JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Namida Wo Misenaide ~BOYS DON`T CRY~

Author Topic: Studio Ghibli  (Read 21416 times)

Offline kekekeke

• yeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Studio Ghibli
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 06:34:32 PM »
Gotta love Studio Ghibli. :thumbsup

-My top 5-
1. Castle of Cagliostro
2. Whisper of the Heart
3. Porco Rosso
4. Grave of the Fireflies
5. Totoro
I have to say, Earthsea and Ponyo were not up to the usual standards IMO.

Wow interesting taste :) I was shocked for a moment and though I had somehow missed a Ghibli movie when I saw Castle of Cagliostro was your number one... Reading up on it I realise now. My top 5 go something like this:
1: Princess Mononoke
2: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
3: Ponyo (dayo) on the Cliff by the Sea
4: Laputa: Castle in the Sky
5: Whisper of the Heart

Though really it's so difficult to put them in such a short list.. Pretty much all of them are my favourite.. It's the only animation that I like (other than Ghost in a Shell) :heart: I think Ponyo is an absolutely beautiful movie. I watched it three nights in a row and I have never done that before.. Makes me so happy and the Japanese is really basic as well..  SO I can understand a lot :D

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 04:53:22 AM »
My top group is

Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Princess Mononoke
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

I need to watch more of them!

Offline kekekeke

• yeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »
That's a nice selection! Yep you should watch more.. I keep watching Grave of the Fireflies even though it makes me cry everytime :'''(

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 04:07:56 PM »
found this

6% Is MINE (GIRLS) - GHBLITIC PUNK-COVERS

01. いつも何度でも
 「千と千尋の神隠し」 主題歌
02. となりのトトロ
 「となりのトトロ」 主題歌
03. テルーの唄
 「ゲド戦記」 挿入歌
04. ナウシカ・レクイエム
 「風の谷のナウシカ」 挿入歌
05. 崖の上のポニョ
 「崖の上のポニョ」 主題歌
06. カントリー・ロード
 「耳をすませば」 主題歌
07. やさしさに包まれたなら
 「魔女の宅急便」 挿入歌
08. 君をのせて
 「天空の城ラピュタ」 挿入歌
→DOWNROAD

ro・∀・nin

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 09:47:54 PM »
Oh, by the way, Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä is a region free bluray:wink:

Offline Tao Priest

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »
On 25th August they released another Ghibli Rock compilation x)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DAKFARM-238

Tracklist
01. Itsumo Nando Demo / Bourbons
02. Kaze ni Naru / Jack in the Box
03. Kimi o Nosete / The Ura Waza
04. Sampo / The Trophies
05. Take Me Home Country Roads / Bourbons
06. Nausicaä Requiem ~ Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä (Medley) / Yellow Studs
07. Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta nara / Toshiyuki Tachikawa (Daijiman Brothers Orchestra)
08. Mononoke Hime / Ayako Nakanomori
09. Rouge no Dengon / Anarchy Stone

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 02:57:29 AM »
http://www.geekosystem.com/studio-ghibli-closing/

Cut Magazine has an interview with Hayao Miyazaki where the venerable animator confesses that if their upcoming Arietty the Borrower doesn’t do well in the box office, plans are already in place to shut down Studio Ghibli.

Suzuki-san is making a dissolution program for Ghibli. No joke, we talked about it the other day. For example, Ghibli should be able to continue with about five staff members as a copyright management company even if we smash the studio. So, Ghibli can say ‘We stop film production. Goodbye’. I do not have to be there.

Presumably Miyazaki means the American box office, as the film has already been released in Japan.

If Arietty does do well, however, Miyazaki confessed that he has a certain Porco Rosso sequel in mind, set in the Spanish Civil War, but that that particular film won’t be made unless Ghibli can make successes of Arietty and two more films.
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline kekekeke

• yeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 07:16:04 AM »
As far as I can see this is only a fail-safe if they can no longer create great the great films that they are famous for and can no longer find suitable new directors.. So I wouldn't be counting on this happening. Well lets hope not anyway :smhid

Offline kekekeke

• yeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 07:18:44 AM »
Oh, by the way, Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä is a region free bluray:wink:
On 25th August they released another Ghibli Rock compilation x)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DAKFARM-238

Tracklist
01. Itsumo Nando Demo / Bourbons
02. Kaze ni Naru / Jack in the Box
03. Kimi o Nosete / The Ura Waza
04. Sampo / The Trophies
05. Take Me Home Country Roads / Bourbons
06. Nausicaä Requiem ~ Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä (Medley) / Yellow Studs
07. Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta nara / Toshiyuki Tachikawa (Daijiman Brothers Orchestra)
08. Mononoke Hime / Ayako Nakanomori
09. Rouge no Dengon / Anarchy Stone

Going to have to get onto both of these.. Thanks :twothumbs

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 07:47:23 PM »
Studio Ghibli's 2011 film to be "Kokuriku-Zaka Kara" by Goro Miyazaki

Wed, December 15, 2010 (12:53pm EST)

On Wednesday, Studio Ghibli announced its next film, scheduled for summer 2011. The movie will be an adaptation of the shojo manga "Kokuriku-Zaka Kara," created by Chizuru Takahashi and Tetsuro Sayama. The director will be Hayao Miyazaki's son Goro, who previously made his debut with "Tales from Earthsea" ("Gedo Senki") in 2006. Studio Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki made the announcement with a message to Goro: "For a director, your second work is important because your true measure is shown. Your first one includes beginner's luck."

"Kokuriku-Zaka Kara" was originally serialized in Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine in 1980. The Studio Ghibli version is set in 1963 Yokohama and focuses on a young girl named Komatsuzaki, whose family runs a lodging house. The film depicts her everyday life with the other students at her high school, including the student council president and the head of the newspaper.

Although the movie is slated for summer 2011, Suzuki said that production is very much behind schedule, and it is currently in the final storyboarding stages. Hayao is involved with the script, and Suzuki is producing. The theme song will be sung by Aoi Teshima, who sang the theme song for "Tales of Earthsea" (she also starred as the voice of Therru).

During the announcement, Suzuki talked about Studio Ghibli's "5-year plan," which the older Miyazaki showed him at the end of last year. According to that plan, the movies in the first three years would be given to younger talents, while the last two years would be very big projects. The plan has already begun, with Hiromasa Yonebayashi's work on "Karigurashi no Arrietty" marking the first of the five years. "Kokuriku-Zaka Kara" will be the second.

The movie's official website has also launched with more details.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-7165

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 07:21:38 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 10:14:06 PM »
Two New Studio Ghibli Projects in the Works By Its Two Co-Founders

Yay, more Studio Ghibli films! As always, we usually hear minor details about their new projects, but have to wait years until they make their way across the Pacific. AnimeNewsNetwork is reporting that Studio Ghibli's two co-founders, Isao Takahata (director of Grave of the Fireflies, The Raccoon War, My Neighbors the Yamadas) and the legendary Hayao Miyazaki, are both at work on new projects. Takahata hasn't directed a feature since 1999, but is now working on a project based on the classic Japanese folktale Taketori Monogatari (The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter). Miyazaki has his own interesting new film in development.

The updates on these projects come straight from co-founder Isao Takahata himself, who was speaking at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Tokyo. Takahata's new project, The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter, has been rumored for a while, but is confirmed to be in the works, although "it may be about two more years before" it's ready. The film will be in the style of the classical Japanese scroll Chōjū-jinbutsu-giga. The 10th century tale, "known by virtually every Japanese child," is about around a princess named Kaguya who was discovered as a baby inside the stalk of a glowing bamboo plant. That sounds charming and very fun already.

As for Miyazaki, he's already working on Porco Rosso: The Last Sortie at the moment, the sequel to their 1992 film Porco Rosso, but apparently also has an "autobiography" project in the works next. Before everyone gets too excited about seeing an autobiography about Miyazaki himself, ANN says "Suzuki's vague phrasing in Japanese did not indicate if the work is Miyazaki's own autobiography, or an adaptation of another person's autobiography." Just making sure things aren't lost in translation and that no one assumes this is going to be all about Miyazaki's life, although that autobiography would be incredible to see one day.

Studio Ghibli recently finished Arrietty, also known as The Borrowers, and also has From Up On Poppy Hill (known as Kokuriko-zaka kara, directed by Goro Miyazaki), which will be premiering at the Toronto Film Festival this month. As I'm a huge Ghibli/Miyazaki fan myself, I always keep an eye out for their latest projects, we'll keep you updated. Which upcoming Studio Ghibli film are you most excited about?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/two-new-studio-ghibli-projects-in-the-works-from-two-co-founders/

Offline benz

• ecchi
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 02:37:57 PM »
I love Studio Ghibli very much
My Ghibli ranking
1.Spirited Away
2.My Neighbor Totoro
3.Pom Poko
4.Howl's moving castle
5.Whisper of heart

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 11:42:24 PM »
I gave up watching Spirited Away,it was too weird even for me. It was better than what I remember of Pocahontas,even though it's years since I saw it. That's about the only endorsement I can give it.

Grave of the Fireflies I'm not touching because the world is depressing enough.

Totoro I thought was boring at first then it got to the bit with the tree and it was good. Ponyo I like. The rest I haven't seen.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »
Hayao Miyazaki announces retirement from feature film direction

Today brings us some rather major breaking news, as it's being reported that Studio Ghibli's world-renowned director Hayao Miyazaki is to step down from directing any further feature films at the age of 72, making his current work Kaze Tachinu his last film in such a role.

There's little requirement to expound upon Mr. Miyazaki's legacy - a simple look through Studio Ghibli's back catalogue, or his work prior to that on the likes of Future Boy Conan and Lupin III movie The Castle of Cagliostro, gives you an idea of the huge worldwide influence and popularity of his work.

The news, revealed in a press conference at the Venice International Film Festival, seems to suggest that Hayao Miyazaki will continue in some role at Studio Ghibli, in a supervisory capacity or possibly even directing short films and the like, but this marks an interesting line in the sand for the studio of which he is such a huge part, and no doubt all eyes will be firmly trained upon Ghibli to see how it proceeds over the coming years.  This also isn't the first time that Miyazaki has announced his retirement, so it also remains to be seen as to whether it will be a permanent move on this occasion.
http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Hayao_Miyazaki_announces_retirement_from_feature_film_direction.html

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2013, 09:10:35 PM »
Trailer for "The Tale of Princess Kaguya" , the first film by Ghibli co-founder Isao Takahata in 14 years

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-23/ghibli-new-tale-of-princess-kaguya-trailer-aired
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:29:24 PM by oaxiac »

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Namida Wo Misenaide ~BOYS DON`T CRY~