JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Gamble Funk

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread  (Read 81840 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »
Ol' Georgie gittin' hitched, and to a roite deelicious babe.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
Hmm, so it seems that JJ Abrams will be directing Ep VII, if its a solid lock.

CinemaBlend.com
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2013, 09:11:56 PM »
Hmm, so it seems that JJ Abrams will be directing Ep VII, if its a solid lock.

CinemaBlend.com

werd. here's the article and thoughts:

Disney makes it official: JJ Abrams to direct seventh installment of 'Star Wars' franchise

By The Associated Press January 26, 2013 12:02 AM

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - It's official. The force is with J.J. Abrams.

The Walt Disney Co. issued a statement Friday night confirming reports that had been circulating for two days that Abrams, Emmy-award-winning creator of TV's "Lost" and director of 2009's "Star Trek" movie, has been pegged to direct the seventh installment of the "Star Wars" franchise.

"J.J. is the perfect director to helm this," said Kathleen Kennedy, the movie's producer and president of Lucasfilm, which was acquired by Disney last month for $4.06 billion.

"Beyond having such great instincts as a filmmaker, he has an intuitive understanding of this franchise. He understands the essence of the Star Wars experience," Kennedy said in the statement.

The movie will have a script from "Toy Story 3" writer Michael Arndt and a 2015 release.

Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" in the original trilogy, will work as a consultant on the new project.

Abrams has already headed the reboot of another storied space franchise, "Star Trek," for rival studio Paramount Pictures. The next installment in that series, "Star Trek: Into Darkness," is set to hit theatres May 17.

But he has long been known as a "Star Wars" devotee. Abrams spoke about the plot of the original "Star Wars" in the lecture series "TED Talks" in March 2007, and reportedly became enamoured of "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof partly because Lindelof was wearing a "Star Wars" T-shirt when they first met.

In 2009, Abrams told the Los Angeles Times: "As a kid, 'Star Wars' was much more my thing than 'Star Trek' was."

In Friday night's statement he called it an "absolute honour" to get the job.

"I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid," Abrams said.

Lucas himself said in the statement that "I've consistently been impressed with J.J. as a filmmaker and storyteller. He's an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn't be in better hands."

via http://www.edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/Disney+makes+official+Abrams+direct+seventh+installment/7875377/story.html

Is it gonna be like a reboot??? This is gonna be interesting. BRING BACK LUKE!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2013, 08:32:55 PM »
Spinoff movies of a young Han Solo and Boba Fett confirmed. May as well. I always thought 'the skywalkers are the most important people in the universe' bit was restricting, when its a universe as rich in possibility as that.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2013, 06:30:05 PM »
I'll mos def be looking forward to these spin-off movies, especially Boba Fett's.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2013, 05:56:05 PM »
Harrison Ford has signed on for Episode VII.... so the rumor suggests.

FirstShowing.net

"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2013, 06:50:59 PM »
Awesome big pic is both awesome and big.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »

Offline scratchdnote5

• Collars
  • ecchi
  • Writer's block forever.
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2013, 09:54:09 PM »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2013, 04:22:02 AM »
Check out this new take on Star Wars saga: https://apps.facebook.com/chroniclebooks/Exclusives
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/books/darth-vaders-little-princess-sith-lord-no-match-for-teen-leia/#/8

This is cute :lol:

can't believe they are coming back for Star Wars 7?!?!

:doh:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #130 on: December 25, 2013, 06:22:49 AM »
Which "Star Wars" Character Are You?

Fuck yeah, I got Yoda.
 :rockon:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2014, 08:55:14 AM »
Which "Star Wars" Character Are You?

Fuck yeah, I got Yoda.
 :rockon:
You got: Princess Leia
Not only did you bring down an evil empire, but you’re also so hot that even your own brother wanted a piece.
As a guy, I must say I'm quite flattered. :oops:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2014, 02:47:14 AM »
Doing full-scale versions of this would be a really interesting challenge...methinks. :)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2014, 05:26:15 PM »
Georges St-Pierre would like to play a villain in the new 'Star Wars' trilogy
As heroic as St-Pierre was throughout his entire UFC career, the popular fighter would much rather travel to the dark side for a part in 'Star Wars'

April 22, 2014 2:00 PM | By FOX Sports

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is currently rehabilitating from his recent surgery to repair damage to the ACL in his knee, but that doesn't stop the paparazzi from grabbing the Canadian for an interview whenever he's out in public.

TMZ recently caught up with St-Pierre while he was walking out of a hospital on crutches, and happened to broach a different subject with the former champion -- most notably his budding acting career.

St-Pierre recently starred in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier,' where he played French mercenary Georges Batroc. In the film, St-Pierre's character does battle with the first Avenger in a pretty substantial scene to the overall plot of the movie.

With his UFC career on hold for the foreseeable future, St-Pierre might have some more acting opportunities open up for him on the heels of his role in the 'Captain America' sequel. The Canadian star was asked about another superhero franchise he might be interested in pursuing a role in, and St-Pierre decided to instead turn his attention to a galaxy far, far away.

"I'm a big fan of 'Star Wars,'" St-Pierre said. "I know they are doing (part) seven, eight and nine."

Filming on "Star Wars: Episode VII" recently began in London, with other parts of the movie taking place in other locations such as Abu Dhabi. The film, directed by "Lost" co-creator J.J. Abrams, will be the first of a new set of trilogies following the original "Star Wars" movies released between 1977 and 1983.

Very little casting news has been revealed about the new movie, so there certainly could be an opening for St-Pierre in this or one of the upcoming sequels. One thing the former UFC champ knows for sure, he doesn't want to pick up a lightsaber and join the Jedi knights.

As heroic as St-Pierre was throughout his entire UFC career, the popular fighter would much rather travel to the dark side for a part in "Star Wars."

"Villain," St-Pierre answered when asked who he'd like to play in "Star Wars." "Villains are way more charismatic."

Georges Vader? Boba St-Pierre? The possibilities are endless.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://sports.ca.msn.com/headlines/georges-st-pierre-would-like-to-play-a-villain-in-the-new-star-wars-trilogy

I could support this. Just imagine a "What if?" fight between Darth Maul and a character with GSP's skills? :yep: :rockon:

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »
He was way fun to watch in Winter Soldier (though I am biased because I was fangirling over having Batroc in the movie but w/e I'm off topic), so I wouldn't mind seeing him in Star Wars!

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2014, 08:23:15 PM »
Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Announced

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2014, 10:11:35 PM »
'Star Wars: Episode VII' Is Called 'The Force Awakens'

"Star Wars: Episode VII" finally has its title. J.J. Abrams' film is called "The Force Awakens." The news was announced by Star Wars' Twitter and Facebook accounts on Thursday to coincide with the completion of principal photography.

"Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" is out in theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.

LINKS
- http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/news/star-wars-episode-vii-is-called-the-force-awakens/ar-BBdkIQC
- https://twitter.com/starwars/status/530404275957293056
- https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/photos/a.184244804960462.62918.169299103121699/844459488938987

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Super Butter Dog - Gamble Funk