JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not

Author Topic: (Artist) Sakakibara Yui  (Read 4717 times)

Offline rurika9

(Artist) Sakakibara Yui
« on: June 15, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »
榊原ゆい

Name: Sakakibara Yui (榊原ゆい)
Nickname: Yuinyan (ゆいにゃん)
Old Stage Names: 津田沼 真利(つだぬま まり)、まりあ、雛野 真代(ひなの まよ)、雛野 まよ(読みは同左)、Hinano(ひなの)among others.
Birthplace: Japan - Hyogo
Blood type: Type O
Birth date: October 13
Affiliation: LOVE×TRAX Office

She claims to be eternally 19 (永遠のナインティーン) :lol:

Found at generasia.com (I found some interesting information I didn't know)

Height: 162cm
Bust: 86cm
Waist: 59cm
Hips: 82cm
Hobbies: Karaoke, drawing
Abilities: Dancing, changing her voice, waking up early, tsukkomi
Favorite food: Chocolate (bitter), Pucchin pudding, tea, Beard Papa cream puffs, tomato cream spaghetti, Morozoff cheesecake
Least favorite foods: Spicy foods, Japanese sweets, yuba, raw oysters, pineapple hamburger, processed fruit

Although she mainly works as a singer and voice actress, Sakakibara has also written lyrics and been a choreographer. She had mostly done work for adult video games before crossing over into television. Interestingly enough, Sakakibara can't read musical scores and can only sing by hearing the melody.

Official Home Page
http://www.sakakibarayui.com/

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:52:59 AM by rurika9 »

Offline Y70

• Member+
Re: (Artist) Sakakibara Yui
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 02:37:55 PM »
Photos from Yui's concert a few weeks ago in Akasaka BLITZ.

Offline Y70

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »
Yui is someone who used to have a thread at the old jpopmusic forum and now doesn't seem to have one at any place I'm familiar with.  So I was rather pleased to see one pop up here. 

I may break the habit of a lifetime and start a thread myself soon.  I'm getting a little frustrated with yuku.com.  It's difficult to use - and I'm increasingly unable to see the logic behind some of what is happening there.  Thank goodness for jph!p.

Yui has done a lot of good stuff over the years.  She's not my all time favourite anison artist but she's a real character and I've developed quite a soft spot for her.  She seems fantastically self-sufficient.  So, yes, I really thought someone should follow up on your initative.

I may try and dig out my copy of the "Nyanderful" PV because it's quite brilliant.  In the mean time here's another old song I like, "Far Away".

http://www.multiupload.com/I6MCLEKR6U

Offline Y70

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »
Yui and a bunch of the other usual suspects lined up for the "Super Game Song 2012" event in Yokohama on May26th.  Looks like someone is trying to set up an Animelo style event with a specific game music focus.

http://supage.jp/artist.html

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not