JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Teriyaki Boyz - HeartBreaker

Author Topic: The random idol festival thread  (Read 38791 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
The random idol festival thread
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:44:06 AM »
Accepting the suggestion of some folks, here am I creating a thread on this forum to discuss about idol festivals in general. TIF shall continue having its own annual thread, but other festivals (be it a big one like @Jam Expo or Idol Yokocho, or some smaller ones like Tokyo Aruaru or Uta Musume) fall on this thread. feel free to share your experiences, your knowledge, ask questions, arrange meetings with other users, share some interesting incoming gigs... just try to stay on topic and don`t talk specifically about some group (unless it's Up Up Girls Kakkokari. because I like them  :P ). do it on this group`s own thread.  :)

some notable festivals scheduled soon:

-Idol Yokocho at Nikufes Odaiba 9/19 - 9/20
-Idol Koushien in Akasaka Blitz 9/22
-TwinBox Fujisan 2015 9/22 - 9/23
-Live Plus at Akasaka Blitz 9/23
-Live Plus Festival 2015 Autumn 10/3
-Akasaka Halloween 2015 11/1
-Girls Pop Japan 11/8
-@Jam the field vol.8 11/22

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
Re: The random idol festival thread
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 06:00:06 PM »
Was planning to go to the Nikufes one but I'm going with friends to the last day of Tokyo Game Show instead. Mostly sad I won't get to see Osaka Shunkashuto but, they should be appearing at another event soon.

Will be going to a small fest at Ebisu Liquid Room on 9/21. Appearing there will be: Mecha High, Kamiyado, CANDY GO!GO!, drop, Feam, Maneki Kecha, Ru:Run, Idol College, Guso Drop, sora tob sakana, HEART of HEARTS, Honey Spice, P.IDL, FES☆TIVE, Heisei Kotohime, Baseball Girls (probably no the ones from Japan Expo Paris), &CRAZY, Junes☆Princess, etc. Kind of annoyed that there is no timetable as far as I can see but, I'll be going to the evening show. All they have is their Twitter account, which is less convenient.

https://twitter.com/moekawa_live

A rule of making such an event should include mandatory making of and posting of a timetable in advance so people can plan.

Akasaka Halloween seems a little less impressive this year with all the Platinum groups, more like Platinum Sonic with Hime Kyun and some other groups added on. Upga killed it last year and totally deserved to be the last act with their military outfits and set list. Ciao Bella and drop lost members recently also.

Idol Koushien at Akasaka Blitz seems interesting with BiSH and Tsuyogari Sensation (Chihiro's old group) in the lineup. Wonder if the end will be PASSPO, BiSH, PassCode again with all hell breaking loose (again).

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 03:05:10 AM »
^ I'll be running between that Ebisu Liquidroom event and Meguro Rockmaykan. I did piece together the 2-bu timetable from their twitter, not interested in 1-bu.

Chihiro

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 07:11:27 AM »
Yeah, aside from FESTIVE and partially Chu-Z, it doesn't feel worth it for me to have gone that early.

Looks like the 2nd one starts around 3:45 and not 5pm like it is written everywhere else. A bunch of groups I've never seen but have been on the lineups for a lot of events lately (sora tob sakana, Maneki Kecha) are on early so...

Not sure about CANDY GO! GO! but since everyone mentions Guso Drop, I should stay to thoroughly check them out.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 08:28:38 AM »
Tell us about the organisation. How is the location? Access?

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 05:06:29 PM »
Ebisu Liquidroom is maybe 5 minutes from the West Exit of Ebisu station. I didn't like how they made people go up the stairs and then back down to get in, especially with a small door right there but I guess it helped when the doors opened in the morning?

http://www.liquidroom.net/

There were still tokutenkai from the morning show going on when I got there after 4pm and just caught the end of Maneki Kecha, the imooto group of drop. Unless there were fans coming and going just for their favorite groups, it was maybe 1/2 to 2/3rds full and capacity is about 900. There were tokutenkai for groups going on right outside by the entrance and on the 2nd floor which also had a Time Out Tokyo cafe.

There were some raised areas on the sides and back of the room so you could see even from far away, unlike someplace like Shinjuku Blaze. It wasn't as terraced as someplace like Shibuya WWW though.

Crowd was pretty well behaved and security wasn't bothering people. I didn't see any actually. Maybe craziest thing was one guy standing on the front rail by the stage to get the attention of Anna (light blue) from Guso Drop but then again, Yura (yellow) was running around on the floor whacking people with a squeaky hammer and Shion (purple) was spraying people with water from her mouth also.

Not having a timetable didn't help. And it seems like at the last minute, they moved the starting time up about an hour. I did want to see Junes☆Princess, P.IDL, FESTIVE, and Chu-Z but not enough to wake up early and go to both. Besides, those groups are pretty much performing somewhere everyday?

Guso Drop reminds me of PassCode with the scream vocals and the songs that switch tempo/genre abruptly but, PassCode usually just turns into a wall of noise, at least when I saw them at Idol Koushien and @JAM. CANDY GO! GO! is deserving of being last. So many orange shirts!

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »
you never been to Liquidroom yet, wattstax? I like that house a lot, specially for viewing festivals that last for several hours and include some groups you don`t really care to see from close to the stage. the viewing there is very good from the backside. as mixedmedia said, the only real bad point with Liquidroom is that entrance thing that obligates you to go up and down again. I guess their intention is to have the lanes waiting inside and not outside...

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 06:09:50 PM »
Nope. The only "live house" I know in Ebisu is the Garden Hall. The raised areas sound good though.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 01:25:17 AM »
Raised areas at a venue are always a plus for shorter people.

Is there a limit to how "small" a "festival" can be? Also on October 3rd is "Pride of Pinchike" at Shin-Kiba 1st Ring. I think the groups will be performing inside a wrestling ring. POP, Moso Calibration, Yurumerumo, Electric Ribbon, Oyasumi Hologram, Bellring Shojo Heart are in the lineup so far. I'll be out of the country so I hope someone goes and gives a report though. Sounds like a bunch of crazy fanbases clashing head on but, since it actually costs money to go (3,300 yen), maybe that's too much for any real pinchike (poor crappy wota that cause trouble) to go?

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 02:49:44 PM »
on that day imo there are two way better options: the already mentioned Live Plus at Shin-Kiba (with 112 groups confirmed. I'd personally highlight Feam, Festive, Re-2, Yuuka Ueno, Nato Kan, FYT and Koto) or the small Asia Super Live at club Asia (Shibuya), with two editions featuring the likes of Honey Squash, Candy Go! Go! and fucking Qam, a group which I've been pumping the last few weeks and I'm dying to finally see them live.  :)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 03:50:18 PM »
Such diversity in festivals. Too bad they often happen at the same time.
Any news regarding festivals around Christmas and New Years? Would be much appreciated!

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 04:42:58 PM »
In that case, I'm glad I am geographically exempt from having to make a decision. Having seen Yurumerumo, POP, and Oyasumi Hologram a lot more, I'd be leaning towards that event but, I do like Nato Kan as well. I've been following Rina from Feam on Cheerz lately but haven't really seen them as much as I would have liked to. Anyway, I can't go to either so I'm looking forward to the next one when I'm back in Japan.

Does anyone have a dream or nightmare lineup for an event? I have joked before that something like Pour Lui and Yufu Terashima or Chu-Z with Vanilla Beans and/or Idoling!!! would be terrible for all involved. Party Rockets and GALETTe? Dorothy Little Happy and callme? 

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2015, 08:48:48 PM »
Ebisu Liquidroom is maybe 5 minutes from the West Exit of Ebisu station. I didn't like how they made people go up the stairs and then back down to get in, especially with a small door right there but I guess it helped when the doors opened in the morning?

http://www.liquidroom.net/

There were still tokutenkai from the morning show going on when I got there after 4pm and just caught the end of Maneki Kecha, the imooto group of drop. Unless there were fans coming and going just for their favorite groups, it was maybe 1/2 to 2/3rds full and capacity is about 900. There were tokutenkai for groups going on right outside by the entrance and on the 2nd floor which also had a Time Out Tokyo cafe.

There were some raised areas on the sides and back of the room so you could see even from far away, unlike someplace like Shinjuku Blaze. It wasn't as terraced as someplace like Shibuya WWW though.

Crowd was pretty well behaved and security wasn't bothering people. I didn't see any actually. Maybe craziest thing was one guy standing on the front rail by the stage to get the attention of Anna (light blue) from Guso Drop but then again, Yura (yellow) was running around on the floor whacking people with a squeaky hammer and Shion (purple) was spraying people with water from her mouth also.

Not having a timetable didn't help. And it seems like at the last minute, they moved the starting time up about an hour. I did want to see Junes☆Princess, P.IDL, FESTIVE, and Chu-Z but not enough to wake up early and go to both. Besides, those groups are pretty much performing somewhere everyday?

Guso Drop reminds me of PassCode with the scream vocals and the songs that switch tempo/genre abruptly but, PassCode usually just turns into a wall of noise, at least when I saw them at Idol Koushien and @JAM. CANDY GO! GO! is deserving of being last. So many orange shirts!

A bit late, (hey I only recently got back to England), but I may as well say something about this Liquidroom event. I guess, like some people have said in this thread - what counts as a festival? I would call this more like a normal kindof idol event... just in a bigger venue... maybe a tad longer etc, kindof inbetween ground...

Anyway, I was at Lolisyn at noon at Rockmaykan, then out for lunch, and back at Rockmaykan for my friend's oshimen, Ogura Ayame, who I would highly recommend btw, she is nuts! Oh, and the Rockmaykan event had re-entry.... unlike Liquidroom... even though Liquidroom gave you wristbands... which was really annoying as I was starving in there and wanted to grab some food from the combini during some groups I couldn't care for, but couldn't...

Anyway, I went to Liquidroom as a friend wanted me to turn up for Baseball Girls, and I see why he likes them, the crowd is fun. As for the whole event, seems like people only watched their favourite groups really then fucked off, which is fair enough. I kindof did the same, think I checked out Mecha High - Ayapaso was cute - but didn't really watch the other groups. I was waiting for Heisei Kotohime, who were fun as usual, then Honey Spice. Who were excellent. But... because the event was running so late, I had to leave halfway through Honey Spice's set... (so of course, Aritan told me off for this the next day and wouldn't let me get anything other than a fake punching me in the face cheki). Also embarrassing cuz as I was leaving Kotohime were starting their buppan so they all said hello to me so I had to say "shit, sorry, I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow..." and then I promptly tripped up the stairs on the way out (luckily out of sight of the girls). Anyway I headed back to Rockmaykan to see Code of Zero, and Lolisyn's second set. I really wanted my friend to see Lolisyn before he left (it was his last day). Buppan was really fun.

So I missed Guso Drop. But saw them a bunch of times this trip anyway, I think they are really fun tbh. Shion always sprays water on everyone, she normally crowdsurfs. Sometimes they all run out into the crowd to hightouch (or in Rei's case, to slap you in the face, hard.) I also still think "slow RAIN @ Tokyo" is the most visually stunning idol song. Your first buppan with Guso Drop will also be the most value for money btw. If you join the Gushin, which costs 1000yen, you get a group handshake, a group photo they post on twitter, a group photo they take with a DSLR and later give you printed out and framed in a wooden frame, and 5 communication tickets, enough for one for each member.

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 06:46:17 PM »
When I look up the Idol Koushien schedule on the official site it only lists dates for shows in Nagoya and Osaka. Aren't they doing Tokyo shows anymore?
Are there alternatives?

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 08:05:29 PM »
When I look up the Idol Koushien schedule on the official site it only lists dates for shows in Nagoya and Osaka. Aren't they doing Tokyo shows anymore?
Are there alternatives?

They did one a couple weeks ago in Tokyo so I don't think they've stopped...

LivePlus also seems to do similar things - ie, smaller events and then big festivals in Studio Coast.

Chihiro

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 12:13:20 AM »
the one which unfortunately stopped is Love Mark Festival. they changed to Tiara on Parade title but the last one occurred on april. now the longest one still running (among these small festivals) is Uta Musume.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 09:26:31 PM »
akasaka halloween next sunday just turned into the coolest shit ever with the final lineup announcement.  :cow:

this year they'll have Cheeky Parade, Starmarie, Ciao Bella Cinquetti (the possible), drop, hy4_4yh, Passpo, Palet, Predia, Lyrical School, Wasuta, Hime Kyun Fruit Can and fucking Up Up Girls Kakkokari! almost all my favorite groups united. I'm lovin it.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »
You really like any of the first 5 groups you mentioned and even Wasuta? :shocked

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 05:30:24 AM »
I have a mental block about STARMARIE but, the rest of the lineup looks to be around the same level as last year's one. Even though they went and changed their name and lost Akkyan, CBC should be great as long as they don't do "Omotesando"! Don't do it even though it is close to Akasaka!

If PASSPO wears the Avengers (and Die Hard) costumes, they might just win Halloween! Upga should have another epic costume. Of all the groups, I expect palet probably won't dress up since they didn't last year.

I wonder why Twintail Japan haven't announced their Twintail Day Event (11/22) yet. Are they possibly not going to have one? They had one last year on 11/22 and another on 2/2 but nothing as far as I can see. Same day as @JAM 8 at LIQUIDROOM though.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 09:06:40 PM »
^^don't play dumb, you know which groups I was referring to. anyways, out of the rest, only hy4_4yh isn't enjoyable for me. so that makes a very strong lineup. change them with PRGT and you have the ultimate perfection. =D

now I'm just wondering when they'll release a fucking time table. just hope they don't put Up Up as one of the first groups cuz it'll drain energy too soon.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Teriyaki Boyz - HeartBreaker