JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: ANGERME - Tomo Yo

Author Topic: Iron Man 2 (2010)  (Read 13765 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Iron Man 2 (2010)
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »
New Image Of Robert Downey Jr. On Iron Man 2 Set

By Katey Rich

After Marvel used the occasion of Comic Con to debut action shots and badass new weaponry from Iron Man 2, you might have thought they'd use the next round of publicity stills to show us more of the goods. But apparently they've learned that, since Whiplash didn't look all that great when he wasn't in motion, the still images will be as boring as possible.

And this rule even holds for their own company! Over at Marvel.com, they've got a set visit report and an exclusive new image for the film, in which Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is sitting in his fancy armchair and consulting with Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Entertainment. I suppose that Feige technically isn't talking to Stark, but to Downey Jr., but semantics.

"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:02:03 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »
Marvel Considering Converting Iron Man 2 Entirely to 3D?!

It was inevitable, wasn't it? Especially after I saw Marvel Studio's Kevin Feige going in to watch the Avatar Day footage at the same theater I was at. Eventually Marvel (and the rest of Hollywood) would want to make all their movies in 3D, too. And while people are saying negative things about the way the CGI in Avatar looks, no one is saying anything bad about the 3D. Harry at AICN has published a scoop claiming ("I can state that the following is absolutely true") that Marvel is looking at converting Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2 into 3D. On top of that, they're considering converting Iron Man 1 to 3D and re-releasing it a bit earlier.

Here's an excerpt from Harry's article about why Marvel is so damn interested in paying for the conversion. Right now, there is a 1 minute demo of IRON MAN 2 converted to high quality digital 3D. I'm told this one minute is totally like Kim Basinger & Mickey Rourke in 9 1/2 WEEKS. HOT! Crazy Hot! Right now the Suits at Marvel & Paramount & now also Disney are considering this 1 minute. At the same time that this is happening, they are fishing for bids with 3 different companies to see what the cost and time it would take to convert IRON MAN 2 to a complete 3D film. This same process is being done to Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAND.

Before I go on any further (about how awesome it would be to see Iron Man flying and fighting in 3D), let me recall a quote from James Cameron himself that comes from a conference he spoke at. At last year's 3D Entertainment Summit, Cameron participated in a Q&A and was asked at one point about his thoughts on Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland in 3D. "It doesn't make any sense to shoot in 2D and convert to 3D," he said. He also criticized the red-and-blue 3D movies on DVDs, saying it was "stunting 3D growth." I've been a strong anti-3D advocate for a long time, but have openly said that it will be Cameron who changes my mind. And yet he's dead on with that statement - converting 2D to 3D does not make any sense.

I don't want to get into all the technical details, but personally I just don't think the conversion process results in high quality 3D (it looks layered). Did anyone see the 3D segments of Superman Returns or Harry Potter? They looked terrible. The only movies that I have praised for their use of 3D (U2 3D, Monsters vs Aliens, Pixar's Up) have been movies that were shot in 3D and/or created from the ground up in 3D. It really makes all the difference and I feel like this decision is simply because they're getting excited about 3D and want to be a part of that revolution (which I predict will fully kick off with Avatar). But do we need this?

Getting back to the news at hand, though, apparently this 1-minute 3D demo reel looks so good, that they're even considering converting Iron Man to 3D. "There's a chance they'll actually pony up to convert Iron Man for a reissue in advance of Iron Man 2's summer release," Harry says. Hell, I'd love to see Iron Man re-released, because it'd be fun to watch that in theaters right before seeing Iron Man 2 in theaters, but as for the 3D, I'm just not into it. I'm also stunned that so many people are unsure of seeing 3 hours of Avatar in 3D (like this comment) yet are probably going to be excited by this news. Need I remind you that the 3D probably won't look that good if it has to be converted? I just want a great movie, it doesn't need to be in 3D.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/09/01/marvel-considering-converting-iron-man-2-entirely-to-3d/

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline LovelyGaki

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »
hmmm....3-D or 2-D???  :wth
and nice poster :lol:

“Never regret anything coz at one time it was exactly what u wanted……;))”
-Ayumi Hamasaki
The WrecKreated Co.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »
Robert Downey Jr. Definitely Had a Hand in Writing Iron Man 2

It's no secret that actor Robert Downey Jr. had a hand in crafting the somewhat life-mirroring character of Tony Stark in Marvel's Iron Man. So it comes as no surprise that his involvement in writing Iron Man 2 was more than a fleeting instance. Director Jon Favreau recently told Empire (via WENN): "Robert is a real partner in the process. He's been very involved in the screenplay. When he went away to do Sherlock Holmes he was still part of our creative process." And if you're at all worried about an actor like Downey Jr. becoming heavily involved in the writing process of a property like this, read on to put your mind at ease.

Favreau points out: "Even in the first film, where he was originally a hired gun playing the role, he really stepped up to rewrite scenes - he's a great writer, too. So we really are sharing the responsibilities." It's nice to hear that there's some fusion among actor, director and writer with Downey, Favreau, and (the actual) screenwriter Justin Theroux (who also happens to be an actor) collaborating so nicely. It's much more reassuring than Edward Norton's involvement in the re-writes and editing for The Incredible Hulk, which sparked more than a small debate between Norton and Marvel. And of course, this is just more fuel for the fire that's already burning in anticipation of Iron Man 2. We'll keep you posted on any further updates.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/11/30/robert-downey-jr-definitely-had-a-hand-in-writing-iron-man-2/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 09:09:27 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »
THATS SICK!!

mickey Rourke's whips are my favourite part of that, and I never knew there were more Iron Men lol

Offline Maruku84

• 初しぐれ 猿も小蓑を ほしげ也
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • hatsu shigure saru mo komino wo hoshige nari
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 09:36:55 AM »
heck yea, War Machine Kicks ass, that trailer gives me such a nerdgasm,  :jerk: its freakin epicly awesome :bow:. and hell yea to Whiplash, that movie is goin to kick so much ass, gwen paltrow tossing the helmet out of the plane was pretty funny too

Avatar and Sig by Me , Every Day i'm Hustlin XD
(04:29:25 AM) bartender_bot: I love diarrhea
(04:29:51 AM) J-Triumf: bartender_bot loves diarrhea...remember that

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2009, 11:23:14 AM »
HD version:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 04:55:57 AM »
New trailer:

:rockon:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 05:51:46 AM »
That new trailer rawks, fo sho!

WAR MACHINE, FUCK YEA!!
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 06:42:44 AM »
I just found the portable suit awesome. If this was set in Japan someone would be yelling SOCHAKU! XD

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2010, 12:14:07 PM »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »
hot babe and portable suit... oh i want to see this movie so much

Offline [R-748]

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 09:26:14 PM »
Possible Spoilers: Read at your own risk! :panic:
Highlight the text..

In one one of the scenes from Iron Man 2, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Coulson (played again by Clark Gregg) gets orders to leave Tony Stark and is reassigned to a situation in New Mexico. And that’s it, no showing/telling/whatever is happening there.

Then cut to the credits.

After the credits conclude, we see a black car pushing up dirt as it zooms through the desert. We are even given a close-up of the New Mexico license plate of the car so that we know it is New Mexico. The license plate reads 8RE 2Z1. Not sure if there's a story behind those numbers and letters.

A man exists the vehicle, and it cuts to a wide show of a huge crater in the earth.
We see that the man not Tony Stark, but Agent Coulson.
He looks down at the inside of the big hole, which has been revealed to contain cars and workers working on something.
Agent Coulson picks up his cellphone and tells the person on the other end “Sir, we’ve found it.”

Cut to a shot from inside the giant crater, and we push back to reveal the hammer of Thor sticking out of the ground.

Ain't that Awesome?!

You can see the blurry screenshots here.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: ANGERME - Tomo Yo