JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rei Okamoto - teenage days

Author Topic: The random idol festival thread  (Read 38800 times)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
Re: The random idol festival thread
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2016, 05:39:00 PM »
So POP/BiSH were invited for TIF this year, I'm a bit surprised.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2016, 09:01:08 PM »
I'd love to see Maplez live before Akarin and Myon are gone. So many cool girls already graduated.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2016, 09:15:20 PM »
So POP/BiSH were invited for TIF this year, I'm a bit surprised.
They redeemed themselves by running 100km marathons and banning lifting, lol.
It will be interesting to see if TIF will increase security or takes other measures to avoid misbehaviour from fans.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2016, 02:59:14 PM »
This Idolpark really promises to be a great fes:
http://www.gmt-fes.com/sp/

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2016, 02:54:19 PM »
Sekigahara Idol Wars has posted their second set of group announcements. It's been extended to two days this time. The line-up is looking great. Could it end up having a better line-up than TIF?

https://twitter.com/IDOL_WARS_2016/status/720810315198255105

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2016, 10:08:23 AM »
Time Table for Idol Park is out.

Live

18:00~18:10 sora tob sakana
18:10~18:25 フィロソフィーのダンス
18:25~18:40 ぷちぱすぽ☆
18:40~19:00 Party Rockets GT
19:00~19:20 callme
19:25~19:45 lyrical school
19:45~20:05 PiiiiiiiN
20:05~20:30 LinQ
20:25~20:55 あゆみくりかまき
20:55~21:20 PASSPO☆ 

—————————————————————
Events

【A】18:15~18:45 sora tob sakana
【B】18:35~19:35 フィロソフィーのダンス
【C】18:50~19:50 ぷちぱすぽ☆
【A】19:10~20:10 Party Rockets GT
【B】19:35~20:35 callme  
【C】19:55~20:55 lyrical school  
【A】20:15~21:15 PiiiiiiiN
【B】20:40~21:40 LinQ
【C】21:05~22:05 あゆみくりかまき
【A】21:30~22:30 PASSPO☆

Very good. No interference for Party Rockets, neither Live nor Events. And PiiiiiiiN event is before Passpo, but offers only small timeframe before Ayumikurikamaki gets on stage. Event for the latter could become a bit tricky as well (between PiiiiiiiN and PASSPO).

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2016, 02:28:32 PM »
right now all my attentions are turned to the Idol Yokocho Natsu Matsuri 2016 that will take place on July 2nd and 3rd. (so happy to see that almost all the groups I like will appear exactly on the first day, the only one I`m attending...)

http://idolyokocho.com/summerfes2016/

I thought Idol Yokocho was broken and they would never make big festivals again but thanks God I was wrong. the lineup looks amazing already, just needs some more solo acts (yeah, I`m talking about Koto and Mari Mizuta).

bonus points for taking place in a different venue, the Yokohama Akarenga, rather than the usual Shin-Kiba Studio Coast. since it will be hot and it`s close to the sea, here`s me hoping some groups appear in disgusting bikinis for my viewing pleasure.  :fap :fap :fap

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2016, 11:59:02 AM »
I don't get the website. Why are the idol groups listed in different blocks? Has it several stages?
Oh, and you will see bikinis. Just scroll down the site until the end ;)

Won't you go for Chu-Z One Man on July 3th? :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:47:45 PM by wattstax »

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2016, 05:04:27 PM »
 :? it is showing which days each group will participate. the gravure idols at the end will take part in some activities like photo sessions and handshakes, as always. it is a tradition already to have this different attraction every new "idol yokocho matsuri". pretty meh. only hikaru aoyama and megumi haruno (former mugen regina) are worth some interest, imo. the girls I want to see in bikinis are oppaipon, ayano, nanase and the likes.  ;)

nope, too bad for them. festival with dozens of groups >>>>>>>> chu-z oneman. and i`ll already skip work at friday for the AOA oneman so no free day on sunday for me. of course AOA >>>>>>>>>> chu-z too.  :P

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2016, 05:16:47 PM »
Ah, now at my PC I can see what they did: Groups that perform on both days, and groups that perform just on one day. On my mobile the translation tool desn't work. Could have guessed that myself  :banghead:

Very nice line-up on the 2nd. I am slightly jealous.

On another note: The first groups were announced for @JAM. http://at-jam.jp/expo2016/ 
Party Rocket GT released first infos on ticket ordering:
http://ameblo.jp/partyrockets/entry-12163384872.html?timestamp=1464003577

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2016, 05:33:57 PM »
^ I thought @Jam already happened this weekend (it was on LINE LIVE), guess they hold multiple events.

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2016, 05:38:08 PM »
As far as I know in that case (which isn't much), there are 2 big festival in the year. The first around April/May, the second August/Septembre. The latter is the much bigger one. Last year with approx. 100 groups.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2016, 07:09:33 PM »
@JAM 2016 is different than @JAM EXPO 2016. They hold a ton of events throughout the year. @JAM EXPO is going to be 2 days at Makuhari Messe in September. Based on the fact that the weather will be cooler and they'll have pretty much the same lineup (plus/minus a few groups) compared to TIF, @JAM EXPO is the one to go to for sure. @JAM the field, which happens like twice a year is generally a pretty awesome mini-fest that they do.

Tokyo Idol Festival is during the hottest time of the year, the stages are all over the place, and it feels like all the groups most people want to see are all performing at the same time!

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2016, 07:52:58 PM »
Idol Koushien continue to hold bigger festivals at Shinkiba Coast.
http://idolkoushien.com/special/index/20160626/lineup/

Offline Kayseur

« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2016, 05:07:21 PM »
I have a question, I saw on the @JAM expo website that the general sales for tickets open on the August 20th. I'll be in Japan only three days before the festival, on the 21. Should I go through a proxy to buy the tickets or, since it's a festival, it won't run out of stocks and I'll still be able to buy it at the last minute in a random lawson once I'm here? (Or maybe I can even buy them when arriving at the event  当日)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2016, 05:55:42 PM »
Hm, I rather assume it will soon be sold out. Wasn't even TIF sold out last year?
As this time everything will be new (and probably better), I recommend you buying it beforehand.
No idea if they will offer special tickets for foreigners like TIF.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2016, 11:28:05 AM »
The stage map for TIF is released. Some changes and a new stage.

(Sorry about the pic size. Have no idea how to make it smaller.)

Mod tip! You can change image size using height and width options in the img tag! eg/

Code: [Select]
[img height=400]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkA8RmeVEAAzfbX?format=jpg&name=large[/img]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:33:15 AM by Jul3 »

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2016, 07:34:41 AM »
@JAM expo is really tempting. Holy cow... Never seen concert VIP tickets cost that much.

It seems like a good time of year to be in Tokyo.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2016, 08:43:04 AM »
For the prices of VIP tickets for @JAM EXPO, some food in addition to drinks would be nice. Hopefully, access to the VIP areas for the other stages that will have them will be easier to get to and from. Seemed like Yokohama Arena only had 2 main doors for people to go to and from the Strawberry Stage and from what I saw of the stage on the top floor, there was only one small door. I'll be a whole new venue since it'll be Makuhari Messe.

Main issue so far that I can think of is how crappy the train station is out there and transferring to the Keiyo line at Tokyo station.

At least Hot Stage is indoors this year and not in the middle of that Fuji TV summer area? My Navi stage was too far from everything else so it's kind of good it's gone? Still not a fan of Festival Stage being right at the entrance of the mall/in front of Gundam. Looks like they got rid of the other stage by Doll Factory too.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »
Yep, At Jam is tempting. I wonder how the layout of the stages will turn out and if they are big enough. In that case VIP tickets wouldn't be necessarry if getting back and forth between stages will be easy. So far VIP tickets don't seem worth the price. I can get by without the centre area, especially if it is only limited to Strawberry stage. Those Meet&Greet Session should be something additional to the regular ones, I assume. So nice to have but not required. Further details are needed, especially regarding organisation issues.

Getting there really is restricted by the Keiyo Line. Or would the Sobu Line to Makuhari Hongo be a suitable option? 15 minute walk doesn't sound too bad.

So who is currently contemplating of going there?

About TIF:
Hot Stage should be in Zepp DiverCity again. Good choice.
My Navi Stage was further away, but it offered some shadow at certain times. I liked it. And I doubt the new Ship stage being that much closer.
Marketing Square is still not displayed. I wonder if TIF will really change it around, providing more sun shade and stuff for both idols and fans.
Of course Sky Stage still stands, with its crappy access.
I only noticed by your post that they got rid of Enjoy Stadium. Why? It was a good place too cool down.
In summary TIF has 6 stages now. In the light of the event going for 3 days this time it may be sufficient, if they don't get overboard with participating groups (probably will as they want to get over 200).

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rei Okamoto - teenage days