JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gackt - Vanilla

Author Topic: Mission: °C-ute (MM+C-ute fanfic) - Final Part of Chap 3 is up!  (Read 11832 times)

Offline AngelCakes

Mission: °C-ute (MM+C-ute fanfic) - Final Part of Chap 3 is up!
« on: February 07, 2008, 02:05:52 PM »
~~~~~~~~

LINK TO CHAPTERS:

Mission: °C-ute: Prologue 1 2 3i ii iii

~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone :) I'm a first time fanfic'er, pretty much doing it for a friend of mine. So I'm open to any constructive criticism :) This fanfic revolves mainly around Morning Musume & C-ute. I really don't know enough about Berryz to write much about them. Also this is a fictional world obviously, the girl's personalities might be changed slightly, places might not be exactly how they are ... etc etc ;)

I'm also meant to mention that the Erika/Kanna relationship is a friendship/mother.daughter type thing ... not romantic in any way :p

You can read it here in the thread or at the blog I created: http://missioncute.vox.com/ The blog version has my original text structure, it didn't copy over onto here.

Enjoy :)

---

PROLOGUE

•   Yokohama Arena, Yokohama. JAPAN
•   17:56

The Yokohama Arena entrance plaza was buzzing with excitement.

Thousands of fans, some who had lined up hours in advance, were littered among the many hoards of collectors and traders who had set up their merchandise.
Fans wore their favorite girl’s colors, an array of pinks, purples and reds, while others donned glow sticks, scarves and other merchandise.
The crowd’s many conversations gave insight into their admiration and of the excitement that was to come:

“I can’t believe I’m finally going to see °C-ute!”--“I heard a rumor Mai will sing a solo, I hope so.” -- “Ah, I wonder if we’ll get to hear the new single?”

Even the dark, ominous skies and the roar of thunder in the distance could not dampen the joyous spirit of the people. Soon they would meet their idols.

•    Yokohama Arena, Yokohama. JAPAN
•   18:42

Umeda Erika ran down the hallway, her eyes sunken and her thick black hair tangled in an interweaving mess. Her shoes slapped against the linoleum floor as she frantically glanced up at the doors, "no... no... ah °C-ute, here!"

She burst into the dressing room, scurrying past the horrified glares of her fellow group members.
Hurrying to the clothes rack she grabbed the outfit marked ‘Umeda #1' and, ripping it off its hanger, she turned around to meet the eyes of her leader.
“Where have you been!?”

Yajima Maimi, a gentle yet commanding leader was thrust into her position at a young age, but the seriousness she took in her job was second to none. A mother-figure to the younger girls, and a leader to them all, she expected only the best from her group and she did not tolerate tardiness, especially from the group’s eldest member.

“Don’t ignore me,” she screamed, “I asked where you were!”
“I fell asleep, it’s no big deal” Erika said calmly as she pushed her way past Maimi, finally taking a seat at her makeup station.
“Fifteen minutes before the performance!? No big deal!?”
“I have to get ready," Erika glanced up at Maimi’s reflection, "can you yell at me later?” Her sarcastic glare almost seemed to dare her young leader to continue the war of words.
Maimi was taken aback, she gave her all for the girls and she expected respect in return.
She swung Erika’s seat around to face her, pointing her index finger in a commanding manner.
“I will not let this go.”

•   18:59

Heavy rain pelted upon the latecomers who, under black umbrellas, quickly scattered towards the Arena entrance.

A shadowy figure stood on the opposite side of the road, glancing occasionally at his pocket watch.
His watch struck 19:00 and on cue his cell phone rang.

*MINIMONI. TEREFON da! RIN RIN RI...*

“I’m in position,” he answered. “Is everything to plan?”
He waited as his assailant replied to him at the other end.
“Good, I’ll bring ‘er round the back.”
He flipped the phone off, and strolled away slowly.

•   19:00

“Ah! Hurry up Erika! We have to go!”
Arihara Kanna bounced around nervously, waiting for her best friend.

“I’m coming! I’m coming!” Erika stumbled out of the changing booth, “Here, help me with my zip.”
Erika turned around as Kanna clutched at the zipper, tugging on it in a furious rage.
“It won’t do! Oh god!” she shrieked.

Kanna's face began to turn a crimson red and her brow shined with sweat.
“Geez, KanKan! Calm down.” Erika turned to her friend who was, at this point, a nervous wreck. “Are you calm?”
Kanna’s face scrunched up, tears were imminent, “no...” she stammered.
Placing her hands on Kanna's shoulders, Erika brought her towards her, embracing her and gently stroked her hair.
“It’s ok, they’ll wait for us. The world isn’t going to end because we are five minutes late.”
Kanna gave a soft, yet sincere laugh.
“All calm now?”
“Yes, I think so.” Kanna nodded, “Thank you.”
Erika nodded back with a smile and turned around, letting Kanna do her zipper up again.
Upon swinging back she struck an embarrassing pose, “How do I look?"
Kanna could not contain herself, letting out a flurry of giggles. Erika joined her as the pair laughed together.

“Girls! What in God’s name is taking so long?” Suzuki Airi’s head appeared in the doorway. “Maimi is going to be furious!”
Airi eyes widened as she caught sight of Erika “Oh no! What have you done to your hair?”

Dashing straight for Erika’s makeup station, she rummaged through the many hair ties and clips. Erika and Kanna looked on as Airi glanced back and forth picking up various items before seeming to change her mind.
After a furious minute she rushed up to Erika, catapulting a red headband into her hands, “Quick, try this on!”
A slightly amused Erika played along as she slipped the headband on.
Airi looked Erika up and down. “It cannot be saved,” she announced, “there is simply no time. It’ll have to do.” before heading out as quickly as she had appeared.

Erika and Kanna looked at each other and, once again, burst into laughter before Kanna, grabbing Erika’s hand, led the pair out into the hallway.

•   19:07

Nakajima Saki, Okai Chisato and Hagiwara Mai sat together on the steps of a backstage corridor, while Maimi stood waiting for the others to return.
"Nooooo! Hilda used the shrinking potion on her. That is why she was able to fit in the keyhole!" Chisato said, standing up to face Saki and Mai.
Saki laughed and shook her head, "It was definitely because she learned what true love was, so she was able to return to the castle."
Mai nodded her head, "... and then she married the prince, blah blah, the end."
Chisato started jumping up and down.
"No, no, no!" she shrieked. "They used the potion, true love didn't matter, it was witchcraft!"
Mai rolled her eyes "who cares anyway, Witchcraft V sucks."
"It's ok," Saki replied, "but there are better animes."
"No! It's my favorite!" Chisato started running around the small corridor singing the anime's theme song.
"Chisato!" Maimi yelled. "Sit down!"
Without hesitation Chisato jumped back down to the steps, while Saki & Mai tried to hide their giggles.

That moment, Airi came scampering up to her waiting group members.
“They’re coming.” She told Maimi, trying to catch her breath.

She was followed, moments later, by Erika and Kanna, hand in hand, their smiles fading as they reached Maimi.
Kanna immediately stepped forward to take the blame, "Maimi," she began, "... Leader Miami..." Kanna looked around nervously. "We were on time, but then ... the zipper wouldn't do up ... I got all nervous, you know how I am, and I needed to pee .... well I still do..."
The others stared in disbelief as Kanna continued, "... so I started crying, Erika was all like 'calm down, Kankan... I was all like 'no! I can't calm down!'..." her hands flared as she acted out the scene, "Erika was like, 'it's ok, just calm down'.... and again I was like 'no I can't! I can't calm do-"
"Enough!" Maimi held her hand up, silencing the young girl who quickly glanced towards the floor. "You are here now, that's what matters. Huddle time!"

The girls locked together in a tight circle, as they had done many times before, and suddenly their previous squabbles didn’t seem important anymore. They were a team.
Maimi led their chant.

“1, 2, 3, Starto!”

One by one they each called out their names, placing their right hands in a pile at the centre of the circle as they did.

“ERIKA!”
“SAKI!”
“AIRI!”
“CHISATO!”
“MAI!”
“KANNA!”

In unison they thrust their hands into the air in an exuberant cheer.

“KYUTO! YEAH!”

The girls laughed and smiled as the lights in the theatre slowly dimmed, the electronic beats of the intro music began to play from the speakers, and the crowd began to roar.

•   19:10

The wheels of the white van screeched as they rolled around the slippery corner of the alleyway. It came to a sudden halt outside a solitary door, illuminated by only a dim fluorescent lamp above.

The driver stared at the car’s clock, and in a gruff pulled out his cell phone.
“Boss, I’m at the pickup point. It’s 1910 hours and there’s no sign of em. Somethin’ wrong?”
He readjusted his review mirror with his left hand, sighting the deserted alleyway.

As he listened to his superior’s response, he heard a faint familiar sound in the distance. Turning his head he recognized the sirens.

“Boss, the mission is in jeopardy. I’ve just heard sirens, can’t be more than a couple of kilometres away. I repeat: the mission is in jeopardy! It needs to be now!”

•   19:13

°C-ute's first concert of the year would be their only one of the season, and it had sold out within an hour of tickets being on sale. The Arena was full, not one seat was vacant, and the already anxious crowd was growing impatient at the delay. They chanted in unison, “KYUTO! KYUTO! KYUTO!” as if calling upon their idols.

A large stocky man stood among a sea of screaming fans.
His nerves had gotten the best of him. They had not anticipated the delay of the start of the concert and by now he had expected the mission to be complete. The plan was to be followed exactly; °C-ute would perform their first song and at its conclusion he would execute his job.

The lights finally began to dim, as a wave of excitement swept across the packed Yokohama Arena. Fans held up glow sticks and called out to their favorite members as shadowy figures hurried on stage in the darkness.

From his waist he heard a soft beeping and, looking down, noticed his pager had gone off. The dim red light flicked on and off. Plan B. The time had come.

•   19:13

The girls hurried in the darkness to their positions on the large stage.
The intro music, a mixture of electronic beats and synthesized vocals, blared out as the audience roared.

Maimi stared out through the darkness. A vast ocean of colors streamed through the infectious crowd as she heard fans screaming her name. This is what she lived for, why she had worked so hard.

Bright white lights shone up through the stage floor, silhouetting each of the girls against cloth backdrops. The crowd’s screams grew louder.

Familiar beats echoed around the Arena, and °C-ute sang in the darkness.

“lao,
wow woah, lao.
wow woah, lao.
wow woah, lao.”

A flash of pink light illuminated the stage, and spotlights swerved down from the ceiling resting  on Maimi. She lifted the microphone to her lips.

“Aso he no!”

Suddenly all the girls were bathed in brilliant colors. The crowd began to jump, reaching for their girls.

“That's the POWER Ikiru
That's the POWER Koyoi tanoshii PAREEDO
That's the POWER Meccha
That’s the PO-”

Without warning a deafening explosion ripped through the Arena, followed shortly by 4 others. Instantaneously the lights were extinguished as balls of fire exploded in the middle of the crowds, sending shock waves through the people.

The girls on stage were blasted off their feet, soaring several meters.
Mai, at the edge of the stage, was catapulted off, coming to a thud at the bottom of the 3 metre drop.
Maimi staggered to her feet, falling to her knees after only a few steps. Bruised and bleeding, she eyed a lifeless Chisato, face down in a pool of, what appeared to be, blood. Saki sat screaming in pain only meters away; a gash on left leg.
She could not control her thoughts. What was happening? The screams of horrified people surrounded her, penetrating her mind.
She felt a powerful grasp at her forearm, and she was swung backwards as she was swept in darkness.

•   19:17

The driver of the white van hurried his accomplices who, one by one, threw thick black sacks into the back of the van, climbing in after them.

“That’s only six!” He screamed, “Where’s Diego? Where’s the seventh!?”
“I dunno man, I only look out for myself” one of his cronies replied.

The sirens in the distance grew louder.

“No time, let’s get outta here!”

Running around to the driver’s door, he jumped in, and the terrorists sped off into the night.

•   Later that evening

The deserted Arena lay under the dim battery operated lights of the rescue team.
Charred bodies were strewn across the ground, hundreds of lost souls.

Niigaki Risa scanned the floor, cautiously stepping over the corpses.
“Any more survivors?” Tanaka Reina yelled to her from across the grounds.
“Not that I can see,” Risa replied “but there’s smoke everywhere.”
“Everywhere is an understatement” Reina scoffed back in disgust.

A high pitched squeal came from the north side of the Arena.
Reina shone her torch in the direction of the darkness, revealing Michishige Sayumi and Kusumi Koharu grasping onto each other.
“My torch,” Sayumi stammered, “it went out.”
The younger Koharu, next to her, was on the verge of tears.

“Here!” Junjun catapulted her torch across the arena. “You can have mine.”
The torch, sailing long past the weeping girls, landed towards the north of the Arena. Scuttling along the ground, it finally rested up against the main stage.
“There!” Sayu pointed to a lifeless body, unveiled in the darkness by the light, as Koharu let out a surprised gasp.

The five girls began running in unison towards the body. Upon reaching the solitary body, Risa stepped forward and rolled her over.
The young girl’s eyelids fluttered, as she scrunched her sooty face to make out her rescuers.
She spoke in a soft, broken voice, weak from the explosion.
“Ga…ki … san?”

Risa picked up Junjun’s torch, which lay at her feet, her eyes widening as she brought the light upon the young girl’s face.
“Hagitty-chan?!”

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 08:50:39 AM by AngelCakes »

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
Re: Mission: °C-ute
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 02:46:46 PM »
Wow now that is a long prologue  :shocked:
I wanted this fic to be continued for a long while (obviously seeing it was started as a present for me :D) plus i need closure on whats just happened to the girls  :cry:

I thought Mai was dead to start with, a 3m fall isn't good for anyway, thank god she is ok, and now she can help detective Musumes with what happened to track down the bastard kidnappers   :mon headbang:
But Chisato, Nooooooo  :gyaaah: nothing looks good for her considering she was in a pool of blood and lifeless :pleeease:

But on the other hand, the Erika/KanKan friendship is so sweet and Kanna's kookiness really suits her :P
And Chisato running around the halls like she has had waaaaaaay too much sugar  :rofl:
Maimi is great too, so stern and serious and scary and Miki like  :mon fyeah:

Btw, i hope you realise that by having such a long prologue, you are expected to have even longer chapters after this ;)

I of course can't wait for this fic to updated and its up there in my fav fics dear friend o' mine  :gmon bang: :gmon flowers: :gmon heartu:

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »
Oh man. That was pretty intense. Haha. I like how strict Leader Maimi is... it's almost scary.
I thought Mai died, too and I was really upset... but now I'm just worried about Chisato. And I'm also super curious as to why C-ute had to be kidnapped and why they had to blow up a building to do it!

I do hope you continue this. :mon fyeah:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »
That was a great start!
But it was also sad with the girls being attacked and kidnapped or something like that...
And what are the morning musume girls? Are they still singers? It doesn't look like it.
I wanna read what happened next, I hope they're ok after all!  :-\

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 06:10:59 PM »
that was very good. :yep: what happened to kanna after that?  :'(

Offline AngelCakes

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments :) I've just finished my first draft of Chap 1. It's quite light-hearted, very different from the Prologue. I'll have it up for you all shortly :)

And I'm also super curious as to why C-ute had to be kidnapped and why they had to blow up a building to do it!
I do hope you continue this. :mon fyeah:

Well you'll find out about C-ute being kidnapped later on :) About why they needed to blow up the Arena .... for effect ;)
I'll try my best  :yep:

what happened to kanna after that?  :'(

Gotta read on to find out ;)

And what are the morning musume girls? Are they still singers? It doesn't look like it.

lol. They're detectives now ... erm ... lol I dont have much of an answer for that :p A MM song makes a cameo in Chapter 1, it isn't really said whether they sing it or not though. It's one of the great mysteries of the world ;)

Btw, i hope you realise that by having such a long prologue, you are expected to have even longer chapters after this ;)

Chap 1 is longer than the Prologue ;) Just...

Offline AngelCakes

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 11:22:52 AM »
Ok, here's Chapter One. The blog link is here: http://missioncute.vox.com/library/post/mission-c-ute---chapter-one.html I hope you enjoy it :)

Chapter One
CAFÉ CLUES

A cool breeze glided over the red and white parasols of the charming little café. It sat quaintly at the corner of an outdoor market, bustling with the early afternoon rush. The tree lined streets were littered with patrons who, in their hurry, seemed to overlook the hidden treasure that was the ‘Berry Tea Café’.

Two girls sat in solitude at one of the many black, iron patterned tables, sipping on peach iced tea and, every so often, taking small morsels of a large blueberry muffin that they were sharing.
“This place is gorgeous,” Risa told her friend, “how come no one seems to notice it?”
“Too busy,” Takahashi Ai guessed, beginngin to list possible reasons, “or maybe people prefer fast food nowadays?”
“Either way they are missing out.”

Around them the previously gentle breeze began to transform into an unpleasant gust.
Ai looked to the sky, seeing the white puffy clouds swiftly floating by.
“There’s a storm coming,” Risa announced, “see the dark clouds over there.” She pointed behind Ai, who turned around to view the grim, overcast skies.
Ai nodded, “we should probably head inside.”
The pair picked up their bags, glasses of iced tea, and their half eaten muffin and headed for the large patio doors which led into the ‘Berry Tea Café’.
Risa pushed the door with her back, holding it open as Ai hurried inside.

The café was just as deserted inside as out.
The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air as French music played from an old gramophone sitting on the main counter top, which was currently unmanned.
A man sat in a dark corner, his back facing the rest of the café, as he slurped up his beverage.
“Ah this is better!” Risa smiled, slipping off her heavy winter coat as they sat down at a table near the front windows.

*MINIMONI. TEREFON da! RIN RIN RIN! Denwa wo kakema-*

The cell phone music played softly yet filled the tiny café. Ai peered around her friend, who had turned around to eye the man answering the call. Turning back, Risa gave Ai a light hearted smile.

The man spoke in a low, muffled voice, as if concerned at the girl’s presence.
“Yes ... yes I already know all the detai- ... uh huh ok.” He scribbled information down on a café napkin, “Yes I’ve written it down.”
The man at this point seemed frustrated and anxious. His voice raised slightly as he sternly spoke into his phone, “I am ready, I know the plan!” before he hung up, tossing the phone on the table where it slowly skided to a stop.He quickly rose from his chair, leaving his belongings where they were, and walked towards the door marked ‘Garçons’. On his way he knocked Risa’s chair with his leg, though, seeming oblivious, continued swiftly through the door.

Risa’s eyes were wide in shock, “Well that was rude!”
“Rude..." Ai replied, "and very odd, something is up.”
“He mentioned a plan,” Risa nodded, “I think he wrote something down.”
Ai looked around eying the now deserted café, “You keep a look out, I’ll check out his table.”
“Wait! What do I say if he comes back? What’s the signal?” Risa quickly asked.
“Just call out to me.”
“How about a song?” Risa replied half ignoring Ai, “Which song should I sing?”
Ai rolled her eyes, “Any song will do.”
“Any song, hmm,” Risa thought, “how about Manpower!?”
“It really doesn’t matter.” Ai responded as she quickly rose from her chair.
Shrugging, Risa swung her own chair around, giving her a clear view of the men’s toilets, as she sipped at her remaining iced tea.

Upon reaching the man’s vacant table, Ai began to rummage through the myriad of items that were strewn across it. Surrounding an empty coffee mug and a small plate, which contained crumbs of cake, were many papers and folders, nothing unusual for a busy Tokyo business man.
Ai flipped through searching for the note the man had just written.

“Err” Risa suddenly perked up as she slammed her iced tea on the table, “Umm ... MANPOWER ga ... subarashii ... MANPOWER tte sore ga bokura sa!”

Ai looked up to see the door of the toilet opening slowly, quickly giving one last examination of the table. As she was just about to give up she sighted a scrunched up napkin and, upon open it, found notes scribbled on it. She wasn’t sure if this is what she was looking for but she had no time left and she quickly headed out of the café, the napkin clenched tightly in her hand.

“mirai wo kaeyou!  Kako wa .... kak-“ Risa stopped her singing as the man, who had now exited the bathroom began slowly pacing towards her.
Slipping her chair back slowly she began to gather her and Ai’s belongings, threw some change onto the table before promptly standing up. Just as she turned towards the café entrance, a large hand grabbed her shoulder. She scrunched her face and closed her eyes as she was spun around by the large man.

After a few silent moments, Risa cautiously squinted her eyes to make out a grinning large man, smiling from ear to ear.
“I love that song!” he proclaimed.
“Ah! Me too!” Risa let out a soft laugh before backing out of the café to join her friend.

*~~*

“Cute will suit her best!”
Sayumi’s face had become as pink as her sweater as she tugged furiously at Junjun’s left arm.
“Cute? Ha! Cute is for 12 year old girls. Yankii is the way to go!” Reina yelled back as she pulled on Junjun’s other arm with all her might.

The three girls stood in the middle of Queen’s Square, among the many boutiques and clothing stores.
“Hey you guys, I’m not a yoyo!” Junjun screamed as the other two girls tugged at her arms.
Sayumi and Reina let go of Junjun’s arms, Sayumi placing her hands on her hips while Reina crossed her arms in an angry huff.
“I really don’t want anything too drastic,” Junjun explained to the girls, “not too cute or too yankii. Perhaps something in the middle would suit me best?”
Sayumi’s mouth opened wide, “Don’t even say that!” she replied.
“Oh please,” Reina laughed. “Like I said, cute is for little girls.”
“Well Yankii is for loser outcasts with no friends!”
Reina scoffed, turning her back on Sayumi, "Then cute must be for idiots with no brains..." she mumbled under her breath.
"What did you just say to me!?"

The girls were now in each other’s faces as a soft jingle played from Junjun’s pocket. Upon answering the phone, she strained to hear the voice at the other end over the insults being thrown around her.
“Can you two both shutup!?” Junjun yelled, bringing Sayumi and Reina to an astonishing silence. “I have to take this call...” she explained softly.

“Hell- ... Hello?”
Risa’s panicked voice blared through from the phone's other end, “Junjun! You girl’s have to get back to the agency ASAP! Something is going down tonight at 7 o’clock and we need to figure out what it is.”
“Sure, sure,” Junjun answered. “But Eri isn’t with us, she went to the movies.”
There was a slight pause from Risa as she thought. “Well just forget her, we can do it without her.”
“Ok, we’ll be there as soon as we can.”
“Great.” Risa paused once again before nervously continuing, “... can you girls do me a favor?”
“Depends on what it is?” Junjun cautiously replied.
“Pick up the girls from school...?”

*~~*

Linlin & Koharu stood outside the large gates of the prestigious Tokyo Prep School. It was a cool day so both had navy sweaters on underneath their school blazers. Koharu wore dark stockings under her skirt while Linlin wore trackpants.

“It doesn’t matter, the mark doesn’t even go towards anything.” Linlin reassured Koharu who had buried her face in her test paper.
“I know,” her muffled voice replied, “but a C minus!?”
She thrust the paper towards Linlin, holding it up for her to see the large C minus written in thick red ink. “I tried so hard too.”
Linlin brushed the paper from her face, “You hardly studied at all!” she laughed back.
Koharu’s mouth dropped open as she gave Linlin a playful shove, “Well excuse me Miss A+, we can’t all be geniuses!”

The pair laughed as the school bell rang and large groups of girls began shovelling out from the large oak doors at the top of the school’s stone steps.
Mitsui Aika came jogging up, with a huge smile on her face.
“Guess what?!” she screamed as she reached her waiting elders.
“I give up!” Linlin mimicked Aika’s enthusiasm.
Aika’s had a huge grin on her face as she pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket and, upon unfolding it, revealed a scrunched up test paper with a large A+ written on it.
“Top of the class!” She yelled as she threw her hands in the air in victory.
“Oh God!” Koharu threw her hands in the air, sending her test paper flying, as she quickly retreated down the road, “My life is over!”

The three girls walked side by side as they trudged down the path to their homes, kicking rocks as they went. Aika had a large stick in her hand that she swung to hit the leaves of trees as they walked.
A screech of tires caused them all to turn their heads in unison to see a large red car speeding down the road towards them. It stalled suddenly a few meters behind them, before starting up again and stopping once again, slightly closer. After two more stalls it finally reached them level at the curb.

The car’s window rolled down revealing an enraged Reina.
“When did you girls get off school!?”
The three girls glanced at each other.
“3:30,” Koharu replied, “the same time we always do. Risa wasn’t there to pick us up so we decided to just wal-”
“Do not bore me with your life story! You should have waited.” Reina scolded the young girls. “We have been driving around for an hour searching for you!”
“Sorry Reina,” Linlin chirped, “It’s just that the sky looks dark and none of us have an umbrella and ... we.... er..."
Linlin’s voice trailed off as Reina’s eyebrows slowly raised, her eyes glazing over in fury.
“Just get in the car!”

*~~*

The Morning Musume Agency headquarters was more of an old house than a high class secret agency. It had once belonged to Ai’s grandmother who had passed away two years prior and had left the property to her granddaughter.
The house still maintained that musty old person’s smell that the girls felt the need to comment on during each visit, an absurd fusion of potpourri, mothballs and warm chicken soup.
The old tattered furniture still rested in their original places, surrounded by the high tech gadgets introduced by the young girls. Cell phones rested on a table housing an old rotary dial telephone, the beautiful collision of old and new.

Risa lounged on a large tartan sofa, holding the napkin that the two had extradited earlier that day.
“I get the 1900 part, and the date,” she explained, “but what does ‘ya’ mean?”
“It is Y.A,” Ai snatched the napkin from her, “It's the initials of something. Perhaps a person, or maybe a place?”

Their heads turned as resounding thuds echoed through the house from the grey wooden floorboards of the hallway, followed by the cymbal like crashing of the front door. Reina led the way followed by the other girls.
“We let ourselves in,” she proclaimed, as they entered the living room.
Ai looked at Risa, rolling her eyes slightly “Yes, we can see that. Take a seat.”
Sayumi glared around the living room, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping a small wooden stool, before taking a seat.
Aika held her nose closed with her thumb and index finger, “This place smells like old people...”

*~~*

Kamei Eri rested her head against the plush cinema seat, dozing quietly as the film credits slowly rolled down the projection screen. Next to her Erika lay stretched out over 3 seats, snoring loudly, until a buzzing caused her to stir from her slumber.
Her cell phone was vibrating and letting off intermitting buzzing, warning her of a new text message.

Half asleep, Erika flipped open the phone.

!~*~ERIKA~*~ !

WHR R U? _(._.)_ CNCRT STRT IN 1HR ♪ (o^-^o)

HRY HRY! ~(≧ε≦)★

♥ ARIKAN ♥

She sat straight up, immediately awake. How could she have forgotten about the concert?
Checking her watch she saw that it was indeed just past 6pm and she viciously shook Eri to wake her.
“Urgh...” Eri mumbled under her breath, “what ... where am I?”
“The movies, we fell asleep.” Erika explained quickly, “But I've got to get to the Yokohama Arena, the concert!”
“What!?” Eri jumped up out of her chair. “When?”
“I only have an hour”
“Well let’s go!”

The two girls rushed out of the cinema, and through the foyer till they got to the road. Eri waved her hands frantically to signal a taxi cab, “Cmon... Cmon!” she begged as she jumped around.

After a frantic few minutes, a cab pulled up to the curb and Erika quickly jumped into the back seat.
The young looking driver peered back and, in a monotone voice, asked Erika’s destination.
“Yokohama Arena please! Fast!”

She rolled down the cab window as it prepared to leave.
“Bye Eri,” she blew her friend a kiss, “thanks for the film.”
“No problem,” Eri waved. “Good luck tonight!”

With that the cab sped off, swerving through the rush hour traffic.

Eri pulled on her coat, panting slightly. Unlike Erika, she had chosen to obey the cinema’s instructions and had turned her cell off before the film started. Upon reactivating it, she noticed a message from Ai to meet her and the other girls at the agency as soon as she good.

*~~*

“How do we even know that something bad is going on?” Koharu asked, pacing up and down the room, “Maybe the guy was just hungry and he wanted to eat a ‘Yummy Apple’? Or maybe he was commenting about Ai and Risa ... ‘Young Adults’?”
The others stared at her in silence.
“I’m just saying,” she shrugged, “it is possible.”

“We’re running out of time!”
Junjun stood up from her chair, stomping her foot on the ground in frustration. “We’ve been working on this for hours and we are still nowhere closer to figuring it out.”
“We’ve got to keep trying,” Sayumi reassured her, gently ushering her back into her chair, “we still have about half an hour.”

There was a sudden knock at the house’s front door and in unison all the girls stood up.
“I’ll get it!”
Linlin, who was sitting closest to the hallway, laughed. “I,” she said emphatically, pointing at herself “will get it.”
She rushed down the hallway to the front of the house and opened the heavy door to a flustered Eri.

“Ah! How was the movie?”
“Boring,” Eri replied, “we fell asleep.”
“... we?” Linlin looked confused.
“Erika and I” Eri explained.

Linlin closed the door and the two began walking up the hall.

“Where is Erika then? She went home?”
“Noooo, it was so bad! She has a concert tonight and she had totally forgotten, right?”
Linlin nodded as she listened to Eri’s story
“...and we fell asleep and she got a text message, so we had to rush outside...”

The pair reached the end of the hallway and entered the living room.

“...so we hailed a taxi and now she has to make it to the Yokohama Arena by 7pm!”

Eri chuckled and shook her head as the other eight girls all glanced at each other, standing up slowly, one by one, as the connection clicked in their minds.

“The Yokohama Arena!”

Ai grabbed her coat and ran for the hallway, turning around to face everyone.
“We only have twenty minutes. Let’s roll!”

The girls all swiftly grabbed their bags and jackets before filing out leaving a confused Eri standing alone at the hallway entrance.
“Will somebody please tell me what is going on?"

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
Re: Mission: °C-ute - Chapter One is now up
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »
So the morning musume girls are secret agents? That's going to be interesting  :grin:
And they also discovered about the Yokohama Arena on time, which makes me very sad to know that they couldn't help all the °C-ute girls.  :-\
Keep it up!

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »
I realy like the idea of the Momusu as secret agents.
Anyway a great start for a first-time fanfic ( i realy like how you write the humourous parts, i lol'd at the MANPOWER bit) , hope we could read more of your works ^^
waiting for the next chapter ^^

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 06:47:57 PM »
i love it.  :grin: great 1st chapter. mm together as one  :love: its got comedy too  :rofl:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 02:20:12 AM »
 :otomerika: YAY for a new update and YAY that chapter one is slightly longer then the prologue :P
I love that this  chapter is so light-hearted and comedic, its like the calm before the storm, ooooooh what a good analogy with Risa talking about the storm clouds and the girls walking home coz it looked like it was gonna rain :lol:

Gotta love Ai and Risa at the café, Ai being so serious and Ai-like and Risa being goofy and cute. But how could she not realise that singing Manpower while staring at the door of the men’s toilet is a little creepy XD

Reina is just awesome! Her bickering with Sayu made me smile and giggle to myself… actually I do that every time she opens her mouth. No fic is complete without sarcastic comments by someone and Reina more than makes up for that. :mon yeah:

I think its great that this chapter shows the relationships within MM and gives a chance to explain/develop all their personalities. I especially love all the fine detials and the way the agency’s headquarters is described, sounds so cosy and I feel like I’m there… although I’m glad I’m not coz with that mix of smells, I’m sure I’d be holding my nose just like Mittsi, despite it ebing such a familiar, nurturing smell. ;)

*sings* DON’T STOP!  :luvluv2: :wriggly: :mon lovelaff:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 10:04:59 AM by lollipopgirl »

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 05:30:01 PM »
still waiting for chapter 2 .....................

Offline AngelCakes

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 03:54:28 PM »
I know, sorry! I've been pretty busy. BAD ME BAD ME! lol.

Chap 2 is about 3/4 done, then I just gotta edit and fix it up. It should be up soon. It will be about as long as the other chapters (if not slightly longer) and kind of action based, I guess. Hopefully it will make up for my tardiness.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:34:50 AM by AngelCakes »

Offline AngelCakes

Re: Mission: °C-ute - Chapter Two is *finally* up
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:27:38 PM »
Chapter two is now up. Sorry for the wait. Hopefully you enjoy :) For some reason 'c.at' (without the period) kept coming up as squirrel so I had to put c.at - not a huge issue. I dunno why it did that though :p

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks :)

---

Ok there is obviously some type of April Fool's joke. Jun.Jun become Linlin, C.at become squirrel ... there's no point posting now since it would be illegible.

You can read it here: http://missioncute.vox.com/library/post/chapter-two.html

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:54:01 PM by AngelCakes »

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 01:33:41 PM »
Ok there is obviously some type of April Fool's joke. Jun.Jun become Linlin, C.at become squirrel ... there's no point posting now since it would be illegible.

yep, JPHIP is in 4-1 mode

yay for ch. 2 ~

Offline AngelCakes

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 08:16:27 AM »
lol yes I was a bit confused for a bit  :P I guess I was fooled  :sweatdrop:

Anyway as promised here is Chap.Two ... it's quite a bit longer than the other 2 chapters, so sorry for those who prefer briefer chapters. I tried to make it all connect up with the prologue, hopefully I didn't make any glaringly obvious continuity errors  :P Enjoy!:

-----

Chapter Two
THE CHASE

The clouded Yokohama night sky was illuminated by towering skyscrapers and rippled reflections of neon lights. Intrusive music from elevated speakers drained out the voices of the people below, their conversations becoming muffled as they fought to counter the noises of the city. Above them, traffic stood still over the Yokohama Harbour, horns blaring as impatient commuters yelled from their vehicles. Interweaving between the many cars were three motorcycles. Roaring against the wind, their occupants made their way towards the city center.

Veering off at the first exit, past broken glass scattered amongst the asphalt and a stationary police car, the motorcycles drove side by side as rain began to fall. Turning onto a side street the group passed posters plastered against the wall, the young vibrant faces of youth, promotion of the new C-ute concert tour.

Holding her arm up, Eri wiped the rain off her watch face. She squinted her eyes as she tried to make out the time whilst firmly clutching at Risa’s waist.
“It’s five past nine,” she yelled in her friend’s ear, “We’re too late!”
“We can still make it!” Risa yelled back.

Leading the pack ahead of them was Ai, whilst behind was Reina and Sayumi, whose eyes were clenched closed as she held onto her partner tightly.

Their motorcycles skidded along the wet road as they came to a halt out front of the Yokohama Arena. The faint sound of music echoed around them as they removed their helmets.
“I can hear them!” Sayu jumped up, “We made it!”
“We have to hurry,” Ai quickly retorted. “We’re not out of danger yet.”

The group scurried across the plaza towards the large glass panel entrance, as police sirens echoed in the distance. Ai pointed to her side as she directed Risa and Eri around the back. The two girls quickly diverted towards a side alleyway, their figures casting large shadows against the buildings and they ran through the rain.
Ai thrust open the doors of the Arena and the three burst into the front foyer.
“Get security!” Ai ordered a uniformed worker standing at the entrance to the main arena, “This site is a potential dan-“
The explosion ricocheted through the front foyer, blowing the arena doors off, as the three girls were propelled off their feet. Catapulting through the front entrance, they landed in the middle of the plaza, rain pelting on them amongst a sea of shattered glass.

Eri swung around at the sound of the explosion.
“Screams…” she stammered, “Sayu?”
Risa grabbed her arm as she pulled her into the shadows. Ahead of them a white van roared its engine as a number of men exited from a fire exit and stumbled into the vehicle.
The girls could see large sacks being thrown into the van, but against the rain and wind they were unable to make out any of the conversation.
“That’s them.” Risa whispered. “In those bags…”
“We have to save them!” Eri stepped forward onto the road, Risa quickly pulling her back as the van sped past them down the alleyway.

Ai sat up quickly, brushing the glass from her clothes before helping up Sayumi and Reina who had both suffered minor abrasions.
They turned at the sound of a loud screech, the white van turning from the side street.
Risa and Eri appeared from the side of the arena.
“Ai!” Risa called out, struggling for breath. “In the van, go!”
Ai, Reina and Sayumi ran to their motorcycles, quickly jumping on.
“Check for survivors!” Ai yelled back over the sound of the roaring engines, before the two bikes sped away in pursuit.

Risa watched as Ai, Reina and Sayumi drive off into the darkness, still trying to catch her breath. Next to her, Eri was resting against the stone brick wall, tears welling in her eyes.
“No time to cry now,” Risa grabbed Eri’s hand, “we have to help.”

The pair ran towards the, now damaged, entrance, cautiously stepping over the broken shards of glass that was dispersed over almost the entire front plaza. Stepping into the foyer, the duo was met with black smoke which billowed from the main arena.
“How will we be able to see?” Eri whispered, “…how can we help them?”
Risa shook her head in disbelief. “Who would do something like this…?”
“We should get help, we can’t do this alone.”
“Agreed.”

The pair rushed back out into the rain, scanning the vicinity for help.
Running to the road, Risa looked down into the darkness concernedly. “Where are the others?!”
Pulling out her phone, she started dialling Junjun’s number.
“Sir?!”
Spinning around, Risa saw Eri calling out to a thin man who had appeared from the alleyway they had been in only moments earlier.
“Sir, there’s been a bomb and many people are injured. Please help us!”
The man’s eyes widened as they darted from Eri to Risa and then to the smoke which was now ascending towards the already darkened skies. As quickly as he appeared the man ducked back into the darkness of the alleyway, his footsteps echoing along its walls.
“Risa!”
“I’m already with you!” Risa jumped onto her motor cycle and started down towards the alleyway, slowing as she reached Eri. “Get on!”
Eri jumped onto the side of the bike and Risa continued up the alleyway.

The alleyway was damp and dimly lit, with pockets of shadows every few meters.
The girls quickly reached the end of the alleyway, two paths leading in the opposite directions.
“Which way do I go?” Risa’s voice was horse as she called out over the sound of the motor cycle.
Eri’s eyes squinted as she peered down each path, though neither was lit well enough for her to see. Her eyebrows arched as she frantically began tapping on Risa’s shoulder. “Turn the engine off!”
Risa quickly obeyed her friend and, as the engine slowly quietened, the girls heard faint footsteps.
“Bingo!”

*~~*

“Why is this traffic not moving!?”
Junjun blasted her hand against the car horn for the eighth time, pressing down for what seemed like an eternity.
“AHHHHH!” Koharu slapped Junjun on the head from behind, “Too loud!”
Junjun rested her cheek against the windscreen as she looked out onto the Yokohama harbor from the highway above. She had been sitting there for the past 10 minutes, barely moving an inch, and her patience was being tested. She had absolute faith in the other girls, that they would be able to help C-ute, though that left her the worst job of all: babysitter.
“Excuse me? Attention all people!” Aika had stuck half her body out the car window, her right hand was curved at her mouth, the other grasping the roof of the car. “We have an emergency! If you could all just move … please?”
“Get down from there!” Junjun tugged at Aika’s sweater, lowering her back into the car, “It’s not safe.”
“I see police up ahead” Linlin had crawled in between Aika and Junjun in the front of the car and was now pointing to the flashing lights of police cars a few hundred meters up the road. “We should ask them for help.”

The girls all got out of the car into a blistering chill.
“Stay right behind me,” Junjun cautioned the others before darting towards the flashing lights ahead.
Koharu and Aika joined hands as they ran together.
“Wa~hhhh this is so exciting!”
“We’re totally like secret agents!” Aika nodded in agreement.
“Hurry up!” Linlin called from ahead as she tugged her coat tighter against her body.

Shortly Junjun reached the officers who were busy dealing with a car accident, seemingly the cause of the traffic.
“Excuse me, sir?” Junjun rushed over to what looked to be the officer in charge.
“Sorry girlie, I ain’t got no time for chit chat. Can’t you see I got two blocked lanes in peak hour to deal with.” The officer’s voice was gruff and cold. “You’ll be on your way to the mall, or the cinemas, or wherever it is you and your friends are off too shortly.”
“No that’s not it!” Linlin chirped in, “There is a concert at the Yokohama Arena tonight, it’s starting about now and we thi…”
“A concert, did ya say?!” The officer mocked, “Well why didn’t ya say so? Boys, let’s get these girls a police escort quickly so they can make their concert in time!”An officer a few meters away laughed. “Look just beat it kids, we’ll be finished soon.”

The girls stood in a circle, bathed in the red and blue lights of the police car, pondering their options.
“He won’t even listen!” Aika stomped her foot on the ground.
“We have to make him! I’ll give him a piece of my mind!” Koharu rolled her sleeves up, “Officer wo PU~N!!” She punched the air a few times.
Linlin rolled her eyes, laughing, “Violence is never the answer. In fact in 94% of cases, disputes can easily be resolved with civilised discussion."
Koharu poked her tongue out at her friend as Junjun suddenly spoke up.
“I think I have an idea.”

*~~*

“Did you know that in 40% of car accidents, the negligible driver is either under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs?” Linlin tugged at the police officer’s coat as she followed him around the road, “Is that the case here?”
“I don’t know,” The officer mumbled as he brushed away Linlin. “Could you stop following me kid? Go play with your friends.”
Linlin continued following the officer who swiftly moved further from her after every step until they were both a fair distance from where they had begun. She turned around peering towards the officer’s car to see Junjun, Koharu and Aika ducking behind. Smiling, she held up her hand in an ‘A-OK’ symbol and nodded to which Junjun did the same.

“I see this glass is spread out in an evenly dispersed manner outward from the vehicle. Does that indicate a forward trajectory upon impact?”
“Yeah I guess, anything else?!” The officer’s face was red with frustration.
Linlin glanced back to see the girls crawling into the car, before turning back to the office. “No thank you, Sir. You’ve been quite helpful.”
At that moment the police car’s sirens began to blare as the engine revved loudly.
Linlin dashed towards the car as it spun around, stopping briefly as Linlin jumped in, then blaring down the off-ramp leaving many stunned faces behind.

“Good job,” Junjun smiled in the rear-view mirror back at Linlin.
“All in a day’s work!” Linlin grinned as Koharu shoved her, laughing.
“Let’s go save C-ute!” Aika raised her fist in the air, “Secret agents UNITE!”
Junjun looked over to her, one eyebrow raised. “Secret agents…?”
 “Red light, straight through! We’re Police, wa~hh!”

The police siren roared as they neared the Yokohama Arena. They had reached the road adjacent to the Arena when a white van came speeding past, cutting them off at the intersection, followed by two motorcycles.
“Ai!” Aika jumped up and down in her seat, “that was Ai-chan!”
“…and Reina and Sayumi, I think.” Linlin continued, “We have to help them.”
Junjun nodded as she steered the car away from the Yokohama Arena, in the direction of the chase.

*~~*

Risa’s motor cycle came to a screeching halt as they reached a large brick building at the end of the alleyway, a dead end.
“Where did he go?” Eri looked around.
“Look!” Risa pointed at a small laneway between buildings a few meters behind them, running up to investigate. “It looks too small for the bike, we’ll have to go on foot.”

Together the pair ran down the dark lane way which was filled with dank, stinky water.
“You realize when we finally catch this guy, I’m going to make him wish he never met me,” Risa huffed as she trudged along, “These boots are new! Now they’re ruined.”
“I can’t believe you are thinking of footwear at a time like this!”
“It’s my defence mechanism!”

The girls finally ran out onto a ledge overlooking the Plaza Shopping Complex. A rustic spiral staircase led down to large crowds of shoppers loitering around one of the many entrances.
“Where did he go?”
“There!” Eri pointed to the thin black man, weaselling his way through the people below. Leading the way, she headed down the staircase into the crowd, as she tried to keep her eyes on the man ahead. “Do you see him?”
“That’s him!” Risa pointed towards the entrance of the mall and they both darted towards it, pushing people aside as they tried to navigate through the crowd.

Upon reaching the entrance, they stumbled past the automatic doors and scoured the current vicinity for the man. In the middle of the current floor, the girls saw large palm trees which peaked out from below. Rushing towards the balcony, they saw a large fountain on the lowest most level, with the palm trees surrounding it and views of the levels both above and below.
Risa turned her head as she searched the balconies of the levels above, while Eri leaned over to get a better look below. “I can’t see him.”
“Neither,” Eri replied, “let’s keep looking.”

*~~*

Junjun pressed down hard on the accelerator as she fondled with the gear shift, “Damn sticks!”
“You’re doing well,” Linlin encouraged, “We’re gaining on them, just concentrate.”

Linlin was indeed correct as the chase ahead of them seemed to be getting gradually closer as they manoeuvred through the back streets of Yokohama. In the distance, the white van was their target, easier to see than the two black motorcycles following it. All four girls had their sights on the van as it turned a corner ahead of them.
“LEFT!” Aika screamed, pointing to her right.
“It went right!” Koharu snapped from the backseat, “Left is that-a-way.”
“Oh yeah…”
“I’m not blind, I can figure it out myself.” Junjun called out, keeping her eyes fixed on the road as they approached the corner ahead. Aika’s head lowered slightly, Junjun noticing in the corner of her eye, “… but thank you.”
Aika’s head rose, smiling as she looked up towards Junjun.

They turned the corner ahead and came to a halt as they entered a dark, deserted city street.
Koharu jumped up, grabbing the seat in front of her, “Where did they go?!”
Linlin tapped Junjun on the shoulder, “Keep driving, maybe they turned up one of these side streets.”
Junjun nodded in agreement, “Keep your eyes peeled, girls. Now I’ll need your help.”
Aika reached around her seat towards Koharu as they both smiled before retreating to their windows, peering out into the darkness.

Junjun continued up the street cautiously, the headlights of the car revealing discarded trash being washed away down the gutters.
“Is that them?” Aika asked, her eyes scrunching up as she pressed her hands against her window.
Linlin climbed over next to Koharu to get a closer look. “It is! Good work, Mittsi.”
Aika beamed as Junjun examined the narrow street, a worried look on her face. “I don’t know if we will fit through there?”
“The van fit, we should too right?” Koharu nodded, anxious to continue their chase.
“This cop car is huge though,” Junjun replied, “it’s definitely wider than the van.”
“Perhaps we should look for an alternate route? The road veers off to the right up ahead,” Linlin pointed towards the end of the street, “we should head down there.”
The girls all nodded in unison and Junjun sped up the car as they headed down the street.

*~~*

Sayumi’s long black hair flustered behind her as she raced along the Yokohama backstreets, clinging tightly to Reina who was driving the motor cycle. Behind her she could hear the faint sounds of sirens and turning back saw police in the distance. “Good” she thought, “With the police on our side, we’re sure to rescue C-ute.”

Ahead of them, Ai was expertly dodging the terrain, gaining on the white van up ahead and widening the gap between Reina and Sayumi as she did.
“I can’t let Ai down,” Reina thought to herself, speeding up as she pushed the motor cycle to its limits, “I gotta catch up!”
She saw the white van turn down an alleyway, barely squeezing in, with Ai following right behind. Reina turned the bike to follow them, entering darkness as she did. She could only see a few meters in front of her, with the help of the motorcycle’s headlights. She could just make out the lights of Ai and the van a fair bit up the alleyway. The police sirens, which had been getting louder, began to soften.
Sayumi screamed as the motor cycle swayed, running over a discarded wooden plank, her hands grasping tighter around Reina’s waist and burying her head in Reina’s shoulder. The bike swayed as Reina wriggled from Sayumi’s grip, “Ah! Let go of me!”
Turning back around Reina could now not see the lights of Ai or the van ahead of her, just the dim reflection of the moonlight in puddles on the ground. Speeding up, once again, she vowed to get back into the chase.

Upon reaching the end of the alleyway, she saw lights not far off to her left; she had gained some ground.
This new street was well lit and easy to navigate. Large office blocks stood tall to their right while a sturdy brick wall was on their left. The police sirens began to grow louder as Reina gained on Ai and the white van.

Reina was now driving with confidence when, without warning, the police car came crashing through from a street ahead of them, colliding into the brick wall. Reina hit the front breaks, the motorcycle screeching as it swerved and toppled over, skidding into the police car.

Black smoke rose from the smashed front of the police car as Junjun, Linlin, Koharu and Aika crawled out.
“Is anyone hurt?” Junjun called to the other girls.
“My knee…” Linlin looked down to a small scrape on her knee, “that’s all.”
“Geez, learn to drive!” Koharu snapped from the other side of the car.
“I told you I can’t drive sticks!”
 “Sayu!” Aika spotted Sayumi and ran to her friend who was stumbling to her feet, a few meters down the road, “Sayu, are you ok?”
Sayumi nodded slowly. “Reina...” She beckoned to her left where Reina was lying against the wall.
Koharu ran up to Reina who held up her hand as she approached, “I can get up by myself.”
Quickly lifting herself and brushing off, she sternly walked towards where Junjun was standing. Looking back she called to the others, “Stay there! It isn’t safe.”
She ran up next to Junjun, who was close to tears.
“Don’t you dare cry!” Reina whispered, “Not near the kids, we have to be strong.”
“I tried my best,” Junjun wiped the tears from her eyes, “I really did.”
“I know. I’m not angry at you. I shouldn’t have let them get so far in front. At least no one is hurt.”

Reina continued towards the car, jumping on the trunk before climbing onto the roof. She stared down the street where the van and Ai had headed. In the distance she could see the lights of the harbor.
“It’s up to you now, Ai-chan.”

*~~*

Ai screeched to a halt behind a large stack of crate boxes. Ahead of her, the van had come to a stop near a large warehouse at the docks of Yokohama Harbor. She turned around, searching for her friends. “Reina, c’mon!” she whispered anxiously to herself.

A large, brutish man exited the van walking around to open the back, after which a number of men carrying sacks began bumbling out.
Ai began forward but, eying large guns on the belts of each man, quickly stepped back behind the crates.

Peeking out again, she saw a medium sized vessel, stationary in the water at the other end of the dock.
She looked behind her down the road one last time but could not make sight of Reina or any of the others.
Waiting for the right moment, she rushed out from behind the crates, making sure to stay in the shadows, and swiftly ran down the side of the dock in the direction of the vessel.
Looking behind her she saw the men heading for the boat. They walked slowly, carrying the motionless sacks on their backs.

As she reached the boat, she jumped on deck.
The boat was medium in size. Its hull was rustic and old, paint peeling from its sides, while the deck reeked of a strange fishy smell.
Ai raised her head over the edge to see the men continuing their approach. She looked back towards the deck, her eyes darting around before they rested on a pipe which ran up along the main cabin.
Pulling a small circular device out of her back pocket, she scurried towards the pipe. Pressing a button, her device was activated, a small red light blinking on its face. Reaching behind, she placed the device against pipe, out of view, before rushing back to the front of the boat and jumping back across to the dock.

As Ai hid at the side of the old warehouse, she watched as the sacks were thrown aboard before the ship slowly set out to sea. She pulled another object out from her pocket, with a large viewing screen, holding down a button on its side.
----

SEARCHING FOR SIGNAL…

SIGNAL RETRIEVED

----

A map of her current location appeared on the screen, the Yokohama Harbor. In the center was a small blinking dot. She watched as it slowly drifted away from where she stood.

*~~*

Risa and Eri walked slowly out of the shopping complex, their heads hanging down in disappointment.
“We need to get back to the Arena,”
“I’m so tired,” Eri breathed heavily as she pulled out some money from her pocket, “Let’s get a taxi, we’ll get there qui-“ Not paying attention Eri walked straight into a tall man who had cut in front of them, dropping her money as she collided with him. “Sorry!” Eri bowed at the man who kept walking quickly with his head down, before she bent down to pick up her money.
“A phone…” Risa picked up the small cell phone which lay in between Eri’s coins and notes. “Sir?!” she called to the man who was now quite a distance away. “Wait here, I’ll just give him back his phone.”

Risa jogged through the crowd, calling out to the man who seemed oblivious. Upon reaching him, she tapped him on the shoulder, “Sir, you dropped your phone.”
Turning around he grabbed the phone before turning back, but not before Risa had gotten a look at his face.
“You!” Her eyes were filled with rage as she jumped on the man knocking him to his feet. “You ruined my bloody boots!”

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »
 :lol: Nice ending.

I must say, my favorite parts were definitely the 7th + 8th gen parts. Junjun coming up with the idea of stealing a cop car was priceless.  :heart: You're definitely good with suspense! I hope to read the next chapter really, really soon!

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline niigaki_risa

• Cho Kawaii Ne~
  • Member+
  • Risa rox!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 01:46:05 AM »
Ah I love this. xD

"Officer wo PU~N!!” She punched the air a few times

Ah, Koharu. XD Just had to be Kirari at a time like this. lol

I loved the ending. lol Don't mess with Risa when she's wearing new boots!  :lol:
Morning Musume Fairy Tales!
Member of the M.A.Y.U.G.E choir~ <3

Offline AngelCakes

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 07:18:18 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments :) This chapter took me a while because I'm not very used to writing the whole action/suspense type stuff. I'm more dialogue oriented. So it doesn't surprise me, whoever said they enjoyed the 7th/8th gen bits the best, they were the most fun to write.

I'll get to work on the new chapter as soon as I can. This fanfic doesn't have the greatest following, but for the few fans I'll definitely continue, I do enjoy writing it. I am pretty busy though (big events in my personal life ooooo  :wub: ) but yeah I'll put aside the time :)

Thanks again.

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 08:29:40 PM »
I know I’m later then I said I would be look a comment :D

Its really cool having the prologue and then these chapters coz it means I can try and match up what’s going on in side the arena with what’s going on outside of it and even though I know the girls don’t make it to stop the explosion, it never stopped me from thinking “you can do it girls, ride faster!!!!”.

The motorcycles are such an awesome idea… They make the girls like badass even though they are the good guys… it gives them a “don’t mess with me!” aura, even Sayu :P

The girls getting blown away by the explosion  sucked, but Eri being concerned about Sayu was so sweet. Eri really reacts on emotion without thinking things through, thank goodness she is with Risa who thinks it through a lot more, who knows what would have happened if Eri did walk right up to the van like she was going to. Thank goodness the Super agents are fit and the explosion didn’t really slow them down or stop them… if it did, the rest of the chapter wouldn’t have had much to it :lol:
At least Eri did have her smart moment with turning the bike off to hear the footsteps… GakiKame work so well as a team!

Poor JunJun having to be the babysitter lol… being stuck with the random weirdness of Koha and Mittsi in any situation sucks, but when its such a confined space and a traffic jam, I’m surprised JunJun stayed calm for so long! Stupid police office, he doesn’t have a clue what he is messing with, they should have just unleashed Kohapower on him whilst forcing him to listen to a random rant from LinLin about something smart. I gotta wonder though, they DID steal a cop car AND smash it, how the hell are they gonna use their charms to get their way out of that little pickle!?!?

I absolutely adore Gaki’s defence mechanism of her boots :heart: XD just the little things like that throughout the chapter do such a great job for the characterisation of every girl there… that’s some special writing you do there :)

The chase overall is just awesome, flicking back and forth between each group of characters and what they are doing at the same time, all equally important and such different dynamics… add this to the little details everywhere and its like I’m watching a movie, a really awesome, expensive, action blockbuster starring Morning Musume… Doesn’t get much better!
Poor Junjun almost cracked there too, thank goodness Reina was there to help her (or force her) to not think about it and to focus on what was happening. I think the moment Reina stood on top of the car and said “It’s up to you now, Ai-chan.” was not sweet but there was something special about that… GO AI!!!!

No one but Ai could be fast enough to sneak in and out of the boat with no one noticing her, its no fluke she’s the leader… Reina would be proud ;) At least now they can track them down with that special flashing device, YAY for super agent gear. And I hope Risa kicks that guys arse for wrecking her boots… he owes her at least 3 Italian shoes now :P

I didn’t quite make the 2600 word reply :lol:
Please don’t keep us waiting too long  :mon pray2:

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gackt - Vanilla