JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not

Author Topic: [CHI] Tony Leung Chiu-Wai  (Read 61382 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [CHI] Tony Leung Chiu-Wai
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 11:02:53 AM »
Chen Daoming, Tony Leung Meet in Shanghai    
Wtf is he wearing!!!!!!!!!! :lol: SO HILARIOUS

Aw he had some trouble with his wife? I just wish him happiness~
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »
Tony Leung & Andy Lau meets again, chats constantly

(Caption: Within Jiangmen Star Park stands the statue for both Andy Lau and Tony Leung) (Tony's statue is his role as Zhou Yu in "Red Cliff")

Former "TVB Five Tigers" members Tony Leung and Andy Lau made a rare appearance together at the Star Park Jiangmen City Opening Ceremony (江門市星光公園開園儀式). Other Jiangmen native artists including Eric Tsang, Kiki Sheung, Gillian Chung, and Deep Ng also appeared. The stars-loaded event attracted a large group of local citizens to surround the location.

During the ceremony, Tony and Andy were the most popular, they both were dressed in black and white shirts respectively. Though the two have once been rumored that they were on bad terms, but this time meeting again, Andy and Tony shook hands and were chatting constantly.

Tony expressed that he's currently shooting a new movie The Great Master (一代宗師) in Guangdong, he said: "I am from Taishan and especially took a several hour car ride to come support my hometown Jiangmen. This time, I did not accept any fee for Jiangmen City to invite me, very happy to see so many Jiangmen native artists who also attended. I have to rush back to the filming set later." Tony frankly said that he doesn't go back to his hometown very often, and is happy to see the great development, he hopes to come back more often. Asked if he will buy a house in his hometown? He laughed: "I never thought that far into the future."

Eric Tsang is also very happy that there are nearly 100 artists who took time off their busy schedules to attend the event, he was surprised: "We all have love for our hometown, very touching. I promise that I will make more contributions to my hometown."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Not only is is Wong Kar Wai movie coming out someday...

5 upcoming films on magic to start production next year

Expect to see Tony Leung and Zhou Xun pair up and Jay Chou partnering Andy Lau in this magic fever.

Are actors turning into magicians?

It sure looks so with five upcoming films on magic set to start production next year. One of which to look out for - Big Magician, with Tony Leung, Lau Ching-Wan and Zhou Xun joining forces with The Shinjuku Incident director Derek Yee.

SOURCE: http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4409686

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 11:55:27 PM »
watched Doctor Mack, hilarious romcom yet dramatic flick from Tony Leung, co-starring Lau Ching Wan and featuring an ensemble cast of Christy Chung, Gigi Leung, and Andy Hui

Tony and Ching-Wan make a hilarious duo of sleazy doctor and undercover cop in the shady part of HK.

Tony and tall "school girl" Gigi Leung :lol:

a part of the community, chatting up a triad as he gets arrested lol

You knows Tony always gets the ladies, he just met Christy Chung (playing his former classmate / rival's gf) a few hours ago

but the secret is. Tony's Doctor Mack is a genius doctor with *SHOCK* unconventional methods! Here demonstrating on Lau Ching-wan XD

It's a pretty sentimental movie. Tony takes the fall for his buddy and ends up getting kicked out of medical school. While his friend goes on to become a celeb doctor, he goes to the seedy parts of Hong Kong to help the hookers and triads and locals. Going to old seniors with medicine and shit. Doctor Mack is truly THE PEOPLE'S DOCTOR!!

Many layers into this like Andy Hui's young impressionable student doctor wants to learn from Doctor Mack BUT DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT BEING A DOCTOR IS ALL ABOUT>?! Separate the emotion and all that kinda story. cuz deep down, Tony had to deal with the loss of the woman he loved to bone cancer, and keeps treating her sister whom Andy Hui falls for.

There's other story angles like Lau Ching-wan falling for the thinking man's hooker and he's too shy to ask her out and finds out that she happened to have her ovum removed by Doctor Mack, that's why they were close and Ching-wan's all "I don't care, I love you!"

Real feel good, sad moments kinda movie. GJ UFO. of course it helps with powerful actors.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 10:39:49 AM »
Watched Love Unto Waste from 1986, which Tony Leung Chiu-wai gets caught up in a love triangle, or square and there's a murder!

Fucking in a rice shop!! HOT!

And Chow is the weird cop on the case, "Hey, you wanna do exercises?" which Tony goes "Officer, I been here since 11, what do you want from me?"

he goes and "hangs out" with them at his rice shop:

Funniest part was when Chow was like "You know what I feel like doing up here?"

And all Tony can do is "Have you had enough now?" lol. Then they all go get drunk:

and his NEW MOVIE...start watching at 6:03ish

Tony Leung Chiu Wai practices magic with wooden pile

The Derek Yee Tung Sing directed, Best Actors Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan, Best Actress Zhou Xun starred THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI) released its first character poster at this year's Cannes Film Festival. In it Wai Jai calm stood in the center of the stage as the Great Magician, with a dragon shaped smoke around him. "Dragon" was an important symbol of the East, and this "dragon" at the same time hinted at the film backdrop of the Xinhai Revolution and the early Republic era. The new energy rose like a "dragon in flight", as well as the conservative conspiracy to revive the old dynasty. With the dragon tangling him, the Great Magician would fall into a lot of trouble.

In the film two Best Actors Wai Jai and Ching Wan conducted an elegant duel. Wai Jai not only has to save the beauty but also for the first time performed magic tricks and a lot of action scenes. In order to strengthen the action film visual effects, he moved the wooden pile from THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JING SI) to practice with during breaks. In order for the audience would enjoy realistic magic, he insisted on continuing to practice magic tricks after the shoot everyday so every performance in the film would be professional. The film production is heating up and will be released at the year end holiday slot.

Sources: takungpao, mingpao
Translated by: hktopten

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »
Tony Leung Says 'The Great Magician' Comes Fast
    2011-06-01 11:25:55     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

Tony Leung says he was not making comparisons between Derek Yee and Wong Kar-wai.

Actor Tony Leung Chiu-wai, who is working with director Derek Yee on the film, "The Great Magician", has praised Yee for being productive, and said he was not comparing him to Wong Kar-wai, the director of "The Grandmasters" which also stars Leung.

Journalists were invited to the set of "The Great Magician" in the suburbs of Beijing on Tuesday, May 31. Leung, who plays the title character, told the media that filming had been fast and pleasant.

"Probably because we were so happy working together. Good time always passes fast," Leung was quoted by Sohu.com as saying.

This remark aroused media questions about whether he was hinting at the lengthy process of "The Grandmasters", which Leung has been involved with for years but has yet to come out.

Leung said he was not making comparisons between Yee and Wong. The latter's 2000 film, "In the Mood for Love", earned Leung a best actor award at the Cannes Film Festival.

"I'm just saying that 'The Great Magician' is such a big movie, which will contain lots of special effects. I thought shooting would take at least half a year, but Derek made it in just two or three months," said Leung.

"The Great Magician" will soon wrap up filming, and is slated for a New Year's release.

In the film, Leung stars as Zhang Xian, a powerful magician living in the early 20th century. Zhang goes abroad to study magic, and when he comes back he discovers his fiancée, played by Zhou Xun, has become a warlord's concubine.

Sean Lau Ching-Wan plays the warlord, with Yan Ni as another one of his concubines.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONY!
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »
Tony Leung Celebrates His 49th Birthday

Yesterday was Tony's 49th birthday. Known for his laid-back personality, he celebrated his birthday with his wife Carina Lau the night before on the 26th. His management company Jet Tone posted photos of his birthday celebration online to share with everyone.

During the past year, Tony has been busy filming back-to-back projects in China, including Wong Kar Wai's The Grandmaster and Derek Yee's The Great Magician. He looked very tired during the press conference for 'Magician' a few weeks back. Now that he's returned to Hong Kong, he seems better rested. His face was full of smiles during his birthday dinner, no doubt because he was accompanied by his wife. He even looked content staring at his birthday cake. In previous years, fans from Korea and Japan would come to Hong Kong to celebrate his big day with him. This year was no exception, as fans gathered together to celebrate by having dinner with him and presenting him with gifts.

According to sources, the filming for the 'Grandmaster' has yet to be completed. Tony was asked what the schedule was like for filming, as well as when he has to return to work. He indicates that he hasn't received any further instructions from Wong Kar Wai. With free time on his hands, he continues to leisurely spend his time with Carina. Carina wished him a happy birthday on her microblog, using the term 'Master' to address him. "Master, happy birthday to you!" Good friend Kenny Bee also sent wishes to the best actor, saying "We'll drink to tea instead of wine today. To good health and happiness!" Christine Ng also sent her greetings on Weibo, saying, "Carina, is it your husband's birthday today? I wish Mr. Leung a happy birthday, good health and a blissful marriage. Enjoy your time together!"

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: sparkles_n15 @ AsianFanatics

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 08:37:34 AM »

"The Grandmasters" trailer reunites Wong Kar-wai and Tony Leung
Check out the first trailer for Wong Kar-wai's long-awaited film, "The Grandmasters", starring Tony Leung Chiu-wai as the martial-arts legend Yip Man.

Leung's character, a master of the Wing Chun style of martial arts, was the real-life mentor of kung-fu and Hollywood legend Bruce Lee. The trailer shows the master applying his lose-or-win fighting logic by defeating a mob on a raining night.

Leung is the only leading actor to appear in the trailer, although the film's cast also includes Zhang Ziyi, Song Hye-kyo, Chang Chen and Zhao Benshan.

"The Grandmasters" is slated for release in December, eight years after Wong Kar-wai first began planning the film.
XD

CRAZY! wonder if he used a double

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
Tony Leung Chiu Wai displays his electric eyes and magic hands

The Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan and Zhou Xun starred Emperor Motion Picture GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI) earlier unveiled the first "magic" themed trailer. Leung Chiu Wai not only displayed his Best Actor acting abilities but also magic. Reportedly the film had no less than 50 magic tricks, thus the trailer was only the tip of the iceberg.

The Bona film industry, Emperor Motion Picture co-release, Derek Yee Tung Sing directed, Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan and Zhou Xun's holiday giant production GREAT MAGICIAN's first "magic" themed trailer had Leung Chiu Wai's agile performance. Wai Jai's pair of electric eyes also hid a secret in the film. Director Yee Tung Sing said that Wai Jai's magic performance would be almost half the film. He not only was a natural born actor but also a natural born magician. As someone who has never been in touch with magic before the shoot, in THE GREAT MAGICIAN he did not look like an amateur at all.

Aside from Leung Chiu Wai's performance in the trailer, Lau Ching Wan and Zhou Xun's appearance also had quite a presence. Lau Ching Wan's eyes were full of the evil warlord's nature. Zhou Xun as a woman of an acrobat family appeared heavy and at ease. Her looks were unusually reserved.

Source: Singtao

what about his electric pants? XD

a few scenes and poster!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2011, 11:09:41 AM »
Only Tony can get away with such a geeky hairstyle XD

Lau Ching Wan reveals learning from Tony Leung Chiu Wai

THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI) will be released next year. On November 10th, director Derek Yee Tung Sing, Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Lau Ching Wan attended a DREAMS COME TRUE exchange with 1,000 students at the Shanghai Fudan University. With the student's various strange questions, the trio often answered with humor. When asked how they would face the upcoming November 11 2011 "bachelor festival", Lau Ching Wan said, "If you like someone you should dare to say it, if you have a dream you have to dare to chase it!"

Ching Wan said that becoming an actor was hard for him to imagine. He said, "When I was little I dreamt about all kinds of characters. When I saw astronauts I wanted to become an astronaut, when I saw a scientist I wanted to become a scientist. Becoming an actor was somewhat surprising to me. Although in the first few years the acting was very rotten, as long as you are willing to work hard you definitely will reap the rewards." He even joked that back then he watched many Tony Leung Chiu Wai's film to "learn from" him. When lonely, Wai Jai enjoyed being alone while Ching Wan loved walking his dog. When Wai Jai was asked whether she would fall for his co-star, Wai Jai calmly answered, "As soon as the movie is done I have to come out. Nothing is absolutely though, more or less. Think about it!"

Source: Takungpao, Singtao, on.cc

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2011, 11:23:08 PM »
^ One of the reasons why I like specifying that I've got hots for his characters and not Tony Leung himself is because uhum I don't always understand his personal style choices :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 03:34:57 AM »
NO DOUBT. you should have seen his socks XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »
I finished watching Police Cadet 84 and it was pretty much an excuse for everyone to go topless :lol:

They were all about "I will beat your physical endurance records! while I sweat in the HEAT!"

Ng Man Tat is DAT Asshole Cadet Instructor, he sees potential in Tony and Tony don't see it.

He just whines "WHY U GOTTA PICK ON ME" XD

Damn 80s! malebonding to the max :lol:

Even when he's graduated, it's like "I gotta sleep half naked cuz I'm stressed."

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »
NEW!!!  movie :D

Co-directors Felix Chong (right) and Alan Mak (second from right), accompanied by cast members (from left to right) Dong Yong, Wang Xuebing, Mavis Fan, Tony Leung and Zhou Xun, celebrate the conclusion of filming the spy movie "Windseeker" in Shanghai on Tuesday, December 20, 2011. Tony Leung plays a blind man who uses his unusually good hearing to complete a mission. The film is slated for release in the summer of 2012. [Photo: mtime.com]

sounds intense lol like Sherlock Holmes-ish

eta:

did u see this SHIT! whoa! 'Five Demon Traps aka 五行伏妖' Trailer, directed by Zhou Xun his co-star in Windseeker!

Peep the trailer: http://movie.mtime.com/132427/trailer/36725.html
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:44:29 AM by daigong »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
DUDE DAIGONG THOSE POLICE CADET SCREENCAPS. :lol: I LOVE YOU.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 02:15:58 AM »
^^ Those ladies are cute :3

Tony looks like someone straight out of The Last Airbender with all that fire around him XD

Man, I need to get myself 2046 on DVD.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »
shirenu :lol: LIKE there's even more in Part 2 aka Police Cadet 85. You think he's through with the Cadet after graduating.  But his mom is all worried that he'd get hurt while serving the force but shit, so to not have his mom worry he takes up being a Police Cadet instructor apparently they too like to be topless like the cadets:

He has this intense speech with the new recruit whom he had expelled for pulling pranks "I WAS YOUNG AND BRASH LIKE YOU!!! MY SUPERIOR WAS HARD ON ME BUT DID I QUIT LIKE A BITCH!! NO I STUCK WIT IT AND BECAME THIS MANLY PIECE OF FLESH U SEE RIGHT NOW!!1" Lesson learned!

check out Tony in more movie action:

Yan Ni gets into bubble trouble

Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan, Zhou Xun and Yan Ni starred in THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI). The film in a humorous way stated that as long as you believe and persist, dreams could come true. In a movie shoot scene, Ching Wan's third concubine Yan Ni was in a bubble bath. Ching Wan directed for the first in the film.

At the director's chair Ching Wan had the director's power in the film. When asked when he would direct, Ching Wan humbly said that he did not have the talent for it. On the set, Yan Ni had a bubble bath scene. In the film a guy also took advantage of her in the bubble bath and her husband Ching Wan was steaming. Early in the shoot preparation in order to create the bubble effect the crew used a lot of soap. Yet because they used too much, Yan Ni almost drowned in the bubbles. Her call for help made the crew laugh as they rushed to save her from the bubbles. Ching Wan did not know whether to laugh or to cry. "THE GREAT MAGICIAN's set truly has crouching tiger hidden dragon, even the crew knew magic. I sat further away and saw more and more bubbles, in a flash they covered her."

Source: Takungpao, on.cc

Laugh every 3 minutes with The Great Magician

Director Derek Yee Tung Sing two nights ago led Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan and Zhou Xun to the Beijing premiere of THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI). At the premiere, Tsui Hark, Soi Cheang Po Shui, Andrew Lin Hoi and Terence Yin (Wan Chi Wai) came in support. Over the two hours, over 1,000 viewers laughed from the beginning to the end. After watching they all praised this film was truly for the entire family.

After the premiere, over 1,000 viewers from the community expressed their satisfaction as they often laughed and applauded; Some even counted that they laughed every three minutes or so. Viewers thought that GREAT on the foundation of entertainment would even be able to remain cultured without being rotten; Wai Jai's sorrowful mystery matched his Great Magician identity that was very handsome and humorous; Ching Wan as the villain warlord was extremely cute; Zhou Xun's performance was also very funny.

Source: Takungpao, on.cc

Lau Ching Wan gets lucky but still complains

THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI) yesterday held a press conference in Beijing. Director Derek Yee Tung Sing and the cast including Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan, Zhou Xun, Yan Ni and others attended. Lau Ching Wan pointed out that in the film Leung Chiu Wai and Zhou Xun hit him and even forced him to recite a Putonghua tongue twister. Yee Tung Sing denied that and said that in the film he already put Lau Ching Wan in a romance with Zhou Xun, which was already considered a joy for him. He even arranged seven wives for him. Yet he never would have guessed that he still had complaints. Next time he would arrange seven men for him.

Leung Chiu Wai also said that his image in the film was too serious, thus he was extremely envious and Yan Nai and Wu Gang's comedic performances. Yee Tung Sing joked that Wai Jai in the film was responsible for being handsome with infinite charm. Yet Wai Jai was very glad to work with Yee Tung Sing and so many excellent actors. In addition it was a very happy comedy that left many beautiful memories in his life. In the future when he will recall this production he will laugh. Wai Jai even asked the director to save a spot for him in the sequel. Zhou Xun also stated that she was very honored to be able to work with two Best Actors and thanked the director for giving her the opportunity.

Wai Jai has been working on Wong Kar Wai's THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JUNG SI) for over two years. For the character Wai Jai has given a lot and was even injured on the production. His wife Carina Lau Ka Ling's heart could not have ached more as she blamed Wong Kar Wai. Wai Jai yesterday admitted that he would not work with Wong Kar Wai again for awhile. THE GREAT MAGICIAN director Yee Tung Sing revealed that Wai Jai once said that he would make five more movies then retire, but Wai Jai denied that.  "I hope that my entire life is in acting, to have work at every stage." Wai Jai said that he would like more chances to make comedies. As soon as he said that people were reminded that he did not want to work with Wong Kar Wai who rarely made comedy films. He said, "I just finished Wong Kar Wai's movie, both of us are very tired and need a long time to recover. Maybe it will be a long, long while before we work together again. No one should be too concerned about me working with him, for now we wouldn't."

Cecilia Cheung Pak Chi who Yee Tung Sing made into a star recently has been poison at the box office. Yee Tung Sing spoke on her behalf and hoped that the media would not treat this matter as a joke. He thought that Pak Chi should have someone around her to tell her the truth. "I don't know why she was in such a hurry to take so many roles, but I understand that she alone has to feed her entire family. Her poor box office doesn't mean that she doesn't know how to act. I don't dare to confirm that I will work with her again or not though."

Source: Takungpao, Mingpao, Singtao

Choose Zhou Xun's romantic destiny in The Great Magician?

The Emperor Motion Picture THE GREAT MAGICIAN (DAI MOR SHOOK SI)'s leads Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Lau Ching Wan, Zhou Xun, Yan Ni and Wu Gang wish everyone a Happy Year of the Dragon. They transform from their early Republic costumes into something more modern. In addition, Zhou Xun, Wai Jai and Ching Wan's love triangle has become the talk of the town as online polls appear to discuss where should Zhou Xun's love go.

Source: on.cc

Great Magician stills!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2012, 08:53:58 AM »

Tony! can't even take a pic with a stewardess without rumor scandal! XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2012, 04:35:33 AM »

PROGRESS!! A release date of Wong Kar-Wai's "The Grandmasters" is slated to be announced on the 18th of this month.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2012, 09:06:02 AM »
The Power Couple - Tony & Carina at the 31st Hong Kong Film Awards

lol cute matching color bow tie and pendant. :)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
HOTTTT!!! :w00t:

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not