JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crystal Kay - We Gonna Boogie

Author Topic: [07/02-07/05] Morning Musume @ Anime Expo (Schedule/Who's Down P.1)  (Read 292294 times)

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
was looking into something that wouldv'e gotten me there, but that fell through. I can still do it, but it would put me seriously into the red.  I'll give a yea or ney by the end of this week. Meeting those that made it to Sakura-con was great, would love to see you all again for the Morning Musume concert(which in and of itself will be legendary). Can you tell I'm leaning towards poverty to go?
Life is one time.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
BTW, my friend is getting a room at the cecil hotel for me, him, and his bf. I'd offer a room but my friend's bf is already bitching about me being in the room with them
BF wanted some private raburabu time? :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
WERD UP Rickker708 - I totally am leaning thin the next two weeks haha, gotta get those supplies in. I'll sum up what shit we covered in the meetings. Aiming for another in 2 weeks!!

LEGENDARY!

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
Done! I'm in. Flying down on the 1st and leaving on the 6th. Staying at the Wilshire grand. See ya there.
Life is one time.

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
BTW, my friend is getting a room at the cecil hotel for me, him, and his bf. I'd offer a room but my friend's bf is already bitching about me being in the room with them
BF wanted some private raburabu time? :P
That's what I gathered. But we're best friends who live in different states now so he just told his bf to deal with it.  :lol:

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
Ok sorry all, I'm not going to be able to go to AX this year.  Things are rolling really quickly with house hunting so I'm still cautiously optimistic that I'll have something soon, so I had to cancel my ticket today.  I hope you all have fun.  :mon wind:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
aww, ChocoMochaKei ...I totally understand, sucks you can't make it but GANBATTE on the crib. Get that pool table baby!

Gotcha Rickker708! Looking forward to seeing you again! :grin:

HiPstaz! Full mobilizing troops in effect - working to CROSS and REACH out to many and several Hello! Project fans on this. Check the various planning threads in the first post! and on the front http://jphip.com for easy reference. Me and da Ring Leaders working around the clock, pimping it overtime!

GET THOSE LETTERS IN :O

Less than 8 weeks to go, and we need the letters by the first week of June!

mentioned this in our After Party thread but
ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Remember, when I met up with iceymoon and Bryan they talked of a sponsored After Party at AX ... lol forgot to post it here  :doh: but YAW. Anyone's interested check it out!  :w00t:

We've finally opened the Hello! Party site (http://party.hello-ranking.com). ....

They're looking for peoples to sign up and time is of the essence! - it's a cool concept. I wouldn't mind checking that shit shit out if they be playing Hello! Morning style games. I'd love to fry some beef  :grin:

ETA:

Look who got nominated!!

Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation Announces Finalists for the 2009 SPJA Industry Awards

http://www.anime-expo.org/2009/05/04/society-for-the-promotion-of-japanese-animation-announces-finalists-for-the-2009-spja-industry-awards/

Category 02: Best Voice Actor (English)

Samuel L. Jackson  :twothumbs – AFRO SAMURAI RESURRECTION - Afro and Ninja Ninja
Dave Wittenburg - NARUTO - Kakashi Hatake
Kyla Hebert - GURREN LAGANN - Kamina
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 09:15:08 AM by daigong »

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
Hmmmm, I will think about going to that. I don't dance and I'm not into making a fool of myself, but it might be fun to watch.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Category 02: Best Voice Actor (English)

Samuel L. Jackson  :twothumbs – AFRO SAMURAI RESURRECTION - Afro and Ninja Ninja
Dave Wittenburg - NARUTO - Kakashi Hatake
Kyla Hebert - GURREN LAGANN - Kamina

MMMMM MMMMMMM BITCH!

Offline Jupibell140

• Member+
Okay I'm a total lurker, but I thought I'd mention it anyway: I am totally going! Registered, purchased tickets. Don't know which hotel because my friend's mom kinda booked everything, and roommates are probably outta the question, but I'm looking forward to seeing all of these Hello!Project fans there!

This is my first anime con ever, much less AX, and I'm kinda freaking out on what to do when I get there in general and what things I should know. So if anyone has any tips I'd like to know them! Man, that concert is going to be the fastest/greatest hour and a half of my life, I can tell. XD

Graphics made by kawaii beam!

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Not too much you need to know. Just be prepared for LOTS of cosplayers, many of whom will be very poorly dressed up. BUT the good part is, the majority of people who attend are all very nice, so don't worry about asking anyone for help or anything. I've learned that over the past few years of attending. Oh, and if you wanna get into anything like the main convention hall (or whatever it's called), get there early; AX is hellishly crowded. Now if you're just waiting for MM, you'll just have people like us to compete with. :P 

EDIT:  ...Or (for stuff like the main hall) you can just wait until everyone else gets in first. :sweatdrop:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:10:07 AM by ShikyoxYaiba »

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
I've only been to a few conventions (All the same event, different years), but the body odor has always been offensive. Dudes walkin' around smellin' like unwiped assholes. Most people were nice, except for the few snobby nerds and people who started conversations with me about anime I knew nothing about.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
^That's true; it's probably the smell of unwashed cosplay outfits. ¬¬ (Probably sweat too, considering what they're wearing and the temperature during summer...) And to think I once thrice cosplayed... (Hey, at least I washed my clothes when I got home.) And yeah, that should be another tip. Never nod your head yes when asked if you know an anime you've got no clue about. xD

Beware of strange people who just latch onto your group (though I don't think this'd happen at all). I went in '07 and some creepy 12 year old randomly started tagging along with us. o_O Then he found my youtube account 5 months later. What the fuck?

...Someone should bring a large poster saying Jphip, H!O, JPM, or MM-BS on it. XD Just to see how many of us respond... Or how quickly the poor (wo)man will be trampled if too many rush at once. ^^;
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 09:16:54 AM by ShikyoxYaiba »

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Beware of strange people who just latch onto your group (though I don't think this'd happen at all). I went in '07 and some creepy 12 year old randomly started tagging along with us. o_O Then he found my youtube account 5 months later. What the fuck?

Yeah, I've had this happen a couple times to me during cons. My friend and I got really annoyed because random people would butt in on our conversations that were completely private. Then they'd just sit there and not go away. We're not the type who'd tell people off, so we just dealt it...awkwardly.

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
Wow, is it really that bad? The tag-alongs and especially the BO? I always thought it was a stereotypical thing for these types of goers to not use anything but I guess it's true. Srsly, using deodorant should be second nature.

This will be my first con/expo. I will prepare for the worst.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
^
Me too. :lol:

My friend's dad won't let her walk around by herself at cons, for fear of "glompers" and loli dudes. :lol: (My friend is REALLY small and her father is a cop) I never heard anything about the BO. Now I'm like :O But hey, I'm just going to see Momusu and you all. So I'll probably be ignoring the ppl who butt in and their smelliness. XD

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
There will definitely be a higher than average amount of socially awkward people all in one place at the con, and seeing and hearing weird/stupid shit should be expected. When I went to Ushicon in 2004, there were a lot of people glomping and doing the sign shit. Thankfully, at least in the case of signs, this isn't allowed at AX. I just kept to myself and was fine. When I was in line to get Kumi Koda's autograph, this bizarre girl lept in front of me, and said "I'm a huge fan." Since it was already 10PM and I just wanted to get back to my college dorm, I didn't raise a fuss. We(read: She) talked a bit and she told me about some crappy forum she was on. Before Kumi was announced, all she ever said was how Kumi was a slut and her music was horrible. I love overnight fans. :doh:

But yeah, just don't be super inviting and you'll be fine. Being nice is cool, but do be careful. And frankly, if someone is bothering you, go to con staff. Don't put up with tards. Although, do remember that the anime fandom is like any other fandom: the vocal minority is severely retarded. Most people who are into anime, jpop, bug collecting, cars, Macs, whatever are fairly level headed people once you get past the screaming, overzealous fanboys.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
lol i'd stay away from most of the cosplayers unless they're some super hot chicks doing it. Why halo th4r?

u guys better bring ur deodorant too! *looks at dai*  :grin:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
^
Unfortunately, when I went two years ago, there was a severe shortage of hot/cute cosplayers, and about 80% were either Naruto or Bleach characters.  At least there were a few really interesting ones, and you might get to see the famed Man-Faye. (or is that a minus?)
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline sayahchan

• I disapear from time to time, only to return in a blaze!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ava made by moi ask me for anymore.
well I am highly offended by odor, and will not be able to hold my tongue if some smelly fucker is all up in my space, which is why I shall be packing some axe, and tag, and some other random odor sprays. Maybe I should keep a bottle of fabreeze? I know many are socially awkward but that's no excuse to not bathe, or wash your clothes. I don't want to go home smelling of the unwashed masses. Heaven forbid some one but in on me and my friends, were like rabid pit bulls, we might eat the person alive, we're normally nice to strangers, but if it gets creepy we tend to get nasty.

I will be honest, I cuss A LOT. In fact I don't think I have ever had a convo, where the word fuck has not popped out of my mouth, so if anyone is,can, or will be offended by me, I am sorry.

But I am fun, and can be funny as hell, and I tend to dork out on a whim, so I am just preparing anyone who wants to chill with me at AX.

Avatar and sig made by Kawaii Beam

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crystal Kay - We Gonna Boogie