JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Hypnotic Dancefloor

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 756884 times)

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
  • I'm Ai Kawashima, Idoling!!! & Ebisu Muscats Fans.
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #1020 on: September 18, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:38:14 AM by pern »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1021 on: September 20, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »
4th gen. members were invisible, were they even there? Well they are still amateurs in the variety arena but for gods sake they have to start showing something to indicate a hint that they belong in Idoling. I'm just not very thrilled with 4th gen. no matter how I look at things, at the least they should start improving in singing, but still nobody is showing any signs of having the diva talent either.

Agreed! I was disappointed when they first joined Idoling and still kinda am. They're lifeless, not very good looking and their singing makes my ears bleed. If these 5 were the "best" among 5000 of them, then the rest of the girls must have been freaking horrible.

Offline chrischaloner

« Reply #1022 on: September 20, 2011, 03:00:00 AM »
That Hello-Online page has a Megaupload link to the orignal Japanese "closed caption" subtitle file for the Mechaike episode.

Did it occur to anyone else to stick it through Google Translate and see what happened, or just me?

It comes out like a very bad "HK sub" and can be a bit of a gibberish-y mess but with a bit of common sense/minor japanese knowedge I'd say it helps you follow the show a bit better than not having any subs at all.  I know I picked up stuff I missed first time round. (then again, I'm very bad at japanese)

Steps:

1. Rename it as a .txt file instead of .srt (or save a new copy as a .txt file)

2. Open it in Notepad and have a second empty Notepad window open too.

3. Use Google Translate's "translate a document" and choose the .txt file.

4. You'll notice the translation stops mid way through.  Copy and paste the translated bit into your blank Notepad document and delete that bit from the original .txt file.  (The lines are numbered, so it's easy to get the right point)

5. Save the original file (which should now start where the translation ended), go back in your browser and translate it again.  Repeat step 4.

6. Keep doing this until the whole thing is translated (I think it was 3 times for this file).

7. Save your new translated file as an .srt with the same name as your video file.  (use UTF-8 if you need to)

8. Use Find & Replace to change all of the -> into --> and < into a blank space to fix the formatting in your new file.  My copy of Notepad froze once when I did this step, but it worked OK using Wordpad.  Also change the numbers above the first 10 lines back into numbers instead of words (1 instead of one) to match the original file. and you can use Find & Replace to fix the most obvious mis-translations (idle to idol, idling to Idoling, mileage to smileage, tea oil/oil tea to Mechaike, other names if you know them, etc...).

9. Save it again.

That should work.

There may be some sync/timing issues depending on ad breaks being cut differently in the .srt and video files.  Easily fixed in a subbing program though.  I was trying to sync it with a saved copy of the youtube version and it wasn't a problem until halfway though the second part.  The original mp4 file could be from the same source as the .srt, and you won't need to split & re-sync the file to match the youtube parts anyway.

If nothing else it could be a good starting point if someone wanted to properly fansub the show as some of the translation & most of the timing is already done and you just need to tidy it up, make it more readable, fix the worst bits and translate the on screen captions (as they left those out).

Presumably easier than starting from scratch, anyway.

I just though I'd share it as an idea.

Are any other Idoling!!! related shows subbed in Japanese for the deaf on their original broadcast?

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1023 on: September 20, 2011, 06:44:01 AM »
Are any other Idoling!!! related shows subbed in Japanese for the deaf on their original broadcast?

Karano~ probably has closed-caption subs, but we don't have raw provider for it. Most of Idoling!!! show we watched are FOD version which is a streaming service. I wonder if CS version has subs.

Offline burglarnoone

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1024 on: September 21, 2011, 12:47:05 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?vyx200l09byb0w9   

I found one on share a while back, its subs for ep #708 appears to be chinese though (as theres no kana in the subs at all), but maybe some of you can read chinese so might help someone.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1025 on: September 21, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »
Idoling and AKB together- I had heard about this, but this is the first clip that I have seen (this has probably all been posted before) but I am excited, I love both groups.....it's like Norse Gods vs. Greek Gods, or  Spam vs. Cheez Whiz, or Hello Kitty versus Dramatic Gopher, or, okay just watch:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1026 on: September 21, 2011, 06:49:45 PM »
^Yeah, I really enjoyed those episodes. I still think AKB-Idoling's single was a great release, I still play it a lot.

Oshima Mai getting a taste of Bakarhythm's antics  :lol:

Offline relaxershippuden

• Idolinger!!! 4ever!!!
  • Member+
  • Loving!!! Idoling!!!
« Reply #1027 on: September 21, 2011, 07:34:09 PM »
^Yeah, I really enjoyed those episodes. I still think AKB-Idoling's single was a great release, I still play it a lot.

Oshima Mai getting a taste of Bakarhythm's antics  :lol:

download link or url please!!!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1028 on: September 21, 2011, 07:40:36 PM »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #1029 on: September 22, 2011, 12:37:38 AM »
indeed......awesome

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1030 on: September 22, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »
For the other way around, also check Idoling!!! episodes #458 (2009.01.13) (Idoling!!! visit NTV & AKBingo set), #494 (2009.04.10) (Iisoushiritori), #495 (2009.04.14) (Batsuminton) & #496 (2009.04.16) (Acchi Muite Pie).

Offline miitan

• Miichan's Cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • monochromatia
    • monochromefx
    • +monochromefx
« Reply #1031 on: September 22, 2011, 01:00:42 AM »
Also there are English subs for all of the crossover eps of Idoling!!! and AKBINGO. I don't know if they are available for download anywhere this many years later though.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1032 on: September 22, 2011, 01:10:11 AM »
Oh wow do we really need to see AKB stuff in here as if AKB hasn't infested the rest of the Jpop forums enough?

And those episodes are like 2 years ago old, no need to bring it up just because of AKB tie-in, who cares. People need to stop making a big fuss about AKB just because they are popular now, not everybody likes them, especially from this Idoling fan since that AKB collaboration was forced upon by AkiP through corporate power-play so that AKB would set its foot inside FujiTV.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #1033 on: September 22, 2011, 01:18:30 AM »
Oh wow do we really need to see AKB stuff in here as if AKB hasn't infested the rest of the Jpop forums enough?

And those episodes are like 2 years ago old, no need to bring it up just because of AKB tie-in, who cares. People need to stop making a big fuss about AKB just because they are popular now, not everybody likes them, especially from this Idoling fan since that AKB collaboration was forced upon by AkiP through corporate power-play so that AKB would set its foot inside FujiTV.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1034 on: September 22, 2011, 01:37:28 AM »
FUCK YOU. I'm not the one who has to lighten up here, the fact that I don't even post at H!M is because some wacko AKB fanboy is the forum manager and keeps banning me just for not being able to take a criticism about his beloved whore group. Oh his ID is Krusha, ain't afraid to say it, so FUCK YOU. Fuck him, fuck all AKB fanboys.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #1035 on: September 22, 2011, 01:41:28 AM »
FUCK YOU. I'm not the one who has to lighten up here, the fact that I don't even post at H!M is because some wacko AKB fanboy is the forum manager and keeps banning me just for not being able to take a criticism about his beloved whore group. Oh his ID is Krusha, ain't afraid to say it, so FUCK YOU. Fuck him, fuck all AKB fanboys.
:shocked:

Offline miitan

• Miichan's Cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • monochromatia
    • monochromefx
    • +monochromefx
« Reply #1036 on: September 22, 2011, 01:47:28 AM »
There is no need to bring hate into the world of idols.  :deco:

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1037 on: September 22, 2011, 01:53:37 AM »
It was so peaceful here until that AKB fanboy with a hidden agenda brought AKB stuff in here. His mission has failed, I hate AKB even more.

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #1038 on: September 22, 2011, 02:04:11 AM »
It was so peaceful here until that AKB fanboy with a hidden agenda brought AKB stuff in here. His mission has failed, I hate AKB even more.

Hidden agenda?  Sounds like he's just a fan of both groups.  Is there something wrong with liking more than one idol group?  Is it wrong to like both Idoling and AKB?  This is a thread about discussing Idoling, correct?  Idoling and AKB did a collaboration way back when, correct?  I'd say it's a valid discussion, even if it does wad some panties.
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline miitan

• Miichan's Cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • monochromatia
    • monochromefx
    • +monochromefx
« Reply #1039 on: September 22, 2011, 02:09:03 AM »
Hidden agenda?  Sounds like he's just a fan of both groups.  Is there something wrong with liking more than one idol group?  Is it wrong to like both Idoling and AKB?  This is a thread about discussing Idoling, correct?  Idoling and AKB did a collaboration way back when, correct?  I'd say it's a valid discussion, even if it does wad some panties.

What??? Liking more than one idol group? You have to pick a team man! It's like videogame consoles. You can't like Xbox 360 AND PS3, it's serious biz!  You have to have LOYALTY! :angry:

Fanboys are pretty silly, no matter what the subject.  :grin:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Hypnotic Dancefloor