JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Malice Mizer - Beast of Blood

Author Topic: Survival Horror "& similars" thread  (Read 34407 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Survival Horror "& similars" thread
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2014, 11:20:39 PM »
Finally! The idea of a new Fatal Frame game for the Wii U was surely too good an opportunity to pass up and sure enough, they just announced it! For Japan only at the minute and no Western release date in sight. Live in hope though!

It's the game that perfectly utilises the Wii U controller as it can actually become your camera.  I'm amazed that it's taken that long. Now they also need to capitalise on it with a Pokemon Snap game!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2014, 12:09:18 PM »
While I love the Fatal Frame games, I seriously can't imagine myself sitting in front of the tv and holding a Wii U pad in front of my face.
But that's just old conservative me  8)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2014, 09:48:30 PM »
Coming out of nowhere is the release of an interactive teaser called P.T. for an upcoming game for the PS4

You think the reactions look fake, but having watched a playthrough myself, I can say that I was completely enthralled and genuinely a little creeped out by it. It looks gorgeous, the slow buildup of atmosphere and scares is more effective than in any horror game I've seen lately and it seems well worth playing if you have a PS4. Just be prepared for a walkthrough handy for the 2nd half though, as the puzzles get more and more obtuse, at one point it becomes a pixel hunter which isn't great. But even so, what a great way to announce a game, far better than any press release.

Best thing of all though? Is the reveal at the end of the game...

*SPOILERS IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY/WATCH*

A cutscene starts to play and names start to get revealed. Hideo Kojima. Guillermo Del Toro. Norman Reedus. And finally the name gets revealed. Silent Hills. If the teaser is indicative of the type of game it will be, then it's enough reason to get excited for a new Silent Hill game at long last.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2014, 02:03:08 PM »
Tried out The Evil Within at a friend's place. It basically feels like Resident Evil (particularly 4 and "3.5") + Silent Hill + The Last of Us. I got up to the fifth chapter before I decided to stop playing. He says the game's about 16-17 hours long on average. Apparently, more of the story will be revealed in the upcoming DLCs, where you'll be controlling other characters.
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Malice Mizer - Beast of Blood