JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Humming Life

Author Topic: The Expendables (2010)  (Read 14566 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Expendables (2010)
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 10:10:43 PM »
JCVD and Chuck Norris Officially Confirmed to Join 'Expendables 2'?

Not too long ago, some interesting names were rumored to join the beefy, action-star cast of The Expendables 2, the sequel to last year's throwback to action films from decades past with familiar faces from those films taking part. While it's been expected that original cast members like Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews and Jet Li would return, rumored names have been circling around online for awhile. Now according to Millennium Films' official website (via IGN) it sounds like Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Damme will definitely be in the film after all.

On the production company's site, alongside the names of original cast members returning for the sequel, both Norris and Van Damme are listed as being part of the cast. That's about as official of a statement as we've gotten on their casting, and I'd probably go so far as to call their involvement a guarantee at this point. However, no word on whether John Travolta could still end up being part of the film as his name was rumored along with Norris and Van Damme in our last update. As for the story of this action sequel, well just the short plot synopsis at contains one big spoiler (though it will likely be revealed in the first trailer for the film), so we won't post it here, but you can check it out at Millennium Films official website if you feel so inclined.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/jcvd-and-chuck-norris-officially-confirmed-to-join-expendables-2/

Arnold Schwarzenegger & Bruce Willis Confirmed for 'Expendables 2'

The trifecta of badasses is now complete. Following the news going around yesterday that Chuck Norris and JCVD were confirmed for The Expendables 2, the sequel to last year's action extravaganza, Deadline is now confirming that two other action heavy-weights - Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis - will be back for Expendables 2, in bigger roles. Deadline is saying the two have close deals for "substantial" roles in the sequel, which will not be directed by Stallone this time, but he will be returning to star. This is one hell of an incredible action cast they've amassed, with most of the original guys returning as well. Read on!

Millennium Films / Nu Image now has Simon West (Con Air, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, The Mechanic) set to direct The Expendables 2, with Stallone returning along with Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews and Jet Li. The cast now also includes Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis. Damn, I'm excited, even though I didn't like the first one that much. Now we can really ask, is there any action superstar that isn't in this? This time I feel like they really are getting everyone, even beefing up the cameo roles that Schwarzenegger and Willis had. The project is already gearing up, as Lionsgate has set an official August 17th, 2012 release date next summer, which means they better start shooting soon.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/arnold-schwarzenegger-bruce-willis-confirmed-for-the-expendables-2/

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »
YES!! Reppin! d'oh don't think we have a thread for her :P

shit look at Stallone's arm, his veins have muscles XD

Actress Yu Nan to Star in 'The Expendables 2'     
2012-01-12 15:14:05     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

Sylvester Stallone and Yu Nan in "The Expendables 2" [Photo: yule.sohu.com]

Check out Chinese actress Yu Nan's look in the upcoming action movie "The Expendables 2". Yu plays Maggie, a new member of the Expendables team led by Barney Ross, Sylvester Stallone's character. "The Expendables 2" continues the first film's star-heavy lineup that also includes Bruce Willis, Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The film will open in North America on August 17.

More about Chinese Actress Yu Nan
Born in 1978, Yu Nan studied acting at the Beijing Film Academy, China's top educational institution for film talent.

Her acting talent was discovered by director Wang Quan'an who cast her in the lead role of the 1999 film "Lunar Eclipse". Yu later worked with Wang Quan'an in several more films, the best-known one being "Tuya's Marriage", which garnered the top prize at the 2007 Berlin International Film Festival.

Yu's fluency in English also landed her a role in Wachowski brothers' 2008 live-action film "Speed Racer". She also speaks French.

The actress was a jury member for the main competition of the 2010 Berlin International Film Festival.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 02:21:43 AM »
I enjoyed the film way more than I thought. Jason Statham was a badass in this, that scene where he lights up the deck was sweet. Was hoping for more Jet Li martial arts action to be honest but well, I guess that's what the sequel's for. XD

Speaking of which, Chuck Norris is confirmed for the sequel, but is he also the reason it's got a PG-13 rating? Fuck you Chuck!!  :banghead:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 11:52:14 PM »
this is going to be the next movie i watch (wish i would've watched this instead of paranoral whacktivity tbh)

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 02:28:06 AM »
word.

Offline Soju808

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 04:47:02 AM »
Can't wait for this.  This is my action movie childhood all coming together as one!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »
THIS FRIDAYY!! manliest movie ever:

all the LEGENDARY Big Guys showing up at the premiere!!

even Usain BOLT!

lol Captain morgan wtf

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 01:29:55 AM »
Here's Rio doing some pimping for the film in Japan :heart:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Going Under Ground - Humming Life