JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Faith

Author Topic: The Heavy Metal Thread!!! \,,/  (Read 83285 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: The Heavy Metal Thread!!! \,,/
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »

:lol:

Fans can go to this location to download a rare and previously unreleased MASTODON song from the "Crack The Skye" sessions, titled "Deathbound", as part of the ten-week 2011 "Adult Swim Singles Program."

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2011, 08:28:58 AM »
Decapitated's new album "Carnival is Forever" is AMAZING.  It's the best metal album so far, IMO.  The tone is crazy good, the playing is super tight and it has some real cool atmospheric solos going on.  I was a bit worried how they'd continue without Vitek, but they really came out swinging with this.

Official album preview:

Full song from the album:
http://soundcloud.com/nuclearblastrecords/decapitated-homo-sum
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline mas_sastro

« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2011, 03:43:27 PM »
just want to share local scene from my country ....

betrayer

siksakubur

burgerkill

Offline hanamuke

• ecchi
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »
Oh, hello, metal thread.  I didn't see you there.

I'll just leave these where you can see them.

Brutality · 1993 | Screams of Anguish · These Walls Shall Be Your Grave

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2011, 01:11:23 AM »
I'm in a bit of rut when it comes to music at the minute. I want to get into new bands and so I watched the music channels for inspiration. I knew I wasn't going to find anything and sadly I was right. Only thing that came remotely close to what I like was 'Perfect Weapon' by Black Veiled Brides. But It was just derivative and did absolutely nothing for me. And their whole image that I see their fans go crazy for and say is original has already been done years before and done much better IMO by other Japanese visual kei bands. But then it appears the majority are pre-tween boppers who don't know better. In fact, in the video for Perfect Weapon they perform in front of a crowd and all of them are just pre-tweens. I lol'd.

So anyway, I've been looking and asking a friend of mine and I thought I'd share a few videos of songs/bands I really liked at a first listen and will look more into:

The Sword - Definately an old-school sound, like Thin Lizzy with a little added Black Sabbath. Really digging it.

Threat Signal - Savage guitar! Was headbanging my way through this and a nice melodic breakdown too.

Machinemade God - Now this? This is the kind of music I want to hear more of at the minute.

Heathen - 5:45 of riffgasms. Lead singer sounds like Bruce Dickinson :lol:

And finally:

The Agonist - Ok I'm quite shallow with this, cause I like this video for no other reason other than Alissa's hot! Looks like an angel, sings like an angel, but also screams like a devil. XD I really wanted to like this band so much, but I'm not really feeling the music. This song and their others just sounds like it has no structure and is all over the place. But that's me, if you're into the whole monster growl throughout then this might be alright for you, not so much for me. But hey, at least Alissa looks good!

So after searching and trying to find my place, I think I'm more of a fan with melodic/thrash metal than anything, so still on the lookout. Oh and metal bands with hot female leads if my last vid is anything to go by. Now if I can find a melodic metal band with a hot female lead, I'll be laughing! :lol:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:23:23 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2011, 06:43:00 AM »
New Fleshgod Apocalypse:

Bassist's clean vocals should have had a bit more attention (or at least some more pitch correction), but it's a pretty awesome song.

Offline hanamuke

• ecchi
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2011, 07:14:16 AM »
My disillusionment with Willowtip notwithstanding, Oracles did get more than a few plays out of me.

Tuffty, you might like these ladies half as much as I do.

On the 'melodic' front, try these.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2011, 10:44:37 PM »
The Agonist - Ok I'm quite shallow with this, cause I like this video for no other reason other than Alissa's hot! Looks like an angel, sings like an angel, but also screams like a devil. XD I really wanted to like this band so much, but I'm not really feeling the music. This song and their others just sounds like it has no structure and is all over the place. But that's me, if you're into the whole monster growl throughout then this might be alright for you, not so much for me. But hey, at least Alissa looks good!

I haven't been listening to a lot of metal lately (excluding Versailles), but I. f'ing. love. this. band.  :twothumbs
Arch Enemy's sound is great, but I've heard enough of it. It's more of the same. Epica has had some member changes and I'm sorta bored with their stuff as well. The Agonist combines the best of these two favorite bands of mine, but with a new fresh sauce. Maybe I like the sound because I'm not familiar with any bands in their genre  :lol: Either way, I've been playing their album a lot lately.  :skull: <-- added to make post more metal.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 11:08:36 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2011, 08:18:52 PM »
I'm really into Killswitch Engage lately. They've just about the right mix of screaming and clean vocals with some nice riffage to hold my interest. More specifically, their album Alive Or Just Breathing when Jesse was still the front man, is fucking incredible. I'm not one of these people who gets into a fight over whether or not Jesse or Howard is better. Personally, I knew about the band when I heard songs like My Curse, The End of Heartache or Rose of Sharyn, all awesome songs, so I always see the band with Howard in mind. I think both are great, but there's definately a lot of strength in Jesse's work as well. I just really like the fact that as heavy as the vocals and the music can be, the lyrics are actually rather positive and uplifting. People say that they're a Christian band because of it and well frankly, those people are idiots. A few of my favourites off the album:

Also yesterday, I saw a tween wearing a Black Veil Bride t-shirt. Wanted to go over and smack some sense into him. It only strengthens my theory that all Black Veil Bride fans are tweens.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2011, 12:03:08 PM »
New Aborted sounds like it could be pretty cool.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2011, 07:15:01 PM »
I mentioned how much I was liking Killswitch Engage to a friend of mine and he told me that Jesse and Adam D actually had another side project on and released an album last year. Called Times Of Grace, it sounds very much like early KSE work, but...not. The screams are still there, that distinctive KSE metalcore sound is there, as is the reflective and uplifting lyrics, but on the whole it's a lot more melodic and the emphasis is more on the clean vocals than the screaming IMO. I love it. In particular, Willing is an amazing song.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »
Oh hey, that's pretty awesome. I had no idea Jesse was still around.

Alive or Just Breathing is easily my fave KsE album. After Jesse left, Howard Jones was the perfect replacement in the vocal duties, but the songs just haven't been as consistently good as on "Alive".

Gotta check this album out, samples sound pretty sweet.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2011, 03:55:37 PM »

New Opeth is coming on September 16th. Bit of a departure, as the wiki states:

Heritage will signal a departure for Opeth from the musical style of their past albums. Originally, the first two songs Mikael Åkerfeldt wrote for the album were in the style of Watershed, but he scrapped them soon after. After writing "The Lines in My Hands" and speaking with Martin Mendez, Åkerfeldt decided to write the rest of the album in that style.

Heritage will feature no death growls, which have been present on every Opeth album except Damnation. Unlike Damnation, however, the music will have a prominent fusion influence. The album's title track is influenced by Jan Johansson and Swedish folk music.

And so forth. Well, they can do industrial polka for all I care, I'm sure I'd still make sweet love to it.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »
^Opeth are awesome musicians, so I'm sure it'll be awesome. I gotta admit, I'm not a die hard fan though.. a lot of their songs are so long and serious it actually can get a bit boring at times.

:twothumbs

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2011, 02:36:19 PM »
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »

new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2011, 10:19:10 AM »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2011, 11:22:23 AM »

Mastodon's released the first two songs from the upcoming album.

Less of a prog metal bonanza than Skye... more stripped-down (as Brann Dailor said) with a real heavy southern rock vibe.

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2011, 03:34:14 PM »

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Faith