JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - REAL Na Yume No Jouken

Author Topic: The Web Browser Poll  (Read 77718 times)

Offline Sazaki Ren

• Member+
Re: The Web Browser Poll
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2008, 04:19:17 PM »
I have about three browsers. But most of the time I yes Firefox 3, though don't have too much extensions. Second place - Opera. But for now it's just too cluttered by different tabs I don't want to close.  :P
And when I'm on my linux machine - I use Konqueror. Pretty much browsers I think.
Though my vote went to firefox  :P 

Thanks to PHARADOX for the sign :wub:
My own Art Corner
My H!P Blog

Offline skiesofwinds

• Member+
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2008, 02:02:17 AM »
firefox ftw

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2008, 02:27:39 AM »
Added a Chrome option to the poll. :)

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2008, 03:38:18 AM »
Removes my old vote, and adds one to Chrome..

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2008, 04:37:29 AM »
Yeah I've been trying out Chrome today and seems really simple and fast.
Also this quick reply box has a little tab on it that lets me resize it to however large I want :o and that seems to be a standard feature built in to Chrome :o

Although I can't use my middle mouse button to scroll :(

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2008, 01:26:59 AM »
I use opera which suits me well since on average-ish i have about..15 tabs open at once.
Opera seems to cope with that number best and goes between them easily and such.

and at ebc comment on the scroll...wtf? That would really annoy me.  At school most computers dont have one and it gets so annoying scrolling down pages actually using the scroll bar.
They need to fix that.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2008, 01:41:39 AM »
I use Flock & love it! :heart:
It's like a baby sister (or something) of FF so it was the 'recently closed tabs' thing and, my fave thing, the downloads window... Originally I d/led coz of the Photobucket uploading features it has coz sometimes I need to upload hundreds of pictures at a time so I need Flock's drag and drop. Back then I was only using it for that and as back up when IE and FF weren't working... Now those two refuse to open most of my usual sites (incl. this one) so I've dumped them and only use Flock, which is sooo much faster than they ever were!
I haven't used all the features on here yet (even if I have had it for years XD) but a couple of the media features (eg. friends activity for Facebook & Youtube on homepage) are really interesting.

Oh and coz it's so fast, I don't bother with all the toolbars like google that I had on IE, it's just as fast to open a newtab and go that way.... it already has the built in spell check thing, so I don't need to add it on or anything... and I think it's pretty :wub:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:43:40 AM by lollipopgirl »

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »
^ I use Flock too, and I love it. The only problem for me is that it takes forever to open/load the program...

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2008, 05:40:55 AM »
flock is really just firefox with a bunch of extra features to make it "easier" to use a bunch of social networking type stuff. Being what it is, I don't think it would be possible for it to outperform firefox, unless you add a bunch of add-ons. I really wouldn't be surprised if there were add-ons that did what the extras on flock do, with better performance, but the interface and options probably wouldn't be as well integrated or user friendly.

As for me, I can't ditch firefox just yet. I'll have to wait and see what features chrome will be offering later on.

Offline flawlesly

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2008, 07:38:57 AM »
Opera 99% of the time, and Firefox when Opera doesn't display a page correctly.  Mostly because Opera is faster and more secure than Firefox.
im agree with you,
common problem with firefox is always not responding when opening page with full of picture,
but if im using opera its no problem

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »
Switched back to the sexiness that's FF, I was getting tired of Flock's loading time..

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2008, 10:17:16 PM »
Started using Opera yesterday. It took a bit to configure, and lacks some delicious extensions, but I'm enjoying the speed + low loading times (2 seconds, down from 20+ for Firefox, and I have a nice computer //(-_-)).

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2008, 02:46:41 PM »
I've used IE since forever, but I just installed Firefox 3 and I can't imagine my life without it anymore. So much better then IE  XD

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »
^ cough don't forget to apply the latest security patches for FF, they had like 3? in the last month.

Am looking into chrome also at the moment, very fast, way better use of WebKit then Safari.
But the main browser browser for now stays IE (yes also just patch in hte last few days) freaking programmers should learn to program first :rofl:

Offline Demanding More Makoto

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2008, 07:36:32 PM »
I am using Chrome it is clean and simple to use. I used to use Firefox but it keeps crashing on me and takes ages to start up.
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
:heart:  Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more:heart:

HELLO! Otaku Academy Member of the World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2008, 11:09:40 PM »
^ cough don't forget to apply the latest security patches for FF, they had like 3? in the last month.

Thanks for the tip. Ehm.. I'm quite the computer noob.. where can I get these patches?

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2008, 11:23:25 PM »
I use Firefox. I used to use Internet Explorer, but then I got really sick of it... a lot of errors. I definitely prefer Firefox. :)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2008, 07:27:29 AM »

Thanks for the tip. Ehm.. I'm quite the computer noob.. where can I get these patches?
Under the help is a 'check for updates'
If you downloaded from the mozilla site you should have the latest already, but as I said they seem to have a spree of bad programming currently so keep an eye on it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:31:11 AM by frblckstr1 »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2008, 11:21:54 AM »
Ok, excellent. Thanks  :)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2009, 08:59:27 PM »
Back to Firefox now. Chrome had a nasty habit of hitting 100% bandwidth usage and disconnecting Skype and MSN.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - REAL Na Yume No Jouken