JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sleepy.ab - Mass Gymnastic Display

Author Topic: Rediscovering H!P songs  (Read 10091 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Re: Rediscovering H!P songs
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 06:48:49 AM »
First time I heard Sakuragumi's "Hare Ame Nochi Suki" I was largely unimpressed. It was a little too soft to really grab me right away and didn't have the foreign mystique that "Sakura Mankai" has (which was the first song I ever heard from the Sakura/Otome splinter groups). But the other day I listened to kuro's H!P Music Blox radio show and he played the Natsumi Abe solo version of the song, and for some reason I was really digging it. Today I looked up the original on YouTube and just played it over and over again. :lol: The vocal melody and percussive rhythms of the chorus just clicked with me, as did the bass, piano and guitars through the whole song, especially in the intro/outro and the post-chorus breakdowns. Plus it's pretty cool to see the two Ais carry a song featuring so many other people on it.

This "acoustic" remix is pretty cool too (though I still prefer the original):

There's also a "rock remix" out there but I didn't like it at all. :P
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 12:29:50 AM »
^ Haha XD
I'm the opposite~
Back in the day when I first started listening to jpop (which by pure coincidence only consisted of H!P but it took me a while to figure out I was seeing the same faces in different groups :lol:;; ) I heard the Rock remix of Hare Ame Nochi Suki and absolutely loved it- especially Yossie being in it and the FAST dance.... I was really disapointed when I downloaded it only to find it was a balad and when I asked about the rock version on forums they told me it was unnoficial and not on a CD OAO;;

Went and looked that up ; u ;
brought back memories for me~

Same with Soku Dakishimete Shura ;   u   ; ,  never got round to tracking that down- It was one of my favourites by c-ute but for some reason the song made me uneasy OAO LOL - It might of been due to feeling very loyal to berryz koubou and not wanting to move onto what I concidered at the time to be their rivals ;  3 ;

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline fallenxangel24952

• TakaGaki Supporter 4 LIFE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 06:18:37 AM »
when I first heard Memory Seishun no Hikari i thinks it was quite normal but then I Heard Tanaka Reina Version then i thinks it was a very good songs! :heart:

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 11:00:50 PM »
I loved Karate Man's song the first time I heard it on Rhythm Tengoku, both the original and Ayaka's versions, but only today did I find the Canary Club lives of it. Does that count as rediscovery?

Bless you Tsunku, never stop writing disco goodness.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 03:30:01 AM »
I actually planned on posting this two years ago during the 2010 Christmas season but got distracted! :lol:

So yeah, Aya Matsuura's "100kai no Kiss"...

At this point, I have no idea why I passed on it when I first heard it...all I know is that it didn't really do anything for me initially. But the mellow funky rhythm and sweet holiday/romance-flavored melody eventually won me over and stands as one of my favorite Ayaya songs.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »
I can't say I'm really "rediscovering" them -- as I didn't really pay attention to them the first time 'round -- but lately I've been playing C-ute's "Kiss me Aishiteru" and "Forever Love" on near-endless repeat, along with "Ai no Dangan" by Berryz.

One song that I am rediscovering, though, is "Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku." It was the first song that sort of made me notice C-ute, but that was when they did the "30 videos in 30 days" gimmick, so I got tired of the song really quickly. Now that over a year has passed, I can go back to it now and appreciate it more. :)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 10:24:37 AM »
I've recently gained new love for "Kono chikyuu no heiwa wo honki de negatterun da yo" because I realized how much fun it would be to sing at karaoke >_< (A valid reason to start thinking of a song differently imo)

Also, I was reading some advice for trying to get in the right mood before a job interview (haha) and one of them was to think of an uplifting song which would help with getting all ^_^, and so the first song I intuitively started to hum was... Seishun Collection o-o The chorus... This song has not been a favourite for me, but this moment I realized that the song does have its perks... It's not the most ground-breaking piece of music, no, but it is uplifting in a simple, lovely way. So yes :heart: Now I have a song to think of when all hope feels lost. HA HA

Also, the other day I was listening to all my music on shuffle and bumped into Ongaku Gatas "Koi uranai doori ni wa naranai wa". This song I loved the moment I first heard it, but then sort of forgot about it because it's never performed anymore. SO... Can we please get like, a 9ki performance of this song?? I'd love to hear them putting all their might into it. It's a really cool song.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline pharmchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 07:39:59 AM »
This video below is not discovering HP song..its more like discovering HP member cover old song~~ :twothumbs
by the way this performance is so old that im sure none of them remember doing this..dozo~  :otomerika: :otomerika: :otomerika:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sleepy.ab - Mass Gymnastic Display