JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Kumonoito

Author Topic: Borderlands 2  (Read 12935 times)

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
Re: Borderlands 2
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 02:11:34 AM »
Man, I'm anxious as hell for tomorrow.  Gonna download it late tomorrow since I have class just about all day.  I'm definitely gonna play it with my Siren.  However, I'm kinda having doubts about finishing the game with my Mechromancer since I can't find a balance between using my weapons and using DT.  Hell, using DT makes the game seem slower.  I had a lot more fun Phaselocking a group of enemies every 30 seconds.

As for class mods, the Terramorphous class mods aren't too bad as long as you're satisfied with just a lot of extra health and burn damage.  Otherwise, the Legendary class mods are better since they provide slightly better skill bonuses.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 03:35:42 PM »

BADASSITUDE! SEEMS LIKE IT'S ALREADY OUT ON THE XBOX. HOPE TO SEE IT ON THE PC SOON.

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:27 PM »
OHMYFUCKINGGOD!  I WANNA EXPERIENCE THE EXPLOSIONS NOW!!!!  I WANT SOME FUCKING TORGUE WEAPONS RIGHT NOW!!!  I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2012, 06:50:33 AM »
asldkgjhasdkjh Just started playing this tonight w/ my bro. Good shit, man. I loved the first game!

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »
asldkgjhasdkjh Just started playing this tonight w/ my bro. Good shit, man. I loved the first game!

If your copy came with the Season Pass, the DLC is pretty good (despite what others out there say), especially the newest one.  The Mechromancer isn't too bad of a class.  Just don't abuse her action skill since it can make the game feel like a drag (in terms of soloing at least).

Offline MrQRS

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 10:44:02 AM »
walmart had this on sale for 20 bucks pick up 2 played 4 ppl system link its pretty fun
Advent to the top

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
I'm really tempted to get this after my friend was telling me how downright awesome it is, but I'm pretty sure my laptop can't handle it. I'd usually start lagging after 20-30 mins in the first Borderlands game and that was on the lowest quality graphics :/ Really want it though.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »
I've been using turret guy for my whole game. around lvl42 now. perfect for lazy guys like me. :sweatdrop:
Played the Scarlet DLC, and a little of Torgue.
Found the bar in Torque was pretty fun (place where they held your new sponsor). I kept playing the mission's wave 3 of lvl52 badass clearing. Totally normal to not finish it in time with my character, failing, and play again. Totally sounds like a place to quickly level up characters, get lvl50 weapons and Torque coins online.

Got bored after a few rounds though. So I'm starting the story all over with the mechro-girl.
Every time she melee attacks it sounds like she's having a baby or something though...jeez~~ :banghead:

Offline vampireape

• ecchi
  • Do you really care?
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
I play this with my friend and although Borderlands 2 is better than the first one, it bores us rather quick, but somehow we keep playing it everytime we get bored :lol:

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 10:00:55 AM »
Got Borderlands 2 on PS3 and have been playing with my cousin, though it's hard to find a time when we're both free. It's damn awesome, but I don't think I'd be motivated to play it through to the end going solo. We're intending to skype through our laptops whilst playing, because banter is such a big part of the experience. Banter and strategising, i.e. yelling "RUN AWAAAYYYYY" :sweatdrop: We could get PS3 headsets, but not bothered paying $40 for it.

I haven't played much since the game arrived last week, so am only level 12, but I'm the assassin. It seems fitting that I'm mostly a sniper, because I'm such a huge coward. When I'm being swarmed or see a strong enemy, I leg it and only once I've gotten into a suitable position or have been cornered will I go back on the offensive. I'm also really terrible at getting headshots on sitting ducks, though once I'm in the heat of battle, my accuracy goes up to the point that I can usually ignore enemies' shields.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 05:21:24 AM »
Shit just got real.

Borderlands 2 Level Increase and Other Changes

Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!

As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap -- an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game -- along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!

Here's what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)

Adds new items to the Black Market:
            One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
            Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
            Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
        Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
        Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
        Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
    (Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)

Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
        Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
        Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1022/borderlands-2-level-increase-and-other-changes

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 07:13:40 AM »
We back, bitches!

:drool:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 05:08:15 PM »