JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lost In Time - Yatto Ieta Kotoba

Author Topic: (Group) AOA - Ace of Angels  (Read 88294 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
(Group) AOA - Ace of Angels
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:50:23 PM »

There are angels among us, it seems. Ace of Angels (or AoA for short) is an upcoming 7+1 member girl group, or, more accurately, a group consisting of seven angels and one half-angel. Yep! That's right. Their website has a whole storyline of angelic happenings on fluffy clouds. AoA is the first girl group from FNC Entertainment, home to such artists as CN Blue, F.T. Island and the adorable Juniel. Their groups have been pretty unique and band/instrument-related, so one has to get a little intrigued about what AoA will actually sound like.

Profiles:

Note: Half-assed sources for much of the info, is what it is. What's REALLY confirmed is that they have fluffy wings.

Name: Seolhyun
Angel name: Seolhyunari
Birthdate: 1995

Name: Choa
Angel name: Choaya (박초아)
Position: Guitar, Vocals

Name: Hyejeong (이완정)
Angel name: Hyejeong.linus (이완정.라이너스)
Birthdate: August 10, 1993
Height: 170cm

Name: Chanmi (찬미)
Angel name: Chanmi T.T (찬미T.T)
Birthdate: September 19, 1996
Height: 165cm

Name: Yuna
Angel name: Yunaria
Birthdate: December 30, 1992
Position: Keyboards
Height: 163cm

Name: Mina
Angel name: Minaring
Birthdate: September 21, 1993
Position: Bass guitar
Height: 160cm

Name: Jimin
Angel name: Jiminel
Birthdate: January 8, 1991
Position: Guitar
Height: 160cm

Name: Youkyoung
Angel name: Y
Birthdate: March 15, 1993
Position: Drums
Height: 167 cm

Y's the half-angel, whatever the hell that means. That her hair is short, most probably.

Videos:

Arrival of the angels! This raw field footage proves their divine origin.

--

Yeah, this concept sure is wacky. Reason I have my hopes up among this torrent of new k-pop groups is simply the previous artists of this company. Will the angels have a band? Will they actually be playing some instruments, like WATER GLASSES or the almighty RUTE?! Maybe we'll get some K-GOSPEL! Hallyulujah, bitches!

Well, guess we'll find out soon... :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:55:03 PM by Stryfe »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Ace of Angels - AoA
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 06:02:49 PM »
Priceless concept, priceless presentation for it here :lol:

I'm kinda interested because I like CN Blue, but yeah. Will have to wait and see!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline SpyderMunky

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:47:42 PM »
Looking forward to hearing more about this group!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »
unique concept!! I only think of Victoria's Secret when I see the teaser pix XD wondered if they would perform with the angel wings but....guess not!!

The 2nd teaser video of AOA is opened PM 2:00. 26. 07. 2012.
Just check the ‘ELVIS’ right now!
via their FB

WOW!! DANCE! Instruments, vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery nice FEMALE CN BLUE?!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »

YEAH BABY! It's a band! Should be interesting to see how they'll perform with the whole posse... :guitar: :cow: :guitar:

Haha, even their names change into normal human names! Wicked. This must be the first time I've had to add ANGEL NAMES into member profiles.

WOW!! DANCE! Instruments, vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery nice FEMALE CN BLUE?!
Werd. Yonghwa from CN Blue actually wrote one of their songs on their debut release, and the other songs have people responsible for CN Blue material behind them as well...

"Angel's Story" Tracklist:

Elvis (Composed by: Kim Dohun & Lee Sangho, Lyrics by: Han Sungho)
Love is Only You (C: Jung Yonghwa, L: Han Sungho & Jung Yonghwa)
Temptation (C: Kim Jaeyang, L: Han Sungho)

--

Youkyoung in her previous band, I suppose. Looks like her, at least...

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »
Hyejeong actually had a small part in a drama series called "A Gentleman's Dignity".

She appears for a few minutes in the start of the ep, can watch it here for example.

--

She's the victim of a common pick-up line right in the beginning, but it sure cracked me up good... for obvious reasons:

Hey, maybe they got the idea from this... XD

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 04:04:36 AM »
Woot~ I'm quite happy to finally see a girl BAND debut in kpop! Dunno if there were previous ones, but it's a first for me XD.

I'm confused though, coz the angel concept and the "mystical" instruments are nowhere to be seen in that preview. The title and style of Elvis is completely throwing me off. They're playing electric guitars and drums. I wanted the rutes and harps and water glasses! XDDD

And does anyone know what's with the "half angel"? I thought it was hilarious that they literally showed only half of her in that pic up there. But then for everything else she's whole, so what's "half" about her?

I'm quite curious to see what's coming with this group, still hoping for something really novel~

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 05:13:24 AM »
I imagine it's the concept of angels arriving on earth, trying out silly human stuff like OUR weird instruments! As the story goes in the book of angelic lore, the angels loved the music of mortals, Y the Key Keeper got curious and let everyone outta the angel gates and down to earth. Then obviously, by random chance, they found a rack of Elvis jackets and musical instruments. Since angels can do whatever the hell heaven they want, one impromptu improv song on the subject ain't no thang!

I thought it was hilarious that they literally showed only half of her in that pic up there.
I actually photoshopped her into that pic myself, haha. There weren't any pics with all of them at the time. :P

I made a musician joke earlier that if the drummer is a half-angel, why's the bass player a full angel? Looking at the teaser, Youkyoung's role might just be strictly a drummer, and maybe even some sort of comedic relief with her "mere" half-angel powers. If this group is supposed to be some sort of an idol/band hybrid with band AND dance numbers... maybe she's just not included in any of those strutting-stuff-on-stage happenings, as the teaser suggests. But yeah, it's still a bit unclear how it's actually going to work with all of them performing.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 05:29:08 AM »
I actually photoshopped her into that pic myself, haha. There weren't any pics with all of them at the time. :P

LOL!! Totally thought it was an official pic XD 

I hadn't even noticed she's the drummer... It's true that in a band you can usually only see the top half of the drummer, so... XDDD

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) AOA - Ace of Angels
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 07:53:50 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a leak. :shocked:

Elvis & Temptation sound pretty sweet... Love is Only You bores me to death, but ballads usually do. Some really nice vocals in there though, from Choa, I imagine... First impressions, pretty nice debut all in all. MV now, please. :3

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 11:23:24 PM »
I really like how Elvis sounds and if they are gonna play instrument or not, I'm confused since the MV teaser shows them playing and dancing so I don't know; Love is Only You sounds nice, typical ballad, they'll probably perform it a couple times during their debut stages and radio broadcasts, hopefully; Temptation sounds nice too but the rap parts sound kind weird to me but that's about it.

So far, I'm liking them.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 02:52:47 PM »

Some pics from Naver Music:

Le strut.

Le band.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 04:30:57 PM »

Woot. Seolhyun showing off her angelic charms in FT Island's MV earlier this year.

Almost the 30th, let's see if anything gets released on midnight...

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 05:01:29 PM »

...and there it is!

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »
Anyone knows why "Y" isn't in most of the group pics or group dance parts of the MV? That sorta explains the "half angel" thing, as Stryfe pondered previously, but I want to know why are they doing it like that? What's the idea? I wonder too if she's okay with that, coz if her participation is as limited as it seems so far, feels sorta sad and unfair, unless she wants it like that.   

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 11:28:43 PM »
The song is very catchy >o<

Probably won't bother learning their names and things yet, tho, so much effort ahha haa
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 11:48:02 PM »
Could it be that "Y" isn't in the dance shots because she's an actual musician in the group and isn't good at dancing? During the band shots, she actually looks like she knows how to play the drums, while the other girls don't seem to be playing actual chords or anything.

It is a catchy song, though I'm giggling at the entire concept behind the group.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 02:05:45 AM »
I really like the breakdown of the song but the rapping is kind of annoying to me and I'm really confused about the whole 'Angel names'; just what am I suppose to refer them to as? lol

Also are they gonna perform with the instruments or not...?

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 10:50:57 PM »

Oh they're playing their instruments alright. :P Some footage from their showcase via SSTV, tho the audio isn't the greatest. They perform the regular version of Elvis with the 7 full angels, then a live band version with 4+1, then it's time for the full angels again where they cute it up a notch for "Love Is Only You". This doesn't really answer the question how they're going to perform on music shows, but at least there's a bunch of options...

Some Q&A! Mysteries unravelled! Nice mics haha.

And here some more footage and comments from other FNC artists who attended the showcase.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 11:24:47 PM »
Oh cool, they really do play as a band!

Music Bank still doesn't have the right equipment for live band performances( as far as I know considering CNBlue) so I guess they'll they the 7 member performance and maybe have the live for either MNet countdown or Inkigayo.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lost In Time - Yatto Ieta Kotoba