from my epic SakuraCon report here... it's too damn long to post everything here.   :mon sweat:

This part is about the guest reception on Friday night, where we got to interact with the lovely ladies of h&A:

Eventually, we realized that people were already lining up to talk to Yossy and Rika, who were standing at a cocktail table at the back. Guess they weren't eating. So, we lined up. I brought with me my birthday gift for Yossy, a black guitar strap with purple skulls on it. I put it in a black wine bag; it was a perfect fit.  :D

When [ChocoMocha]Kei and I got to the table, I remember thinking, "Wow, this is it! One of the moments I've been dreaming about!" Yossy and Rika were on the other side of the (tiny) table, flanked by their interpreters; Rika was closer to me and Yossy was directly across from me. Again, an interpreter initiated the conversation and asked where I was from. I replied that I came from Washington DC, and the usual "ohhh"-type of response came from 1444. Then I added that they should come back and visit DC sometime, and that if they needed a tour guide, they should give me a call. :lol: The interpreter then asked if we were going to the concert and I just said the same thing I said earlier. [Which was h&A was the only reason for me coming to SakuraCon]

Um, I guess after that I said, "Since your birthday is coming up and I know you've been playing the guitar now, I got you this..." and presented Yossy with the guitar strap. She took it out and looked at it. She was surprised and was all "Kakkoii!" and thanked me for it. So if you ever see Yossy using a black guitar strap with purple skulls on it... you know who she got it from. :wink:

After we were done, Kei and I walked away from their table, but stayed close enough to still see and hear them. It was a little intimidating sometimes cuz they had bodyguards. What made it hilarious was that they were in costume, too! One was this big tall white guy in kind of a samurai outfit. He was looking to make sure no one was taking pictures or video of 1444. The other one was this smaller Asian dude... I think he was at the reception too... I just remember him being at the earlier autograph signing. I wasn't sure who he was dressed as, but he reminded me of a ninja... maybe even Naruto. XD

We waited nearby for Ripusu and differentstory12, who were after us in line. I just kept staring at Yossy. :wub: When they were done, they came over to us all giddy and shit. XD I started to talk to Ripusu, trying to play it cool cuz I knew Yossy could see me... at least, I could FEEL her looking at me. :ph43r: At one point, I looked back at Yossy and noticed that she wasn't talking to anyone and was just looking out into the crowd and into my general direction. Like a dork, I just started to wave at her and smiled. When I caught her attention, she just narrowed her eyes at me and s  l  o  w  l   y curled her lip up into this ... wolfish/flirty/sexy smile. Yes ladies and gents, I've been eyesexed and pimped by the Pimpwolf herself.  :on bleed:

Mmmm... just thinking about that makes me all :mon mischief:

And thus concludes my own personal highlight from that evening...

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #327 on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:30 AM »
When I caught her attention, she just narrowed her eyes at me and s  l  o  w  l   y curled her lip up into this ... wolfish/flirty/sexy smile. Yes ladies and gents, I've been eyesexed and pimped by the Pimpwolf herself.
I don't know if you remember me from Hitomi Heaven but I certainly remember you and I know that's the most epic thing ever :lol:

One thing I'm very impressed with is that they were very cool with everybody in every encounter I've read about, including the chance meetings in hotels, restaurants, etc. Nobody has a bad word to say. Whenever I read up about various autograph events in the UK there's always a few people who got a cold look or an obviously automated response from the celebs. So either the fans all have blinkers on to their idols... or Yossi and Rika are perfect idolbots! :D
I suppose it helps that it was a totally mad experience for them travelling outside of Japan but mad props to them for being so cool with everybody!

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #328 on: April 16, 2009, 07:58:15 AM »
Guy in the blue in the back row would be me. Daigong willed me to join this place, and so I have. For my first experience with fellow H!P fans, it was amazing. So much energy, so much enthusiasm. I already can't wait to see ya'll again in LA this July. :)

And Ops, you didn't have to deal with GigantorJap, I did. D: I swear I smelled him around me for many hours following the concert. My shoulder also remember his dropping elbow after he tried to jump.

Bryan! Thanks for dropping by here. It was a GREAT, memorable first experience...to be able to get all these H!P fans together like that. Hope we can do this again in LA with the bajillion other people going, that would be fun. Tell icey I said hi. :D

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #329 on: April 16, 2009, 07:59:22 AM »
I don't know if you remember me from Hitomi Heaven but I certainly remember you and I know that's the most epic thing ever :lol:

One thing I'm very impressed with is that they were very cool with everybody in every encounter I've read about, including the chance meetings in hotels, restaurants, etc. Nobody has a bad word to say. Whenever I read up about various autograph events in the UK there's always a few people who got a cold look or an obviously automated response from the celebs. So either the fans all have blinkers on to their idols... or Yossi and Rika are perfect idolbots! :D
I suppose it helps that it was a totally mad experience for them travelling outside of Japan but mad props to them for being so cool with everybody!
Of course I remember you!  You were one of the two guys who posted at Hitomi Heaven!  :lol:

Yeah, every time I saw them they were nice and genuinely were surprised/pleased when I spoke with them.  Since my Japanese is EXTREMELY limited, I couldn't converse at length with Yossy or Rika directly.  I noticed that their translators tended to initiate and move the conversation most of the time.  Anything Yossy or Rika said were just reactions to what I've said, so there were a lot of "Ohhs", "Kakkoiis", "Sugois" and "Arigatos". :sweat:

Did anyone here have Yossy and/or Rika say anything interesting to them during any of their encounters?

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #330 on: April 16, 2009, 08:14:48 AM »
Guilty XD!!! I still stand by the age i stated! =P... and to top it off a certain someone else agrees with me on this lol.

But in your defense... you totally act like an adult... not a teenager ^_^

You and that "certain someone" are bullies. I swear. :| Just because I'm short, doesn't mean you tall people can pick on me. D:
Well, who knows, I could be lying about my age for all you know...they didn't card me for the drinks at dinner, BTW. ;)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #331 on: April 16, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »
WHOA!! Y'all know each other?? Small world ain't it. Just like OpsMonkey is the COUSIN of DJ Kwake, major urban promoter in my town so see him at concerts all the time handing out stickers, spinning tracks.

I was able to ask a question, too!  I asked if h&A would be doing a PB in a future.  I NEEDED to plant that seed in their heads.  Come on, how fucking HOT would a h&A/1444 photobook be?   :pimp:

I REMEMBER! but i couldn't see u :P I was the one who yelled ALO HELLO!!

And before I totally forget, differentstory12 mentioned it: WHO want our JPH!P H&A T-shirts? GIMME SIZES. I'm a order up another BATCH WOO HOO!! XD

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #332 on: April 16, 2009, 09:32:25 PM »
I was the one who yelled ALO HELLO!!

And before I totally forget, differentstory12 mentioned it: WHO want our JPH!P H&A T-shirts? GIMME SIZES. I'm a order up another BATCH WOO HOO!! XD

LOL!  I heard that!  I figured it was you...  XD

YO, put me down for one large tee, please!

Oh, and almond (via work) sez: "I would like one and will totally model if I get a free one XD"  (She'd get a small tee.)

Offline gotomikiberryz

« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2009, 02:02:33 AM »
Well...I don't know is here the right place to make my first post....
Some people may not even know who I am.... :?

Anyway....

Hello everyone!
This is Terrie from San Francisco!
The girl who kept jumping and yelling at the front row during the live  :P
Just wanna to say hi to everyone I met at Sakura-con.  You guys are awesome!
It was really amazing three days in Seattle!
Nice to meet all you guys and looking forward to see all you at AX in July :)

well...i guess that's it.
sorry for that...I'm not used to forum stuff...

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #334 on: April 17, 2009, 02:10:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum Terrie! Truly an honor to have met such a hardcore H!P fan, going to all these concerts and events! On par with the Japanese fans when it comes to knowledge and experience. Seriously, teach me everything you know. :lol:

よろしくお願いします!

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2009, 02:17:53 AM »
 :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

HAY TERRIE!

Great to see you here!  Thank you for making that Yossy card for us to sign.  It was sweet!   :twothumbs

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2009, 02:22:54 AM »
Hi Terrie!  Thanks for making the birthday card for Yossy.  The weekend was so fun, I'm not sure if I can make it to AX, but I'm still thinking about it.

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #337 on: April 17, 2009, 06:23:58 AM »
Hi Hi Terrie!  :w00t:
It was fun hanging out at Sakura Con! I also want to thank you for making that cute Yossie birthday card for all of us to sign.   :heart: A BIG thank you to you!

@daigong : LOL That was you?! I didnt know! Did you see Yossie and Rika's faces when you yelled that out? It was cute! XD I looked over at Yossie and when she heard you she laughed but her face was priceless! Then she looked at Rika and they looked at eachother for a second, paused and then laughed XD. I thought their reaction was really cute, so thanks for that!

As for the shirts, hmmm the ladies medium Hangry & Angry shirt fit me, even though it was a bit tight in some parts, it did fit me. So medium for me please. Unless they are really big then um small. Thanks!

Waterfront Grill:

Where Yossie and Rika ate.
I never got a clear shot of it XD
The food was delicious. Thank you so much daigong!  :heart:
By the way Im loving that picture with you're face on Rika's chair lol.

Hmmm looks like everything was pretty much covered here already.
Oh and yeah lol I remember us going crazy after we said Happy~Birthday when Yossie and Rika were leaving. After we said it, we all just huddled together like we just won the lottery or something and started jumping up and down  :lol:. It was such a good moment.

These are things I got signed, plus what I bought:

I gotta learn to buy everything at once. I was going to come back for another shirt for my sister(which she got so pissed when I came home without a shirt for herXD and I was going to buy the little Angry keychain) but I kept saying "Ill come back, Ill come back" and then they had sold out or didnt have the size I wanted anymore. So yeah, lesson learned there.

EDIT:
Oops I forgot to post my Day 3 Q&A experience XD.
(Sorry if its long)

DAY 3
Q&A

The Q&A was at 2pm and we were lined up early where we joined daigong and the rest. They were watching the Elder Club concert XD. So we were waiting and waiting and then someone said people were already inside the room(where the Q&A was taking place). We thought they would clear the room and and then let us in but that didnt happen =(. That was messed up that they didnt clear up the room since you clearly had people waiting early in order to get good seats. Anyways so we all rushed inside and the good seats were pretty much taken, but there were some empty spots. I sat second row by where the table Yossie and Rika where at, so it was good =D They had mentioned a photo opportunity but I didnt know that "photo opportunity" was that we could film them and take pictures when they FIRST come out. So I kinda missed it, only got like 3 seconds of them coming out and my camera failed on me again but other people taped the footage. OH!!!! Yossie was wearing the same pink hoodie sweater I saw her wearing at Tully's but obviously she had her hoodie downXD. I was so nervous to ask a question, but I had about 3 possible ones I might ask, but then similar questions kept getting asked so I couldnt ask them anymore. I didnt want to waste the opportunity to ask them something and for them to look at me again lol so I was sitting next to a Yossie fan(which Im pretty sure its gogirlanime) and I asked her for suggestions, and then she suggested one to me. Thank you by the way! I was a wreck lol. So I raised my hand and stood up and asked them. Basically what they like to hear from fans and what presents do they like receiving from fans but it came out completely different lol. I had my bag on top of me and when I stood up I almost dropped it and got nervous(this only happens to me hahaha) so the question didnt come out right lol but the translator interpreted it better. "What kind of comments and presents do you enjoy most" something to that effect and then sat down. Rika said the fact that the fans get to come to the concert and how they get to see the fans up close and personal and get to see your smiles is the best gift. Yossie said "Me too" in English and smiled(Yossie styleXD). Short but oh so cute :heart:

When Kimuuu asked the PB question, someone shouted "Alo hello"! (which now I know it was daigong lol)and I looked at Yossie and Rika and they looked at eachother and laughed lol. That was so cute!
Oh also when Yossie said "please!!" to her manager for a PB possibility. That was cute!

So it was time for the autographs. We lined up and then the rule was that you may get one item signed but if you had purchased merchandise at the convention they give you tickets were you can have more than one item signed.
I got my Hangry photo signed by Yossie and my Angry photo signed by Rika and then the CD signed by both of them and the poster signed by both of them. I told Yossie I was a big fan and the translator lady (who was super nice!!) translated for me and Yossie looked up at me and said "Wah thank you" in English c16.gif and then I asked the lady if it was alright to shake her hand and she told Yossie and Yossie nodded. We shook hands, omg I was so nervous this second time lol. Ahhhh the second handshake with Yossie was c16.gif She held my hand for so much longer then the first time and looked at me and smiled, and I said "thank you!", (I think I said happy birthday again, I dont remember) I smiled back and then I went to Rika. Rika is adorable. I think I was too Yossie'd right there that I forgot to shake her hand but I said "thank you!", smiled and said bye to her. By the way Rika is super sweet, after the con, I've become a bigger fan of her than I was before, even though she's always been one of my favorite members, my love for her grew so much. Ahhh all these 3 days I wanted to say Goodluck with Tokyo Alice(the play they both start in with Mako) but I kept forgetting to say it to them. I got caught up in the moment I guess.

So then we joined everyone and gathered around waiting for them till it was time to leave to wish Yossie a Happy Birthday. We all gathered around when they were coming down the stairs and they noticed us and looked our way and then we did said Happy~Birthday! and Yossie and Rika laughed and smiled.The "Happy" was Charmy style, and then we said "Birthday!" Yossie thumbs up style. They smiled!! =D Yossie<3!!! They said thank you in English, waved at us and then they left. Right when they left we all looked at eachother and cheeredXD Like we just won a football game, we all huddled and started jumping up and downXD. Daigong got the lady who was recording official footage to tape us saying our Happy Birthday thing, so we all went outside the autograph room and we did it. Then the video lady started coming up to us individually to say something to the camera. I have no clue what I said, I forgot c20.gif but I did say something lol. Then people started getting crazy again with the woooo's and ahhhh's!

The closing ceremony was at 4pm, so we all headed there right after it. We went to the closing ceremony and it was already filled so we just sat down where we could and waited for them to come out. They came out, we all cheered, they said their goodbyes. Oh and Yossie had taken out her pink sweater. I yelled out for the last time, and then they left.

We went to Waterfront Grill afterwards since Yossie and Rika had mentioned eating there, so we headed out in the cold and the rain and walked there and it was really nice. I had to put my signed Hangry&Angry poster in a plastic bag and then put it beneath my sweater. Looked like I was pregnant with an H&A baby lol. So it was kinda hard to walk with it since I was trying to protect it so much lol. But it made it! Kinda bendy to the sides but apart from that its ok. I gotta frame it or something. It was really nice meeting H!P fans there as well. It was really fun hanging out with people who share the same interests as you =D. Also the Japanese fans were a blast!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:35:24 AM by differentstory12 »

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2009, 06:30:17 AM »
FENRIIIIIIIR!  :w00t:  Aw, you and Commie are going to AX?  I'd love to see you and everyone else there!  That should be funnnnnnnnn!  Unfortunately, I wasn't planning on being there (grad school, work, lack of funds, yaddayaddayadda).   :-\  (Now if h&A decided to show up, that would be a different story.)  You two have fun with the other online folk and meeting the Musume!  Have Commie sing Aruiteru for me while you're waiting in line.  

:o That's a bummer to hear you won't be able to make it out to AX. I'll be sure to pass the request along to her. XD We'll bring some new ComFen adventures in LA! XD
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 07:01:03 AM by Fenrir »

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2009, 06:46:43 AM »
Hmmm looks like everything was pretty much covered here already.
Oh and yeah lol I remember us going crazy after we said Happy~Birthday when Yossie and Rika were leaving. After we said it, we all just huddled together like we just won the lottery or something and started jumping up and down  :lol:. It was such a good moment.

Indeed it was.  It was like a collective joygasm.    :on gay:  And thanks for that Waterfront Grill pic... I never got a shot of the exterior.

:o That's a bummer to here you won't be able to make it out to AX. I'll be sure to pass the request along to her. XD We'll bring some new ComFen adventures in LA! XD

I know...  :-\  But I will look forward to said adventures!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tris-chan - Fragile