JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aki-la - Freak da Club

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 77001 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Heroes
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 02:24:35 AM »
Next week, looks like they get to save the girl!

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 03:50:25 PM »
It seems like Mohinder has some sort of powers.  Or, his sister (i'm assuming that's his sister who looks like a boy) has powers in the Afterworld/Heaven/Soul Society/Whatever you wanna call it, where she can communicate with him.  Cuz  really, how can Mohinder find out about the conversation his parents had?  I dunno, i didn't really see how that was possible.

So, glasses guy seems to be releasing their powers, but in a shady way.  Dude kidnaps them, blacks them out, then leaves them to understand it on their own =P  If he's there to help, why didn't he help out cop guy or radioactive man?  Kinda funny how he got the girl to make druggie take drugs again =P  I'm guessing shorthair girl has some trusting power or something?

Hiro musta did something, since he was in the picture in the end.  That means he was 'successful' in meeting her back in the past if that pic was taken.

Quote from: ohbahsan;235081
The storyline is advancing at such a snail pace that it's starting to get boring now :ONbored:

Next week its probably back to boring Nikki/DL and the Brothers storyline...  I don't like those ones.  At least the kid has powers, and knows who his mom is.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 03:52:37 PM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline nazokage

• rika ishikawa's boyfreind (i wish)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 03:49:38 AM »
Yes i love the show seen everyone so far... intresting monday episode ... i thought the memerize girl was intresting ... will be intresting to see if hiro is able to save her or how it turns out from him trying to save her... i am also intrested in seeing new people and learning more about the crazy lady/go through walls guy's son who made the phone work without money and while it was out of order.... something to do with control over electronics or something?
and on the note of mohinder... i wouldent be surpised if he did have powers every leader of a group has powers so wouldent be surprised if he did... been meaning to check out the online comic.. but been working too much but anyway its awesome show :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 03:51:54 AM by nazokage »

credit to arian and strawchan for picts

Offline sumper

• Member+
Heroes
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 06:00:18 AM »
Quote from: Ayabie;226376
I still don't get what's so great about Nikki's powers. :lol:
I don't think so. Doesn't even seem like he's got powers. For now, I'd say he's neutral.

i think nikki's powers are like the bruce banners (the hulk), it's a multipersonality thing, that is super strong and she can't control. i think because she can't control the alterego, she's neither a good or bad character (just like the hulk.):popcorn:
~sumper~

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
Heroes
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 10:40:02 AM »
O.K., Lets do a rundown of people and powers in this show. I'll hide this just in case of spoilers.

Peter Petrelli - Can copy anybodys power if he's near them. Basicly he's like the Marvel Universe's Mimic.

Nathan Petrelli - Flight. And damn does this guy have some speed.

Isaac Mendez - Can paint the future. When he's high.

Hiro Nakamura - Time travel, time freeze, and teleportation. Hasn't really got a hold of the whole teleportation and time travel thing.

Claire Bennett - Quick healing. Hates herself so much I think in season 2 she'll start cutting herself.

Matt Parkman - Mind reading.

Niki Sanders - Possesses a split personality with super strength.

D.L. Hawkins - Intangibility (Phase through people and objects)

Micah Sanders - Electronics manipulation and repair. A young mutant Tony Stark.

Charlie (Waitress in the south west) - Can remember anything.

Ted Sprague - Radiation Emmission.

If there is anyone I forgot, please post.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 08:30:18 PM »
Sylar?  has like multiple powers.  If i remember, he has high jumping ability, can't be stopped by bullets so some defense thing, can move objects with his mind, can force you to physically do things, can cut your head with his finger.

The black dude who doesn't talk.  He can block mind reading, block out your memory, and can also help unleash your powers.

Ok, so I was wrong about the little kid being mohinder's little sister.  I thought it wasn't, but people kept saying he was... so i just went with the flow.  So yeah, that little soccer kid has powers too, can go in your dreams.

-----

Yeah, Jessica can rip people in half and is ruthless.  So i guess she's super strong.  She's slightly better now... Who thinks she didn't hit DL?  I don't! =)

re: episode 9, i was thinking, the cheerleader isn't really saved yet.  Since Druggie guy painted that image of Peter dead on the floor, that means that was supposed to happen already.  So really, it could mean that nothing/fate hasn't changed yet?
word.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Heroes
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 08:40:53 PM »
Then there's whatsherface with the huge eyes.  The one who was helping Mohinder and does that mind control/persuasion thing. (maybe only with guys?)
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
Heroes
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2006, 05:53:14 AM »
^she looks like Summer from the O.C

is she?

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline nazokage

• ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2006, 04:23:23 PM »
thought it was cool in the last episode the way syler just put his finger near the head and cut it open that scence was pretty cool... and i thought that it was cool  when they fell off the roof... if she hadent come close to peter he probally would have died looking forward to next week!

Offline nazokage

• ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2006, 04:43:21 AM »
great episode this week but it sucked that he couldent save the memorization chick espcially since they were in love

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 01:37:29 PM »
So, after seeing the flashback episode... what exactly is Sylar's powers?

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
Heroes
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 01:59:11 PM »
I think he can actually take peoples powers by eating their brains.
And his jealousy of the other heroes is making him hunt them down and kill them.
I'm not entirely sure but he didn't really have any power until he killed that guy that could move stuff with his mind.

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 02:13:26 PM »
Quote from: Ayabie;246926
So, after seeing the flashback episode... what exactly is Sylar's powers?

Another way to think of is that Sylar has power that incorporated that fat guy's skill that can move objects around, as well as his own (a power that is similar to him taking watches apart). That's why he slices people's head around and takes their brains out (just like how you remove a watch by removing the circle plates from the back of a watch and then remove the components apart).
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 10:37:06 PM »
I think Sylar's original powers are something to do with some super sense for something that's not 'correct' or 'fixed'.

Remember before killing the fat guy with the telekenesis powers, he had an ability to look into his brain or something, he saw some gears, and he said something like, "You're Broken".  Then he realized what the professor was saying, something about the brain and fitting puzzles together.  

I think he just realized there's something in the brain that holds people's powers, and he could take them and fit it into himself.
word.

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
Heroes
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2006, 11:05:35 PM »
Interesting.. Thanks for the explanations about Sylar.  I was just going to ask about him since I wasn't really paying attention when I watched it :ONsad:

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
Heroes
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 11:22:19 PM »
loved the '6 months ago' episode..

yup.. definitely. i think sylar's power is he could 'fix' things.. and people with extraordinary powers are considered broken..

but based on the number of people he's killed, he must have gained a lot of powers by now..

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline shusakusai

• ecchi
Heroes
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 02:55:18 AM »
At the moment, the powers he has gathered are moving stuff with mind, super memory I assume (after killing that girl in the cafe) althought I guess we don't know what's going to happen with that since hiro might do something, he also has that power he uses to cut peoples heads open like he did with the cheerleader by pointing his finger at her head. The thing that I want to see though is the guy that absorbs peoples powers against sylar, since he could use ALL of sylar's powers, I know they've had one encounter already but it didn't last very long.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Heroes
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 09:11:35 AM »
Finally caught an episode..the so-called "explain all" one haha. A little lost, but looks really promising. Next week someone dies oooh ahh

The Japanese guy is funny. Ali Larter is :jerk:

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2006, 04:14:06 AM »
so now we know that Sylar's power is somewhat the same as Peter's but Sylar consumes the power instead of "borrowing" it (like Rogue in X-Men). And this show is getting more intense and mystery as more things are coming out while others being solve!

and we know now that Peter could be the cause of the explosion (like he said and what Issac drew (the red flamming man) ) but how come? I really want to watch more!

And The Haitian's identity is still unknown to me. He talked to Claire only but it seems to me that he tries to do something. I feel like he is trying to work against Claire's father.
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Heroes
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »
Epic cliffhanger is epic.

A whole bunch of stuff happened I don't even know where to start. Hiro fighting a dinosaur, wielding only a katana? OH SHI- I'm not worried about him stepping on a bug, I'm worried about the dinosaur. :lol: Also, it seems like Haitian guy has some kind of agenda of is his own. Cool.

I'm upset over the death of Eden, but at least she wasn't killed by Sylar. Nice move of her. And.. WHAT HAPPENED TO PETER AT THE END? Sudden blackout was weird, as well as the future explosion. Overwhelmed by all of the powers?

Sylar is free again, yay.

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aki-la - Freak da Club