JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ala - Music and Coffee

Author Topic: Most shocking/memorable Hello! Project news from 2012  (Read 3267 times)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Most shocking/memorable Hello! Project news from 2012
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:49:17 AM »
There's been some interesting stuff going on in the H!P world this past year...even former members have been making some noise.

Let's vote and discuss what newsworthy item has stood out for you in 2012!
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
Re: Most shocking/memorable Hello! Project news from 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:33:43 AM »
i chose risa grad, aika grad mano grad 11th gen announcement and hpt being replaced by satoyama

for risa's grad i know it was bound to happen eventually, it just sucked that i never even got to see her live ;3; while for aika's it was like i knew it was happening soon due to her injury but not at the same time of risa's grad and so quickly. it all just felt rushed for her but im glad she's still doing things ;3;

manos grad also shocked me, eventhough some ppl felt due to her recent songs that something was up(?) idk its just sad that another h!p girl the same age as me is leaving and how will we get mano bum pics after she graduates? ;3;

11th gen announcent was pretty quick expessially since 10th gen was just getting used to being in concerts ^^; riho's reaction was still the best tho lol

and hello!pro time being replaced...i still dont like that desision...i was a fan of the behind the scene feel they had and the mini "private" dates and such with diffrent members we never really got to see like mano and riho. the only thing positive bout satoyama is that we got some sub units out of it lol

please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 05:56:08 AM »
announcement of reina band was cool and something i'm looking forward to  :thumbup

of course i didn't know that it meant she would be leaving h!p  :sweatdrop: (i kinda hoped the band would somehow be a part of h!p in some way)

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »
My votes are for...

Gaki's grad announcement - I was completely convinced that she was gonna run H!P for the long term due to her promoted fangirl status, but as it turned out her bond with Aichan was too strong. Still, gotta give her respect for passing on a double graduation for the sake of helping the group transition into the current era.

Manoeri's grad announcement - Another one I should've seen coming but didn't...possibly due to my own wishful thinking perhaps? Her presence has always meant something personal for me, as seeing her in person, as quick and unprepared as that was, may have very well been the true start of me becoming a Hello Project fan rather than simply dwelling on their history.

11th generation audition results - H!P management pulling a fast one on us here! Rather than build up tension and intrigue like they've always done with audition finals, they did things in reverse this time by announcing the winner right away before showing us anything substantial! XD I still haven't watched any videos of the process yet because of this, but I suppose I'll get to them eventually. Congrats Sakura!

Kaori's second pregnancy - So many former members getting knocked up lately, but this one is definitely the most heartwarming of all. It takes a lot of courage and strength for her to make this happen after what she's been through the first time around. Hell, I'm getting choked up just from typing this!

Momusu's 50th single sales success - Kinda hard to pick a 5th one to vote for, but I decided on this one. I'm actually not that surprised by the sales numbers considering the song's quality and insane amount of promotion, but I just had to pick this for being a very useful middle finger to all those who still to this day insist that Morning Musume and Hello Project are "dead". Suck on that. :shakeit:

Maki's appearance at Budokan was definitely noteworthy, but with the selection of Budokan as a venue and the prior announcement of Ishiguro showing up you just knew something else had to go down. Nono's third pregnancy was a bit of a shock too, but I guess she really is the big family/motherly type. Hello Pro Time's cancellation was definitely a WTF decision, since I thought it was the perfect show for H!P to have for today's era. Aika's graduation was sadly not a surprise. And yes, the 11th gen announcement was memorable just by Riho's reaction alone. :lol:

What kind of crazy shenanigans will we see in 2013?
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 05:26:43 PM »
Mano grad was the most shocking. Because I didn't and still don't want it to happen.
With her beauty and talent. She's just a perfect idol that excels in all areas and anyone can easily like. Right now it's hard to find anyone who even comes close.

Reina's grad wasn't shocking at all. But it sure stands out for me. Thank you for your hard work through the years Reina. :)

And added Maki's appearance for the surprise factor. Kinda doing a full circle.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 06:34:37 PM »
I voted before going to work so admittedly, I didn't have much time to dwell on the options... :D

Aika's graduation - Considering her continuing physical troubles it wasn't that "omg wtf" surprising, but it was still a disappointment. I'd expected her to have time to grow into a new old school member who would be appreciated for her dedication, even if not for her other merits. I feel that her story in MM got cut short, unfairly and for reasons that weren't her fault. It sucks.

Manoeri's graduation - I'll admit I didn't see it coming. I can understand it, but I wasn't expecting it. And I was saddened by it.

MM sales of 50th single - Even with the enthusiastic promotions, I didn't expect it to do THAT well.

Nakazawa's pregnancy - I was never even sure she was interested in having children, I guess I thought of her as a Shirley Manson type that likes kids but doesn't have that motherly calling. So hearing she was pregnant was surprising in that sense. xD (Also, she looks like an awesome mommy.)

Maki Goto appears - The funny thing is, when this happened I probably didn't think much of it. But looking back at it now, it was quite huge.

Kaori's news was definitely the most heart-warming, but I think I always thought she would eventually try again. I truly wish her and her future baby health and happiness. :heart:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Sammi33

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »
I picked:
 Aika's graduation - I feel like she never really got her time to grow in MM because of her injuries keeping her out of action so often, and even her graduation was very sudden and tacked-on to Risa's.

11th generation announcement - I love the way Tsunku trolled everyone on this, me included. (Look at the screen! ...*touches Sakura's shoulder* :twisted:)

Yuko's pregnancy - Wow!

Tsuji's 3rd pregnancy - Wow!!

Goto Maki with DMM - I was surprised that she was allowed to do this, after pretty much quitting H!P and going with their rival, in the midst of a huge scandal involving her brother. I guess Tsunku doesn't hold grudges.  :D

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ala - Music and Coffee