JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suga Shikao - Gogo no Parade

Author Topic: The Doctor is in! New Doctor Who  (Read 81409 times)

Jabronisaur

The Doctor is in! New Doctor Who
« on: March 13, 2006, 03:05:14 AM »
Good new for Sexybeam and myself! Sci-fi channel picks up the new Dr. Who series. Airs this friday 17th .

http://www.scifi.com/doctorwho/

probly should make this an official whovian thread. Post your Dr. Who stuff here.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:09:39 AM by Masa »

Offline Dronak

• ecchi
  • Member+
TThe Doctor is in! New Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 03:33:01 AM »
My parents just told me about this.  I may have to look around for some more information about the new series.  So this is the 9th Doctor, huh?  It's been a while since I've seen any Doctor Who shows, but I remember there was a movie after the TV series.  Is this Doctor following from the movie one, or from the last TV one?  I think the movie Doctor was the 8th, but I forget.  It seems kind of a shame to "waste" one incarnation on only one movie though.  Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the new episodes.  It should be interesting (if only it didn't conflict with WWE Smackdown).

Jabronisaur

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 03:57:42 AM »
Quote from: Dronak
My parents just told me about this.  I may have to look around for some more information about the new series.  So this is the 9th Doctor, huh?  It's been a while since I've seen any Doctor Who shows, but I remember there was a movie after the TV series.  Is this Doctor following from the movie one, or from the last TV one?  I think the movie Doctor was the 8th, but I forget.  It seems kind of a shame to "waste" one incarnation on only one movie though.  Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the new episodes.  It should be interesting (if only it didn't conflict with WWE Smackdown).

I'm not sure, but I dont think its gonna follow that movie. They'd have to add that asian kid if they did. But, i'm looking forward to this. And I feel your Smackdown delima! Thank goodness for video tape.
BTW nice to see you here. I hadn't known you fallen to the dark side...lol Welcome, mate!

Offline Dronak

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 05:18:11 AM »
I don't really remember the movie that well.  I suppose they could figure out a way to to make this series follow the movie.  I don't know if they really intended for the movie to be part of the standard continuity though.  The premiere episode is often twice as long as the normal show though, so it's possible that the regular air time will be 10pm, after Smackdown finishes.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.  If it does continue to overlap, I'll tape it.

I don't know about this being "the dark side", but it seemed worth checking out.  Since some sections are restricted though, I think I'll need to get access to them before I can decide what I think about the board as a whole.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 05:32:36 AM »
Maybe not the "dark side", but compared to the OTHER Japanese Music forum (who shall remain nameless), we're definitely more relaxed/easygoing. For example, here you can SWEAR!!  :yay:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Jabronisaur

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 06:06:07 AM »
I just checked out the first two eps. The first ep was pretty lame plot wise, even by DW standards, but the chracter development was really nice. I really like this version of the Doctor; very funny, but can be very serious too. And like the other Dr.s, he aint no pretty boy. The acter fits in to this role quite well. As for his assistant, Rose: OMG what a hottie. I'm so in love. Billi Piper, is cute, funny, smart and stacked! There's a good chemistry here I hope it continues throught the series.
The second ep was much better. The plot was so typical DW, I almost feel it was ripped from an earlier show. Its very traditional.
I like this series and I hope it continues for a while. If your a fan of the old series I think you'll enjoy this version, just struggle through the first episode (which is easy if you focus on Rose  :roll: )
New Episiodes next Fri...can't wait!!  :w00t:

Offline Dronak

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 11:12:34 PM »
Yeah, I caught the episodes late last night when they replayed them.  The first episode was a little hard to get through, but as a newspaper article my parents sent me said, that's almost unavoidable when they're trying to introduce so many new characters.  The second one was better though, because it seemed to be a more typical story show.  I'm curious to see how things are going to play out, especially given this Doctor's circumstances.  I don't want to spoil things for others who may not have seen it, but if you did see the show, hopefully you can guess what I'm talking about here.

Offline Chatin

• Miki's Idol
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 10:05:44 PM »
I've been watching the second season of the new Doctor Who on a regular basis  (every Saturday after it's aired in Britain), and enjoying it immensely.  I was surprised that there was no active Doctor Who thread here.

I know Sexy Beam has to be up to date with the second season episodes, but for Jab, Dronak, and whoever else, have you caught up with Season One on Sci-Fi yet?

Offline Chatin

• Miki's Idol
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 12:51:07 AM »
Episode Six (20 May 2006) - The Age of Steel:
The Cybermen take control of London and start converting the population.  The Doctor and Rose become fugitives.

- BBC episode page
- Torrent (350mb / mininova)

I'm gone to watch it now, but hopefully Dan can give us some impressions.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 08:46:33 AM »
^ and three or 4 postings in the new groups (plus the 'confidential' ep)

Offline Chatin

• Miki's Idol
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 01:02:50 AM »
Episode seven (27th May 2006) - The Idiot's Lantern:
1953, the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II – but there are rumours of monsters on the streets of London.
- BBC episode page
- TARDISODE
- Torrent (348mb / mininova)
- Torrent (349mb / mininova)
- Torrent (349mb / mininova)

-----------------------------

A nice self-contained episode to follow an alright-to-mediocre two-parter.  There were same lame bits, and I'm still missing good Rose-Doctor quips, but it was a fun watch nonetheless.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 11:03:22 PM »
*bump*

This one was buried 5 pages deep.

Dr. Who's 2 hour season finale on Friday, and it looks like changes gonna happen.
Daleks and Cybermen in this one, also.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 11:19:08 PM »
I like to have my own Dalek in my house (in Dalek voice)"Exterminate!" I wouldn't mind for a Cyberman as well.

I like the Ninth and Tenth Doctors so far. Just wish they kept Billie Piper, it would be cool. Here's a site I go to frequently for Doctor Who, if nobody has put it here yet.

http://www.gallifreyone.com

We should make a poll question here: Who's your favorite Doctor, young or old?

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 11:27:08 PM »
I first watched Dr. Who way back in the day, when I used to live in the UK.
Liked it then, and I like the new series as well.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 11:29:35 PM »
I've seen some of the shows as well. Even one from the Fourth Doctor

Offline karcharrat

• The H!P Staff Kar
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 09:50:12 PM »
Like the Brigadier said, "Splendid chaps, all of him!"

In reality though, even though I like them all to some extent, Hartnell pwns the others all to hell. :D

Offline Setalia

• The Pun Idol
  • Member+
  • Formerly: Charmy, Risuzu
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 03:21:34 PM »
Quote from: karcharrat;264328
Like the Brigadier said, "Splendid chaps, all of him!"

In reality though, even though I like them all to some extent, Hartnell pwns the others all to hell. :D

Yay! Another Hartnell fan!

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 07:42:50 PM »
I wonder when the new season will start airing on the SciFi channel?
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline karcharrat

• The H!P Staff Kar
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 02:26:17 AM »
I'm thinking probably July or September.  I have no particular insight, just a wild guess, really.

To tide us over though, here's a clip I found of the new series in Japanese... :D

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 04:19:40 AM »
Went to the SciFi channel site and found out that it'll be in June when the 3rd season of Dr, Who will start up.

Damn, still got plenty of time to wait before the new season starts.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suga Shikao - Gogo no Parade