JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ecomoni - Eco no Warutsu

Author Topic: [11/01] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris  (Read 110988 times)

Offline mia-p

Re: [11/01] hANGRY & ANGRY in Paris
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2009, 10:03:43 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out why they have nothing planned on Friday, maybe they're not even arriving until Friday night or something, ooo jet-lag. Need to check out what else is planned that day, since I did buy a three day pass after all, If I had known I would of just bought Saturday and Sunday passes :P
Anyone here cosplaying?  :oops:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:06:06 PM by mia-p »

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2009, 12:58:42 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why they have nothing planned on Friday, maybe they're not even arriving until Friday night or something, ooo jet-lag. Need to check out what else is planned that day, since I did buy a three day pass after all, If I had known I would of just bought Saturday and Sunday passes :p
Well, some of us are hoping there are press things happening on Friday so these press passes are actually worth the hassle we went through to get 'em.  Though from experience, they had pretty bad jetlag for Sakura Con and they had arrived a couple of days prior.  But since they're going in the other direction, don't know how that will affect them.

But even without that, several of us are still going to the expo Friday morning to get merchandise stuff and autograph tickets.  And then we're going to take off and do some touristy things.

There won't be time with the way the schedule looks on Saturday.  And from experience, stuff ALWAYS sells out after a concert, so getting things Saturday afternoon is going to be pretty unreliable.
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline mia-p

« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2009, 05:59:11 AM »
Ahhh ok, I thought the tickets and everything else was all happening on Saturday and Sunday. I guess they'll have a booth in the dealers room that has all of their merch? Did they have events all three days at Sakura Con?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:02:36 AM by mia-p »

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2009, 09:19:23 PM »
I guess they'll have a booth in the dealers room that has all of their merch?
Based on the US experience, our best guess is yes.

Did they have events all three days at Sakura Con?
Yep.
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline mia-p

« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2009, 10:26:57 PM »
Ah sounds good, thanks for the info :) Hope you get some good use out of the press passes!
Hopefully getting in line on time for autograph tickets won't be too confusing, but I'm curious to see if there will be a big turnout of fans.

Offline CDevil

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2009, 02:26:34 AM »
I bought my expo ticket, so now I just need to sort out how and when exactly we'll be leaving (I'm heading down with Hello!Blog Paul but I think we've run into a few problems). Hopefully I'll see you guys there! If I see anyone with a JPHIP shirt then I'll say hi :D

mia-p are you gonna be in the UK on holiday? I'm in central London almost everyday so if you need someone to show you around give me a shout :) ...although it's not like there's a lot to see anyway lol. The LondonExpo is happening on the 24th-25th, but that's not very good.

Offline mia-p

« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2009, 07:55:53 AM »
Yup, I'm coming over with my friend, but we'll be staying with my relatives. We weren't even planning on visiting Paris but the opportunity came at just the right time  :D If I'm ever in your area I'll let you know, thanks! :thumbup By the way, did you guys get your train tickets yet? That's the only thing left  that we need to organize but I'm going to wait until we get to the UK.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »
NOICE SKED!!! Autographs, the feeling is indescribable guys!! You will be changed FOREVER!! I'm wondering if we can do a live call in like we did in seattle. At least keep us posted on the thread :D :D

LESS THAN 10 DAYS NOT EVEN HO SHIT   :otomerika: :yossi:

I made up a card and y'all can all sign. It's rushed but fuck, I had to research arts & crafts stores/videos and forgo my manliness for this!! :D

I got 1 lady small and 2 large T's, I'll split the shipment between you and Mae, Kristen!! Wear your best reporter gear. we'll bust our way in for sure!

:jphip:

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2009, 10:23:08 AM »
I floated it on the HH board about doing something for jph!p radio.  We might be able to record some verbal bits and send it via wma file (the file type that my perky new digital audio recorder saves as.)

I think Kimuuu was looking at Skype.

More to come, I'm sure!  Lots to do!!!   :jphip: :otomerika: :yossi:

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »
I floated it on the HH board about doing something for jph!p radio.  We might be able to record some verbal bits and send it via wma file (the file type that my perky new digital audio recorder saves as.)

I think Kimuuu was looking at Skype.

More to come, I'm sure!  Lots to do!!!   :jphip: :otomerika: :yossi:

I'm clearing up my sched and checking out my gear if we can do a show covering the event and just madly pimping h&a and IshiYoshi

i think it would be best to do the album launch party on the day of the concert (since it's going to be released on different days on the globe)

skype would be maddd awesome

yeah ^_^

GO TO CHUUCH, GO TO HEAVEN, SALVATION WILL BE YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2009, 07:20:10 PM »
We could gather together on saturday night for dinner and then do the show.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »
Hahaha post-concert show would be awesome.  Just like in Seattle!

Yo TRU!

You know moar about Skype?  I must admit, I have yet to check out all its functions... is there a way you can save Skype convos?  As far as I know, we won't have access to a webcam, but I'll have Mylo, which lets me use Skype (voice/text only) and possibly an iPod Touch (for which I'm sure I'll have to DL some apps like Skype to beef it up).

Daigong, maaaaaaaaannnn you are awesome.  I figure that's why you were watching that how-to-vid about pop-up cards.  LOL  Look at this crafty motherfucker.  XD  I see a loooooot of blank space on the bottom half of that card...  I think the JPHiP/HH delegation can go ahead and fill that up for ya.  ;)

GO TO CHUUCH, GO TO HEAVEN, SALVATION WILL BE YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PREACH, SISTA!   :shakeit: :otomerika: :yossi: :otomerika: :yossi: :shakeit:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2009, 12:46:32 AM »
Yo TRU!

You know moar about Skype?  I must admit, I have yet to check out all its functions... is there a way you can save Skype convos?  As far as I know, we won't have access to a webcam, but I'll have Mylo, which lets me use Skype (voice/text only) and possibly an iPod Touch (for which I'm sure I'll have to DL some apps like Skype to beef it up).
the person on the computer can record the convo ^_^
voice and text are welcome... we can even broadcast the convos live on jph!p radio!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2009, 01:13:30 AM »
osheet.  Live audio reports from Paris!

*prays there's free Wifi at the Expo site*

If no free Wifi, I have it at my hotel.   :cow:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2009, 02:46:51 AM »
YEAH!!!! :rockon:

i think daigong can take over the radio on those days... cuz i might be at the boondocks T_T... but i'm trying to get the best wireless broadband available to take part in this historic event...

so yeah...

let's see what we can cook up  :cow:  :cow:

Offline mia-p

« Reply #215 on: October 23, 2009, 06:00:37 AM »

Looks good! I like the vibrant pink and orange :D Am I the only Canadian going to this event? haha I should bring a flag or something XD

Anyhow, my flight leaves tomorrow, so just wanted to wish everyone a safe trip!!! Hope I get a chance to meet you guys (I'll be dressed in a Sakura Gumi costume at some point during the con) But if not, hope you all have an amazing time! :D And thanks for all of the helpful info! Hopefully I'll have some internet access before I get to Paris  :otomerika:

:cow: :cow:

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2009, 06:40:03 AM »
Bon voyage mia-p!!!  I'm sure we'll see each other!  Look for the small Asian chick and the tall blonde with rainbow flags!  XD

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2009, 07:50:22 AM »
(to everyone going) -- Keep an eye out for peeps with t-shirts or stickers with the jph!p logo!  Big D gave me a bunch to spread around!  Definitely come over and say "hi!"   :jphip:

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »
CJE posted formal schedules and maps.  

Interesting thing to note is that the concert and cosplay contest are only half an hour each.      :(

http://www.chibi-japan-expo.com/art-364-fr-programme.html

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2009, 05:54:13 PM »
Note that in the conference and autograph slots it says that photos are forbidden, whereas this doesn't appear in the concert slot. Would that mean that we'll be allowed to take pictures during the concert? :D

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ecomoni - Eco no Warutsu