JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Spiderspins

Author Topic: H!P Author/Reader Intro Thread  (Read 97166 times)

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: H!P Author/Reader Intro Thread
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2010, 06:31:35 PM »
Hello Beecubed.  Looking forward to the media stir you will surely create when you start pumping out fanfics here.  :O2  Ah gots a good feeling aboutchoo.

1. Tell something about yourself
I didn't want to answer this question because I couldn't find a witty and funny way to do it.  So I guess that explains what kind of person I am.  I strive for greatness and fail epically... :lol:  I also like music and biking. 8D

2. Do you write fanfics?
I used to.  Go forth, my sleuthing detectives, and find them.  Hidden away in the folds of the internets they are (or at least a lot of the earlier ones from 5 years ago are. ;P)  I'm working on something of a different nature now.  It's a group story-writing effort.  See, once upon a time at JPH!P, there was a bunch of girls and one boy who decided to jump on an airship in a steampunkified 1895 and go for a little adventure...

3. What's your favorite fanfic?
I love Essy's (*cough*unfinished*cough*) "All Aboard".  Also the vicious "Morning Battle: Everybody Dies (Even Miki)" by our dear Vikitty.

4. Who's your favorite writer?
Well, the two mentioned above are definitely on the list.  I love e-girl's stuff cuz it messes with my head.  I'm not really up on the new writers here, but I think there must be many others who I would really enjoy.

5. Who's your favorite H!P member?
I've always been a fan of the 85ers + Ayaya.  I also dig our Lovely Narcissistic Sayu, the Illustrious 8D-Faced LinLin, and the Let's-Make-Her-Super-Duper-Intelligent-In-All-Our-Fanfics Shiba-chan.
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2010, 05:19:38 PM »
Hello Beecubed.

Hello Commie.

(It's okay to call you Commie, right? xD)

I've heard a lot about you and your stories. Finished reading the first 3 of your Love x 2 series, and despite not being a GAM fan, really loved it! Want to read the rest of the series (and all the other notable stories here at JPH!P) once I get my ebook reader and slap them all on to read whenever and wherever I want! ^___^

Looking forward to the media stir you will surely create when you start pumping out fanfics here.  :O2  Ah gots a good feeling aboutchoo.

Oh my goodness, I haven't even really said anything about 'pumping out' fics here and you're already putting the pressure on  :nervous

But I like I said, it's important to be commie-approved  :luvluv2:

So sankyu and hopefully when I do get some fics out, they will cause people to fall on their knees and  :bow: to me.  :grin:
No... I have a while to go before I reach that kind of talent  :lol:
Well actually, I'm OK with my writing, but the thing that I'm worried about are my stories. For me, writing alone doesn't make a writer, it's the story that's important... and I always worry over my stories. T___T

---

I'm excited to see how your group story-writing is going to turn out!   :inlove:
Thank you for putting up your intro  :twothumbs

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »
I think I should address the 'who are you?'/'what do you like?' questions, courtesy of Beecubed. So, the right thing to do is to introduce myself here, right?

I'm from Malaysia. My first language is English and subsequently, my national language and then only my own mother tongue and dialects. My facility in English may be attributed to well-written fanfic, my lack of is plain carelessness so please forgive my patchy language skills.

Literally, almost everything I know about life, I learned in fanfic. More often than not, I would not even have read the book, or watched the movie, nor listened to the music- but I would love the fandom based on the fanfic alone. (That, and cute girls help)

2. Do you write fanfics?
I have certainly tried in the past. But no other fandom except H!P has actually inspired me to post them up.

I can't really name any one- so here are the types I like:
a) Well-written ones: I love properly crafted words that can invoke emotions and spark imaginations and any writer that can do it well, gets my eternal admiration.

b) On the flip side, I value comedy and entertainment, so the funny ones, even the wildly implausible, gets my love. 'Another day at H!P' falls under this category.

My first fanfic here was Estrea's which really made me fall in love with the fandom. Note to self: now that I've delurked, must thank.

Hm, maybe when I'm caught up with my reading here, I'd know better. I got a long list to go.

I really do love them all as a whole. There are little quirks to each that I adore.

My first encounter with MM, as I may have mentioned, is the Hard Gay clip with the girls. I googled Morning Musume, watched the Renai Revolution PV and Nakazawa-san jumped out at me- I didn't even know she was leader then. I speak of her with deference because of this. In my ipod playlist, I used to feel guilty if I didn't order the solo songs with her heading the list. This is likely because I'm just stupid that way. I was actually instantly attracted to Yossi, but I suspect that was just my internal gaydar going off. I have a lot of affection for the OG and Yonkies, in particular.

As I got to know more of H!P, I fell in love with each of them individually. In recent months, I've been fixating on Ishikawa-san for some reason, she has an incredibly rich personality and uncomplicated layers. If I really had to name one favorite member, she would be it.

I think if I just got to know Takahashi-san better, I could just be endlessly fascinated. Really do need references for her- any advice?

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »
^ :O Your first fic was mine? Which one!? *is stressed for no particular reason again*

:lol:

Sometimes I think I'm just way too high strung in general. XD And you're from Malaysia? Cool we're neighbors. :lol: Welcome to the family! :D

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2010, 09:39:53 PM »
^ :O Your first fic was mine? Which one!? *is stressed for no particular reason again*

Sometimes I think I'm just way too high strung in general. XD And you're from Malaysia? Cool we're neighbors. :lol: Welcome to the family! :D

Ah, it's Estrea. Thanks.

Seriously, though- you have no need to stress. It was All Aboard- reading that gave me enough faith in the fandom to keep loving it. I think I was in a GAM phase at that time. Besides, who doesn't love a good high seas adventure? Hm, must reread.

Geez, its in the a.m., neighbour. Shouldn't we be sleeping?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2010, 05:09:37 AM »
Well I went to bed after that. I don't know about you. XD

Ah, All Aboard. Good times, those. Haha. Glad you liked it. ;)

So which part of Malaysia do you live in? XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2010, 11:52:06 AM »
I think I should address the 'who are you?'/'what do you like?' questions, courtesy of Beecubed. So, the right thing to do is to introduce myself here, right?

Yay, getting to know grac!  :P
Thanks for putting your little introduction up here. It's great to know more about my fellow fic buddies. ^__-

I'm from Malaysia. My first language is English and subsequently, my national language and then only my own mother tongue and dialects. My facility in English may be attributed to well-written fanfic, my lack of is plain carelessness so please forgive my patchy language skills.

:shocked:
Malaysia! I have a Malaysian friend and she's awesome so I have no choice but to generalise and believe that you are too. Not that you have to prove yourself... coz in my books, grac is already awesome  :heart:

Patchy language skills? I have yet to see that...  :roll:

Literally, almost everything I know about life, I learned in fanfic. More often than not, I would not even have read the book, or watched the movie, nor listened to the music- but I would love the fandom based on the fanfic alone. (That, and cute girls help)

Wow, seriously? What makes you so attracted to fanfics? I mean, I don't think I would ever be able to sit through some fics if it weren't for the fandom involved... >.<

That's really interesting... hmmm.

I have certainly tried in the past. But no other fandom except H!P has actually inspired me to post them up.

H!P for the win.
 :otomerika: :yossi:

I can't really name any one- so here are the types I like:
a) Well-written ones: I love properly crafted words that can invoke emotions and spark imaginations and any writer that can do it well, gets my eternal admiration.

I agree; although, well-written ones without any heart aren't necessarily good by default. I prefer a story with a big heart to one that's simply well-written  :nervous
If a story can showcase the best of both, then obviously, that's the ultimate combination.  :wub:

On the flip side, I value comedy and entertainment, so the funny ones, even the wildly implausible, gets my love. 'Another day at H!P' falls under this category.

I love my comedy too. Ah~, that's a fic I've heard about quite a few times. Never got around to reading it, but you've just reminded me to physically add it to my readîng list. Thanks! ^__^

In recent months, I've been fixating on Ishikawa-san for some reason, she has an incredibly rich personality and uncomplicated layers. If I really had to name one favorite member, she would be it.

*nods head furiously*
I’m so glad we have another Charmy fan here. Yatta! <333
And your attraction to her isn’t just because of ‘some reason’, she truly is awesome, and only the awesome can recognise her awesomeness (because as they say, it takes one to know one XD). I won’t go into details now, but you’ll find all my (mostly older xD) raving posts about her in her fabulous thread @ Chuuch.

I think if I just got to know Takahashi-san better, I could just be endlessly fascinated. Really do need references for her- any advice?

Hmmmm… I don’t have any in particular, not in the way I could point you to a gazillion references for Charmy. But my impression of Ai-chan has been built through a lot of member interviews (what do you think of so and so member…), Hello!Morning, Haromoni and guest appearances on shows. Oh, and DVD magazines. But that doesn’t really help, does it? Aha. >.<

I see Ai-chan as somebody extremely modest, rather shy and kooky and friendly with everybody; but she is a focused and determined individual, rather stubborn in her pursuit of greatness and has very high expectations of herself (and thus, easily frustrated when she doesn’t meet them). She’s a born performer on stage, where she can let go and almost become ‘somebody else.’ She’s a lot more than that (e.g. very mysterious, likes to hit people, quite sensitive etc.), but that’s the kind of description I’d give if somebody asked me to describe Ai-chan. I don’t know about anybody else ^^;

I can’t wait to read more of your character studies, am SO happy you just updated with a Charmy one, and am off to read it properly and make a comment. :)

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2010, 01:28:28 PM »
I'm interested to know too XD Howdy neighbour!

I see Ai-chan as somebody extremely modest, rather shy and kooky and friendly with everybody; but she is a focused and determined individual, rather stubborn in her pursuit of greatness and has very high expectations of herself (and thus, easily frustrated when she doesn’t meet them). She’s a born performer on stage, where she can let go and almost become ‘somebody else.’ She’s a lot more than that (e.g. very mysterious, likes to hit people, quite sensitive etc.), but that’s the kind of description I’d give if somebody asked me to describe Ai-chan. I don’t know about anybody else ^^;
That kinda summarise everything I feel about Ai too :yep: She's the most interesting character to write about imo, from the most innocent a girl can be to the cruelest abusive girlfriend. In short, SHE'S AWESOME :lol:

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2010, 03:21:56 PM »
I'm interested to know too XD Howdy neighbour!
I'm from K-Hell, baby! Cannot imagine living anyplace else- Kuala Lumpur, born and bred. Hello, neighbours. You know we're neighbours and post-colonials because I just ignored my auto-correct to spell 'neighbours' instead.

Wow, seriously? What makes you so attracted to fanfics? I mean, I don't think I would ever be able to sit through some fics if it weren't for the fandom involved... >.

I guess I've always preferred the written word as my medium of choice. Its always nice to see people passionate about a fandom enough to write about it. This coming from someone who trawled the ancient alt.newsgroups for Star Trek fanfic.  :lol:

I love my comedy too. Ah~, that's a fic I've heard about quite a few times. Never got around to reading it, but you've just reminded me to physically add it to my readîng list. Thanks! ^__^

Yes, its like junk food- you know its bad for you, but you can't quite seem to stop until you've finished the whole bag. Its incredibly ridiculous, but comedy gold.  :twothumbs

I can’t wait to read more of your character studies, am SO happy you just updated with a Charmy one, and am off to read it properly and make a comment. :)

You've read it, haven't you? Not quite what you think, huh?  :lol: My first thought upon posting it up was- "boy, they'd be disappointed. Shoulda put a disclaimer up." (Although I'm sure it would've spoiled it a bit- I guess my 'guest writer's' byline was warning enough)

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2010, 01:53:33 PM »
-a freshie to the FANDOM and the fanficness..  XD but i am slowly catching up as i am
unemployed (fresh grad from college) at the moment so i have all the time in the world
to read and download stuff..  :lol:
-i have been reading fanfiction for about a month now(?) more or less.. :? :roll:
yes all day reading.. no life remember?.. haha :banghead:
-i'm hopelessly lazy and laid back person..  8) :P

2. Do you write fanfics?
nope

i shall mention all my favorite..  :bow: OUR CURSED GIFT, Memior (I, II & III), Circle of Three, Gegenschein, Nocturne, Chigatte mo Iin da yo!  :twothumbs
i love these fics.. i know they vary in plot and themes but they are well written and VERY(!!!) entertaining to read.. :grin:

Yuuyami, almond, rokun, Estrea and SarangAi

ERI!!!  :( and AI comes in a close a very close second.. if eri is number 1.. aichan would be 1.000001 hahaha :panic:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:24:25 AM by mmsuki »

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2010, 03:29:28 PM »
welcome! have fun here, and see you around.

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »
 :welcome

Hi, mmsuki! Your username is familiar but I can't pinpoint exactly where I've seen you?  :?
Most likely in SarangAi's thread?  :nervous

Anyway, it's great that you've decided to put up an intro, I usually remember people better this way and it's always good to know a bit more about our authors and readers. Thanks. :)

A relatively new Momusu fan then? Glad you got swept up by the fandom  :thumbsup (I haven't looked back since getting hooked late last year!).

And Ai/Eri have always been my two favourites too (besides Charmy, of course).  :wub:

Welcome again, and hope to see more of you around!  :love:

Offline mmsuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2010, 12:12:20 AM »
@ gracula & Beecubed thank you for the warm welcome..   :kneelbow: :grin:
yes you'll definitely see me around..  XD

@Beecubed.. yes really really new fan.. lol.. you have definitely seen me in her (SarangAi) thread... i post whenever she updates..
and i've been exploring the forum, post here and there.. but basically i am glued to the fanfic section.. :nervous

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »
Oh wow, people still read my fic? xDDDDD

It's an honor to be one of your favorites, thank you, dear mmsuki <3

Hope you make yourself at home! All the writers welcome you with open arms~!

Offline mmsuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2011, 10:47:38 AM »
Oh wow, people still read my fic? xDDDDD

:lol: it would be a shame if they didn't..  :smhid

It's an honor to be one of your favorites, thank you, dear mmsuki <3
EHhhh?!  :nervous it was an easy choice on my part..   :grin:

Offline meowz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »
I’m 23, I now live in Australia, in a state sadly devoid of Jpop and H!P fans.

2. Do you write fanfics?
I’ve been trying to on and off for some time now, but I’ve got a really short attention span I think, so they never get anywhere. But I’ve finally gotten something posted and hopefully it will be finished.

Gosh there are so many. I can’t remember all of them right now, but here’s some:
Prisoner of Love – I think this is over at H!O.
Eri Kamei Vs Morning musume – which has been unfortunately discontinued
Please take care of my club (lil_hamz where are you???)
Maybe I ought to update this when I remember them…but so many of these stories are discontinued its such a pity.

Again, there’s heaps: GoodMorningXD from H!O, ShikyoxYaiba, Writerjunkie…
SarangAi and gracula – I’ve been reading their fics recently and they’re really good.
What happened to inDeceit anyway? I really liked her fics too.

Eri.

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »
^
Australia?! That's where the awesome Beecubed lives! That's enough of a Jpop/H!P fanbase to start a party, I think. XD  :jphip:

Thanks for the fave, and I really like your fic too. I suffer from short attention span myself. This is why I don't sleep so I can accomplish everything I want to in a day. So if you need a good swift kick of a reminder once in a while, I will be happy to provide that service.

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2011, 08:21:07 PM »
Yay! Thanks for putting up an intro, meowz. ^___^

Oh, you live in AUSTRALIA. Why'd you come live here on this boring craphole of a barren land? (I do love my country, don't have me mistaken...)

Anyways, I've still got a few hundred comments to make, so expect one from me soon! I'm really excited about your one, sounds very promising so far.  :wub:

Ooohh! I've read Prisoner of Love! It was never finished though >___<
Yeah, that was a pretty addictive read!  :heart:

Nice choice of favourite authors; junkie-chan, grac & sarangai being the only ones I've read there... but yeah. They're all awesome.  :cow:

An Eri fan too.  :twothumbs

Hope to see more of you!!!!  :love:

^
Australia?! That's where the awesome Beecubed lives! That's enough of a Jpop/H!P fanbase to start a party, I think. XD  :jphip:

Dear grac, I have yet to find a H!P-mad friend in the flesh to latch onto... T___T
It's so lonely here.
I have to go to the net to fangirl as I please...
But if you consider just me enough to start a party, I will gladly agree.  :theking

If you're ever in town, meowz.  :P

So if you need a good swift kick of a reminder once in a while, I will be happy to provide that service.

:rofl:

*raises hand*

Can I sign up here?

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2011, 04:39:07 AM »
Hi meowz! I see everyone has been making you welcome. XD

So if you need a good swift kick of a reminder once in a while, I will be happy to provide that service.

I admit I need this too. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2011, 05:01:22 AM »

:rofl:

*raises hand*

Can I sign up here?

I admit I need this too. :lol:

:lol: I should totally start a thread here called "A good swift kick to the- hoy! update doko?". We can sign up there and utilize that. Never will an author be able to safely click 'Show New Replies" without seeing it.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Spiderspins