JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: misono - Complicated

Author Topic: (Artist) Kaji Meiko  (Read 27400 times)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) Kaji Meiko
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 11:08:28 PM »
Actually own the first 3 Stray Cat films, third movie is available over here but there is a site which sells bootlegs of Japanese movies, it's the only way you'll ever see them unfortunately. :( Also have both Wandering Ginza Butterfly movies too, first one is the real masterpiece
I have been trying to find a DVD-rip of WGB but unfortunately I haven't had any luck so far...

Jeans Blues is also a great one from her, know in her interview she said she's never seen it but it's quite entertaining. :thumbsup
Yeah, Jeans Blues is indeed a great movie and Meiko delivers yet another classic performance. I'd love to own JB on DVD but of course it has never been released in Europe :(

One of my favorite Meiko songs :yep:

What station is Machine Animal on, would love to see that one.
I doubt you have any Finnish channels lol. Anyways that same channel aired the whole Stray Cat Rock series last year. Hooray for TV-channels that show obscure Japanese cult flicks :thumbup

BTW, do you prefer Meiko's acting or singing?
Nope, no Finnish channels! :( Didn't know where you were from...guess I would choose her acting over her singing, really only because I've seen almost every movie 10+ times, :oops: though actually her singing the theme songs do make them that much better. Another DVD which I was able to find over here was another TV series of hers, Ronin of the Wasteland...my hunt to obtain everything which she has been in will never end! :panic:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 08:25:20 PM »
Maybe I'll start some sort of non-pinky 70's thread in the movie section, there are so many hundreds of fantastic ones to talk about. 8) Thought that because I just watched WGB again and took mega screenshots from it, truly one of her best movies and one that sort of flies under the radar, worth seeing just to watch her in her pool match! :inlove:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 05:05:50 AM »
No Meiko fans around anymore. :sweatdrop: Finally got the 5th Stray Cats Rock film, Machine Animal, will post some pics of it later, matter of fact just may as well start from from the first film, they're all classics! 8)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 04:29:16 AM »
Finished half the film, but here's some real interesting clips from Machine Animal, got this info from this clip.

Kaji Meiko's younger sister, Ota Tomoko(太田とも子)Born 7th July 1949.Her first singles released in 1969 under the name' Arisawa Tomoko(有沢とも子) with RCA.She then switched record companies sometime later that year and started using her real name with United Artists.Ota Masako (Kaji Meiko) had already changed her name about the same time(1969)?. The clips are from the 'Stray Cat Rock - Machine Animal' movie,she is in the credits as Ota Tomoko.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »
No Meiko fans around anymore. :sweatdrop:
I'm still here! 8)

I found out that there's a movie store near my new apartment so of course I had to check it out. All I can say is.... THE.BEST.MOVIE.STORE.EVER. They got tons of rare cult flicks and even a bunch of Meiko classics.

I ended up buying "Wandering Ginza Butterfly" simply because I haven't been able to download it. The store also had the sequel and I will prolly cop it next time. Anyways time to watch WGB :w00t:   

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »
No Meiko fans around anymore. :sweatdrop:
I'm still here! 8)

I found out that there's a movie store near my new apartment so of course I had to check it out. All I can say is.... THE.BEST.MOVIE.STORE.EVER. They got tons of rare cult flicks and even a bunch of Meiko classics.

I ended up buying "Wandering Ginza Butterfly" simply because I haven't been able to download it. The store also had the sequel and I will prolly cop it next time. Anyways time to watch WGB :w00t:
WGB was really, really good, you'll love her playing pool! :thumbsup Even though the sequel had Sonny Chiba it wasn't quite as good though still watchable, have you ever heard of the site called AsianDVDclub?
Trailer for the 4th Stray Cat Rock film, Machine Animal. :)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 08:54:01 PM »

Awesome movie! Man, I seriously did not expect Meiko to transform into Lady Snowblood during the final showdown :shocked: XD

WGB was really, really good, you'll love her playing pool!
Yeah, that was definitely one of my favorite scenes. Absolutely loved Meiko's performance in WGB :thumbup

have you ever heard of the site called AsianDVDclub?
Nah but thanks for the heads up :thumbup

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 01:06:58 AM »
^^ Got this movie from that site, Melody of Rebellion, from 1970. Sort of like the Stray Cat Rock series, released before that, so much like Japanese films from that era, thin plot and mucho fighting. :bleed eyes: Not a ton of Meiko in it but enough, one of the last films she did before she hit it really big.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »
Wonder how much a mint condition 1974 Meiko fanzine would fetch on the market?  8)

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: misono - Complicated