JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Mar 10 2011

Author Topic: Duke Nukem Forever  (Read 12444 times)

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
Duke Nukem Forever
« on: December 21, 2007, 05:30:29 PM »

Coming soon.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 07:49:42 AM by Foxy Brown »

Offline Shirow

• Misanthropist deviant
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Duke Nukem Forever
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 05:37:47 PM »
Well its about damn time,  whats it been  ... 10 years in the making?

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 05:45:26 PM »
10 years, and amazingly this trailer has less actual gameplay than the previous one.

It's hard to imagine this being good after so long as vapourware.

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 05:49:03 PM »
Ohwow, it's still being developed. Only a matter of years now I guess.
But I'm looking forward to it.
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 02:06:52 PM »
I hope the "Forever" in the title isn't just how long it takes to make it, but also how long the actual game will be.

Wonder if they still use the original Q2 engine?
[/url]

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 02:22:49 PM »
This game could be better called: duke nukem whenever.
Just because they keep delaying it. It's been years already they where developing this game

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 03:28:09 PM »

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 05:01:50 PM »
I hope the "Forever" in the title isn't just how long it takes to make it, but also how long the actual game will be.

Wonder if they still use the original Q2 engine?

In the original preview it used sprite based graphics. Hopefully they've at least moved on to polygons. :P

Offline Shirow

• Misanthropist deviant
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »
Considering the amount of time this has been in development its probably gone through 3 shifts of engines,   Im expecting it to look something like 'prey' on the 360.
No doubt it will conatin the havok engine also,    this game is probably gonna suck though. :(

Offline gantz

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 03:18:57 AM »
Considering the amount of time this has been in development its probably gone through 3 shifts of engines,   Im expecting it to look something like 'prey' on the 360.
No doubt it will conatin the havok engine also,    this game is probably gonna suck though. :(

it's true but l like prey... hehe anyway it tooks forever to develop this game

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 05:57:20 AM »
When this game entered development Bill Clinton was still President, no one had ever heard of Al Qaeda, 56K was the fastest internet already unless you really shelled out for IDSN, no one had ever uttered the phrase MMORPG, people didn't wince when you used the phrase 'hanging chad', Savage Garden and Boyz II Men were burning up the charts along with the Spice Girls...

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 06:26:14 AM »
i still wouldn't hold my breath for it though
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 11:30:49 PM »
I hope there's more idea than just doing the same as 10 years ago, but with better graphics. There's so much competition in the field now.

coot is ctz

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 12:56:37 AM »
Yay

Duke Nukem Never finally has an update.
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 04:17:41 AM »
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 07:51:52 AM by Foxy Brown »

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 01:02:12 PM »
I hope that video is from an earlier version of the game. Looks like a crappy and boring generic FPS from late 90's.

coot is ctz

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 04:16:18 PM »
My thoughts when he said "Damn, I make this look good.": No one could make that look good.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 03:03:50 AM »
The voice acting is enough to not make me not want this game :lol:

I might dl it if it's ever released though

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »
Duke Nukem Developer 3D Realms Shuts Down

Update 3: 3D Realms webmaster Joe Siegler has commented on the shut down, stating: "It's not a marketing thing. It's true. I have nothing further to say at this time." Siegler's post also reflects the unexpected nature of the situation, as he was unaware of the impending shut down during an interview conducted yesterday afternoon.

Update 2: Duke Nukem Forever publisher Take-Two has confirmed to Shacknews that it was not funding ongoing development of the 3D Realms project. "We can confirm that our relationship with 3D Realms for Duke Nukem Forever was a publishing arrangement, which did not include ongoing funds for development of the title," said Take-Two VP of communications Alan Lewis in a prepared statement. "In addition, Take-Two continues to retain the publishing rights to Duke Nukem Forever," he added.

Update: Apogee Software and Deep Silver have issued a statement to Shacknews, confirming that the situation at 3D Realms has not affected the development of Frontline Games' upcoming handheld Duke Nukem Trilogy. "Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms," a representative for the companies told us. "Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned."

Original story: A very reliable source close to Duke Nukem Forever developer 3D Realms today confirmed to Shacknews that the development studio has shut down. The closure came about as a result of funding issues, our source explained, with the shut down said to affect both 3D Realms and the recently resurrected Apogee. Employees of both entities have already been let go.

Phone calls and e-mails to various 3D Realms veterans have thus far gone unanswered, with 3D Realms publishing partner Take-Two and Apogee partner Deep Silver likewise unavailable for comment. One 3D Realms spokesperson declined to comment when reached. 3D Realms was founded in 1987 by Scott Miller and George Broussard, and was best known for its Duke Nukem series of shooters starring the titular, bubblegum-lacking hero. The studio had infamously been working on Duke Nukem Forever, the next flagship franchise entry, for over 12 years.

A final push to release Duke Nukem Forever began in 2007, marked by a short teaser starring the in-game hero that was released late that year. As recent as January 2009, company steward George Broussard wrote on his Twitter feed that he was visiting Take-Two to show off the title.
http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1127

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Mar 10 2011