JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Secret - My Boy

Author Topic: [TV] Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives  (Read 9213 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
[TV] Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
« on: August 08, 2010, 05:05:39 AM »

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (DDD, The Triple D) is an American food television series that premiered in April 2007 on the Food Network. Produced by Page Productions, the program stars and is hosted by Guy Fieri. The show originally began as a one-off special, based on the idea proposed by David Page.

When Food Network launched its HD simulcast of its SD channel on March 31, 2008, later episodes of the series began to be presented in high definition, although it never aired on the former Food Network HD channel.

The show features a "road trip" concept, similar to Road Tasted, Giada's Weekend Getaways and $40 a Day. Fieri travels around the United States looking for the best drive-in restaurants, diners and dive bars.

Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri (pronounced /ˈɡaɪ fiˈɛri/; born January 22, 1968) is an American cook, restaurateur, author, and television personality. He is best known as a star on the Food Network. He co-owns five restaurants in California, Johnny Garlic's and Tex Wasabi's.

Wiki Page
Guy Fieri Wiki Page
Official Site

"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: [TV] Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 07:35:59 AM »
Guy has a good insight into food and the willingness to grind into food and his certified eating poses are awesome :twothumbs
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:52:18 AM »
The cool thing about this show is that Guy genuinely has fun doing it. It's not just "we're doing a show on this city/restaurant so we have to look like we like being here." The way Guy foodgasms...there's just no way you can fake that. :lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:28:20 AM »
"Driving the bus to flavortown"

And the best way to eat a good burger
Hands up
Elbows out
And fit the burger in the mouth
Enjoy goodness
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 06:26:51 AM »
Having trouble remembering a particular episode or restaurant that was featured in the show? No prob, turns out some fans have made an online blog archive! :rockon:
http://dinersdrive-insanddives.blogspot.com/

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 06:18:16 AM »
Watching an ep as I type. He's in Hawaii.

Dammit now I want poke.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poke_%28Hawaii%29

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 03:05:07 AM »
More related directly with Guy instead of the Triple D, just didn't want to start up a whole new thread for it. :)

California teen charged in theft of celebrity chef's Lamborghini
ASSOCIATED PRESS | Wednesday, May 02, 2012 2:36 AM

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - A California teenager has been charged with the brazen theft of a Food Network celebrity chef's Lamborghini convertible from a car dealership, but his problems do not end there.

Marin County prosecutors on Tuesday also charged 17-year-old Max Michael Wade as an adult with two counts of attempted murder, the Marin Independent Journal reported. Those charges stem from a shooting last month in which someone on a motorcycle fired into a truck occupied by two teenagers.

While investigating Wade as a suspect, detectives followed him to a storage container in Richmond, where they found the yellow Lamborghini belonging to celebrity chef Guy Fieri. The car was stolen in San Francisco last year by a burglar who rappelled into a dealership showroom from the roof.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.globalnews.ca/world/california+teen+charged+in+theft+of+celebrity+chefs+lamborghini/6442632473/story.html

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 12:34:31 AM »
Every time I watch the episode with Rainbow's Drive Inn, I laugh at how they make gravy and if you ask if many people do it....

Unfortunately, yeah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 07:14:49 AM »
He returned to Hawaii and a place couple blocks away from me

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jawaiian-Irie-Jerk/181371748581864

I tasted here before and to be honest, it is quite amazing that his food is good
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 06:07:07 AM »
Having trouble remembering a particular episode or restaurant that was featured in the show? No prob, turns out some fans have made an online blog archive! :rockon:
http://dinersdrive-insanddives.blogspot.com/
The blogspot site seems to have been inactive for about a year and a half.

Luckily, there's THIS one to take it's place. It comes complete with links to smartphone apps. :yep: :thumbsup
http://www.flavortownusa.com/ 

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 10:36:04 PM »

:lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 03:15:06 AM »
More related directly with Guy instead of the Triple D, just didn't want to start up a whole new thread for it. :)

California teen charged in theft of celebrity chef's Lamborghini
ASSOCIATED PRESS | Wednesday, May 02, 2012 2:36 AM

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - A California teenager has been charged with the brazen theft of a Food Network celebrity chef's Lamborghini convertible from a car dealership, but his problems do not end there.

Marin County prosecutors on Tuesday also charged 17-year-old Max Michael Wade as an adult with two counts of attempted murder, the Marin Independent Journal reported. Those charges stem from a shooting last month in which someone on a motorcycle fired into a truck occupied by two teenagers.

While investigating Wade as a suspect, detectives followed him to a storage container in Richmond, where they found the yellow Lamborghini belonging to celebrity chef Guy Fieri. The car was stolen in San Francisco last year by a burglar who rappelled into a dealership showroom from the roof.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.globalnews.ca/world/california+teen+charged+in+theft+of+celebrity+chefs+lamborghini/6442632473/story.html

Well dang...wasn't exactly expecting THIS harsh of a sentence.  :huhuh

Teen Who Stole Guy Fieri's Lambourghini Sentenced to Life in Prison for Multiple Crimes
January 27, 2014 at 9:30AM by Kiri Tannenbaum

Remember when Guy Fieri's bright yellow Lambourghini was lifted from an auto dealership back in March 2011? Now Max Wade, the teen who stole the celeb chef's car (to impress his lady friend), has been sentenced to life in state prison.

Auto theft isn't the only crime on Wade's record. According to CBS San Francisco, Wade fired shots at a young couple, 18-year-old Landon Wahlstrom and 17-year-old Eve Dedier, while they were sitting in a pick-up truck in a tiny San Francisco town in April 2012. Wade was convicted of attempted murder and sentenced to life with the possibility of parole. He got 20 years for intentional discharge of a firearm, and for stealing Fieri's $200,000 car, Wade got 16 months.

Judge Kelly Simmons told reporters, "It's a shocking case, and I'm sorry to be the judge who sentences such a young person to such a long sentence. But he deserves it." According to marinij.com, Wade will have to serve 85 percent of his 21-years-and-four-months sentence before he will be up for parole.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://ca.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/teen-who-stole-guy-fieri-s-lamboughini-gets-life-in-prison

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 02:39:31 AM »

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Secret - My Boy