JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: God`s Guts - Surfing With the Show

Author Topic: Runaway from the Past  (Read 317071 times)

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
Re: Runaway from the Past
« Reply #500 on: June 24, 2008, 06:48:42 AM »
^... they got into a fist fight before... i think i already mentioned it in a previous chap...

... where is Yukari? ... :lol:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rika was still looking out the window when rain started to pour. The rain fell fast and made a fast rhythm. It sounded like a bucket of nails falling on a sheet of metal. The raindrops fell sharp as if eager to touch the ground or whatever solid material they would fall on.

The people on the street ran to wherever a roof was available. Except one. Rika saw a woman walking a slow and steady pace under the rain. As if it wasn't raining. A man offered her an umbrella but she seems to have refused the offer the man was already walking away with his umbrella. The glass on the window felt cold as Rika traced the outlines of the drops with her fingertips. The cold felt like a needle pricking her finger. It was strange.

She walked to the music room, seeking companionship from the baby grand. She opened the piano and sat on the stool. She played a little melody she made up herself, following the rhythm of the rain banging on the walls, roofs, the ground. The rain gained power. It fell faster. Rika followed suit, starting to play a different melody. The rhythm changed and Rika went along with it, whatever speed it had. She went along with it.

She decided that this was a pointless undertaking. No good music was being produced. It was void of feeling. Hitomi wasn't home. Rika stood from the stool and walked to the shelves lining a wall of the room. There were different books on music theory and biographies of famous composers and violin virtuosos. There were cute figurines of people playing musical instruments-- must be from Ayaka. In the middle shelf, there was a picture of Hitomi playing the violin. She looked young in the picture. Dashing and handsome as always. On the bottom right corner of the picture there was a vague scribble. All Rika could make out was the letter D at the end of the scribbling.

Rika went back to the living room and sat in the couch. Although the weather was cooling up their flat, Rika always felt warm whenever she was on this couch. That's where Hitomi kept Rika in her arms. Just let me love you...

It was a sweet thing to say. To love and not to demand love in return. To just give, not expecting to take.

Rika closed her eyes, reliving that afternoon. It was the slowest moment in her life. The warmest moment in her life.

"To-chan..."

The rain would not let up. There were no signs that it would stop in the afternoon. Rika took out her cellphone, composed a message and sent it to the person whom she loved the most and, especially now, demanded from the least.

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #501 on: June 24, 2008, 07:15:50 AM »
first... I'M HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

then... UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now... (XD) mmm mauajaja really i laughed a lot with that yomiki interaction  :mon XD:

miki is such sincere  :mon lmao: mauajajajja yossy is a ----, she cheated on miki  :mon butt:

finally... rika is so cute~~ (even if i'm not a rika fan at all, i said it)  :mon innocent:

now... i go to sleep, my school isn't on strike now... so i have to wake up early again  :mon wakey:

i want a update~~ so tomorrow i'll arrive and read it~~  :mon evillaff:

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #502 on: June 24, 2008, 09:46:10 AM »
Damn Yuki, your sig is really too  :wub: ! Find it hard to concentrate when I see it but then....I still want to look at it :lol:

In the midst of studying, this is the best thing to do - read RFP.  :muffin: To be able to love this selflessly is great just that it sometimes indicates danger and yes, I think I smell the pin. The stinky yet aromatic metal smell. You mentioned about the punching before? *tito reads earlier chap* oh yeah..BUT I STILL WANNA A FLASHBACK SCENE!! It's not an everyday thing for Aya to punch Yossi.

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #503 on: June 24, 2008, 01:01:21 PM »
first... I'M HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

there you are! we were looking for you...

now... (XD) mmm mauajaja really i laughed a lot with that yomiki interaction  :mon XD:

miki is such sincere  :mon lmao: mauajajajja yossy is a ----, she cheated on miki  :mon butt:

... well... technically, it wasn't really cheating... after all, miki did say:

"You never had me."

but that's open for interpretation...

finally... rika is so cute~~ (even if i'm not a rika fan at all, i said it)  :mon innocent:

HAH!

now... i go to sleep, my school isn't on strike now... so i have to wake up early again  :mon wakey:

Don't sleep late anymore... that's bad for you...

i want a update~~ so tomorrow i'll arrive and read it~~  :mon evillaff:

... i'll whip one up just for you...

In the midst of studying, this is the best thing to do - read RFP.  :muffin: To be able to love this selflessly is great just that it sometimes indicates danger and yes, I think I smell the pin. The stinky yet aromatic metal smell. You mentioned about the punching before? *tito reads earlier chap* oh yeah..BUT I STILL WANNA A FLASHBACK SCENE!! It's not an everyday thing for Aya to punch Yossi.

...*sigh* demanding readers... i'll see what i can do... :lol:

and advanced happy birthday to Matsuura Aya!!!!!! this update's for you!!!! (even if there's no chance in the world that you would read this post)

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*click*

"Yocchan?"

"Un... Ayaya..."

"That was a client I presume?"

"Yeah... they're getting more demanding by the minute..." Hitomi lied. Somethings are better left unsaid.

"Anyway... As i was saying... I need your help..."

"How can I help you?"

"Lend me money... I'm buying them all out... everyone conniving with my father..."

"Woah... "

"Yes. That's the only strategy I can think of... Please help me..."

"Wait a second... Do you think they would agree to that?"

"Stock prices are falling... They are all pretty eager to turn their investment shares into cold cash... I'll buy them at a higher price if I have to... That's why I need your help. I don't have enough..."

"This is pretty tricky... We just signed into the merger..."

"Money can buy a lot of things... If I can buy my freedom and happiness, I'll pay the price gladly..."

Hitomi was silent. She now realized why Miki chose Aya over the salary offer from AviCor.

"I'm asking help from you because I know you understand what I'm going through... This is the only way I can make Miki happy..."

"... Alright... I'll help you..."

"Thank you, Yocchan... I owe you..."

"Of course you do..."

"By the way, Ayaka and Mai are going to buy shares too... Wanna jump in the band wagon?"

"No way, Ayaya... Yoshizawa group's already a handfull..."

"Right... Lucky me, I just have one company to worry about... And it's already appended to one of the strongest Japanese business groups..."

"... ... ... Wait... ... ... I want to buy shares under Rika's name..."

"Ishikawa Rika?"

"Yes..."

"... You have unimaginable foresight... Is she the 'one'?"

Hitomi blushed. It felt strange. "I hope so..."

"... I already told Ken about her... He got so excited..."

"He's always wanted an older sister..."

"Right... He doesn't have an older sister... Just brothers..." Aya was now laughing.

"Whatever..."

"Thanks, Yocchan... Really..."

"Don't mention it, Ayaya..."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 08:58:58 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »
Hmm..bring Rika into the whole business thing? Nice intention Yossy but should have said something to Rika about it. Or is she about to say?

*sigh* this place is moving pretty slowly *yawn* time to get back to study. ;) Hopefully you can come up with an update tonight or tomorrow :)

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #505 on: June 25, 2008, 01:28:42 PM »
*sigh* this place is moving pretty slowly *yawn* time to get back to study. ;) Hopefully you can come up with an update tonight or tomorrow :)

... yeah... *sigh* ... how come the author's not updated yet? ... ... ... ... ... ... wait a minute... ... ... this IS RFP... whoops...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The young model-entrepeneur Michishige Sayumi arrived an hour and a half late. She brought no personnel with her. Nor did she bring any of the necessary papers. The wait for her arrival was longer than the meeting itself. It looked like the girl didn't really have issues with the contract and just wanted an excuse to leave Japan and fly to a tropical country for a couple of days.

The meeting went boringly smoothly. It couldve been better to have just spoken on the phone about the matter. But they young executive amused Yoshizawa group's president even for just half an hour. She looked so carefree despite the demands of the industry in which she belongs. Rumors say that Michishige started her company after being fed up with the agency that managed her modelling career. She was pretty notorious for charming her way into contracts. Hitomi didn't doubt the girl's charm.

It was almost lunchtime when Michishige left. Her stomach was grumbling but she paid no heed. She was waiting.

She stared at the fax machine, anticipating any message to come in.

*ring*

From the machine emerged the document Hitomi was waiting for. It was from Iida-sensei. Hitomi hurriedly scanned through the pregnancy test results. Negative.

... There goes my investment in Aya's company...

Hitomi expected a smile from her lips or any expression of happiness... or even just a sigh of relief... but nothing came to her. She sank into her chair. Hunger left her. The news was supposed to be good news. And it really is good news. But...

It seems she got a bit too hopeful.

"It's probably for the best..." Hitomi just had to say it aloud. She wanted to convince herself. If Rika really was going to have a baby, even if it was going to be a sign of their love, it's still a shadow of what Rika had gone through.

Hitomi looked out the window. She didn't notice that it had started raining. It was raining hard. Water drops stuck to her wall. Some stayed where they fell. Some crawled down. Some of those that crawled down bumped into other drops. Some merged with the other drops and stayed where it was. Some merged dragged the other drop down. Some merged then split, leaving it where it was while proceeding, taking some of the other's water with it. While some flowed down somehow evading the other drops, disappearing from Hitomi's sight.

Hitomi's fascination with the raindrops was interrupted by the buzzing of her cellphone.

Message Received

Hitomi picked up her phone and smiled upon reading the name of the sender.

"To-chan, don't forget to eat lunch, okay? Don't work too hard. You might strain yourself. Don't rush coming home later. The streets are wet. Don't drive fast. It's dangerous. Take care. I love you." 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 02:22:50 PM by tru_harmony »

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #506 on: June 25, 2008, 02:02:55 PM »
... yeah... *sigh* ... how come the author's not updated yet? ... ... ... ... ... ... wait a minute... ... ... this IS RFP... whoops...
This is so funny  :rofl: I miss updating a lot as well..2 more days and I don't give whoever a damn and I will put up the new version of ai no sono ~ Break your heart :lol:
Hitomi expected a smile from her lips or any expression of happiness... or even just a sigh of relief... but nothing came to her. She sank into her chair. Hunger left her. The news was supposed to be good news. And it really is good news. But...

It seems she got a bit too hopeful.
It shouldn't change anything now that Rika is confirmed not pregnant. Or will it?
Hitomi looked out the window. She didn't notice that it had started raining. It was raining hard. Water drops stuck to her wall. Some stayed where they fell. Some crawled down. Some of those that crawled down bumped into other drops. Some merged with the other drops and stayed where it was. Some merged dragged the other drop down. Some merged then split, leaving it where it was while proceeding, taking some of the other's water with it. While some flowed down somehow evading the other drops, disappearing from Hitomi's sight.
  :roll: Wonder why you went into details...maybe it's symbolising different types of downfall?
"To-chan, don't forget to eat lunch, okay? Don't work too hard. You might strain yourself. Don't rush coming home later. The streets are wet. Don't drive fast. It's dangerous. Take care. I love you." 
:wub: AWWW...........

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #507 on: June 25, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »
"Like when she punch--"

Miki cut her off again. "Yes, like when she punched you for cheating on me."

"... That was when I lost you..."

"You never had me."

Oh, Miki didn't know it was just a set up, damn... :mon huh: so there could be some YoMiki love somewhere back then  :mon dunno:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #508 on: June 25, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »
@tito ... hey... i love that song... please don't break my heart...

Wonder why you went into details...maybe it's symbolising different types of downfall?

I wonder too... nice analogy, btw... ... ... ... hmmm... so many verbs there, ne~?

i really just wanted to add that rain in... we just got out of a pretty strong typhoon here...

@kRisz: she did... she knew what yossui "had to do" ...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayaka, Mai and Ayumi were on the lunch table. They were baffled that Hitomi has not ransacked the cafeteria yet. Unless she was on an important meeting or on anything out of the ordinary (such as having Rika around in the office during lunch which happened just once), she would always be the first to arrive and the last to leave the cafeteria. Even the lunchlady was looking for the president.

Ayaka assumed that Hitomi was still in the meeting with Michishige and it would be best for now that Hitomi does not come to the cafeteria.

She ate a spoonful of mixed minced vegetables. "Yesterday, when Rika called me, I had no idea what to tell her..."

Mai scratched behind her ear. "... So what did you tell her?"

"I told her I had to speak with you first..."

"You drew me into this?!" Mai didn't want to get involved with anything that involves Hitomi and Miki.

Ayaka's tone challenged Mai. "Hey, would you rather that I answered her question right away?"

"Mai, Ayaka does have a point..." Ayumi stood in defense of her boss.

"Tch... Fine... If she starts calling me... I'll kick your a**..."

Ayumi chewed on the beef tongue. "Don't worry about that... Rika's not the type of girl who harasses people for answers..."

"You think Yoshiko's dad spilled the beans?" Mai sunk her spoon in her bowl of soup. "Crap... a bowl wasted..."

"Who else?"

"... If we were home, I'd say everybody... but since were here, I guess it was him..."

"That man really has issues..."

"... I think a whole lot of somebodies is pressuring Aya to leave Miki..."

"Man... I sure hope whatever they're whipping up dies before--" Ayaka's cellphone rang. "Eh...?"

"Calling... Rika-chan" the display read.

"Excuse me... ... Moshi moshi... Rika-chan... yeah... we were just eating... ...  No... Yoshiko didn't join us... she might come down later... she never misses lunch... don't worry... ... hm? ... ... buckwheat flour? ... ... yeah... I think that's on stock in the pantry... the bottom shelf... on the left... no... on the right side... You found it? ... okay... That's all?... Sure... okay... You're welcome... Okay... I won't tell her... Yeah... Okay... Ja~ne..."

"Rika called you again?! How come she doesn't call me?"

"Well, because the gratification of Yoshiko's hunger does not depend on you..."

Ayumi rolled her eyes at Ayaka, forgetting that she's speaking to her boss. "Okay... next week, I'll buy their groceries for them..."

"You wish! You don't have keys to the flat!"

"Damn!"

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #509 on: June 25, 2008, 07:24:33 PM »
Those three are so cute together! I'm glad that Ayumi let go of some of her shyness and is getting along well with Mai and Ayaka.

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #510 on: June 26, 2008, 07:00:55 AM »
Ayumi is so cute!!!! :wub: Aww....I wonder if Rika prefers to be kept in the dark about the politics or to know about them ..hmm

On a side note, yeah! tomorrow is my last paper! Maybe it won't break your heart..I don't know :D

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #511 on: June 26, 2008, 07:19:25 AM »
I know I haven't been commenting! Gomen ne~
Wow, Aya's borrowing money from Yossy, huh? Well, I hope her plan works and everything turns out ok then. Sayu sounds so perfect! She knows exactly what she wants and how to get it. Rika being concerned about Yossy just melts my heart, really. She wants to make sure she's fed and safe. AWWWWWWW! You really know how to touch someone's heart, tru_harmony!  :lol: at Mai! And Shiba-chan seems a little jealous that Rika calls Ayaka all the time.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #512 on: June 26, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »
Those three are so cute together! I'm glad that Ayumi let go of some of her shyness and is getting along well with Mai and Ayaka.

... Rika's "status" kinda offers her some guarantee that she won't get fired if she pisses any of them off!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: J/k

Ayumi is so cute!!!! :wub:

she really is!!!

On a side note, yeah! tomorrow is my last paper! Maybe it won't break your heart..I don't know :D

... ... YOU'LL BREAK MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cry: ...

I know I haven't been commenting! Gomen ne~

it's okey dokey down here...

Sayu sounds so perfect! She knows exactly what she wants and how to get it.

YEAH SAYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... i hope we get to see her again later on...

Rika being concerned about Yossy just melts my heart, really. She wants to make sure she's fed and safe. AWWWWWWW! You really know how to touch someone's heart, tru_harmony! 

... thank you... I'm glad that I've touched hearts here... makes me feel like writing an update...

And Shiba-chan seems a little jealous that Rika calls Ayaka all the time.

if I was Rika's bff and she called someone else all the time, I'd be jealous too...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitomi finally descended to the cafeteria. Hungry or not, she was going to eat lunch. Rika's orders.

She approached the counter where the lunchlady stood. On her tray now was a bowl of soup and another of salad. "Mineral water, please?"

The lunchlady gave her a bottle of mineral water which Hitomi placed beside the salad bowl. Hitomi walked away from the counter, away from the dumbfounded lunchlady who wasn't just surprised at the tardiness of the president for the lunch hour. She was also surprised at how meager Hitomi's meal was.

Hitomi proceeded to their 'assigned' lunch table. The three were still sitting and chatting among themselves.

"Lunch hour ended 15 minutes ago. What are you three still doing here? Get back to work..." Hitomi set her tray on the table and sat down beside Ayumi, across Ayaka.

Ayaka covered her mouth with her hand after a gasp. "Oh-my-god... Mai, Is this the return of the Pre-Rika Yoshiko?"

"Nah... I don't think so... She's late for lunch..." 

Hitomi ignored Ayaka's comment. "I had a meeting..."

Mai suddenly stood up and exclaimed. "Oh-my-god!!! Ayaka, this is the return of the Pre-Rika Yoshiko!"

Ayumi sat still. She turned to the company president. "Well, before you fire us all, Ms. President, your first lady called..."

"... She called? ... ..." Hitomi accidentally dropped her fork.

Ayaka gave her an evil grin. "Yes... And she asked if you were eating lunch with us..."

"What did you tell her?"

Mai, now seated again crossed her arms."Of course, we told her that you weren't eating lunch with us..."

"And... ... ...?"

"And what?" Ayumi raised an eyebrow at the president. Revenge for overtime work can't be sweeter than this.

"What did she say?"

"She told us to remind you to eat..." Ayaka stared the big boss down.

"... She didn't sound mad, did she...?"

Ayumi placed a hand on Hitomi's shoulder. "... She didn't. But she will get mad if you fire any of us for waiting down here to remind you."

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #513 on: June 26, 2008, 02:07:05 PM »
Mai suddenly stood up and exclaimed. "Oh-my-god!!! Ayaka, this is the return of the Pre-Rika Yoshiko!"

Ayumi sat still. She turned to the company president. "Well, before you fire us all, Ms. President, your first lady called..."

"... She called? ... ..." Hitomi accidentally dropped her fork.

Ayaka gave her an evil grin. "Yes... And she asked if you were eating lunch with us..."

"What did you tell her?"

Mai, now seated again crossed her arms."Of course, we told her that you weren't eating lunch with us..."

"And... ... ...?"

"And what?" Ayumi raised an eyebrow at the president. Revenge for overtime work can't be sweeter than this.

"What did she say?"

"She told us to remind you to eat..." Ayaka stared the big boss down.

"... She didn't sound mad, did she...?"

Ayumi placed a hand on Hitomi's shoulder. "... She didn't. But she will get mad if you fire any of us for waiting down here to remind you."
My god, this is freaking hilarious!  :rofl: First lady..haha the power of RIKA!!!!!!!! XD Update update! Somemore tomorrow is the 'life' (aka bio) test. Need laughter to keep up with the information seeping into my mind :lol: I'm loving this :)

On a side side note, I have 1 and a half scene left to write for chap 23. Yeah :lol:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #514 on: June 26, 2008, 03:22:27 PM »
My god, this is freaking hilarious!   First lady..haha the power of RIKA!!!!!!!!  Update update! Somemore tomorrow is the 'life' (aka bio) test. Need laughter to keep up with the information seeping into my mind  I'm loving this 

On a side side note, I have 1 and a half scene left to write for chap 23. Yeah

sorry this one came out a bit slow... I'll be looking forward to that chapter, girl...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hitomi, after her meal was escorted by her 'staff' back to her office. No one was getting fired. Not today. Ayumi played the girlfriend's bestfriend card pretty well in combination with the 'we're doing this in behalf of your girlfriend' card.

Hitomi just wanted peace and quiet now. The three were driving her nuts. "Um... Can I go home now?"

"Well, Yoshiko... You really aren't Pre-Rika Yoshiko anymore! It's just about 3:00pm... Office closes at 5:00."

"... Um..." Hitomi thought quick. "I just got Rika's pregnancy test results... I'm pretty sure she would want to see it ASAP..."

Ayumi was shocked. "What?! What pregnancy test?!" Although Rika did tell her about what happened, the thought of pregnancy didn't really cross her mind.

Hitomi scratched behind her ear awkwardly. "We went to the doctor yesterday and had her tested..."

"What did the results say?" Ayaka was a wee bit nervous about the results.

Hitomi closed her eyes and kept her head down low. "... ... .. Negative."

"That's good news, ne~?

"... Yeah." Hitomi looked out the window-- the rain hasn't stopped yet. "I better get home now... Rika might need me there..."

Ayaka knew there was no point in arguing with Hitomi about the matter. "~Fine... Mai will cover for you... Go, Ms. President, send our regards to the first lady..."

"Yeah... I'll cov-- Hey!" Mai immediately received a slap on the arm from Ayumi.

"Yes, Mai will cover for you. See you tomorrow, Yocchan..."

==

Hitomi drove at a slow pace through the rain even though the streets were deserted. Rika told her to drive carefully. If something happens to Hitomi, Rika's status in the country would be revoked and she would be forced to move back to Japan. Better safe than sorry.

"My first lady..." Hitomi chuckled at saying the words first lady. The empress to the empire, perhaps? After all, Rika unknowingly and unintentionally has given something to the company.

==

Hitomi rushed up the condo building to get home. It was 3:45 already. It really was a slow drive through the city.

"I'm home, Ka-chan!!!"

No one responded. But she knew Rika was in the kitchen. The flat smelled good. It smelled like something good is on the stove.

"~Ka-chan~... ~Your To-chan is home~..."

Hitomi walked slowly to the kitchen. She was pretty surprised at what she saw.

Rika had her hair tied in a ponytail, struggling with a noodle cutter.

"Ka-chan!"

Rika was surprised. It seems she didn't hear the earlier calls of Hitomi. "Itai!" She accidentally cut her own finger.

"Rika!"

On the counter in front of Rika was a cutting board with folded dough. She was making soba noodles.

Hitomi immediately took the injured finger to the sink and washed away the blood. "Does it hurt?"

"Only a little" Rika struggled to keep herself from wincing in pain.

"Gomen..." I shouldn't have surprised you like that. It was a small wound. Nothing a strip of band-aid couldn't fix. Hitomi was about to go to the medicine cabinet to get a strip when Rika stopped her. "No, It's okay. Small wound like this heal quicker in open air."

Hitomi held Rika's hand and gave the wounded finger a kiss. "There... That should fix it..."

"Yeah..."

"What were you doing anyway?"

"I was making soba..."

"I think I have instant soba here... You didn't have to make the noodles yourself..."

"I just thought a hot bowl of homemade soba would be good for this kind of weather..."

"... Yeah... soba is good during rainy days..."

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #515 on: June 26, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »
No need for apologies girl! The First Lady thing is cracking me up! :) Hmm...still raining...oh well, Rika will be good for Yossi no matter whether it is rain or typhoon..

On a side note, hope that the typhoon has stopped over there. I just watched the news. Oh god. Hope that things are fine. :grin:

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #516 on: June 27, 2008, 03:07:04 AM »
^the typhoon has left early this week... horrible typhoon... yeah, I hope things would turn out fine here.

...annyway... I probably won't be updating for the next couple of days... my thesis is haunting me... my family is out to get me to stop writing... my rabu-rabu doesn't like it that i'm updating "too much"...

... i just need time to get out of the hot water for now... so there...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayumi stood impatiently by the tricycle terminal outside Jr's school along Dapitan St. She volunteered to fetch the boy. She told her sister that she was running errands in the area anyway so might as well do some multi tasking.

She was stone faced for a while but the sudden vibration from her cellphone broke her exterior in surprise. It was a text message from Dan.

She forced a smile on her face as she waited outside the school gates. It was almost four in the afternoon. Jr would be out in a few minutes.

The boy finally emerged from the gates, not at all please at seeing his aunt waiting for him. She took away his Ate Rika. Nonetheless, he walked up to her as it was expected of him. "Hi po..."

The woman took Jr's hand and started to walk to the corner to wait for a jeepney. The boy suddenly had an idea.

"Tita, puwede po bang dumaan muna tayo sa inyo?" (Tita, Is it alright for us to pass by your house first?)

"Bakit mo naman gustong dumaan sa amin, iho?" (Why would you want to go there, dear?)

"Gusto ko lang po dalawin si Ate Rika..." (I just want to visit Ate Rika...)

Mayumi faked sadness on her face. "Eh, Jr... hindi na sa amin nakatira si Rika ngayon..." (Ah, Jr... Rika doesn't live with us anymore)

The boy stopped dead in his tracks and looked up to his aunt. "Po? Bakita po?" (What? Why?)

"... Jr, matanda na ang Ate Rika mo. Di na namin siya puwedeng itali sa amin kung ayaw na niya..." (...Jr, your Ate Rika is old enough... We can't tie her down with us if she doesn't want to stay with us anymore...)

"Saan na po siya nakatira ngayon?" (Where does she live now?)

"Hindi nga namin alam e..." (We don't know...)

"Ganoon po ba?" (Is that so?) The boy just looked down. He missed his Ate Rika so much. No one's been tutoring him since she left their home.

"O, wag ka nang malungkot dyan... Malay mo, dalawin niya tayo minsan..." (Don't be sad... Who knows? She might visit us sometime soon...)

"Sana nga po! Gusto ko na po talaga siyang makita." (I hope so! I really want to see her soon)

Mayumi kept the boy's hand in hers as they arrived at the corner to wait for a jeepney. The rain on this side of the city ended about an hour and a half ago. Some street were flooded. Hence, there was a shortage of public transport. Mayumi hoped no jeepney would arrive. She felt her cellphone vibrate in her pocket. It's show time...

At the corner of her eye, she saw the beat up pick up truck that Dan stole was already in place. She craned her neck and looked at the other side of the road which was teeming with commuters, mostly students. "Si Rika ba yun?"
She said aloud to make sure that the boy heard her.

"Po?" (Huh?)

"Hayun, o? Di ba si Rika yung nakatalikod na yun?" (There, see? Isn't that Rika?) She pointed to a random woman with long hair who was walking on that side of the street.

"Di naman po ata siya yun e..." The boy too, craned his neck and tried to see the face of the woman his aunt was pointing at.

"Puntahan mo. Anak ko yata si Rika! Kahit anong anggulo, alam ko ang mukha niya" (Go to her. Rika is my daughter, after all! I know her face from any angle)

The boy got excited. Of course! Who was he to doubt his aunt's ability to recognize her 'own' daughter? He quickly let go of Mayumi's hand and started to run across the empty street. "ATE RIKA!!!!"

The moment his foot touched the asphalt, a black pick up truck without a license plate zoomed from where it was parked and hit the boy.

"JR!" Mayumi ran to where the boy laid. Is he dead?

The pick up truck gained speed after impact and successfully escaped.

The boy was thrown a few feet away from where his body met with the trucks'. He laid there, motionless, almost falling unconscious "Ate Rika..." He said weakly. Looking to the side of the street where he thought he would find his Ate Rika. The woman he was going to run to, it wasn't Rika. He was sure because he saw the woman's face as he became a spectalve. After recmoposing herself from the shock, she just walked away.

"Tulong, ambulansya, pulis, kahit sino! Tulungan ninyo kami!" (Help, ambulance, police, anybody! Help us!) Mayumi screamed hysterically to the bystanders but all that is in her mind right now was the anticipation of Rika's return.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 05:55:12 AM by tru_harmony »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #517 on: June 27, 2008, 07:02:08 AM »
The whole thing with the first lady was gold!!!! Love it! And Mai, she seems a little scatterbrained. Then again, if the game results on Haromoni@ have any truth, she really isn't too bright. But she's still cool! Oi, Yossy made Rika cut herself! But then the kiss makes it all better. Aw, Rika isn't pregnant. I guess that's better but I feel like Yossy. I was getting myself excited. Oh well. Mayumi is evil! She planned for Jr to get hit, huh? That Dan guy or someone else was driving the truck. And now she gonna use the excuse that Jr is hurt to lure Rika back! Ahhhh! I'm scared! :shocked:

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #518 on: June 27, 2008, 07:45:45 AM »
wowowowo

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm here~~  :P

first lady!! mauajajjaja  :mon XD: it was hilarious XD

and then... chan chan chaaaaaaaaaan  :cry:

poor boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mon closeup: they're so bad~~  :mon hanky: ate rika~~ help~~  :mon runcry:

i want to know what'll happen!!

waiting a update~~   :mon wtf:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #519 on: June 27, 2008, 10:31:53 AM »
Surprise guest appearance:

I'm with tito! Lets get a flashback to the Yossy/Aya fight... and then I would loooove to see Miki/Aya just after it when the finally officially get together, awwwwwwwww (my heart is melting at that thought, and GAM hasn't done that to me for a looong time).
Rika isn't pregnant :cry: I was hoping she somehow was, that would have been so nice... I wonder if they feel uncomfortable with the Ka-san/To-san nicknames now :(

I don't remember whatelse I was gonna comment on about the story :P

Massive good luck on your thesis, that does come first! We can wait, you now it ;)

@tito: WOW, you're so dedicated! You've been studying bio for ages before the actual exam, I can never do that... I study 3 days MAX before a huge exam :oops: Hence why I never have time to go through everything :lol:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: God`s Guts - Surfing With the Show