JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Kuuhaku

Author Topic: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)  (Read 193522 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 04:19:01 PM by Masa »

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Re: [News] Hangry & Angry Concert in Seattle (JPH!P WORLD TOUR 2K9 Recap)
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2009, 04:47:30 PM »
Ahh, such a short live clip at the end, and 1st May is such a long time to wait.

Hey, I just had a thought, since it's only a digital single I wouldn't expect the PV to be up to the standards of a real single, so maybe the PV will be the full version of the song from Sakura-Con.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #342 on: April 17, 2009, 07:46:19 PM »
And before I totally forget, differentstory12 mentioned it: WHO want our JPH!P H&A T-shirts? GIMME SIZES. I'm a order up another BATCH WOO HOO!! XD

I thought I replied to this, but my pc was having issues :P Are the tees in men's sizes? I'm a small in that case.

Ahh, such a short live clip at the end, and 1st May is such a long time to wait.

Hey, I just had a thought, since it's only a digital single I wouldn't expect the PV to be up to the standards of a real single, so maybe the PV will be the full version of the song from Sakura-Con.

Yeh, I was hoping for a longer clip of the concert and less of the mascots.  2 weeks til the next update.

They've also got a video clip up on their Oricon site.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #343 on: April 17, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
Thanks for providing all the reports and photos, it's been great fun reading them!

lol @ that they signed the stuff with 'hanguri' and 'anguri' instead of 'yossi' and 'rika'.

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #344 on: April 17, 2009, 10:24:45 PM »
I was about to post my part about the actual show, but looking back at my journal, it's SO out of order and shit.  XD

Instead I'll post the setlist (correct!) and some random tidbits from the show that I have yet to see be mentioned here:

-Long, dramatic h&A intro
-Yossy: "Hello Seattle!"
-Sadistic Dance
-Angelia
-1444 MC: Japanfiles & MySpace plug
-Me: "MARRY ME!!!"
-No Future
-GIZA GIZA
-1444 tossing out glow-in-the-dark necklaces
-Lady Madonna
-birthday surprise for Yossy/sing-along
-Kill Me Kiss Me
-Romantic ni Violence
-American anthem/1444 MC: "We love America!"
-THE*PEACE Rock Ver.
-LOVE & PEACE Rock Ver.
-crowd chanting for encore
-Kill Me Kiss Me

Concert tidbits in no particular order:
-Kei and I had these wristbands that let us in before most everyone else, so we were able to get some SWEEEEET spots at the concert. We were basically front and center! Our Japanese friends were first to get to the VERY front in the center, at the railing. We were right behind them.  :D The Japanese fans were hardcore. One guy had a lantern he made; he drew the hANGRY character on it... The girl right in front of me, Mika-chan, had her Gatas muffler draped over the railing. She would sometimes be crouching on the ground, while holding on to the bars of the barrier. It was like she was carving out her little niche in the crowd, as well as getting herself psyched for the show.

-Lady Madonna: The main choreography for this song involved waving the fans and stuff. It was kinda sexy. Yossy was really into it... reminded me of Flamenco dancers. At one point, Yossy was whipping the fan rather violently... to me, it was reminiscent of a dominatrix whipping the SHIT out of some lucky bastard.  She seemed really into it...  :ph43r:  it was hooootttttt.  :mon mischief:

-PARA PARA!  They did a little bit of para para during some song... not sure which one.  Anyway, it was a little surprising, but very cute. Yossy put a little rock spin on her dance by throwin' up devil horns.  :rockon:

-There was this thing that Yossy did. Not sure if it happened during Love & Peace... I'm more inclined to think that it happened sometime earlier in the concert, maybe during the second new song? Anyway, the girls were in the middle of the stage. Before they started to move, Yossy looked back at Rika and gave her this adorably sexy smile, THEN Rika followed Yossy over to stage left. 1444 moment forreal. Er, in my notes I said that Yossy looked at Rika before they moved to the OPPOSITE ends of the stage.  :wth Well, wherever they went... Yossy gave Rika A LOOK. And it was CUTE.  :grin:

-After they finished their set, we naturally started chanting for an encore. Not even 2 minutes later, they came back on stage and did KMKM AGAIN! Rika got to feel Yossy up again. This time, however, it seems like Yossy improvised, so after Rika felt up her leg, Yossy moved in closer to Rika, their bodies touching, then Yossy just wrapped her arm around Rika's neck. They continued to sing like that for a bit. It was hot at first cuz of Yossy moving SO CLOSE to Rika (I was thinking, "omg is she going to kiss her?!"), but then it was cute cuz after Yossy had her arm around Rika, they swayed a little as they sang. :wub:

-During Sadistic Dance: Yossy waved her hand with a flourish over Rika's head, letting her hand fall slowly, tracing the contour of her body (w/o actually touching Rika). She finally let her hand rest on Rika's hip. Nice.  Now that we know the lyrics to the song, it allll makes sense now. "Fondle your waist at my fingertips (it's)SLOWDANCE"

That's it for the concert.  :twothumbs
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:52:46 AM by Kimuuu »

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #345 on: April 17, 2009, 11:12:07 PM »
it's just so surreal for me to know that people i've been talking to and stuff have actually met IshiYoshi...

like i see most of you guys everywhere online

Thanks for all the info and details i feel like i was there  :twothumbs

I'm so happy you guys all had an IshiYoshi-ly awesome time

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #346 on: April 17, 2009, 11:45:11 PM »
One guy had a lantern he made; he drew the hANGRY character on it...

Ah!  So that's what it is! (maybe).  In the latest video posted on their myspace during the concert bits (the view friom the back, not the closeup bits) I could see something being held up in the air on a stick and I couldn't work out what it was.  I wonder if that's the lantern?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:54:34 PM by ~Dan~ »

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #347 on: April 17, 2009, 11:58:43 PM »

Ah!  So that's what it is! (maybe).  In the latest video posted on their myspace during the concert bits (the view friom the back, not the closeup bits) I could see something being held up in the air on a stick and I couldn't work out what it was.  I wonder if that's the lantern?

The lantern wasn't on a stick, he was just holding it by the front railing.  I noticed he got it signed by H&A too.  I'm not sure what that 'thing on a stick' is.  Maybe a video camera?  I don't think anyone's costume would have a prop like that, but who knows, it was an anime convention.   :?

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #348 on: April 18, 2009, 01:25:35 AM »

The lantern wasn't on a stick, he was just holding it by the front railing.  I noticed he got it signed by H&A too.  I'm not sure what that 'thing on a stick' is.  Maybe a video camera?  I don't think anyone's costume would have a prop like that, but who knows, it was an anime convention.   :?

I'm thinking it's either a moogle or a pikmin XD

it's just so surreal for me to know that people i've been talking to and stuff have actually met IshiYoshi...

like i see most of you guys everywhere online

Thanks for all the info and details i feel like i was there  :twothumbs

I'm so happy you guys all had an IshiYoshi-ly awesome time

No prob.  It's just as fun thinking back to the weekend.  And gurrrrrl, I still have more stories to tell. :D

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #349 on: April 18, 2009, 01:33:52 AM »
I am looking forward to more shizz on ishiyoshi! XD

postwhoring in the name of ishiyoshi is fun!

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2009, 02:31:38 AM »
Yeah watching again it's nearer the camera than I thought and moves quite fast giving the impression it's quite small (and I realise I've seen a pic of the lantern and that was bigger), probably something on someones head, so you're probably right that it's a moogle or a pikmin, whatever they are (pokemon I'm guessing?) :lol:

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
And before I totally forget, differentstory12 mentioned it: WHO want our JPH!P H&A T-shirts? GIMME SIZES. I'm a order up another BATCH WOO HOO!! XD

DUDE! I want one!! They look epic!! I'm a small! BTW can it be held? I'm broke now but I have a nice tax return coming my way in a couple weeks!
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline stark

• Stark!
« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2009, 08:32:22 PM »

Oh hells yes.  I mean.... err..  Verily sir, I would like to... hells yes.

XXL... What?  I'm a overweight white dude
-stark!

Note: anything posted by stark on this or any other fan site is his personal opinion and is not the official statement of any organization.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2009, 10:56:12 PM »
Hello everyone!
This is Terrie from San Francisco!

Great to meet you Terrie!! Total chance meeting her. She JUST missed the autograph session and we hit it off right away. We were like :bow: :bow: FC Member!! Can't wait till we do this all again in LA! You and Fenrir shall teach us Engrish and Japanese Lessons.

Oh hells yes.  I mean.... err..  Verily sir, I would like to... hells yes.

XXL... What?  I'm a overweight white dude

XD My homie tenkei is a husky boy like you and he rocks the LOGO proud.

YO, put me down for one large tee, please!

Oh, and almond (via work) sez: "I would like one and will totally model if I get a free one XD"  (She'd get a small tee.)

Sure, and YO I'm a hook y'all up for those who went :P so don't worry about payment. :halo: I had a few small ladies reserved for Ishiyoshi diehards tru_harmony, Yankii Heart, and zay who also brainstormed Yossi gifts with me. :heart: Gave Dinny, Terrie and Mae-chan my other Ladies Smalls, and they fit the shorties just fine. Now to test that size on shirenu ROFL

in case y'all were curious. this is what the back looked like, except it has both Rika and Yossi's name. Made it before they management told us "They like to be called Hangry & Angry!"

-- totally hand delivered these gifts to them.  :otomerika: :yossi: it is better than giving them flowers, or some sorta elaborate shit like this:

I had originally wanted to make a custom Oilers jersey for Rika but it ended up NOT being embroidered, like there should be red/blue border around the numbers. I just couldn't give crap  :banghead: to GOD RiKA!! In the end, TOTAL SATISFACTION. The best gift u can give is the love of the fans. And these shirts FUCKING SYMBOLIZE IT!! :pimp:

@daigong : LOL That was you?! I didnt know! Did you see Yossie and Rika's faces when you yelled that out? It was cute! XD I looked over at Yossie and when she heard you she laughed but her face was priceless! Then she looked at Rika and they looked at eachother for a second, paused and then laughed XD. I thought their reaction was really cute, so thanks for that!

OSHIT. WERD!! :wub: i was kinda not trying to STARE at em  :shocked they must've seen me hiding behind Aya-chan and Mika-chan the Yossi fangirls :lol:

For those wondering what the Q&A stage was like, here's how it kinda looked :P

Awesome to y'all coming and posting. I can't believe it's been a week already!! To help y'all put names to faces:

Right before the Q&A

(L to R): 1. alohellofan, 2. rev2hd, 3. OpsMonkey, 4. Terrie, 5. ChocoMochaKei, 6. Kimuu, 7. Rickker708, 8. Kevin, 9. daigong, 10. Tony 11. Linna2040 12. Aya-chan 13. Mika-chan

After dinner, we said SHIT! Let's take a pic for 2ch <3

Who is who? 1. differentstory12, 2. iceymoon, 3. Bryan, 4. Rickker708, 5. ChochaMochaKei, 6. dagryph, 8. Terrie, 9. OpsMonkey, 10. Za_Wolf, 11. rev2hd, 12. alohellofan, 13. Ripusu, 14. Kimuuu, 15. Tony

and this group TRIUMPHANT pic took after the Closing Ceremonies. This was after iceymoon, Bryan, OpsMonkey, alohellofan had to go. GOOD TIMES!!

1. Aya-chan, 2. Za_Wolf, 3. Mika-chan, 4. Rick, 5. daigong, 6. Mae-chan, 7. Tao-kun aka WOTA guy
8. Terrie, 9, Dinny, 10, Ripusu, 11. Kimuuu, 12. Differentstory12

My bad to the dude who kept taking pics for us ... lol I felt bad, but he slipped away  :doh:

I'm still trying to hook up with the USA Musume girls  :sweatdrop: they got EPIC video of me. Historic.

Going hard to post up a FULL, right down to Rika's pores recap, including interview!! Watch for it in this thread and the "newly" revamped http://jphip.com FRONT PAGE!!  :pimp:

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2009, 10:55:25 PM »

Oh, and almond (via work) sez: "I would like one and will totally model if I get a free one XD"  (She'd get a small tee.)

Sure, and YO I'm a hook y'all up for those who went :P so don't worry about payment. :halo:
WTF?!  Seriously?  You are ridiculous, but I definitely appreciate it.  I'll have to treat you to dinner next time we meet up.  :thumbsup

Going hard to post up a FULL, right down to Rika's pores recap, including interview!! Watch for it in this thread and the "newly" revamped http://jphip.com FRONT PAGE!!  :pimp:
I'm looking forward to this.   :w00t:

OKAI!  This next bit is about the chance encounter with Yossy and Rika! :inlove: This happened *hours* after the concert's end.  :shocked

Sunday, April 12... around 1:00 AM...

So, after walking Ripusu and differentstory12 back to their hotel room after dinner, I chatted with my g/f on the phone outside of my hotel entrance. When I went inside and headed towards the elevators, I noticed that Rika's translator/h&A general handler for the weekend was in the lobby along with a group of people. I thought it was kind of odd/intriguing that she was there, but since Yossy nor Rika were actually there, I just continued on my way to the elevator and went back to my room.

After a while, Kei and I went back down to the lobby to use the hotel business center. When we went into the lobby, I looked over to see if the translator and that group of ppl were still there. The area they occupied was empty, but I did notice some Japanese people a little further away sitting on the sofa. The sofa/chair thing was huge so you could barely notice people sitting in it. I knew someone was sitting in there cuz the people standing were talking to someone on the sofa. I also happened to see a girl's head poking out from behind the massive sofa. She had dark hair that was cut into a bob. I thought, " Wow, that really looks like Rika... I wonder if that's her." I stood still for a bit, trying to focus on her, but my vision sucks and they were too far away. Kei then was like, "Nah it can't be them..." so I turned around and headed in the opposite direction.

As we turned around and headed to the business center, we heard it... RIKA'S VOICE.  :shocked We flipped out and ran around the corner. We're like, holy shit IT IS RIKA!!!!!!!  We took a breather and decided to walk over PAST the sofa to the front desk so that we could see if Yossy was there, too. :ph43r:

We walked by and made our way to the concierge and asked her for a map of the area. As we fiddled with the map and pretended to look at it, we peeked around to see who was on the sofa... sure enough it was Rika AND Yossy.  :wigglypanda:

Rika was still talking to some Japanese people, and Yossy was just chillin' on the sofa, playing/texting on her white cellphone. Rika was wearing a dark coat and Yossy was wearing a long light blue coat thing. Her hair was pulled back in a simple ponytail; no pink streak. I was flipping out and wondering what the hell to do next. So we started to walk towards them... then we stopped. We were just several feet from them now. This was SOOOO awkward, cuz Kei was just standing there holding the map (later she told me she was listening to Rika and the other ppl's convo and trying to figure out what they were saying). Me, on the other hand, had NO map to hide behind... I just looked at Yossy. She either didn't notice me staring at her, cuz she was focused on her phone, or she was ignoring me. XD

I just looked at Yossy the whole time, cuz I was afraid to look at anyone else... I felt their entourage/translators burning their eyes into me... Finally, Kei started to move and walked over to Yossy. She slowly looked up from her phone and looked at both of us. Yossy seemed to be wearing very little make up... She still looked beautiful, but she did look tired. Kei congratulated her and Rika on a great concert. I quickly added some praise as well. Yossy nodded and smiled at us. (I dunno what Rika did... I only looked at Yossy.) And then we continued walking by and went over to the elevators.

WOOOOOMGAH.  :sweatdrop: THIRD MEETING SO FAR! THIS was why I wanted to book a room at the Grand Hyatt. Hahahahaaaaa. I knew they'd be staying there. Anyway, after we got back to our room, Kei and I speculated over where they were going at such a late hour. Hmmmmmm. Drinks? Dancing? LOL

Shortly after, and after 1444 left the lobby, Kei and I went over to the sofa they were lounging on and took pics.

You can see Yossy's (tiny) ass print here:

(No, I didn't pull a Daigong and bury my face in where Yossy sat.  XD)

I did, however, re-enact what Yossy was doing when we saw her:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #355 on: April 19, 2009, 11:47:11 PM »
(No, I didn't pull a Daigong and bury my face in where Yossy sat.  XD)
You should have. :yep: ;D

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #356 on: April 20, 2009, 02:16:12 AM »
Damn, I must have barely missed this. Me, Tony, and Terrie went to use the ATM in the lobby of the Grand Hyatt a little after 1AM. I don't recall seeing anyone though. Perhaps if we weren't so tired we could have dragged our asses our of the Roosevelt faster. XD

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #357 on: April 20, 2009, 04:52:02 AM »
I was still up at 1am, I would have been there in a flash XD
I can just picture myself running out of my hotel in my PJ's while the bums attack me lol.
Thanks for the details Kim!!! Love the pictures lol.
I would have loved to see Rika too plus I can picture Yossie playing with her phone XD
Also Im really happy that you got to speak with her!! Staying at the Grand Hyatt paid off!!  :twothumbs

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #358 on: April 21, 2009, 03:34:46 AM »

Sure, and YO I'm a hook y'all up for those who went :P so don't worry about payment. :halo:
WTF?!  Seriously?  You are ridiculous, but I definitely appreciate it.  I'll have to treat you to dinner next time we meet up. 
:shocked Dang.. That'd be sweet.

Shortly after, and after 1444 left the lobby, Kei and I went over to the sofa they were lounging on and took pics.

I did, however, re-enact what Yossy was doing when we saw her

You know... I wonder what the hotel staff were thinking when we were taking photos of that sofa  XD 

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #359 on: April 21, 2009, 03:56:57 AM »
They probably thought "I'll be glad when the Sakura Con is over...(Sigh)" Even though we brought them alot of $$$

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Kuuhaku