JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - U ~KREVA REMIX~ featuring KICK THE CAN CREW

Author Topic: The Fanfic Rant Hole  (Read 51764 times)

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
Re: The Fanfic Rant Hole
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2015, 10:57:50 PM »
The only way to improve in your writing is to constantly read and write. You can judge later once you have a complete piece. A lot of the art students in my university refer to the first draft of writing or drawing in general as "Killing Your Baby" because you might be putting so much effort and time into a piece, but sometimes it doesn't work out. So, you have to be willing to kill the labor of love child you made for a better outcome.

It does help to also have a beta to bounce ideas with and to check for grammar mistakes. What helps me a lot is not just reading, but writing and cutting off that critical part of me. I also have a bunch of writer blogs and sites on tumblr that I follow. They  help with advice in writing, some even give your prompts which can help a lot. I also have a beta.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2016, 05:46:24 PM »
Not really a rant but more of an... observing? XD

There's been a slight revival in fans of the new gen variety...

So of course, by that logic... H!P is starting to get popular again...

So there's more people...

Yet, there's hardly any active fanfic writers... orz

Maybe it's my nostalgia hitting me hard, but it's hard to believe that we were so ridiculously active that we warranted an entire writing section all on our own, haha...

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2018, 03:12:19 PM »
Heyo, boss Yuuyami! There is a dearth of H!P fics in general. I remember when we were crazy active here. It kinda makes me sad. Before, every wave of new H!P members would bring in a wave of new members here and new writers.

I'm almost MM-exclusive now and I'm not happy about it because I KNOW the other groups' members would make awesome characters since H!P is just full of crazy people.

I hope to see more stuff. My initial revival wave has died down. I'm sorry I haven't contributed enough.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - U ~KREVA REMIX~ featuring KICK THE CAN CREW