JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Mighty Mind

Author Topic: Estrea's Sandbox [6/4 - Treat]  (Read 201512 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Estrea's Sandbox [12/5 - The Same View]
« Reply #720 on: June 30, 2013, 07:16:24 PM »
@grac: I do always miss your insights. Even with the pedobear. XD Sometimes....the words come. It isn't always emo, but the emo pieces are there. They serve a purpose, I imagine. I am not good at articulating my feelings and thoughts, and must filter them through the lens of storytelling. It's my way of processing, I suppose. Idols are terribly convenient for my purposes. I can put them into all sorts of situations. XD I'm glad you like the period pieces, I like those too!

And now, more random AU-ness that popped into my head after too much reading and some introspective thoughts in the shower.

======================================================================================

Bridge

I first met her when she was going to kill herself.

"What are you doing?"

That was the first, probably dumb thing, out of my mouth. Well, you couldn't quite blame me, could you? You see a complete stranger perched precariously on the top of the siding of a bridge, in that nonchalant way only the either very drunk or the very suicidal do, and my highly honed cop instincts (okay, 6 months out of the academy and very much a ground pounder following a routine beat) picked up the noticeable lack of beer bottles, broken or otherwise, around her, as well as the general lack of that telltale alcoholic stink. I might be out of uniform and definitely off duty, but any right thinking citizen would have done something.

Scratch that, any right thinking citizen would have given her a wide berth, assumed she was a delinquent and/or possibly crazy, and may then perhaps stress their faculties long enough to put a phone call in to the police. Let the uniforms do the job, so to speak.

As I might have mentioned, I was a uniform, even if I technically wasn't wearing it at the moment, but a strong sense of civic duty was one of the things that had driven me into the force. It certainly wasn't for the glamour of the job (okay, maybe I did watch too many Hollywood movies and the FBI were cool, dammit), or the crummy uniforms, though the pay was pretty decent and it certainly was respectable enough.

But I am getting distracted. Focusing back on the girl on the railing was top priority. I supposed she might have technically been "disturbing the peace", but then again she wasn't doing anything except sitting there quietly, so trying to bring her in on those charges would be questionable at best. Procedure was very important, and trying to arrest her after she had succeeded in disturbing the peace -- aka thrown herself off the bridge -- would be counter-productive and we would then probably have to invoke yet another department for aid in search and rescue, thus leading to more bureaucratic hassle than any junior officer would want to get involved in.

So diplomacy it was, and my famous tact decided to make an appearance. Blunt honesty did have its moments. This may even have been one of them.

The girl turned her head. It might have been in response to my question; it could also easily have been in response to the wind, that stiff breeze gusting in from the harbour which we faced, the churning black mass invisible beneath the pinpricks of neon on the opposite bank. By chance or design, it was at precisely an angle where the soft glow of the fluorescent lamps that kept the bridge illuminated threw a long shadow across her face, lending something almost theatrically tragic to that countenance. There was something beautifully old noir in the opalescent sheen of her skin, leeched of colour by the dusty white light, highlighted against a grim city background.

And yes, I may have been watching too much film noir. Hey, they were classics!

I resisted the urge to tip my fedora -- not that I had one -- but I managed to shuffle closer without looking like I was doing so. They taught you that back in the academy, how to move closer, or away, from someone in case you needed to jump them in a hurry, or to run the fuck away so you can call for backup. I correctly deduced that I may have to grab and haul her to safety given half a chance, since I didn't quite like the idea of anyone teetering that precariously off the side of a bridge.

Not that anyone else was on this bridge. It made sense. It was evening, dark out, the wind was gusty and the temperature falling rapidly, and the view here, while scenic, was still somewhat in the middle of nowhere. Or to be more precise, in the middle of somewheres, that in-between place between places where you actually go to have a view, or when you return from having one. The occasional taxi zipped past, the buses came on the hour and the last one had just gone by ten minutes ago -- I would know, that was the one I missed, which was why I was walking because I was too cheap for a taxi and figured that the walk would be bracing after an entire day of being trapped in a cubicle filing paperwork. The joys of being a junior constable. I shrugged imperceptibly. At least it had put me in the right spot for once.

"Enjoying the view."

There was my reply, and coming from anyone else it would have sounded curt, even cheeky. From this girl, however, it sounded wistful, contemplative and distant. I might have heard her sigh, but that could have been the wind. I pulled my windbreaker more closely around myself and half-pretended it was a trenchcoat -- let me have my little indulgences, will ya?

"Is it really better up there?"

I asked this tentatively. I did have some tact. There was a ghost of a smile, I could not be sure. Could be a trick of the light, or maybe even the weight of my own expectations.

Moving unobtrusively, I sidled up to the railing, stepping gingerly over a raised little concrete ledge that was perhaps ankle-high and did absolutely nothing except to act as a physical marker to not step over...but was no dissuasion in of itself. There was a little hollow beyond it that was probably some sort of gutter, but I couldn't have sworn to it. I was no engineer, and the only thing I cared about a bridge was whether it was safe to cross it.

In any case this put me more or less next to the mysterious girl, though she was still sitting on the top of the chest-high railing, while I was still behind it. I leaned casually against the barrier, peering over the edge. All around me, the wind guttered fitfully, whistling a mournful welcome. The darkness below seemed to swallow light.

"It feels as if I might just disappear." The girl said suddenly, her voice stronger than it was earlier, but that might have been due to my new proximity. She shifted, the hem of her dress flapping in the wind. I noticed offhandedly that her boots were very nice.

"It's very dark down there." I agreed amiably, mentally calculating whether I could safely wrestle her down onto the right side of the rails. I certainly didn't want to accidentally push her off, or take a dive with her. I wasn't suicidal.

There was an awkward silence afterwards. Well, I felt awkward. The girl seemed to be lost in her own thoughts, staring out into the bay. Her long hair strayed in the wind, and some of it flitted against my face. The faint scent it left was not unpleasant.

I moved minutely closer. She didn't seem to notice. Mentally, I cycled through some of the things I could probably say after man-handling her down from danger. I was fairly sure at this point that I would have to do that, and was positioning myself for such a move. I was still wondering when she spoke again.

"Have you ever wondered if there was at least one place in the universe where you knew you would belong, where you would fit in, without falsehood or appearances, just as yourself?"

I paused. Thought about it for all of five seconds. Then gave my honest, professional opinion.

"I've never thought about it before."

On hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have said that. After all, I had been suspecting that she might have been suicidal, or at least severely unbalanced (pun completely unintended, I swear), so I really shouldn't have been so blatantly insensitive. You really didn't want to antagonize potential hysterics. It could have made things incredibly complicated.

I was lucky though. She laughed.

"Most people don't."

She looked at me. Actually looked at me, instead of the sideways not-really-there kind of glance that I had been on the receiving end of since I had addressed her. I looked back at her with a vague kind of concern, my face knitting into a perplexed expression that matched my current state of mind. She smiled.

"Thank you for being so honest."

I wasn't sure what to say to that. Then she moved, and for half a second I thought she was going to push herself off the bridge before I could do anything, and then I was moving before my mind had even reacted, and the resulting tangle was purely an exercise in physics. Multiple forces were applied in one direction, so the laws of motion were in place.

I hit the ground shoulder-first, and felt something hard impact my nose.

"Ow." My eloquent response.

"Ow." Was the reply I received.

For about two seconds I catalogued the likely places where I would be bruised come next morning. So it didn't quite register on me immediately when the person in my arms started shaking, and my brain didn't quite put together the sound I was hearing with the motion, at least not right away.

She was laughing. Giggling, really. So there I was, on a scabbed over concrete pavement with a giggling female stranger on top of me, and belatedly I realized that my nose was dribbling what could only have been blood. And this girl, a bruise already forming on her forehead, was laughing for gods knew what reason.

So I laughed too. Hey, when you can't beat them, join 'em? Then I wheezed, and sniffled. My nose felt mildly out of joint, and my shoulder really hurt.

"I'm sorry." The girl gasped after a moment, her eyes still dancing with mirth. She had propped herself up by her elbows to look me in the face, and I wondered absurdly for a moment if she was going to kiss me. We certainly were close enough, and I almost shut my eyes again in half a hope that she might.

"Um, will you let me go now?"

Ah. That was when I realized that I still had a death grip around her waist from where I had grabbed her earlier. Flushing slightly, I released her, and she picked herself up awkwardly in the manner of creaking joints and careful hesitation. I appreciated her efforts to not accidentally stab me with the killer heels on her boots. It was a wonder how she managed to even get up onto that railing with heels like those in the first place.

I sat up gingerly, brushing at my nose with the back of one hand. I was right; it came away bloody, and it already felt tender to the touch. Biting back a sigh, I was going to push myself off the ground when a hand was thrust in front of my face.

It was mystery girl, who seemed extremely apologetic about my state (the bloody nose was hard to ignore, pardon the pun). I took her hand -- it was polite to do so -- and she helped me up. I almost didn't want to let go when I stood. Her hand was baby soft and smooth, and I had to resist the urge to rub my thumb against her hand. I didn't want to come across as a pervert, after all.

She was smiling faintly up at me, and now that we were on level ground, it finally registered that she was a lot smaller than me. It wasn't that obvious, what with her heels and all, which left her near eye level with me, but I still remembered how she felt in my arms. I ran a hand through my short mop of hair awkwardly, wondering what to say.

"I'm glad you're okay." I blurted without any finesse. Her lips twitched, and for a moment I thought she might laugh again, but she did nothing of the sort.

"Thanks to you." She gave me another piercing look, a once over that seemed oddly knowing, even smug. It must have been the tilt of her face, or perhaps the shape of her lips...

"You're actually a really cute girl, you know?"

Wait, what? I blinked rapidly, and I was pretty sure my jaw must have dropped in shock. The girl laughed again, then reached out to brush something off my jacket, eyes still twinkling.

"But I like your style, Kudou-kun." The teasing drawl to the suffix was unmistakable, and my ears burned for some reason. Hurriedly, I looked down at my chest. Sure enough, I'd forgotten to take off my name tag. Even so, for her to immediately pick up that I was a girl...

...right. She was on top of me earlier. And I was clutching her pretty tightly. I don't bind my chest or anything, for all that I dress androgynously. It's a matter of personal choice. With my boyishly short hair, husky voice and practical mannerisms, most people just take me as a boy at first glance. I didn't really bother to correct them in any case, and it was fun to play along sometimes. I wasn't gay or anything, but it was still fun to tease girls who thought I was a good-looking guy.

"Um." My oh-so-eloquent response. What do you say in such a situation?

"Thanks?"

She smiled again, her cheeks dimpling in a way that made me want to pinch them. I liked her better when she smiled. Beautiful as she was earlier, tragic in the waning light, I much preferred it when she was smiling as she was doing right now. I found myself grinning along unconsciously, that boyishly charming one that my friends had scolded me countless times before for unleashing on poor unsuspecting girls. Well, I didn't do it on purpose!

"You should go home, it's late."

I said even as I noticed her shiver, attired as she was only in that black sleeveless dress. Without really thinking about it, I shrugged off my windbreaker and wrapped it around her, to her surprise as she looked up at me with startled eyes.

"You look cold." I offered lamely, jamming my hands into the pockets of my jeans.

"...thank you." Her voice was soft, and I had to strain to hear it over the howling wind. I could smell the ice on it, and I shuffled from one foot to another, feeling the cold stabbing at me through my shirt.

She was saying something, and I had to step closer to hear her. Caught the ends of the sentence "...return it to you?" and surmised the rest of her question.

Pulling out my phone, I noticed how she nodded without me saying anything. I suppose it was an unspoken code of sorts; we exchanged numbers through infrared.

"What's your name?" I asked distractedly as I tried to type with numbed fingers. She looked up from her own screen, the backlit glow shrouding the outlines of her face.

"It's Sayashi. Sayashi Riho."

I hesitated over the name, and she must have seen it, because she stepped up next to me, taking my phone to input the right characters with a wry grin, as if she had done this a million times before. She probably had too, when she returned my phone to me and I looked at the new entry. I had never seen this family name before.

"And you are Kudou...?"

"Haruka. Kudou Haruka. It's nice meeting you, Sayashi-san."

"The same."

I avoided asking her what she was doing up there on the railing, and she seemed grateful for my deliberate oversight. Instead, we walked across the length of the bridge, each passing the another in opposite directions; her towards the city, me away from it. I did not turn to look at her retreating back, and I wager she did not turn to look at mine.

We could have passed each other like this a million times before and never known it, but for this chance encounter. Now she knows my name, and I know hers, and the world seems smaller for it, one more connection made out of the hundreds and thousands of free floating individuals moving on our own personal orbits, close enough to touch but never intersecting.

She may call me to return the jacket, I do not know when this will happen. I know that I would not call her. I liked the jacket, but was resigned to its loss should she never contact me again. After all, I did not know her. I had her number, saved in my phone. Her name, carved into memory. Sayashi, an unusual name. It would be an interesting story to tell over drinks and dinner, the next time I met my friends. The story about the girl I met on the bridge, who may or may not have been about to kill herself, and my timely (?) rescue. My friends would chortle, call me a Casanova (they do enjoy teasing me about my white knight complex with cute girls), and then all would be forgotten after the next round of drinks.

Or would it?

=================================================================

Testing myself a little. I haven't written anything description heavy in a long time. I still didn't go too heavy on it this time, but well...gotta work that old muscle. Just a little tale spun from the recesses of my head. I can still write. I can. Gotta keep my hand in...

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Estrea's Sandbox [1/7 - Bridge]
« Reply #721 on: June 30, 2013, 11:30:38 PM »
This was... Cute? XD You and your SayaDuu complex. I like it though, and the descriptions were wonderful, as always.

Offline Dreamcato

• Only さ You
« Reply #722 on: July 01, 2013, 06:05:04 AM »
I like it. So much.
I hope Sayashi returns the jacket.

Offline H!PShipper

• Member+
« Reply #723 on: July 03, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »
SAYADUU Is so cute!!
I loved the description!
Can't wait for your next update!

Offline scratchdnote5

• Collars
  • ecchi
  • Writer's block forever.
« Reply #724 on: August 08, 2013, 03:44:06 AM »
I've been reading most of your work in this collection and it's been a slow process hahahaha. There are so many pages to go through! /solateinthegame/

From what I've read so far (including the most recent ficlet) I really like the way you use descriptors. Everything is set up nicely as things are described. One can imagine what's going on quite well. With that being said, I like to read dialogue just to visualize how the other person would react or respond. Description and dialogue have that delicate balance that is never really balanced per se. One can go so heavy on description and suddenly a one-liner is enough to balance it out.

I can't really say much more since I have to finish reading the rest of this collection. Thanks for writing :)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #725 on: September 23, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
I like to pretend I can write sometimes.

=================================================

Doodle

"Ah! Yasushi-san is sleeping~"

"Sh! Maachan, not so loud!"

"Well Sayashi-san is a pretty heavy sleeper...and she really is cute when she's like this..."

"See, Ayumin! Even Harunan says so!"

"Mou..."

Ishida Ayumi resisted the urge to slap her forehead with her palm as the hyperactive Maachan made a round around the chair where Sayashi Riho, their 9th gen senpai, was dozing peacefully. Her upper lip quivered with every exhale, making a sound not unlike that of a tiny animal.

"But...she really is cute..." Ayumi admitted grudgingly, leaning over her dance rival. At that moment, she heard a shutter snap and looked up to see Harunan wave at the posing Maachan, who was making a peace sign at the phone the oldest 10th gen member was holding.

"Nice shot, Maachan! Ah, Duu, there you are!"

"Duuuuuu!" The bundle of energy known as Sato Masaki bounded over to her partner in crime. "Do you have a pen or something?"

"Unn, I have a marker from the stuff they made us write earlier...what's going on? The 'little brother' of Morning Musume looked easily over the top of Maachan's head. "Ah, Sayashi-san is...oi, Maachan, my marker!"

"I'm just borrowing it! Ah, Duu, you wanna try too?"

"What are you...wait, Maachan!" The Hokkaido girl's marker was poised over the sleeping Riho's face.

"Sayashi-san is my rival so I'm going to launch a sneak attack! You wanna join in too, Duu?"

"Ehhhh? But Sayashi-san will be angry with us..." Duu seemed torn between interested and reluctant. Maachan grinned exuberantly.

"It's ok! Yasushi-sun forgave me the last time! Yassan is a good person! She'll forgive Duu too!" In her excitement, Maachan continued to happily mangle her pronunciation of Riho's name. Everyone had gotten used to it by then anyway, so they ignored that little faux pas.

"Of course it's not ok!" Ayumi cut in firmly, cuffing the younger half of 10th gen soundly. "You can't do something so outrageous to a senpai! Harunan! Help me out here!"

Haruna walked over while rummaging around in a pouch. "Maachan, you can't use a marker on Sayashi-san's face...here, use this instead."

"Eyeliner?" Duu raised an eyebrow, then pounded one fist into an open palm. "Ah, good idea Harunan! Sankyu!'

Ayumi was in shock. "Harunan, you too?"

The older girl shrugged. "It's better than using a marker. At least that eyeliner is washable...hey you two, don't overdo it!"

"Harunan, do you have a different color?"

"Hai hai...here, take the whole pouch."

Ayumi couldn't believe her eyes. Stunned speechless, she could only watch as the troublesome pair hovered over the still peacefully sleeping Riho (how could anyone sleep through something like that?) to begin their 'work of art', with Harunan hovering behind their backs snapping photos of the process. The only sane one of 10th gen was about to turn and leave, washing her hands off the entire situation, when Maachan suddenly snared an arm of hers.

"Anumin! Don't you want to join in?"

"HUH?"

Maachan grinned disarmingly.

~*~*~
Omake
~*~*~

"So you see, Mizuki...ah, Riho's over there."

"Oh that's right, Riho-chan's sleeping again..."

"Well considering she was actually on time for the Oha Star recording, she must really have worked hard to wake up this morning."

"That's true...ah!!!"

"What is it, Mizuki!"

"Riho-chan's face..."

"What's so...whoa! Seriously? Oi Riho, wake up!"

"Nnn...?"

"Oi. Sleepyhead. Wake. Up." Shake shake.

"Ah, it's only Eripon..."

"What do you mean, it's 'only' me?"

"Hora, you two, don't start arguing again."

"Fukuchan..."

"Oi, stop clinging on to Mizuki..."

"Fukuchan's nice and soft...zzz..."

"She's sleeping again..."

"We can't just leave her here, can we?"

"Why not?"

"Eripon!!!"

"It's fine, it's fine! Kanon-chan's somewhere around, we can leave it to her~"

"Un...that's true, but..."

"Just leave her alone. It's not like it can get any worse..."

"Alright..."

Silence as Erina helped Mizuki to free herself from the sleeping Riho's deathgrip.

"Ne, Eripon."

"Wha, Mizuki?"

"You won't let anything like that ever happen to me right?"

"Of course not! I'll protect you!"

"Fufu."

"Don't ever leave my side, ok?"

"Un. Eripon will always be with me too, right?"

"You don't even need to ask."

Hand in hand, the PonPon combi walked away, leaving their gen-mate to her fate...

===============================================================

Inspired by this recent photo: http://imgbox.com/acnnv8b2

So. Much. Material. I've got a lot of raw material to work with, but no motivation to write. Heh. Here's a little something though...

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline MsSmigge

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TetteketeBean<3
Re: Estrea's Sandbox [23/9 - Doodle]
« Reply #726 on: September 23, 2013, 04:16:49 PM »
Hyper active Maa-chan... I can say goodbye to my abs and face muscles, lol. Hadn't my friend sat opposite of me when I read this, I would have laughed out loud  :lol:

Poor Ayumi, trying to protect Riho from her over energetic kouhais. I wonder did Maa-chan manage to coax her to draw on Riho's face lol XD
And that image at the end... Is that Riho??!! Oh my lols  :lol:

Nice update~ I really enjoyed it.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

Offline yunagi

• Tsik
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Fantasy
« Reply #727 on: September 24, 2013, 08:22:48 AM »
I seriously cracked up. Maa-chan fooling around and going “it’s okay, she’ll forgive me”. I think it’d be hard not to forgive her, she’s too cute and innocent looking.

Lol Haruna, nice one.
._.

Offline Baekshim

• Member+
« Reply #728 on: September 27, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
Poor Riho XD everyone here is so evil~ (except good girl Daiishi)

"Fukuchan's nice and soft...zzz..."
Yup XD

PonPon~

Thanks for the update  :)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #729 on: October 04, 2013, 07:15:25 AM »
I love it ~! XD I would give anything to have been a fly on the wall at that time.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #730 on: April 05, 2014, 07:22:55 PM »
So I'm really really excited for MM's new musical, Lilium. In case nobody saw the promo pics, here they are:

So, I wrote a really short piece based on these images because...well...I needed to break my writer's block. :x

===================================================

By Moonlight

"A chopstick, Fukumura? Really?"

A hint of a smile touched thin lips as Sayashi Riho flexed her wrist, snapping the slender stick in a twist. The jagged half she brought in front of her face, half shadowed in moonlight from the open windows.

A quiet titter from the lurker in the shadows, and a sensuous figure sauntered into the line of light, towering over the slighter figure of the white clad girl by the window. Leaning in close, she hovered near the ear of the shorter girl, her smile touching the shell of Riho's ear as she blew lightly into it.

"Always so serious, Riho-chan."

Midnight hair fluttered in the shell-white of lunar light. The two girls were close, intimately so, even. One pale hand rose, still clutching the broken half of chopstick, and with a casual seeming move, twirled a handful of ebony hair into a simple twist, sliding the broken implement in like a mockery of a hairpin.

"If only you could be so decisive about those pesky hunters when they come after us too..."

There was a whimsical note to those words, barely concealing the hidden edge. Riho catches the equally pale wrist of the girl who was still holding her, stopping the jagged edge of chopstick a bare centimeter away from piercing her neck.

"Enough, Mizuki. Stop playing."

Firm words, but her tone was bored. As if she had seen this all before...which she had.

"But I'm always serious, Riho-chan."

The smaller girl turned in the half embrace, locking gazes with the taller girl. Wills clashed in the staredown, before Mizuki shuddered almost visibly, her arm falling slack in Riho's still iron grip. Her fuller lips fell open to reveal a hint of sharpened canine -- unnaturally so, gleaming by moonlight. A hand clasped her chin gently though firmly, one thumb tracing the outline of those slightly parted lips, teasing them even further open to press against the exposed fang, coaxing an incoherent moan from the full figure before her.

"You have such perfect skin, Mizuki. Don't make me mar it."

An almost imperceptible nod, and the broken chopstick clattered to the ground. Almost as silently as she had come, Mizuki fled back into the dark, leaving Riho to stand alone, face shadowed with her back to the window. Slowly, she raises her thumb to her face, watching as a bead of black dyed blood wells up from the pinprick on it, leached of colour in the dark.

She presses the thumb against her own mouth, letting the dark red rouge her lips as she traces them, turning back to gaze back into the garden of lilies outside her window, white beckoning to white above. A sibilant tongue follows after the action, licking the liquid life off her thin lips. By moonlight, her canines flashes even more brilliantly than the softer white of the lilies outside.

==============================================

Yip. Vampires wheeeee. Loving the concept.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Estrea's Sandbox [6/4 - By Moonlight]
« Reply #731 on: April 05, 2014, 08:48:50 PM »
I'm not stopping.

==================================

Ill Met By Night

The crunch of leaves made Oda Sakura turn her head sharply to stare at the interloper, but her raised hackles lowered when she saw that it was only one of her brethen. The newcomer greeted her with a lazy smile, the fingers of one hand coming up idly in a half wave.

"Yo, Sakura. I see you're still...eating."

Sakura ignored the newcomer, turning back to her still weakly struggling meal. She did always prefer her food fresh, so to speak. More leaves rustled as her companion came to squat down beside her, the short hair flopping forward into twinkling eyes as she eyed the last throes of the doomed prey.

"You broke his legs?" An eyebrow quirked up at the younger vamp, who had her teeth locked around a major artery at the moment, finally putting the poor creature out of his misery.

"He ran." There was a pause before this statement, as Sakura detached herself, mouth still bloody, a satisfied look like the cat who got the canary on her face. She turned to blink slowly at her companion, who still looked completely unruffled by the scene. In fact, she seemed morbidly amused by the circumstances.

"You did always like a chase, eh, Sakura?" This only drew a predatory grin across bloody fangs.

"Kudou-san." She pointed vaguely at the corner of her mouth, making the short haired girl wipe across her own mouth with the back of one hand. Red came off, but in a different shade and consistency from the freshness that dripped from Sakura's lips.

"Ah, thank you. Though you really shouldn't talk, Sakura. You're such a messy eater." Kudou Haruka flashed a charming grin, the kind that made people weak at the knees and throw themselves, regardless of age or gender, at her. Sakura would have blushed, but she preferred blood in her stomach, not on her face, and settled for licking her lips instead.

"That's not blood though, is it?" Sakura dusted herself off as she straightened, barely sparing a glance at the useless hunk of flesh that lay on the ground, a mangled mess so fresh, flies hadn't started to gather yet. Haruka rose with her, a self satisfied smirk gracing her elegant features.

"No, it is not. I quite prefer my food to come to me, if you get my meaning."

"Was she very pretty then?" Sakura inquired politely. Haruka smiled.

"Oh yes, she was."

========================

Haha.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #732 on: April 05, 2014, 10:06:10 PM »
I should sleep at some point.

====================================

Rhapsody by Moonlight

"Oh, Ayumi-chan, you're still awake?"

This close to dawn, any sun-fearing vampire would have retreated to their underground fastness, awaiting the return of a cooler light by which they could hunt. Instead, Ishida Ayumi sat by the grand french windows with curtains drawn, training a piercing gaze at the far edge of the estate, where the gates were. A half-full glass of something viscous steamed next to impatient fingers drumming a rapid staccato against the solid oak of the table.

"Fukumura-san." A greeting bland as the expression on her face, though Ayumi managed to form a smile when she tore her gaze away from the window to look up at the older vampire. Mizuki slid gracefully up to her, scooping up the abandoned glass with a flourish as she inhaled deeply, as any connoisseur would to a particularly fine vintage.

"Still fresh, I see?"

A short scream pierced the air, but neither girl flinched. Ayumi inclined her head to the door on the far side of the room, as if that was all the explanation needed.

"Suzuki-san brought me some just a while ago."

Mizuki tipped the glass against her lips daintily, taking an exploratory sip. Both of them ignored the high pitched giggling that followed the screaming, and Ayumi went back to staring out of the window.

"Waiting for someone?" Mizuki asked blithely, settling herself across from Ayumi, still cradling the glass, now much diminished, in a perfect pale hand. Her high-collared dress hugged her voluptuous figure in flattering ways, and every motion only served to accentuate her charms, though Mizuki preferred to remain entirely covered up. More for the imagination, she would reply if you were ever to ask her. Ayumi, predictably, did not. Her own dress was of a more normal cut, though tightly laced corsets provided the illusion of curves where there were none. Still, her petite figure conjured a doll-like vulnerability that drew certain kinds of people like moths to a flame. Different brushes, different strokes.

"They're late." Ayumi replied flatly, though her expression changed not a whit. Always so in control, Mizuki smiled, lips curling up to reveal a fang. The older vampire rested her chin on one raised arm, elbow balanced perfectly on the edge of the table as she studied her junior.

"Perhaps Haruka-chan found someone new to play with again?"

There was just the smallest tightening of skin around that tiny mouth with its full lips, but the flash of emotion was almost indecipherable before it faded back into placid indifference. Away in the next room, the shrieks had died down to barely discernable whines and whimpers of one who had little strength left to cry out.

"She always gets...distracted." Ayumi cleared her throat briefly, letting her gaze wander. "Or perhaps Oda-chan did. She has a lot less...self control than the rest of us."

"Not as little as Maa-chan, though."

Both girls paused as the booming sounds of the pianoforte echoed through the mansion, a cascade of resounding notes speeding with mad genius across scales and painting in all the colours of music, ready to uplift in one moment, or crush to impossible depths in the next second. It was almost like being alive again, in memory if not spirit.

"Maa-chan knows perfectly well what she is doing, I think."

Ayumi quipped, sharing a wry glance with Mizuki, who allowed herself an enigmatic smile as she downed the rest of the glass, making a small face at the aftertaste.

"You don't think she still has any left by now...?"

The music screeched to an end in a calculated cacophony, threatening to burst eardrums. It almost masked the definitively final shriek of the poor victim for which the dirge was being played. Ayumi shrugged.

"Not anymore, I don't think."

==================================

Goodnight.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Baekshim

• Member+
« Reply #733 on: April 06, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »
Thanks for the update!  ^^

Her own dress was of a more normal cut, though tightly laced corsets provided the illusion of curves where there were none.
Ouch XD
AyuDuu? It's been a while X)

It's such a pity Sayu, Honey and Eripon aren't part of the musical >_<
Because Sayu as vampire... XD

Glad you're back!
I have a slighty off-topic question,  are you planning to continue writing Tokyo Runner? I just read it and I love it XD

Offline Shiawase_Honoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Happy大作戦
« Reply #734 on: April 11, 2014, 03:51:01 PM »
Long time no see, Estrea :inlove:

Don't know why I clicked into here, but now I am.  :grin:
The concept of vampires made me feel so excited. :twisted:
It's not only MM'14, but also S/mileage too. :inlove:
Your story made me nosebled this time. :wub:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #735 on: April 15, 2014, 07:32:16 PM »
@Baekshim: Thanks for reading!  Haha well Sayu as a vampire might be too dangerous XD Probably a good thing she isn't involved, tbh. As for Tokyo Runner, I actually want to scrap some parts of it to rewrite because I get irritated at my own writing a lot. ^^; having a serious writer's block though, so i haven't actually been doing much writing until now. :/ Will update when I feel able to!

@Shiawase: Hi hi, it's been a while! :D Glad to see you too! I love vampires and this really made me want to write again! :D

Ok guys, I posted again!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1470244

Go, read, enjoy!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline aya-chii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #736 on: April 19, 2014, 06:14:27 AM »
oh estrea-san, sorry for the late visit... it's been long since you last updated, the habit of checking your threads faded some time
but i'm so glad to come back today, you updated! you did! yattaa~!!!

Hihi, you do really like writing 'bout vampire stories. I like reading them.

Will you update again?
Always waiting :)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #737 on: April 30, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »
@aya-chii: I'm so sorry I was away for so long :/ I had a major drought creatively and work was horrible. Haha. BUT MY SPARK IS BACK. Please continue to be patient with me! m(_ _)m

Well then! In honor of Sayu's grad announcement...!!!!

==============================================

I'm Not Crying

Everyone was crying.

No, Michishige-san wasn't. She was comforting a sobbing Maachan, who, somewhat unusually, wasn't wailing at the top of her lungs. Instead, the "child" of the group clung stubbornly to our leader, face buried in the front of the her shirt, as if Michishige-san might disappear any moment.

Behind them, Oda-chan stood just a little apart, wiping at her face with her palms, obviously holding back the loudest of the sobs, but her eyes were already red-rimmed, and her nose sniffled with each wheezing breath.

Almost immediately next to her, a huddle of the remaining 10th gen girls was in position. Harunan's eyes were bloodshot, but she seemed to be holding together better than expected, and was comforting the bawling pair of Ayumi and Duu in her arms. Earlier, those two had tried to cling onto Michishige-san as well, but Maachan had proved to be fiercely territorial and they had to retreat for the moment, finding comfort in the thin but still reliable arms of the subleader.

Speaking of subleaders...eyes swivelled across to where the other one was. Mizuki was hugging Kanon-chan, tears welling in her own eyes as Kanon-chan huddled in her arms. Mizuki was so occupied with soothing Kanon-chan that she didn't even look up to meet my gaze, and I bit my lip stubbornly as I looked away...

Only to see Riho, who was leaning against the wall just off to one side of Mizuki and Kanon-chan, staring into the distance with a blank expression on her face. By chance, our eyes met, and the heavy weight in our hearts were reflected in our mutual gazes.

Without really discussing it, I joined her by the wall, and she scooted over to make space for me, the two of us in a corner of the room.

"9th gen's going to be on top huh?"

Unusually, it was Riho who broke the silence first. Usually, she'd wait for someone else to do it. But this was hardly a usual time, was it?

"We're going to be the daisenpai. Amazing eh?"

My reply was a bit less smug than you would have imagined if I were to say something like that, but you know, circumstances.

"12th gen is coming in soon too."

That was Riho. All business. Both of us continued staring at the opposite wall, neither looking at each other nor at the other members.

"Riho. You're not gonna cry?'

"Isn't that what I should be asking you, Eripon?"

We both laughed quietly, choked little affairs bordering on hysteria. My fists were clenched by my sides, shoulders stiff. The opposite wall was a very interesting blur.

"Eri's not gonna cry anymore."

"Un."

"We're gonna be on the top and all."

"Un."

"So we gotta lead the rest."

"Un."

"..."

"..."

"Eri's not crying at all."

"...sure. You're not."

"...that's all you're going to say?"

"No one's watching, no point tsukkomi-ing you."

"You're...right..."

"Eripon."

Riho's hand slipped over my clenched fist. Her hand was trembling slightly too, and even though I didn't look over, I knew she was almost at her limit. I opened my fist and allowed her hand to slip into mine.

"I'm not crying too."

"Un."

"I'm the ace, I have to face forward."

"Un."

"That's why...that's why..."

Riho halted, her throat seizing up as she swallowed hard, head bowed slightly. Her hand was very small in mine.

"We're not crying."

I said for both of us, squeezing her hand in comfort. She squeezed back.

After all, what's a couple of white lies between generation mates?

=====================================================

Lies. You're both bawling and everyone knows it.

*crawls away into corner to cry*

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Estrea's Sandbox [30/4 - I'm Not Crying]
« Reply #738 on: May 15, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »
Wrote a quick little fic on the train after being inspired by a feudal era story.

========================================================

Hidden in Maple

A long shadow fell over the bruised face of a battered thug, who squinted through a barely open slit of his swollen eye, flinching away at the outline. Or well, as best as he could, with a sandaled foot placed on his chest.

"Oi, you alive?"

Uneasy squirming, but that was answer enough in itself. The unknown warrior grunted, lifting the foot crushing the man's chest and turning to look at the rest of the clearing.

It was a scene of carnage, if somewhat lacking in blood. Men in rough clothing lay in crumpled heaps, the tools of their villainous trade shattered scraps of metal. Most had been badly beaten, but no skin was actually broken, the only blood coming from broken noses or teeth. The only one still conscious was the poor sod this passing warrior had stepped on earlier, but as far as she could determine, none of the bandits were actually dead. Broken bones and rearranged features, certainly, but no fatalities thus far.

"And so the Swordless Wanderer strikes again eh?"

The warrior looked up, both hands slung casually over the daito resting against the back of her neck. As a girl, she could not be officially recognized as a samurai, but in these troubled times there was always work for a good hand with a sword, and Ikuta Erina was no slouch with the long blade she carried. To be honest, she was probably even stronger than the average samurai, since her daito was longer and gave her more reach over a regular katana. And if they ever got within her striking range...

The twin wakizashi at her waist would account for themselves. She usually used them for indoor combat since swinging around a long blade was inconvenient in closed areas, but she could wield daito and wakizashi in each hand if it came to that. The rippling muscles in her biceps were a mute statement of her dedication to arms. Tiny light scarring could be seen on her arms and hands, the mark of an experienced warrior who had yet to suffer serious injury in real combat, and whose mistakes were small and infrequent.

The only deep scar on her was covered partially by headband and fringe, physical reminder of a flung dagger that narrowly missed her eye and gouged a fair path past temple and beyond. Half blinded by blood and pain, Erina was glad she had managed to cut down the last man attacking her before passing out. It was a blessing the blade hadn't been poisoned, or she wouldn't be here now. As a reminder of that incident, she had shorn off her long locks and tied a thin strip of cloth around her forehead to keep her fringe out of her eyes. The result was a vaguely masculine, even dashing appearance, a fact Erina was not shy to take advantage of when the occasion arose. Loveable rogues scored better deals with young ladies, and sometimes, not so young ladies. As a wandering mercenary, saving on coin was always a wise choice whenever possible.

And now, her assignment had been completed by this vexing Swordless menace. The local lord had tasked her to rid the woods of the marauding bandits, and she had tracked them for days, only to find that someone had beaten her to the punch. It wasn't even that this mystery warrior was trying to steal her business, since whoever they were, they had only beaten up the bandits and nothing else.

Well, almost nothing else. A quick rummage around the crude campsite revealed that neither coin nor food were left, and there was even a smouldering flame in the firepit when she had first arrived. It was as if the mystery person had come, beat everyone up, took their rations, cooked and eaten, then left with the money plundered...right before Erina had stumbled in on the scene.

It was almost vexing to see how casual this mystery warrior was about the whole thing. Erina had heard talk of the Swordless Wanderer before, but had dismissed it as idle chatter...until now. Seemed like there really was a wandering warrior out there capable of beating up on a dozen bandits without drawing a sword.

It was almost insulting to Erina's professional pride, but she swallowed the instinctive indignation and squared her shoulders instead. She might not have had to draw her daito today, but the day would still see blood yet. The lord had demanded proof of the bandits being eliminated, and Erina always finished her jobs.

"Well, whoever you are Swordless, you sure made things easier for me today. I'll buy a beer and drink a toast to ya after I get paid for this!"

Whistling a cheery tune, Erina put down her daito and drew the little knife tucked at her waist instead. A little blade for a little task...

The men weren't smiling when it was over, but a grisly grin yawned wide across every throat, and Erina hummed to herself as she heaved the bloody pack of severed ears that would serve as proof for payment.

Just another day in the war torn fiefdoms. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to survive, after all.

=================================================================

Eripon is my favorite shonen hero.

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Estrea's Sandbox [16/5 - Hidden in Maple]
« Reply #739 on: May 17, 2014, 08:41:46 PM »
*wanders in sleepily* Hi everyone.

=================================================

Dilemma

"Harunan, do you have a moment?"

The older girl looked up from her phone at the youngest in their group, who was scratching at her head and scuffing one foot awkwardly against the ground.

"Of course, what's the problem?" The 19 year old hurriedly finished off her text and sent it off, before turning it face down and putting it on her lap, folding her hands primly over it. Haruka shrugged and flopped down on a chair next to Haruna, taking a quick glance at the mirror to fix her fringe before resting her chin on folded arms on top of the back of the chair. Haruna grinned at the unconscious vanity Haruka displayed, knowing that if she were to point it out, the younger girl would hotly deny it. Ah, to be young...

"Lately...Haru feels kinda weird." The boyish girl confessed, eyes trained on Haruna's lap for no particular reason. Her shoulders seemed to slump a little, her lips drawn into a thin line as she considered her next words. Haruna said nothing, simply waited for the younger girl to get to the point. As the oldest of 10th gen, and also as subleader, she felt a keen duty to watch over the rest, particularly her own gen-mates. Haruka might not come to her often, but it was a show of trust when she did, and Haruna was determined to not let her younger colleague down.

"Like...Haru doesn't really want to talk to someone." Haruka's face was drawn into a grimace. "I want to...but I don't at the same time. I feel really irritated and just want to walk away instead, but it'd be rude and I can't do that so..."

"Is it one of the members?" Haruna asked tactfully, already half-aware of who the younger girl might be referring to. There weren't that many of them, and Haruna was fairly observant herself. Haruka jerked a little, an instinctive lie on her lips, but her eyes flicked up and saw the expression on Haruna's face, and she scowled in response instead. Haruna smiled beatifically.

"Well, yeah." The admission was grudging, but Haruka knew there wasn't much point in lying to someone who already knew who she was talking about.

"Duu has been talking to Suzuki-san a lot recently." Haruna observed offhandedly, though she kept a careful eye on the younger's reactions. At the mention of Suzuki Kanon, their senpai from 9th gen, Haruka seemed to relax a little, an easy smile lightening the cloud hanging over her face.

"It's easy talking to Suzuki-san. She's funny and there's no stress around her at all." Haruka sat up a bit straighter, one shoulder raised in a half-shrug. "Haru can talk freely and be myself."

"So much so that our senpai is going all doki-doki over you, ikemen-san~" Haruna teased. A light blush coloured the girl's face, but it was washed away by the somewhat triumphant smirk that followed instantly.

"Haru's gotta show her best side at all times!"

"Well let's see, we have Takagi-chan, Suzuki-san, some of the Kenshuusei and who knows how many others...Duu sure is popular." Haruna ticked off the candidates who were known to fawn over their resident ikemen on her fingers. She then lowered her hand, looking seriously at the her gen-mate.

"But there's someone you can't talk to."

It was like drawing an instant fog over sunny skies. Haruka scowled, lips curling into a retort.

"It's not like I can't talk to her. I just...don't want to."

"But you said you wanted to just now." Haruna reminded her. The tomboy glared back.

"It's just...not the same, ok?" Haruka took a breath, as if about to say something, then let it out as a sigh instead. "We talk just fine. It's the same as always. Nothing's changed..."

"But...?" Haruna prompted, making a 'go on' gesture with one hand. Haruka sighed again.

"That's what's weird. Nothing's changed at all...but it's like...everything's different." Haruka's shoulders slumped, her gaze falling back down to somewhere near Haruna's knees instead. "We're just talking normally and everything's fine and then I'll just feel...irritated. Even though there's no reason to. It's stupid! I don't even know why! And I don't like it!"

The last few statements came out louder than intended, and it was probably for the best that there wasn't anyone else with them in the room right now. Haruka subsided a little after her outburst, muttering a quick 'sorry' and staring at a spot on her chair instead, her face set in a difficult expression.

Haruna put on her most patient face -- this was a difficult age for the younger girl, she knew -- and tried a different tack.

"Are you irritated with her then?

Haruka's head whipped up. "What? No!" The look of instant outrage faded into bafflement under Haruna's steady gaze. "I'm not...it's just...frustrating."

"What is?"

"Everything!" Haruka burst out, throwing up her hands in frustration. "There's just...nothing."

"Haruka-chan." Haruka blinked. Haruna rarely used her name, unless she was being serious.

"If you want me to help you, you're going to have to be honest with me. Now," Haruna looked squarely at the younger girl in the eye. "Do you dislike this person?"

Haruka frowned. "Of course not."

Haruna nodded to herself; she had expected no less. She had to proceed carefully though.

"Does talking to her make you nervous?"

"Not...really." Haruka rubbed at her chin thoughtfully. "It can be pretty fun sometimes, but..."

"But...?" Haruna prodded. Haruka's face contorted again.

"It's just...not enough."

The words came out a bit grudgingly, as if the boyish girl loathed to say them. Haruka had her nose scrunched up as she scowled, mostly at herself this time. "Haru's being weird, right?"

"Well, not really. Sometimes we just want to talk to a person more. It happens." Haruna explained cheerfully, the buzzing of her phone on her lap going ignored for the moment.

"You're not gonna get that?" Haruka nodded at the phone. The subleader smiled.

"It's ok, it's probably just a text from Aya-chan. She'll understand."

"That's nice. You two are close." There it was, that note of envy barely concealed. Haruna repressed a smile.

"You're close to Takagi-chan too aren't you? You guys flirt around all the time. It can make a girl jealous~" Haruna teased again in a singsong voice, making Haruka flush again.

"We're just playing around! But...I admit...it's nice to have that kind of attention."

"That's because Duu is a narcissist after all~"

"Harunan!!!"

"What, you know it's true." The older girl grinned at the younger, who simply pouted with burning cheeks.

"So maybe you want that kind of attention from Sayashi-san, right?"

The bomb was dropped with hardly any aplomb, but the effect was near-instantaneous. Haruka went pale, then red, shifting from shock to embarrassment before settling on a kind of conflicted dejection.

"S'not possible." It came out in a halfhearted mumble. "S'not what she wants..."

"Oh?" Despite the obvious waves of what looked suspiciously like despair rolling off her younger gen-mate, Haruna found that she was enjoying herself. Did that make her a bad person? She shook off the thought and focused on the situation. She had teenage angst to defuse at the moment.

"I'm not...well, I'm just her kouhai. That's all there is to it." The note of resignation was heavy in her tone. Haruna sighed internally.

"Sayashi-san does like you, you know."

"I'm not like Mizuki-chan though..." Haruka said absently, referring to the other subleader with offhanded casualness. Her familiarity with her former friend from the Eggs was usually ruthlessly crushed under the need for formality at work, but in moments like this the endearment still slipped out unconsciously. Privately, Haruna thought it was cute that Duu was trying so hard to be a grown-up, when it would have been so much easier for her to be a child. Maybe not quite as child-like as Maachan perhaps, but it would probably make the girl happier...or at least less stressed. Then again, the struggle to be taken seriously as an adult was part of what made Duu endearing after all! Haruna nodded to herself.

"You want Sayashi-san to be affectionate with you like she does with Fukumura-san?" Sometimes directness has its own charm. Haruna watched with amusement as Haruka twitched, the muscle in her cheek jumping as her jaw clenched.

"No! It's just..." Mumble mumble. Haruna raised an eyebrow.

"What did you say?"

Mumble. "I....just want her to like me...for who I am."

Ahh, so that's the problem. "Duu is fine as you are already, I think."

"But I'm...!" Haruka started, then bit down on her lip as she cast her gaze down at her own hands. Haruna smiled gently at her younger colleague.

"I know you're trying very hard to establish your character, Duu. I like the cool ikemen you too. Everyone does..." Here Haruna paused to gauge Haruka's reaction. "But you think Sayashi-san doesn't, right?"

"She keeps trying to point out my girly side." Haruka grumbled, wringing her hands slightly. "I hate that."

"Is it so bad to be a girl?" You wouldn't be in Morning Musume if you weren't one, she did not add. Haruka sighed.

"It's just...I don't know! I like being the boy, the ikemen. It's fun. Girls like me that way, and it's really neat to be admired. Plus I like being cool. Boys have more fun..." Haruka grumbled, shrugging eloquently.

This wasn't something Haruna could identify with personally, but her manga experience gave her some context for understanding the dilemma. Duu was...confused. Conflicted. It was partially because of teenage hormones, she was sure. Part and parcel of growing up. It was a constant struggle in the search for one's own identity, and even at the ripe old age of 19, Haruna wasn't completely sure of herself yet either. It was probably something that just happened gradually.

"Do you really have to be one or the other?" Haruna inquired. Haruka looked up, confused. The older girl smiled gently again.

"Duu wants to be cool like a boy, I get that. But you're also a girl, and it's not something you can change. And that's what's making it hard, right?"

Haruka nodded slowly. Haruna inclined her head and continued.

"I think...Duu is trying too hard. You're torn between what you want to be and what you think others want you to be. And then there's who you are underneath...I'm sure it gets really frustrating at times." Haruna took a deep breath.

"But you don't have to choose. You're not just one thing, Duu. You're a lot of things. That makes you who you are. You're not just a cool boy, you also make a really pretty girl...and don't make that face at me, you know it's true. And I'm not telling you that you should be something you don't want to be. What I'm telling you is...you should just accept all sides of yourself. Find a balance in it. You can be cool and a girl and still be an ikemen and everything. Why settle for one thing when you can be so much more?"

Haruna finished in a rush, watching the younger girl knit her brows into a thoughtful frown as she considered everything that was said. Unable to resist the urge to tease her, Haruna then said.

"You can be the you that you like and still appeal to Sayashi-san, you know."

At this, Haruka turned another interesting shade of red. One could almost picture the steam boiling out of her ears.

"It's not like that!"

Fufufu. "Of course not. You just want her to like you, just like the way everyone else does."

"Yes that's...HA.RU.NAN. I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE."

"I wonder?"

"Damn you!"

A door slammed open.

"Duuuuuuu! Harunaaaaaan! Are we playing tag? Are we? Are we?!"

"Sato-san, slow down!"

"Anumin, you play too! You too, Oda!"

"Maachan I'm telling you that's..."

"Ah, Aya-chan's calling, gotta go~"

"GET BACK HERE YOU!"

A bemused 9th gen watched as Harunan made a quick escape past them down the corridor, while an enraged Haruka was being held back by Ayumi and Masaki. Or rather, Maachan was latched onto Haruka like a remora, with Sakura trying futilely to tug her off. Ayumi was trying to juggle everybody with only two arms, and whether it was a success or a failure depends on who you were asking.

"Well, they're lively as always..."

"Yeah..."

It was just another day at the office for Morning Musume, such as it was.

=========================================================

*wanders back out sleepily*

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Mighty Mind