JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - One Black Night

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread "Finally ... a wrestling thread HAS COME BACK TO JPH!P!!!"  (Read 345777 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE News: Jeremy Piven has negative reputation in WWE even before guest-hosting Raw

By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

WWE announcer Jim Ross says he's heard that next week's Raw guest host, Jeremy Piven, has created a perception that he has an "attitude" about using WWE to promote his movie and he may not be fully engaged in the guest hosting role.

"The 'Entourage' star and the star of an upcoming film that actually looks very funny is reportedly somewhat attitudinal," Ross said on jrsbarbq.com.

Ross added that he'll be looking to see if Piven is looking to" simply promote his newest project" or if he will be genuinely interested in taking part in the show like Shaq appeared to be on the July 27 show.

It could be a good thing Piven is coming to WWE with the perception of having an attitude, as it could translate on-camera. Piven could a heel guest host to change the tone of the show from the babyface-dominated Raws the past few weeks.

Ross says Piven would have been set-up for backstage practical jokes in an old-school wrestling environment, but that probably won't be happening in the corporate-friendly WWE locker room.

"In the old days many of the veterans would have clamored to see who could play the biggest rib on Piven or any other 'celebrity' who came into the locker room area and acted any thing less than respectful to the biz," Ross said.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE News: Former WWE wrestler with "three strikes" from Wellness Policy returns at house show

Former WWE wrestler Eugene (Nick Dinsmore) returned to WWE at last night's Smackdown/ECW house show in New Hampshire. Eugene was fired on September 1, 2007 for reportedly receiving a "third strike" from WWE's Wellness Policy.

Eugene wrestled against Ricky Ortiz in the third match of last night's house show. Eugene is expected to feud against Ortiz when he returns to TV on the Smackdown brand. He is rumored to make a return on the August 7 Smackdown.

WWE also brought back Chris Masters on last week's WWE Raw. Masters has "two strikes" from WWE's Wellness Policy.

According to official documents we obtained earlier this year, WWE fired Eugene for his third failed Wellness test. Masters left the company after his second Wellness violation two months after Eugene was fired.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Other News: WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan suffers stroke

WWE Hall of Famer Blackjack Mulligan reportedly suffered a stroke over the weekend.

Former wrestler Barry Windham, who is Mulligan's son, confirmed the stroke to Rick Rockwell of examiner.com.

Mulligan had not been healthy for a while leading to his stroke this weekend. We'll try to follow up with an update as we receive more information.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Other News: Jesse Ventura's new TV series greenlighted for first season

A new TV series starring former WWE wrestler/announcer Jesse Ventura has been picked up by TruTV (formerly Court TV). Ventura filmed pilot episodes that TruTV recently presented to advertising companies, who gave positive feedback on the series.

After the positive feedback, TruTV ordered an entire first series for Ventura's show, titled "Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura." The show will premiere in late 2009.

"We received a very positive response when we showed a preview of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura at this year's advertising upfront presentation, so it's very exciting to be able to greenlight it for a full series," said Marc Juris, executive VP of TruTV.

Broadcasting & Cable report.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Sgt. Slaughter is the guest host for next weeks RAW.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Other News: Steve Austin set to begin filming new movie

WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin is set to film a new movie in Vancouver, B.C. later this month. The new movie, titled "The Stranger," is described as an FBI crime chase.

Austin is scheduled to play the role of a "material witness" in a "top-secret" FBI investigation. The action movie will also star Adam Beach, who plays the FBI agent.

Beach is known for his TV role as Detective Chester Lake in the "Law & Order: SVU" TV show. He was also in the "Flags of our Fathers" 2006 movie.

Reuters report on Austin and Beach. 
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE News: Jim Ross lets fly with critiques, criticisms, questions about current WWE product including The Miz's storyline on Raw

WWE Smackdown announcer Jim Ross returned home to Oklahoma from the Smackdown TV taping in New York with several direct critiques, criticisms, and points to make about the current WWE TV product on his jrsbarbq.com blog. Ross also said he's working on some new "huge" features for his jrsbarbq.com online store that will be announced soon.

-- On the Smackdown TV taping: "It was one of those nights where nothing seem to come easy at the announce desk, not that it really seems to matter I suppose."

-- (Rey) Mysterio is a one of a kind competitor and I hope that some day the powers that be see that Rey vs. Tyson Kidd and Rey vs. Evan Bourne would be matches fans would love to emotionally invest.

-- On top match-ups seemingly being on repeat: "Goodness knows that wrestling fans in general are rapidly growing tired of seeing many of their favorites competing/performing with the same suspects week in and week out. Sometimes new bouts will suck but sometimes they won't but at least it will be something different. Isn't different still a good thing?"

-- On the four-way #1 contender match to the Intercontinental Title booked for Friday's Smackdown episode: "It was physical but it seemed it lack 'something;' that is one of those intangible things and there is a good chance that I could be wrong and the match seemed to rush along too fast."

-- On The Miz being booted from Raw: "What in the hell is up with Miz. I honestly felt that Miz had 'something' going for him but obviously folks MUCH smarter than I apparently see Miz's persona differently. Some day Miz could end up on SD as Todd Grisham could use a young, hip color commentator and Miz is very glib and topical."
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
I'm starting to watch more TNA then WWE now if anything ECW is the only brand to me worth watching in the WWE since it has alot of potential with the new superstars coming out of development plus it's not the same thing every week. I'm liking Yoshi Tatsu but it's hard to take him serious with his theme.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
btw, Freddie Prinze Jr will guest host Raw next week..

more I see it, I'm becoming more into Legacy..

anybody seen what they were giving with new Rise and Fall of WCW DVD? an official NWO T-shirt..what I wouldn't give to have one!

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
I saw that I'm probably gonna end up getting it just for the shirt. Though Best Buy has a combo deal you get the ECW dvd along with the WCW one if you get their package so both seem tempting I guess it's a matter of cost.

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
Summerslam is tonight anyone watching? Also anyone looking forward to any of the matches. I'm looking forward to Dolph Vs Mysterio II. Their fight at Night of Champions was awesome so this should be another good match. I hope Mysterio walks out of LA still Intercontinental Champion.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Cedric The Entertainer is the guest host for next weeks RAW.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE News: Linda McMahon resigns from WWE CEO position to officially run for U.S. Senate

WWE CEO Linda McMahon has resigned from her position as chief executive officer to officially run for U.S. Senate in Connecticut next year. Vince McMahon will take over her duties as company CEO.

Linda McMahon officially announced her decision to run for government office on Wednesday. She will be contending against three other Republican candidates to run against current Democratic senator Christopher Dodd in 2010.

McMahon attacked Dobbs and the Washington political scene during her official announcement, which the AP covered. She said Washington is "out of control" and Dodd has "lost his way and our trust."

Link:AP report on Linda's official announcement. 
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Hardy News: Jeff Hardy's court dates scheduled following his drug trafficking arrest last Friday

Former WWE star Jeff Hardy's first court date following his arrest on Friday will be Wednesday, September 30. North Carolina court records show Hardy is officially faced with three separate charges.

The hearing on Sept. 30 is the initial step in the legal process. The court will read the charges against Hardy, who will enter his plea. Depending on his plea, a potential trial to evaluate evidence and reach a verdict will then be scheduled for a later date.

Hardy's three separate charges are officially listed as:

-- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
-- Felony possession of cocaine and Felony maintaining a dwelling for drug use and possible distribution
-- Felony drug trafficking of opium and two counts of Felony possession with intent to redistribute a Schedule III drug.

BACKGROUND ON THE JEFF HARDY ARREST STORY
-- Original News report on Hardy's arrest
-- New details discovered
-- Clarification on possible prison sentence 
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
WWE News: Linda McMahon resigns from WWE CEO position to officially run for U.S. Senate
Shit, I had heard about this last week but thought it was just a prank. :o

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
lol I read that and thought Stephanie McMahon. :doh:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Reverend Al Sharpton is the guest host for RAW for next week.   XD
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Today's RAW is the last for Lillian Garcia. :cry:

Best wishes Lillian.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
WWE News: Bret Hart reportedly interested in returning to WWE TV; Hart would be contradicting himself

WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart is reportedly interested in returning to WWE TV as an on-air authority figure character, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. WWE reportedly created the Montreal Screwjob storyline to re-introduce Hart if he agrees to return.

Hart returning to WWE TV as a regular character would contradict a definitive statement he made earlier this year. In February, Hart said he had no interest in ever working for WWE again as a regular character. He said he didn't want to be in a position to collect a paycheck from Vince McMahon again.

"I try to cooperate with them when I can, I think its good to be on better terms with them (WWE), but I have no plans at all to appear on any TV show or pay per view for them, ever," Hart said on the Blog Talk Radio show in February. "I don’t ever want to be in a position where I have to work and actually expect to make a check from them or contract."

One of the key questions if Hart were to return would be whether he can cooperate with Shawn Michaels. Michaels is on the Raw brand and it appears Hart would join the Smackdown brand where WWE re-created the Montreal Screwjob storyline. Hart said in the same interview he would at least talk to Michaels.

"I'm at that stage in my life where I'd probably hear him out maybe, I don't know," Hart said on Blog Talk Radio. "Sometimes you're better off, you don't want to be carrying around a lot anguish, you know, bitterness or anything. Sometimes you're better off letting it go ... I just kind of prefer to stay away from it."

"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Ben Rothleisberger from the Steelers is guest hosting Raw next week..

is it just me or these guest hosts starting to be a little too much? :P

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - One Black Night