JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - Tonight

Author Topic: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)  (Read 731340 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)
« Reply #1540 on: April 11, 2008, 04:58:13 AM »
Go-Onger 8 is out~!!
I knew there was something I was forgetting to post. :lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #1541 on: April 11, 2008, 06:31:02 AM »
Kiva 08 is out!!!
 :muffin: :muffin:

And Century Kings released KR Black ep. 36 torrent
 :muffin: :muffin:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline teth

• Member+
« Reply #1542 on: April 12, 2008, 01:34:53 PM »
I went to an early showing of the DenKiva movie. There was actually an event where we could shake hands and take a pic with Den-O and Kiva.

Here are pictures (lol that's me...yes...):

After a bit of a delay (with so many kids and such), we finally got into the theater. Den-O and Kiva of course appeared again for us. There was a lottery thing for prizes (I think they were the Den-O and Kiva belts).

This kid that was four seats away from me got it.

anyway..on to the movie....

Here are the SPOILERS SPOILERS...

The film itself...

Random comments:

- Story-wise, it pretty much centers around the new character Kazuya (and his growth/problems blah blah). It's not necessarily not interesting but it feels as though Ryotaro..as a character...lacked depth. Like a secondary character...
- Wataru doesn't appear that much. He seemed kinda tagged on really. He first appeared when digging for some stuff he buried long ago for his violins. Ryotaro and Kazuya happened to be around (Kazuya then thought he was suspicious so wanted to arrest him). Momo tried to go into Ryotaro's body but was kicked out by Ura. He then flew into Wataru by accident. That's basically the scene in the pics you see of a M Wataru.
- Practically no fangires this time in monster form. Only one at the beginning. All the other 'fangires' stayed in human form the whole time.
- Crazy Australian bad girl (of course there's always an evil foreigner). Memorable scenes of her would be one when she's guarding the door that locked Kazuya away. Yuto wonders how to rescue him when he saw she had a gun. Ura then took control of Yuto and of course...did his magic. He almost got the gun when the girl realized what was going on and fought back. :laugh: U Yuto is...not bad. lol
- Kohana...I never really liked her in the series, but she had a lot of good moments. She beats up Momo whenever necessary. Also, she single-handedly beat up a few fangires(humans?not sure) and that Australian girl. It's hilarious. :laugh:
- I like how R Ryotaro was arresting everyone he thought looked like a criminal.
- Ryu and Airi. Their encounter was short but a very nice touch to satisfy Ryu fans. lol (He got shy around her but got a bento from her.)
- Negatoros...I thought he was weak. Granted, he was beating Den-O (though lost later to Den-O and Kiva)...but...he seemed easily beaten. I suppose that's the case with most Den-O villains though.
- When Nega attacks the Denliner with his train, Kiva's dragon castle thing (sorry dont know what it's called) came and rescued them. While that is fine...but does that mean that that castle is capable of certain time travel abilities? (confused)

Overall:
I liked it. It was like a SP aired on TV (amazing hearing the opening credits/Climax Jump in a movie theater).

But,

I felt it lacked something...story-wise. I suppose I just feel the whole police theme is kind of...lame. But, DEN-O has never been that serious so I suppose it's unavoidable. I just wish the story focused on Ryotaro more.

And to note, this is NOT a sequel...per-se. Sato Takeru has said in an interview that this is not. It's more like...a side-story with a different premise. But, ultimately, it doesn't really matter.

As for goods, apparently they were sold out insanely quickly all over the country. I got there at like 10 and the phone straps (and other stuff) were already sold out.

Here are the stuff I got:

Basically the tote bag (with the same design as those shirts that they're selling on bandai's site), a pamphlet, a file folder, and those things you put under paper when you write.

I need to order the phone strap! :buttrock:

For those interested, here's the site of the goods: http://www.den-kiva-movie.net/

Anyway, overall, pretty good experience. Will now wait for DVD.

Also there was a trailer for the summer Kiva movie...

SPOILERS?

There actually isn't that much new footage, so I don't really know what it will be about. BUT, what's interesting is that the first thing we see is Wataru's back. He's biting on the neck of a woman. He drops her and turns around, looking pale with blood all over his mouth.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1543 on: April 12, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »
T-N has released the first ep of Tomica Heroes Rescue Force.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1544 on: April 13, 2008, 02:38:24 AM »
Just an FYI teth, you can hide the spoilers by changing the color of the text and background to be the same:
Code: [Select]
[color=insert color here]*YOUR TEXT*[/color]
[bgcolor=insert color here]*YOUR TEXT*[/bgcolor]

Anyways, I just spent the last few days finishing the entire KR: Agito series.  Pretty damn intense/dramatic. Particularly enjoyed the dynamic between Shouichi and Hikawa :D. And DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN there were so many cute girls in it!  :inlove:

All that's left for me now is to watch the ~Project G4~ movie, which I'll probably do tomorrow. :thumbsup

Also saw TVN's Kiva 8. Gotta say, WTF is up with Jiro in 1986? If he has a thing for Yuri, he sure has a weird way of expressing it.  Oh, and the very ending bit of the ep = XD

EDIT: Looks like the Koreans are starting to get into Kabuto. http://www.masked-rider.co.kr/ :O
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 06:53:56 AM by JFC »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1545 on: April 13, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »
Just watched the latest eps for Go-Onger, Kiva, and Tomica Heroes Rescue Force, all raw.

Now I know where Megumi gets her eating habits from, and it was good to see what happened with Nago, that arrogant fuck.
Can't wait to see them subbed.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1546 on: April 14, 2008, 02:49:09 AM »
OHSNAP!!! ONE OF THE POLICE COMMANDERS IN THE ~PROJECT G4~ MOVIE IS PLAYED BY FUJIOKA HIROSHI (aka the ORIGINAL KAMEN RIDER/KAMEN RIDER ICHIGO)!!!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1547 on: April 14, 2008, 02:54:17 AM »
got to see an episode of the current one(kiva, i believe. forgive me for not knowing) really cool motorcycle scene in which one bike road to the top of the tunnel. wicked stuff

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1548 on: April 14, 2008, 11:01:53 PM »
^ Glad to see you liked it dude. :)

If you're looking for subbed eps, you can just go to www.tvnihon.com for them. You can grab them from their tracker, or you can go into their forums and grab them from their Direct DL section (no registration required). :)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1549 on: April 15, 2008, 12:03:10 AM »
T-N's doubled up Kiva with 9 and 10 released.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1550 on: April 15, 2008, 12:06:03 AM »
^ WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! TIME TO GET OUR FIST ON!!! :rockon:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #1551 on: April 15, 2008, 02:12:37 AM »
T-N's doubled up Kiva with 9 and 10 released.

Nice! :rockon:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1552 on: April 15, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »
T-N has released ep 2 of Tomica Heroes Rescue Force, and Order Of Zeronos has released ep 12 of Kiva.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1553 on: April 16, 2008, 01:09:54 AM »
Kamen Rider apparently loves Kirari Revolution
http://fcti.multiply.com/video/item/358 - epic LULZ at Faiz in the background XD

Also, from the upcoming CLIMAX DEKA movie (Den-O/Kiva), it's...

DOULBE-ACTION CLIMAX FORM!!! :rockon:
[youtube=425,355]-TpzCAaK5no[/youtube] Ii jan! Ii jan PORISU-MAN! :lol:

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1554 on: April 16, 2008, 01:12:44 AM »
^ Glad to see you liked it dude. :)

If you're looking for subbed eps, you can just go to www.tvnihon.com for them. You can grab them from their tracker, or you can go into their forums and grab them from their Direct DL section (no registration required). :)
hate to ask, but which ones should I watch or to get up to date with everyone?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1555 on: April 16, 2008, 01:30:54 AM »
Well, they change the shows every year so they're completely different. TV-Nihon has really, really good taste, so you can pretty much pick anything they've done so far and it'll be a good series.   This year's main shows are Kamen Rider Kiva and Engine Sentai Go-Onger.

Personally, I'd definitely recommend any/all of the Kamen Rider shows and Super Sentai shows (i.e. the ones which lately have become the basis for the Power Rangers franchises) that they've done. The Super Sentai shows all have the word "Sentai" in their full title so you should be able to find them easily in the DDL section of their forum.

You should also check out GARO. It's a shorter series in that it only has a dozen or so episodes, but they're so wicked you can't pass it up. Then there are shows like Madan Senki Ryukendo and the Chou Sei Shin trilogy (Gransazer, Justirisers, and Sazer X), which are a bit more lighthearted, but still pretty well done. :)

Seriously man, you really can't go wrong with the stuff TV-Nihon has done. The only real problem is, so many shows, and not enough time to watch them. :lol:

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #1556 on: April 16, 2008, 01:58:29 AM »
^ unfortunately I think the kamen series has been around for almost 30 years, right?(correct me if I'm wrong)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1557 on: April 16, 2008, 02:15:54 AM »
^ It actually originally debuted in 1971 (so almost 40 years ago).  Thing is, there hasn't been a Kamen Rider show every year since it originally debted. They've taken "breaks" from time to time where they didn't make a Kamen Rider show. The current one, Kiva, is actually only the 18th installment in the franchise. At any rate, if you include Kiva, TV-N has only subbed the last 6 Heisei era Kamen Riders. There are a few other sub groups out there that are doing some of the other, older KR shows, but they don't release nearly as much as TV-N does (if, for no other reason than it's hard to find/buy DVDs of the older ones).

Wiki has this page that has a brief overview of all the installments.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Series

Now Super Sentai, on the other hand, has been around almost as long as Kamen Rider, but it definitely has more installments. The current one, Go-Onger is the 32nd:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #1558 on: April 16, 2008, 02:38:33 AM »
hate to ask, but which ones should I watch or to get up to date with everyone?
For KR shows, you should check out Faiz, Kabuto, Blade and Den-O. Most of the memes the posters in this thread say or talk about came from those shows.

For sentai, it would be Boukenger and Gekiranger. I haven't started with Go-Onger yet but it looks pretty good.

For misc toku, Garo is a definite must. I've watched this series so many times and burned it to DVD for backup twice but I still haven't deleted from my comp. Heck, I even bought a bootleg DVD of it from a local shop (of course it was the TVN subs XD).

LOL @ Balalaikamen :rofl:

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #1559 on: April 16, 2008, 02:55:00 AM »
DOULBE-ACTION CLIMAX FORM!!! :rockon:
[youtube link here..] Ii jan! Ii jan PORISU-MAN! :lol:
:rofl: What was going through the songwriters' minds?! :lol:

I'm a relatively new toku watcher, so don't count on my input on that. Plus, all the toku shows I've seen are already mentioned ^.^;

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spica - Tonight