JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL

Author Topic: The LoVendoЯ thread  (Read 50847 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The LoVendoЯ thread
« on: May 22, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »
The LovendoЯ Thread

The band has a name now: LovendoЯ (ラベンダー)

Official website: http://lovendor.jp

They'll be making their debut on March 2nd at Yokohama Blitz!

(that backwards R looks KoЯn-y :P )

According to their self-introductions:

Name:Okada Marina (19)
Specialty:Basketball
Other:Likes Lady Gaga
Name:Uozumi Yuki (21)
Guitar Experience:6 years
Other:Favorite band is Maroon 5
Favorite school subject was history
Name:Miyazawa Marin (19)
Guitar Experience:5 years
Other:Favorite genres are hard rock and heavy metal
Self-described Pokémon otaku

Source: http://natalie.mu/music/news/80130

Official Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/LoVendorChannel

UF Licks
https://www.youtube.com/user/theuflicks

Videos from the official channel:

Offline initial

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • T.I.N.T. state of mind
Re: The LoVendoЯ thread
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 11:05:52 AM »
I still suspect Okada Marina and Yui of viyuden are related.  I'm sure they aren't, but until Okada Yui appears on television stating that they're not related then they are to me.  I'm hopping over to the yui page for a sec   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 07:06:17 PM »
Just a quick update on their nicknames for each other.

Reina: Everyone just calls her Tanaka-san hahahaha XD
Uozumi Yuki: Nee-san. Okamari calls her Yuki-chan. Also uses UO to sign off on blog posts.
Miyazawa Marin: Marin. She uses "Miyazawa" to sign off on blog posts. Nee-san calls her Marilyn (for Marilyn Manson lolol). Also, Marin-chan by either Okamari or Reina.
Okada Marina: Okamari. Her childhood nickname was "Hassenchi" -- means "8cm" for the width of her forehead :lol: Recently the fans have been calling her "Haguki" or "Gums" because when she laughs she shows off a LOT of gum. It might be some inside joke from a radio show too, they keep hinting about it on their blog posts. :lol:

Anyway I translate their blog posts:
http://blog-project.net/miyazawa-marin
http://blog-project.net/okada-marina
http://blog-project.net/uozumi-yuki

Check them out! These children are utterly hilarious. Nee-san is a diehard Evangelion fan, Marin is a Pokemon otaku, and Okamari is just damn weird. :lol: I think my favourite post was Okamari's anecdote about her grandma coming to a live show with a homemade bento and watching in the middle of a rocking crowd....that is one badass grandma. XD I love LoVendoЯ (ha).

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »
So cool that they have their own thread here now!  Yay!!   :theking   :twothumbs

There was a bit of earlier general discussion in this thread, but now it can come here.  This will be a thread I will follow often.

And how cool is their sound.  I was expecting maybe a re-do of SCANDAL's style, but these girls are pumping out a unique sound, for me.  I am never good at really describing musical stuff in words, but I love so many of the tracks on their first mini-album.  Weirdly, the first track doesn't do so much for me, but after that I am all ears!

Kokki Hatameku Moto ni (国旗はためく下に; Under Our Fluttering National Flag) is such a different song to me...  just love its feel of celebration.

Ameagari no Yozora ni (雨あがりの夜空に; To The Night Sky After The Rain) - just wow!

Tadoritsuitara Itsumo Amefuri (たどりついたらいつも雨ふり; When I Finally Get There, It's Always Raining) - again, leaves me breathless

But truly, this has to be one of my favourite acquisitions of all time!

And don't get me started on the gorgeousness that is Mayazawa Marin.  Ohhhhhhh...  to see that girl wield her guitar, it's like I've died and gone to heaven.  Catch her blog in English translation, thanks to our wonderful Estrea!!  Yay!!  Marin's way of expressing herself is so cute and sweet.  Can't get enough of this girl!   :wub:   :oops:

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 12:23:53 AM »
I still suspect Okada Marina and Yui of viyuden are related...

I don't know if you were seriously saying that, initial;  but to be honest, the more I see of Marina, the more I'm thinking you may be right about it.  Her whole face structure, especially her mouth, seems a lot like Yui.

The area I couldn't comment on, not having yet seen Marina in the right style of clothing to be able to tell, is whether she shares Yui's most notable features??!!   :?  :P  :oops:  So the jury is still out.  But maybe she is a cousin or some sort of relative.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 05:22:25 PM »

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:36:05 PM by oaxiac »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »
Lovendor+Ishiyoshi+Mikitty :heart:

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 06:43:02 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 09:28:13 PM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »

Quote from: randompasserby from JPLOP
They're an interesting group alright :lol:
Sometimes it felt too crowded, maybe next time they should go in pairs? The current setup is great though

-Okamari's hobbies are fishing and playing darts (No, not at bars. She's the youngest of the group and still underage for that lawl )
-Neesan's hobbies are watching movies, listening to music, shopping and most importantly... drinking xD
She can't stand horrors but loves romantic comedies, same as Reina. Lol and Marin's chiming in and everyone's reaction to her
Marin : I don't get it, I like moe movies better
Everyone else: "Ah.." "There it is.."

*sigh* listening to them discussing whether they'd choose to be bitten if they're in love with a vampire so passionately in their blogs and their radio shows ...
ugghhhh :(

-Low tension Marin saying "Watashi no TURN desu." for her introduction XD :heart: and the silent as a funeral background lmao
Since her coming of age last year she's unexpectedly getting a taste for alcohol too apparently, drinking even in while on the shinkansen. She's more lively and talks a lot more when she's drinking (Reina: Why don't you start drinking before lives from now on then >:3 ? )but she's also the type to immediately fall asleep before getting too drunk though.

Aside from pokemon, anime and games, her hobby is... philosophizing ^^; ? That'd suit her I guess lol
Oh and both her and Neesan already got their driver's license but they rarely drive on Tokyo. It's vital for Marin in Sendai though.

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 03:46:41 AM »
I admit I'm not much of a Reina fan (sorry!), but I am all about Marin, Okamari and Nee-san.

And I wanted to thank Estrea for translating their blogs. I check Blog Project religiously to see if their blogs have been updated. :lol:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 11:48:34 AM »
^I am so sorry I'm taking so long to update their blogs ;A; I've been really busy and THEY ALWAYS HAVE SUCH LONG POSTS orz

Catching up now though :3 Sorry about the wait!

And I agree, I'm more of a fan for Marin, Okamari and Nee-san too...

:lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »
^Don't worry about it! I can't imagine how much work it is to translate all those blogs (and although they are long posts, I like that -- much more in-depth than the usual "Here is my food! Please cheer me on!" type of posts). And I like being able to read the entries in chunks. :lol:

And I agree, I'm more of a fan for Marin, Okamari and Nee-san too...

:lol:

I know I'm not the first person to point this out, but it just seems that those three are so much closer to each other than they are to Reina. You barely hear them mention Reina, or see any pictures with her in their blog entries. And I can't imagine Reina being so candid as to talk about how much of a lush Nee-san is. :lol: Nor can I imagine Okamari and her mother taking Reina out to lunch on a whim. I know before it was because Reina was pulling double-duty with these girls and Morning Musume, but is she still really that busy? Oh well, as long as I get more Marin, Nee-san and Okamari in my life.

And is it too much to ask for an album track without Reina on an upcoming CD? Like how MoMusu would usually have tracks with certain groupings?

(...Yes, it is too much to ask? Sorry.)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 01:49:52 AM »
Nee san!  Otanjoubi omedetou!!!!

Lovely Yuki Uozumi turns 22 years old today!!

Hope that Yuki san has a great day with family and friends!!

And may the coming year bring her many rockalicious
moments, and much joy and love!   :deco: :yossi: :) :cow: :twothumbs

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 01:09:25 PM »
Marina chan, Otanjoubi Omedetou Gozaimasu!!

Lively and lovely Marina Okada celebrated Hatachi today!!

Wishing new adult Okamari a great day and a rocking year ahead!

:deco: :heart:  :w00t: :yossi: :cow:

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »

[Exclusive] JpopAsia's Interview With LoVendoЯ

excerpt:

JPA: What are your goals for the band?

Marina Okada: I want to perform in many live houses!

Yuki Uozumi: I would like to go around and fill the live houses with the audience. Little by little, the stage will become bigger and then the production stage will get more appeal.

Marin Miyazawa: I want us to be BIG! I really want us to be more famous.
-
JPA: Do you have plans to release original singles and albums?

Marina Okada:
For the moment nothing is decided but everyone will be soon able to hear our songs.
-
JPA: How is performing in a band different from performing as part of Morning Musume? Do you prefer one over the other?

Reina Tanaka: Hum... In fact, I didn't have this feeling when I was in Morning Musume, but now I don't feel I want to dance this much. Even though, in the band nobody dances so it appears I want at least to dance sometimes.
-
JPA: Do you keep in touch with any of your former group-mates?

Reina Tanaka: Not really.
-
JPA: As a result of your success as part of Morning Musume, do you ever feel any additional pressure to succeed with LoVendoЯ?

Reina Tanaka: Not at all! I will let nature take its course!

Link to full interview:
http://www.jpopasia.com/news/exclusive-jpopasias-interview-with-lovendo::14537.html

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »
I loved this part:
Yuki Uozumi: At first, Marin was wearing a pink dress and she really looked like an otaku. Then she said she liked Pokémon during the announcement of the members, I thought she was an eccentric young woman, with a bad image.
I am giggling at the thought of pink dress otaku Marin gushing about Pokémon. (Marin Pyamu Pyamu?)

This video was also posted on the main Lovendor site, a Lovendor/PES collaboration music video:

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 04:52:33 PM »
LovendoR in San Francisco last weekend, at the JPop Summit 2013!!  (Credit to the original videographers and uploaders)

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »
Nee-san blogs about her guitar equipment and alcohol, Marin goes on about Pokemon (and alcohol)...

...while Okamari geeks out over her fly-fishing equipment (and also alcohol now that she's 20). :lol: I love these girls.

(Also -- and I might be insane here -- but at certain angles I swear Marin resembles Maki Goto a bit at times.)

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 05:57:04 PM »
No, you're not crazy. I think Marin has that resemblance too sometimes.

Articles on J-POP SUMMIT FESTIVAL will be starting to go on the jphip.com front page in the next few days.
I may also post here some of the hundreds of photos we have from the whole weekend.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL