JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Heartsdales - Angel Eyes

Author Topic: Chase Wang on MAX 2010: The JPHiP.com Interview  (Read 8465 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Chase Wang on MAX 2010: The JPHiP.com Interview
« on: June 15, 2010, 07:29:41 AM »
Chase Wang on MAX 2010: The JPHiP.com Interview

Recently daigong sat down with Chase Wang, publicist for MAX 2010 event on July 1, 2010 in Los Angeles (and frequent JPHiP.com benefactor lol) They discussed all you wanted to know about the upcoming MAX 2010 event including Mano Erina!

What is MAX 2010 and what makes it so unique? Are there plans to make it an annual event?

CW: Club 2 the MAX 2010 is unique because there is NO BADGE FEE!  Most of the activities are free and attendees can pay for any event that they want to participate in at an affordable price.  We hope to make this an annual event.

How did you get involved and what do you for for MAX 2010? How much time do you spend on MAX 2010 related tasks?

CW: I got involved with Club 2 the MAX when several Japanese companies came to me with the idea.  Since we are so close to the launch of the event I spend every moment on all these items.

Tell us more about the Flash Mob and how was this idea brought up?

CW: The Dance Flash Mob idea with the maids and hosts of the AniMaid Café was an idea that I came up with to bring something different for attendees to get involved with and to win prizes and just have fun!

What is GOSHUJIN-SAMA! THE ANIMAID CAFE about and how do you choose the maids?

CW: The AniMaid Café is a group of hosts & maids that are self regulated.  They are well known in the convention circuit and are extremely popular to those who are interested in getting a “taste” of what it is like to participate in a Maid Café in Akihabara, Japan.

How did Mano-chan get involved with MAX 2010?

CW: Mano-chan got involved when we brought the film to MAX.  She is one of the prime reasons why MAX was started.  Remember “M” is for Mano-chan, “A” is for AniMaid Café and “X” is for ... Well we will announce that soon.

What makes the Power Rangers appearance at MAX 2010 so awesome?

CW: Having the Power Rangers at Club 2 the MAX 2010 is awesome because it shows that we recognize other fantastic franchises in the U.S. that incorporate popular culture from Japan whether it be television, film, j-rock, j-pop, etc.

Are there photo opportunities with the guests and are video allowed at this event?

CW: There will be several red carpet events and meet & greets.  We will be releasing the schedule soon so stay tuned.

Any other additional surprises we can look forward to?

CW: Most definitely so stay tuned!

Thank you for your time, and we hope to talk more about MAX 2010 behind the scenes.

CW: Thank you for checking things out and I hope all your fans come check out Club 2 the MAX 2010...check it out at www.Club2theMAX.com.

- June 14, 2010

CHECK OUT THE THREAD!! Plan your MAX 2010 Experience now with Manoeri:

http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=24589.0

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Re: Chase Wang on MAX 2010: The JPHiP.com Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 07:37:10 AM »
"X" huh?  I wonder what that could be for...

Seriously, I've got no idea.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Scramasax

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
So let me get this straight, they're (H!P) running their own 1-day con that "just happens" to coincide with anime expo?  They(AX CEO) must have really pissed off the H!P management last year!

Good luck on your hijack, Mano!

[edit - replying to below] "They" refers to the new Anime Expo CEO. 
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-01-11/multiple-anime-expo-staffers-resign-in-board-dispute

[edit 2] edited text for easier understanding.   :lol:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:36:34 PM by Scramasax »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:16:10 PM »
They? Who do you mean by they?

DISCLAIMER
The views expressed in this thread do not necessarily reflect the views of this website and the owners of JPHiP.com

:halo:

"X" huh?  I wonder what that could be for...

Seriously, I've got no idea.

Just a hunch, but if X-Japan is going to Otakaon.... :whistle:

see their thread for more: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=6.0

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Heartsdales - Angel Eyes