JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku

Author Topic: BEWARE: The ice cream man...  (Read 2720 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
BEWARE: The ice cream man...
« on: June 17, 2005, 07:32:39 AM »

For those who do not know: the Ice Cream Man is a man in a truck that plays music who sells ice cream and popsicles by driving his truck through the neighborhood. As seen in The Simpsons.

#1 June 14, 2005 Drunken ice cream man is registered sex offender

(NEW BERLIN, Wis.) — When kids in New Berlin ran to greet the approaching ice cream truck playing its familiar tune of "Pop Goes the Weasel", you can bet they never expected to find an intoxicated sex offender behind the wheel.
The 43-year-old driver was busted when a woman spotted him tossing something out of the ice cream truck window. Denell Heller hates littering, so she called police. Turns out, the tossed object was an empty malt liquor bottle. And when police tracked down the ice cream man, a Breathalyzer test showed his blood alcohol level at three times the legal limit. A state registry also shows he's a sex offender convicted in 1987.

Despite the evidence, the ice cream man says he wasn't drinking while driving. And, he says there was something wrong with the Breathalyzer that showed he was drunk.

He'll tell his story to a judge today in Waukesha County Circuit Court.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

#2 June 13, 2005 Ice Cream Man Arrested For Allegedly Selling Pot With Cones

#3 7/6/2004 Ice Cream Truck Driver Found To Be Registered Sex Offender

In summary: Kids stay away from The Ice Cream Man!!

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 06:15:41 PM »
I used to love ice cream.  My parents wouldn't let me buy anything from the ice cream man when he'd come by our neighbourhood.  Always said it was too expensive.  Nowadays I can't eat ice cream that much.  Definitely can't eat it on an empty stomach.  If I do it's like I drank Mexican water.   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 06:41:29 PM »
I never really understood the purpose of the ice-cream man...

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 10:06:43 PM »
The ice cream man who stopped by my highschool was cool.  He blasted Hiphop/R&B music instead of the Chime Theme song.  Everyone bought icecream off him.  He was a young dude too, i think it was a part time job.  Sometimes he'd chill and talk
word.

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 01:26:17 AM »
There's a cool ice cream guy near my school too. He used to have Drop It Like It's Hot remixed with the ice cream song. :lol: Never trusted the ice cream though.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
Re: BEWARE: The ice cream man...
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 07:34:31 AM »
Quote from: daigong
Despite the evidence, the ice cream man says he wasn't drinking while driving. And, he says there was something wrong with the Breathalyzer that showed he was drunk.

yeah, sure :lol:

I don't buy ice-cream being sold on the street here, sometimes it's not safe, especially when you're not used to it because the ice-cream is exposed to pollution sometimes and it's just not that clean.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: BEWARE: The ice cream man...
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 10:05:49 AM »
Quote from: arian
I don't buy ice-cream being sold on the street here, sometimes it's not safe, especially when you're not used to it because the ice-cream is exposed to pollution sometimes and it's just not that clean.

ah yeah, I stay away from street vendors. who knows how long they're shit's been in there??

The Ice Cream man we see on TV only appears at special events and parks there. The one that comes in the neighborhood used to be some punk kid (usually my classmate) on a bike. Now it's some sorta mini car with some creepy old fuck inside...but hey, they sell ice cream bars that you can't normally get in supermarkets (unless you go to 7-11)

Offline jadeangelx

• chuu~ <3
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 05:21:11 PM »
Uh....My icecream guy was COOL.  But we live in suburbia so there's rarely any icecream guys here.  At least I bought a Sailormoon popsicle from them once.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Keikoku