JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - My Sugar Cat

Author Topic: REBORN 2016 Reboot - Chapter 5 (042517)  (Read 74320 times)

Offline takagil

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: REBORN - Chapter 7 (Kojiyuu) 4/21/15
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2015, 05:10:55 PM »
Omg, this story is so amazing!!!
Please update  :cry:

Offline Bakamina_Oshi

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shipping Sayaka x Everyone... especially with milk
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »
This is such a great story and i love long, well written chapters!

Please update soon author san

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2015, 04:03:18 AM »
First chapter of SaeYuki arc! :cathappy:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 8 - Once upon a dream

Yuki’s POV

“Mm…” I felt a cool breeze brush across my face as it woke me from my slumber. The sudden cool temperature sent chills throughout my whole body as I slowly stirred.

“Hm?” When I opened my eyes, I found myself in an unfamiliar room, lying in an unfamiliar bed. The room was a very spacious room, perhaps too spacious, as the bed was the only item visible in the entire space. It was dark, and it would’ve almost been impossible for me to see if it wasn’t for the open window letting in the light of the full moon. All the cold air was getting in, too, gently blowing across from the curtains.

I slowly rose up from the bed. It was a rather old and uncomfortable bed; a thin white sheet was the only thing that tried to cover my body from the cold, which didn’t help at all, really, and both the mattress and pillow were worn out and hard, not as soft as they originally should’ve been. I wasn’t in my regular pajamas, and was now wearing a white nightgown. The dress and sleeves were cut short, exposing myself more to the cold air circling the room, and it was incredibly girly as there were frills, lace, and even a ribbon tied somewhere at my chest.

I slowly stood up, feeling the icy cold floor, and slowly walked over to the window to close it. However, as I was about to, the curtains wavered and sent a cool breeze to my face one final time, brushing past my hair and into my ear, as if whispering something. I closed my eyes from the sensation. I felt the atmosphere in the room change that brief moment. As I opened my eyes back up, I felt a strong presence. A presence that told me something… someone… was behind me. I slowly turned around….

And… there he was. A handsome prince with glistening silver hair and electric blue eyes that shimmered as the moon’s light reflected off him. His whole body was glowing, lit up in the darkness. He was clad in a beautiful white suit with golden highlights and a long, luxurious white cape that only added on to his powerful aura. But, even as I stared at him, and the more I did, he just stood there and smiled at me, not saying a word. Just a warm smile curved his lips. However, there was something in the back of my head that I couldn’t erase from my thoughts. This person… I don’t know this person. I’ve never seen him before.

“Who… Who are you?” I finally asked him as I found my voice.

…..

*Gasp*

My eyes popped open as I jolted up from my bed, holding my chest. It felt… tight.

I looked around in my panicked state. I was back in my room, in my bed, and in my black pajama shirt with black and white striped pajama pants. It was morning, the sun shining bright, and my alarm clock was going off for who knows how long. I quickly turned it off and looked out the window. It was open, the morning sunlight sneaking past the curtains into my room. And it was warm in my room now instead of cold. It’s almost summer.

I sighed and leaned back down on my bed, slowly sinking a bit into my soft pillow. I couldn’t help but toss and turn, messing up my hair, as I remembered what had I just saw.

That dream again…

I’ve had that dream ever since I entered my first year of high school. That recurring dream that never changed, never progressed. I had it every night since that day, and the memory of it is burned into my brain. The one part I didn’t like about it the most… was the prince. I don’t know who he was, and yet I see him every single time in my dreams, in that outfit, and he just smiles, never uttering a single word to me.

I… I just don’t understand it. My heart will pound, ache, as if it was about to burst out, but when it’s over, the feeling of it tightening still remains, as if I wanted to see him again, and be with him long enough to hear his answer.

….But... But…! I hate boys!!! I absolutely HATE them!!! They’re immature, filthy, and they don’t care about anything!!! I don’t care if ALL boys in the world just died, right here, right now!!!! I HATE THEM!!!!!!

…..

*Sigh*

I finally decided to get up out of my bed and lazily moved to the bathroom. My older brother, Takeru, was already brushing his teeth.

“Mouchashou shuchi. (Ohayou, Yuki.)”

“Ohayou….”

Once he finished, I entered the bathroom and locked the door so I could get ready. Between brushing my teeth, combing out my messy hair, and putting on make-up, it’s an entire process that can take up to about 18-20 minutes. Anyone waiting at the other side of the door, would probably hear a few crashes or weird noises, like you hear in cartoons. (lol)

But when I get out, I look like this:

“Perfect.” Once I got my uniform on, I headed downstairs and saw Mom and Dad already at the table, eating breakfast.

“Good morning, Yuki-chan.”

“Sleep well?”

“Yeah, I guess…” I tried my best to hide my feelings. I don’t want them worrying about me. Takeru had already gotten dressed, too. He goes to a nearby college, so he always comes and stays with us when he’s not at his apartment for overnight work or studying.

I started eating my breakfast as always, listening to my parents brag about Takeru’s natural talent and smarts. I added myself in and giggled every once in a while, but I mainly ignored and continued eating. Sometimes, I just don’t understand it, and I don’t want to. When I was finally finished, I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

“Itekimasu~!” I headed down the regular street to school, eating the last bit of my toast on the way down.

I met up with Mayu at the bus stop, as she was already waiting for me with her rabbit headphones playing her music. Yes, I said it. RABBIT HEADPHONES. Like, in the “Suzumiya Haruhi” anime. As the bus to our school came and we got on, I stared out the window watching the scenery pass by as Mayu played with her holophone.

“Nee, Yukirin…” she suddenly spoke up, catching my attention. “Did you hear? We’re getting a new transfer student today.”

“Really?”

“Someone from the student council texted me. She said he’s a really good-looking guy.”

I nodded and sighed as I stared at the window again.

Great. Just what we need… ANOTHER guy.

“We’ve been getting a lot of transferees, haven’t we?”

“Yeah. First, Yuko-chan, then Minami, and now this guy…”

“Quite the semester, I guess…”

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. A week after Minami fully recovered, she returned to our high school to finish her studying with Acchan to become nurses. And, as you could guess, Acchan was very overjoyed to have her girlfriend back by her side in school.

Even in school, before class...

“Minami~” she sang her name once more as she hugged her from behind and rubbed her cheek against hers. “I’m glad we’re together again, but it SUCKS we have to be in different classrooms.”

“Don’t worry, Atsuko. I’ll come and visit you after classes, and you’ll always have me after school.”

“But, still~~~ I’m lonely without you~~~” Basically, she’s acting like how Yuko would with Haruna. Minami also lives in Acchan’s house, too, and ever since the two were separated almost three years ago, Acchan can’t stand to be apart from her for even a second.

“Hey, it’s okay, Acchan.”

“Yeah, you got us!”

“Thanks guys. It’s friends like you that I can count on.” She blushed and rubbed herself against Minami’s shoulder. The school bell rang, then Mayu ran off to her class and Minami gave Acchan one last peck on the cheek before heading off, too.

“Alright, everyone. Take your seats.” The teacher came in and settled everyone down. I continued staring out the window. I know what’s gonna happen next. “Before class, I’d like to introduce a new student to our class. Please come in.”

*Swoosh*

“KYAAAAA!!!!!”

Before I knew it, all the girls in the room stood up from their seats, screaming to the top of their lungs. Even Haruna, Yuko, and Acchan were part of the chaos, everyone yelling out words like “Ikemen!!!’’ and “Kakkoii~!!!”

Oh… it’s only me, then?

With everyone at the tips of their toes, jumping up and down to see the ikemen transfer student, I couldn’t see a thing. But, really, I didn’t mind. I don’t wanna see his face.

“Everyone, settle down! Settle down!” the teacher straightened out things once more and calmed down the noisy students. Once everything was silent, he spoke again. “Now, please introduce yourself.”

Everyone sat down as the transferee picked up the chalk and writing his name. Everyone continued to gaze in awe at the handsome beauty(even though I didn’t glance at him) and whispered among each other as well as swooning. My eye twitched and I unknowingly peeked out of the corner of my eye due to the loud tapping of the chalk.

“Hm?” I turned around, finally seeing the transferee’s appearance. Good height, fairly tanned skin, messy black hair.

I scoffed. They’re freaking out THIS much over that? He looks pretty normal to me... Then, he turned around and I saw his face. Dark brown eyes that sparkled and a wide, bright smile on his face.

Wait…

A girl? That’s a GIRL?!

I don’t believe it. A girl! And she just waltzes in here, wearing a BOY’S uniform, and isn’t embarrassed, not even with all the girls in here fawning over her?! She’s something else…

“Eh~, I’ll be looking forward to being part of this class from now on. I’m Miyazawa Sae. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~!”

“YOROSHIKU ONEGAISHIMASU~~~!!!”

“Alright, Miyazawa-san. Uhh, you can sit in that seat next to Oshima-san.”

Eh?

I looked right beside of me. There was an empty desk just beside Yuko, and it was really close to me.

“Is that okay, Oshima-san?”

“Uhh, yeah. Sure.” Yuko’s face was turning a bit red and she was giggling a bit. Miyazawa smiled and walked to her seat.

Then, she looked at me and grinned widely.

“Hey, Sae-san! If you need anything, you can go and consult Yukirin, over there!”

Huh?! Yuko, what are you doing?!

She looked over at me and smiled, walking closer to me. “Um, Kashiwagi Yuki-san, right?” As she got closer, I hid my face a bit and looked away from her.

I nodded.

“I’ll be right next to you, so if you need anything, I’m here. Same goes for me, too; I still need to get used to things. Ufufufu….”

I nodded again, trying not to show my face to her. I could feel it getting a bit hot as I felt her breathing down my neck.

“Hey, c’mon, Kashiwagi-san, don’t be like that. Let me see that pretty face~.”

Clenching my fist and gaining the courage, I slowly turned around to face the boyish girl in front of me. I flinched a bit; she was extremely close to me. Suddenly, everything in the air became all tense and serious. Miyazawa’s smile slowly faded away as she stared at me, shocked at something. We continued staring at each other’s eyes as I heard the students started whispering again.

Wait a minute...

This girl… She… Oh God… She… She looks like the boy in my dreams! But, why?! How?! This can’t be possible!

Then, her hand slowly reached up and held my cheek. “.....Wow.”

“Eh?” I could feel the heat creeping up my face rapidly as I could hear my heart pounding and I got even hotter.

“You’re… really, really cute! Ufufu…”

I looked around and saw everyone glaring at me in jealousy. I slowly removed Miyazawa’s hand from my cheek and turned back around to face my desk, blushing madly.

“Hahaha, oh my God. I’m sorry, did I surprise you there?”

“....” I kept silent. I have no words to say.

“..Oh, I know! Hey, listen, even though I’m wearing this, I AM a girl. My uniform just didn’t come in on time, so I have to wear this for the rest of the semester.”

“Y-yeah, I kinda got that…”

She giggled again and patted my head. “Take care of me from now on. Ufufu…”

This girl……… is CRAZY!!!!!!!

Haa… One more class before lunch. Then, maybe I can get some peace…

That Miyazawa girl was pretty noisy during class, unable to stay still in her seat. And she had trouble figuring out some of the questions, so when she wasn’t asking one of the students, ME, or the teacher, she would just make a bunch of noises before coming up with some randomly weird and stupid answer that made the class laugh.

Baka…

Now, I was going over my notes, and hopefully, nothing would happen… Or so, I thought. I felt someone hug me from behind and rub her cheek against me. Yup, it’s Miyazawa.

“Yuki-san~ Can I borrow your notes, pweaze~?”

My eyebrow twitched a bit at her childish tone, and she just wouldn’t get off me when I tried to push her off. “You should’ve paid attention in class. The only way you learn is to study on your own.”

“Mm but it’s hard~. I really don’t understand a thing. I’ve never been in school before.”

“You were homeschooled?”

“Well...” she giggled and scratched her head a bit. “Something like that...”

“What?”

“Hey, how’s everything going over here?” Yuko came up, holding our shoulders.

“Apparently, Miyazawa-san has never been to a school in her life.”

“No way! Wait...” Yuko looked at her intensely, staring at her like some weird pervert. “You do look familiar...”

“Oshima Yuko-chan, I know you.”

She jumped up excitedly. “You do?!”

“Yeah. You’re an ANGEL from Section K in Fukuoka.”

“Eh?!” Mayu and the others came over and heard the conversation. “What did she say?”

“H-how did you know I was an ANGEL?”

“Cuz I am, too!” She pulled down her shirt collar a bit and showed us her scar indicating she was, indeed, an ANGEL. “I’m a part of Project DiVA, made in Tokyo, Miyazawa Sae. I’m 100 years old~”

“Shhhh!!! Don’t say it out loud,” I informed her as I covered her mouth. She removed my hand and smiled, continuing to talk to the others. I just sat down and tried to concentrate on studying. One of my friends, Aki, came up and started talking to me.

“Yukirin, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, just a little tired...”

“Didn’t sleep well again?”

“I slept. Just had a weird dream was all...” I looked and saw she was smiling and nodding, probably only half paying attention. “Nee, Akicha...”

“Hm?”

“Do you think it might mean something? I’ve had these weird dreams over and over, every night.”

“Well, what are they about?”

“Uh….” I don’t want to tell her that a boy who looks JUST like Miyazawa appears in my dreams EVERY night, and it’s the EXACT SAME DREAM that I have EVERY night! “Well… I keep seeing the same person in my head… and even though I don’t know this person, something inside me makes me see him--”

“Eh? Him?” She gasped and had a little spasm in her seat. “Yukirin, are you in lo--”

“DON’T YOU DARE SAY THE ‘L’ WORD!!!!”

“Okay, okay,” she giggled, “I was just kidding.”

“Sure.” I gathered up my stuff and started leaving. “I’m going to the library, where I can study in peace.”

We were having class outside today in gym, so I think today, I can at least try to relax in the sun and feel the cool air as we were running our laps today. I continued stretching as Yuko was going absolutely wild with all the gym activities. She’s broken almost every school record in gym we have; she’s incredibly athletic despite her being a pervert and also having a very small body. Not as small as Minami, but it’s still amazing she has so much energy packed inside her.

“Yuki~!!!” And, speaking of energy… “Yuki~!!! Yuki-chan~!!!”

I turned around and saw Sae and some of the other students on the basketball field. Even though she’s a girl, she immediately went to watch the boys play basketball and joined in the fun, yet she still continues to be my cheer squad.

“Fure fure, Yuki-chan!!! Ganbare, ganbare, Yuki-chan!!! Ei, ei, OOOOOHH!!!!”

Oh dear God… This is so embarrassing. That idiotic girl’s got everyone staring at me.

“Hey, don’t be embarrassed, Yukirin,” Acchan said as she patted my back.

“Yeah, Sae-chan’s just really nice.” Haruna said reassuringly.

Groaning, I pulled up my sleeves and walked over to Miyazawa, standing with the other boys while dribbling a basketball.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothin’.” She dribbled the ball and bounced it off the wall a few times in her happy daze.

“Look, can you take it down a notch with the cheering and yelling? It’s embarrassing me a little. B-besides, you’re not even supposed to be up here!”

A small sound came out of her mouth as she nodded her head and continued dribbling, shooting the ball into the basket, but missed.

“Are you even listening?!”

She just made another sound and ignored me.

“Look, this is BOYS’ only. And the only person who doesn’t want you to be here more than our coach is me. Wanna know why? Cuz I’m not the biggest fan of BOYS.”

“Hey.” She stopped for a minute and looked at the basketball, spinning it on her finger(or, at least, trying to). “Is there a GIRLS’ basketball team?”

“No. Only the boys.”

She looked around a bit and smirked, a devil like smirk. “Think I can join the boys’ team?”

“What?! Why?”

“In case you forgot, I got quite a bit of praise for my ikemen looks in class. I can pass off as a male student and join the team. It would be the ultimate fake-out in competitions!” She giggled thinking about it and shot the basketball again.

“Well, if you wanna do that, that’s not something to ask me. Talk to the coach or the school principal, but...”

“Hm?” She looked at me with these innocent eyes and this insanely cute smile that could make even my heart tug a bit.

“Uhh… D-don’t get your hopes too high up. I still don’t know if the principal will fully accept it.”

“Okay~” She skipped over to the basketball hoop and continued her shooting practice. I walked back over to my side of the field, giggling. I chuckled a bit. No matter how ‘handsome’ or ‘boyish’ she is, she’s a girl deep down.

The day is finally over, and I’m so tired. I wanted a day to relax, but with this dream still on my mind, and a new transfer student, who seemed to come out FROM my dream, things have been too crazy for me to concentrate on anything!

“Hey, Yukirin,” Acchan and the others were already packing up and leaving. “We’re going to study together at Yuuchan and Nyan-nyan’s. Wanna come with?”

“Uh, no, I’ll study at home. Besides, I’ve got some things to take care of back home. Is Mayu coming?”

“No,” she answered. “I’m staying after school. You guys go on ahead.”

“Yeah. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

“Okay. Bye, Mayuyu! Bye, Yukirin!”

I sighed and laid my arms on the desk, looking outside the window and remembering what had happened after my final class ended, just a few minutes ago.

Flashback

“Yuki~! Yuki-yuki!” I saw Sae run down the hall excitedly, jumping around and giggling as she left the basketball players.

“Hey, why are you so happy and jumpy?”

“I’m not happy, I’m GENKI! Just call me the Genking!”

“Okay? So what happened?”

“I told the sports supervisor about putting me on the basketball team.”

“And?”

“She said she’d think about it~” She sheepishly smiled while giggling and scratched her head. I tried my best to hide the irritation and shrugged.

“Well, we’ll just have to wait and see.”

“Okay. See ya tomorrow, Yuki… rin. Yukirin! Alright, I’ll call you Yukirin from now on, ufufu...”

End of Flashback

Miyazawa Sae… who are you?

I can’t get the thought of her out of my head. That smile, those eyes, that voice. I held my head, trying to contemplate what was going on. She really does look like him. There was something inside her that made her exactly like the prince. Her personality, though, goes in a whole other direction.

..No, Yuki, it’s just a coincidence she looks like a boy. There’s NO way that can happen...

Sighing, I laid my head down and closed my eyes a bit, trying to rest. I eventually fell asleep, and before I knew it, I had the dream again. However, it was different. Instead of the bedroom, I was in the dark streets somewhere I’ve never seen before. It looked like Tokyo, and yet it didn’t at the same time. And, I was wearing a different school uniform than normal.

Oh, now what?

As I looked around at where I was, I suddenly felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned my head and saw the silver hair prince standing behind me, but instead of his beautiful white suit, he was wearing long black pants and a vest over a white button-up shirt, with a long cape around his waist and a white ascot with a black cross in the center of his chest. He slowly took my hand and helped me to my feet. We stared into each other’s eyes, then I saw his widen in shock and he smiled, suddenly hugging me.

“Eh?” I finally felt him. He touched me, held me, for the very first time. And, that one time, I felt this incredible warmth. Even in this cold darkness, he was warm.

Wait… what am I thinking?!

“Stop!” I broke the hug and saw his smile again that seemed to make things stop. I felt myself weaken in his gaze, then he did the unthinkable.

“I found you.”

His face got closer and closer to mine, and before I knew it… He….

*Gasp*

I popped up from my seat and looked around. Only a few minutes had passed, but… I’m still here. I’m still awake. The prince is gone… Why do I keep having these dreams? At least something different happened this time. But… what does it all mean?

“Kyaa!” I heard Akicha squeal behind me, along with some other girls in the class. “Yukirin, look what Sae-san’s doing!”

“Eh?” I got up and looked out the window to see what all the fuss was about. Outside, in the middle of the courtyard, under the large tree, was Miyazawa… playing the violin.

What is she doing?

I ran down as fast as I could to see what she was doing. I reached the courtyard and saw pretty much every girl circled around the center hill of the courtyard watching Miyazawa gorgeously playing the violin. Her fingers lightly teasing the strings to create amazing sounds, her eyes closed as she was lost in the music. Everyone stared in awe, even me, watching such a beautiful, handsome girl playing the small, wooden instrument in her hands…

Wait, why am I saying stuff like that?! This is crazy!! What am I doing, thinking that sort of stuff?!

I just stood there watching her, and as she continued, the sound just echoed in my ears and prevented me from thinking. Admittedly, it was beautiful, and I’ve never seen someone so… passionate while playing an instrument like that before. But, more than that, it was sad, like there was something dark and sorrowful behind that happy, energetic smile of hers. She reached a high note and I felt my heart skip. I found myself dumbfounded and felt my heart grow warm watching this. Her sad, beautiful melody… beyond compare…

Oh God… I must be going insane…

As the song ended, people just kept staring in awe at Miyazawa as her arms slowly lowered and dangled at her sides. Her eyes slowly opened and she looked straight at me. Her eyes pierced deep into mine and I saw a sign of surprise for some reason. Slowly setting the violin down, she walked over to me, still staring deep into my eyes. I was frozen in shock and didn’t know what to say or do. I just kept staring at her eyes, those gorgeous blue eyes that…

Wait… Blue? Why are Miyazawa’s eyes blue?

She held my shoulders and inched closer to me, her eyes glowing bright blue as she stared at me.

“W-wh… what are yo--” I didn’t have time to answer a full question as I felt my mouth close suddenly against something. After overcoming my shock, I soon realized Miyazawa was kissing me. It was a long, warm kiss that was filled with love and passion. She parted away and gave me a soft smile. A smile… just like the prince!

….Why?

“Let me go!” I pushed her to the ground and backed away, covering my mouth. She slowly raised back up and held her head, looking at me confused.

“...Yukirin?”

Her eyes… they’re back to normal.

“Yukirin, what’s wrong?” She stood up and tried to touch me again, but I ran off before she could do anything and ran straight back into the empty classroom. I touched my lips, remembering the feeling of her sudden kiss.

Why?! How could she do that?!

Without wasting another second, I grabbed my stuff and ran out the door, heading to the entrance gate to leave. I regret bumping into someone, probably Aki since I heard her call for me and ignored her, but I wanted to leave this place now. I don’t want to face Miyazawa again. I can’t believe she kissed me in front of everyone like that, it was so humiliating.

I got home and immediately went up to my room, locking the door. I sunk to the floor and hugged myself. I let her touch me like that, kiss me without warning, caught completely off guard. How can she do that to me and not have a thought of doubt?! How can she smile at me when she knows she embarrassed me so much?!

“I hate her. I hate Miyazawa Sae!”

To Be Continued
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline Bakamina_Oshi

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shipping Sayaka x Everyone... especially with milk
Re: REBORN - Chapter 8 (SaeYuki) 7/13/15
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2015, 09:09:39 AM »
Thanks for the update!

Just slightly wishing that it is MaYuki but it's the author's choice so don't worry about me and carry on wih your awesome work!

Offline arawche079

• Hiatus
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm watching Yuu!!! Hiatus!!!!
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
Nice i really like this..

Thank you author san...

And its saeyuki...

Waiting for next update

Offline mgxx

• being normal is boring
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SAEYUKI-ATSUMINA
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2015, 08:13:28 AM »
saeyukiiiii !!!!!  :deco: :deco: :deco: :deco:
after for a long time

waiting for the next chapter  :grin:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2015, 04:00:20 AM »

Chapter 9 - Blue Rose

Yuki’s POV

That girl… That ANGEL… That… freak! Miyazawa Sae, what is wrong with her?! How could she have the guts to pull something like that off on me and she doesn’t regret it? My first kiss… stolen by her, of all people! She must think she’s funny, being able to do that. And, to mimic such a thing… like that prince. Is she trying to mess with me? To get on my last nerve? Well, it worked. I hate her. I hate that she did that to me. I don’t want to face her. If she ever does that again, I’ll go crazy… I don’t want to see her… I don’t want to talk to her… I hate her for doing this to me….

Sae’s POV

Crap! I overslept this morning and now I’m gonna be late. That’s the first and only thought in my head as I bulleted down the sidewalk. I missed the bus, and even though I tried to catch up to it and call for someone, I ran out of breath and tripped on my own two feet. Now, I’m speeding down the road, possibly leaving skidmarks as I slid down and made it through, just before the gates closed.

Whew… safe~.

I fixed my uniform a bit and pulled back some of my hair as I walked inside the school… That is, until I saw my reflection in the window.

“Holy cow, my hair’s a mess!” I said to myself, with a slight giggle. I hurried to the bathroom to fixed my mess of a head, and I saw Yuko and Nyan-nyan already there. Looks like Yuko was having a bad hair day, too, and Nyan-nyan was fixing it for her.

“There. Perfect.”

Yuko jumped up and hugged Nyan-nyan’s neck. “Thank you, Nyan-nyan~”

“Ah, Sae-chan! Good morning.”

“Yo, Sae~. That a new look for you?”

“Yeah, it looks really nice.”

“Haha, no, actually the wind did this,” I giggled as I scratched my head. It really is messy, plus the fact that I had major bed-head and rushed straight out of my apartment to get here on time. “But, don’t worry. I can fix this, no prob!”

I turned on the sink and cupped some of the water into my hands. Taking in a deep breath, I leaned my head down and poured the water on me, slicking my hair back while straightening it through my fingers. I turned it off and shook my head ferociously like a dog, drying it off.

“Nyan-nyan, you have a hairbrush?”

“Eh? Uh, yeah.”

I grabbed it from her and brushed my hair out into perfect curves, spiking it up at the ends. When I was done, I checked my bangs in the mirror one more time and smiled.

“Finished!”

“Woah, that was so cool, Sae!” Yuko came up and ruffled my hair, making it messy again. “It’s dry, and so perfect. I love your hair!”

“You should keep it messy, Sae-chan. It makes you look more handsome.”

“Hahaha, guys~”

“Kyaa, you’re blushing~!!! That’s so cute, Sae!!!” Yuko jumped onto my back and gave me a noogie while holding me in a headlock.

“Hey, Yuuchan, quit!”

“Yukooo, HAHAHAHAHA!!! That tickles!!!”

“You’ve got all the girls fallin’ for you, here, Sae! You’re such a playboy! Why on Earth were you made a Prince Charming and I was made a Hentai Prince?!”

“Yuko, we’re not even boys.”

“That’s not the point! Teach me how to be the ultimate ikemen, Sae, cuz you’re the King! Well, Queen.”

“Oh, you...” I pushed her off my back and proceeded to the classroom. I smiled as I saw Yukirin already at her desk, reading a book. I called her name and started to ask what book she was reading… but, once I got over there, she got up and left.

Yukirin?

I wonder what’s wrong with her. She seemed just fine yesterday, and now, she’s ignoring me. I guess I annoyed her a bit cuz I was so loud and straight-forward; I really gotta stop that, ehehe.

I’ll just talk to her, later. I’m sure it’s nothing.

Meanwhile...

Yuki’s POV

How does she still have the decency to come up and face me after what happened yesterday? She seriously doesn’t feel bad at all for doing that to me, kissing me and humiliating me in front of all those people?! That selfish ANGEL!!! She’s even worse than Yuko!!!

…Well, maybe not that bad, but… I could see Yuko doing that to Haruna…..

But, THAT’S NOT THE POINT!!! She was trying to mess with me, get inside my head. Was she trying to act all prince-like to impress me?! How does she even know what I’m thinking… unless Akicha told her… I hate her. I don’t want to face her again, in case she decides she wants more… which she better not. I hate that Miyazawa.

Third Person POV

“Kuso… What should we do now?” Myao was sitting on the floor, while Rabutan was circling around her. “How could we have lost to her?”

“I can’t believe…” Myao whispering. “Manamana is dead… Our sister is really dead...”

Rabutan sat down, holding her head as she tried to contain her tears. Myao was doing the exact opposite as she was cradled up in the corner and tears flowing freely down her eyes.

“Quit crying. Manamana wouldn’t want to see that.”

“Hey, I can cry if I want. She’s gone and we’ll never see her again. Don’t you feel the least bit sad?”

“I do. But, that doesn’t mean I just crawl up into a ball and hide from the world, you crybaby!”

“I am NOT a crybaby! Don’t you think if I wanted to do something, I would’ve by now?! Unlike you, who’s just sitting there?!”

“Hey, you just…!”

“Just what?!”

“You’re just going too far! Manamana is dead, but our deal was to do our best and continue! So enough whining!” Rabutan stood up and, lifting Myao by the collar, punch her hard across her face. Myao was shocked, holding her swollen cheek. Rabutan’s eyes widened as she realized what she had just done.

“Baka...” she heard Myao’s voice breaking. “Rabutan no baka!”

She ran off, leaving Rabutan all alone in the empty forest. Even with the large tea party of stuffed animals and nothing but sweets orderves, Rabutan eventually found herself crying, too.

“Myao...” She gritted her teeth and wiped off her tears. “Myao no baka!”

She sat down on her small, pink chair, covering her face as she wailed in misery.

“How can she not understand the simple things? After Manamana’s death, we should just be able to continue what we began… But why can’t I go on?!”

Sae’s POV

“DONUTS~!!!”

I am so happy right now!!! The vending machine was stuck, and this girl wanted some chocolate covered donuts. And, when I helped her out, she was super happy and just adorable~! As a result, two packs of donuts came out, and they were the LAST ones, too! So, as a reward, she thanked me by giving me one, for FREE!!! And what could be better than free chocolate covered donuts?!

“I got donuts~ I got donuts~” I cheered happily as I ran down the halls, one donut stuck on each of my two fingers. I munched one of them off and giggled as I approached one of the classrooms. I saw Acchan nuzzling against Minami’s cheek while she sat on her lap. “Hi, guys~”

“Sae-chan? You seem happy.”

“I am. I got donuts~.”

“Ooh, can I have one?” Acchan chirped with happy eyes.

“Sure.” I handed her and Minami each a donut and they both ate it whole, but then Minami got a little choke and fell off Acchan’s lap as a result. I instantly got down and helped her back to her feet, patting her back. “You okay, Takamina?”

“Ta-Takamina?”

“Yeah, that’s your nickname from now on.”

“Oh, that’s so cute. Alright then, but I’ll keep calling her Minami if that’s okay.”

“Totally fine with me.”

“Okay, bye, guys.” I ran off and left the classroom, still all giddy from the donuts.

Back in the classroom

Third Person POV

“No matter how you look at it, she really is a girl,” Acchan giggled as she saw Sae skip away down the hall, her feet twirling and twisting down the hall to make her walk look more like a happy dance.

“Yeah, but… she’s still boyish,” Takamina chuckled as she sat back down beside Acchan.

“Not as much as you though.”

“OI!!!!”

As they were talking, two girls came up and interrupted them.

“Hey, Acchan, Takahashi-san, you were just talking to Sae-san, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Why?”

“Didn’t you hear the rumor about her? Yesterday, she was playing the violin in the courtyard, and then she kissed Kashiwagi-san.”

“Eh?!” Acchan was shocked at hearing this. If someone, especially a boy, tried to kiss Yuki, they’d be dead in a heartbeat. Even if it was Sae, why did she do that? “Is that true?”

“Yeah, our friend said she was there when she saw it.”

“No way...”

“You think she likes her?”

“I wouldn’t be surprised.”

Takamina stood up and looked down the hall, seeing Sae in such a good mood. Of course, she knew she was an ANGEL the minute she saw her, and she of course knew what it felt like to fall in love at first sight, but she didn’t know the whole story. She didn’t know Yuki for long, either, but she knew she was the type that didn’t want to deal with something like love. Something had to have happened that caused all this.

“Why would Sae just kiss Yukirin?”

Back to Sae…

Sae’s POV

“I love donuts~ I love donuts~”

As I was skipping and twirling down the hall, munching on the delicious donuts in my hands, I passed the library and saw a familiar figure out of the corner of my eye. When I turned back and saw, I was definitely sure of it. It’s Yukirin. I walked in and stepped closer to her, ready to rush up from behind and hug her, but I slowed down as I realized she was asleep on the table while she was reading her book. A sneaky thought entered my head and I smirked as I tiptoed to her. Slowly, I pulled back some of her hair behind her ear and revealed her cute sleeping face.

Ah~ she looks like a princess.

I looked down and saw she was lying on top of the book she just happened to be reading. “Sleeping Beauty.” And, she was right on the page where the princess pricks her finger and falls asleep.

What a weird coincidence…

Slowly removing the book from under her and replacing with her bag, I started turning the pages of the book until I found the part I wanted to see the most, the ending scene. The ending is always the best part of the story; where you read everything and it builds up suspense and excitement, sending your imagination into overdrive, and when it finally climaxes and the biggest things happen. I definitely don’t seem like the kind of girl who would read books, but I do. I love them. Especially fairytales. Wouldn’t it be great to live a fairytale life? Ufufu...

“M-mm...”

“Ah..!” I jumped a bit as I heard Yuki wake up and slowly rise from her sleeping position. She flinched as she saw me, and after some awkward silence, she grabbed the book from my hands and left, not saying a word to me. “Wait, Yukirin!”

“Miyazawa-san?” I heard a small voice come from behind. I looked and saw a young girl with long, silky black hair fix her red glasses.

Are? That’s, uhh, Kuramochi-san, right?

“Kuramochi Asuka-san, right?”

“Eh? Ah, y-yes...”

“I didn’t know you worked here. Do you like books?”

“Uh, yes… I work at the local library part-time afterschool, too. I-I... I really do like books. I didn’t think you would because you’re such a… um, sporty girl, Miyazawa-san.”

“Ehehe, don’t be so formal. You can call me Sae. And, can I call you ‘Asuka’ or something?”

She turned a bit pink and looked away from me. “Um, my friends call me M-Mocchi...”

“Alright, Mocchi, then.”

Mocchi turned a deeper shade of red and seemed to form a shy smile on her face as she hid behind her glasses. I giggled a bit at the sight; it was too cute to ignore. I got my dounts and left, but then I thought I saw Yukirin watching me from the far end of the hall, but she wasn’t there.

I wonder what’s wrong… I wish I could talk to her…. just for a bit... I sure hope I didn’t do something to make her mad…..

“Nah~! No way!” I giggled happily and resumed eating my donuts.

Third Person POV

Umeda was the first to notice one of the two Sanshou, all alone as she cried and punched a tree in frustration. She told her underling, Yuka, to find the other and bring her, while she took care of the eldest Sanshou sibling. She walked over and grabbed her wrist, restraining her from punching the wood once more, for her fist was already bloody.

“Hey, what are y--?! ...Umeda?”

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I-I… did nothing. But what are you doing here?”

“We’re here to deal with your little affairs. It’s no big deal.” Umeda released Myao’s hand. “So why you’re hitting a tree with such force?”

“It’s just because...” Myao look at Rabutan, who is now talking with Yuka on the other side of the trees. She watched as they were arguing and started pushing each other, then Rabutan yelled out something to make Yuka slap her, and she went silent.

“Well?” Ayaka’s voice broke her from her daze.

“..Manamana… She is no longer with us..”

“What?” Yuka, apparently hearing their conversation, approached them. Behind her Rabutan sadly wandered, hanging her head as her wrist was being fragged by her elder. “What do you mean?”

Myao and Rabutan looked at each other. they both saw the sadness and guilt in each others eyes, and they nodded, almost like a telepathic apology. Myao turned back to face Ayaka.

“She is no longer with us...” Myao sighed. “Because she was killed.”

Umeda’s eyes widened. “By whom? Who killed her?”

“The ANGELs.”

It was a minute of silence when Ume-chan sighed and spoke. “It can’t be helped. I should tell this to Sado. But… now we can do something important.”

“Eh?”

Sae’s POV

“Lunchtime~!!”

Yay~, lunch! I’ve been waiting for this all day! I’m SO hungry. I was ready to go back to the vending machine and get something, but then I ran into someone.

“Oh, sorry!” When I looked, I saw it was one of my classmates, Takajo Aki. “Are? Takajo-san.”

“Eh?! S-Sae!”

“Hey, Takajo-san. I haven’t talked to you since I transferred. How are you?”

“Oh, I’m fine. Thanks.” I noticed she’s blushing a bit. That’s so cute~. But, really, I don’t find it weird, nearly every girl I’ve talked to has blushed around me, especially Yukirin and Mocchi. These three~ They’re making ME blush! “So, Sae, have you talked to Yukirin any today?”

“Eh? Uh, no, I tried to, but… she keeps ignoring me for some reason. Why do you ask?”

She giggled a bit and blushed even more, slapping my shoulder. I wonder what’s going on. Everyone’s been acting kinda weird around me… Especially…. Yukirin.

“Well?” I asked her again after I brought myself out of my thoughts.

“Hm? Oh, well, I was talking to Yukirin, and she was talking about you a lot, and you guys seemed to be getting along well yesterday...” Again, a heavy blush. “I think Yukirin might l-like you.”

“Oh, is that it? Well, everyone likes me, so it’s alright. Haha...” My laughter died out a bit as I saw a confused expression on her face. But, that didn’t last long as she giggled with me.

“Yeah, I’m sure it’s nothing. She probably just likes you as a friend.”

Hrm, but if she really does like me that way….

No, Sae, don’t think those things!! KYAA!!!!

“Um, well, I was just going to get some lunch. Wanna come with? I’ll pay.”

She smiled brightly. “Sure.”

She grabbed my wrists and started leading me down to where one of her friends, Rie, was serving sandwiches. Rie’s family owns a local market, so all the sandwiches she makes are “Kitahara Handmade” as she says.

“Hey, Kitarie, give us two soba sandwiches!”

“Coming right up!”

She wrapped up the sandwiches beautifully and handed them to us as I laid the money down on the table.

“Hey, keep the change. Call it a tip for your family market.”

“Uwaa~ Thanks, Sae-chan!”

I took my sandwich and started munching on it, then I saw myself face to face with Yukirin. We stared at each other for a while, then I shyly wiped off the saucy grease from my face and smiled.

“Hey, Yukirin. I haven’t talked to you in a while. How are you?”

She just remained silent and started backing away from me. And that look in her eyes… was almost as if she was scared of me.

“Yukirin, talk to me, please.”

Instead of answering me, she ran off and as I watched her, I finally had enough of her ignoring me. Obviously, there’s something bothering her, and I’m not gonna stop until I help her feel better. Rolling up my sleeves, inside my head, I finally screamed “That’s it!” and I raced after her. I chased her down the hall and rushed out of the door until we were finally out at the front of the school. She stopped in front of a large cherry blossom tree to catch her breath, and now was my chance. I stopped in front of her and held her wrist gently.

“Yukirin, tell me what’s wrong. I just want to help you.”

“Miyazawa, just leave me alone...”

Why does she keep calling me “Miyazawa”?

“Yukirin, please!” I held both of her shoulders to keep her from running and looked at her eyes. “I promise, I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you or make you upset. All I want to do is help, but I can’t do that if you close yourself in. Please, tell me what’s going on, and I’ll fix it!”

“Miyazawa...”

She sounded a bit shock, but I noticed her eyes were tired and the light was slowly fading. She still had bags under her eyes from this morning and she’s been sleeping all day, but now I can see she’s at her limit as she’s holding onto my arms.

“M-Miya… zawa...” Her knees buckled and she fell in my embrace, her eyes snapping shut as she finally succumbed to her insomnia.

“Yukirin!”

Yuki’s POV

I haven’t slept since that day. I couldn’t sleep or eat, just thinking about it made me sick. I wanted to cut school, but my parents insisted. They didn’t know, I could never tell them what was going on. But, I felt so awful. I wanted to stay away from her, to run out of that school screaming, but I didn’t have the energy. I could feel slumber taking over and pulling the strings to control my body, only making me weaker. And now, here I am, cornered by that ANGEL. I tried to run off, but she grabbed my shoulders and looked at me with those deep, dark eyes. I could feel my heart was racing, but my mind was slow and lagging. Everything around me and fading and my world became dark as I fell into the open arms of sleep.

After what felt like an hour later, I woke up on the ground and saw Sae hovering over me, that soft, heart-warming smile curving her lips slightly.

“Miyazawa?”

My eyes widened as I very soon realized her eyes were glowing blue once again. There was this comfort to the light glowing in her eyes, that brightness, and I didn’t feel like running. The thought didn’t enter my mind. I felt relaxed, safe as she stood there.

But… why?

“I promise, I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you or make you upset. All I want to do is help, but I can’t do that if you close yourself in. Please, tell me what’s going on, and I’ll fix it!” Sae’s words echoed in my head.

Then, when I looked back down, I saw Sae holding something in her hands, offering it to me. Held gently in her hand was a single rose. But not a normal rose... A blue rose.

I was about to ask her why she had that and where she got it, but then, for just a short second, I saw she had transformed in front of my very eyes… into the prince.

My eyes opened and I blinked a few times as I awoke from my dream and saw I was in the school infirmary. I got up from the shock; I had a dream and it was so vivid. It was almost real, like it had happened a mere few seconds ago. That’s never happened in my dreams before.

“Ohayou.” I heard a whisper beside my ear and I gasped suddenly. Sae was sitting there beside me. She wasn’t the prince, and her eyes weren’t glowing, and she didn’t have the blue rose. She was just Sae.

“Miyazawa...”

“Did you have a good nap? You’ve been asleep for about three hours.”

What?!

I looked out the window and saw everyone who was in after school clubs outside, talking. Turning my head back to the clock in the room, I saw the time.

3:59. It’s almost 4 PM.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?”

“You looked so peaceful… I just couldn’t bring myself to do it, you have such a cute sleeping face. Ufufu...”

I turned my head a bit so I wouldn’t have to see her. I still can’t believe she’s acting like this. I’m sure her intentions aren’t bad, but… she embarrassed me, and she hasn’t apologized or given any reason. She’s acting completely normal. I heard her laughter die down, and when I looked, she was giving me a serious and worried expression.

“Yukirin...” she said in such a small voice. “Do you hate me?”

“I...”

“I just wanna know what’s wrong. I wanna help you.” That expression in her eyes was like seeing a poor little puppy, one even I couldn’t resist.

I guess now’s the time to ask…

“Miyazawa… Why did you… k-kiss me yesterday?”

“Eh?”

If now was the perfect time to ask, it would be the only time. Any other time would be too late. I can see in her eyes she realized what she had done. I know she must be confused as to why I acted like that around her, but I couldn’t bring myself to forgive her. If I didn’t tell her now, things would only get worse.

“I just want to know… why you did that. If you can just explain to me, like, do you have feelings for me? Or...”

“Yukirin...”

“You just surprised me all the sudden. I was so embarrassed, I thought that--”

“Wait, Yukirin...” she stopped me, holding my hand. “What are you talking about?”

Eh? Has she not been listening?

“Miyazawa, you kissed me, and that really embarrassed me. Now everyone--”

“I never kissed you.”

My eyes widened a bit, her hand still holding mine. I went silent seeing that sincerity in her eyes. She was telling the truth, or at least, she thinks she is.

“What?”

“I didn’t kiss you yesterday. I-I don’t remember ever doing such a thing to you.” Her hands grasped in mine, that sincere look in her eyes, it was too much. Why is she acting like this? “I don’t really remember much of yesterday, anyways. I just remember I was talking to you in the hall, but then after...”

“You’re lying!” I made her let go of my hands and got up. She did the same.

“I’m not.”

“Miyazawa, just stop. There’s no way you can say that and it be true! You kissed me, and I can never forgive you for that! Plus, with you acting like nothing happened, it’s just humiliating me.”

I grabbed my bag and was about to head out, but she called my name again and tried to stop me, holding my shoulder.

“Please, if we can just--”

“I’m sorry, Miyazawa… There’s nothing you can do.” I said coldly to her, removing her hand. “Just leave me alone.”

“Yukirin, please.”

“No! I said LEAVE ME ALONE!” Then, I ran off as fast as I could. I didn’t want to face her, I didn’t want to talk to her. After she embarrassed me, humiliated me, she acted like nothing happened, like that moment never existed. But, I knew. It was real, and everyone in school knows, too. They’re spreading rumors about us, and people are seeing me different.

I don’t want to be that. I don’t want love, I don’t need it. Everything was perfectly fine until that ANGEL came. If she hadn’t come here, everything would’ve been fine, nothing would’ve changed, and I wouldn’t be like this. I wouldn’t be….

I’m… crying?

I felt my cheek. Yes, I was crying. That doesn’t happen to me. I never cry. If that ANGEL, if Miyazawa Sae never came, maybe my dreams would have faded away. I wouldn’t have to worry about anything except my future. And, I wouldn’t have shed my first tears since I was a child.

Sae’s POV

I left the infirmary and leaned up against the wall, looking down the hall where Yukirin ran off. What happened to her all of the sudden? She said I kissed her… and then, she started crying when she left. I touched my lips, trying to remember, but nothing came to mind. I think if I kissed her, I would’ve remembered, I would’ve sensed that feeling just now, but… nothing. But, her eyes, the way she acted, how she spoke… she seemed to be telling the truth, but nothing in my head links…

Did I really… kiss her? ….No, if I kissed someone, I would know… I would’ve known… if something like that happened….

“Ah!” I suddenly felt this sharp pain in my head. It was this intense pain, like my head was being pounded against a large wall, or being scraped against something heavy, and my ears, I could hear this incredibly high pitched tone that made it feel like my ears were bleeding. I moaned and groaned in pain, holding my head tight.

What…. What’s going on? M-my head..!

“NO!!!” My hand punched the wall, leaving a small dent in its place. The noise and pain in my head faded as I caught my breath. I remember that feeling, that intense heavy feeling over my body, that feeling of wanting to scream so loud, it hurt. It hurt my entire body so much, but I knew it was just my head.

I hadn’t felt like that since…

“Oh no...” I looked at my hand, realizing what was going on. Finally, a connection was made in my head.

That’s the only explanation.

“It’s happening again..!”

Meanwhile...

Third Person POV

In the darkness, secluded from any source of light except for the moon, the four girls entered a dark cave that no one else dared to enter. Myao and Rabutan had marking drawn on their hands and arms, all the way up to their shoulders and near the nape of their neck. They laid down on solid rock as restraints bound them down, their wrists and ankles unable to move. Umechan was already mixing up something in a large rock cauldron, then she poured some into two cups and forced the two poor Sanshou to drink it.

The two reluctantly swallowed the suspiciously viscous liquid. It’s taste was horrid and make them gag, and it felt warm and slimy going down their throats. As they were thinking it was a stupid decision to take the potion, their inside started to burn. An unpleasant sensation took over their bodies, engulfing them with an excruciating pain. Soon, their struggling could be heard by the sound the the restraints friction. Arms and legs stirred into all direction.

At the same time, Yuka started to chant unintelligible words to the Sanshou sisters, almost as if in a foreign language. Umechan joined her after throw an unknown thing into the rock cauldron. This new ingredient made a shady fog rise from the cauldron. This fog seemed to have a life of its own. It slowly swayed, dancing toward the rock where the sisters helplessly struggled. It smoothly touched the two girls body and caressed their skin, almost like it was looking for something.

When the fog completely covered both girls, it stopped. It’s stagnate state lasted only a second and was suddenly fading, like it was being sucked by every cell of their bodies. They felt this power, burning like fire inside them, and they could feel their muscles tense, and relax, over and over again.

It didn’t occur to them that their marks were changing, and growing, spreading throughout their entire body, until it reached up behind their ear, onto one side of their face. Myao’s eyes popped open, but they weren’t their normal, dark brown eyes anymore. They were glowing a neon green, her pupils slit like you would see in a snake’s eye. Rabutan’s was the same, too, a bright neon magenta pink with slit pupils.

“Oh God…!” Myao screamed out as she felt this new sensation coursing in her veins. “The POWER! It’s.. unbelieveable!”

“More, more!” her younger sister giggled maniacally. “I want MORE!”

Ayaka and Yuka smiled as they watched them slowly transform. Their outfits had completely changed from normal. It was cute, but also creepy and intimidating, like evil, demonic lolita dolls. They had yarn tied in their hair, strange, foreign markings on their capes, and even Rabutan’s precious bunny rabbit doll had changed, it’s fur now black and eyes a spine-tingling blood red. The two girls rose up, breaking the restraints on them and an evil aura covered their bodies as they giggled evily. Umechan walked over to her newly transformed underlings and gave them each an eyemask to wear.

“From now on, you two are no longer the Sanshou sisters.”

“That’s right,” Myao smirked as she put on her mask, which instantly hooked on without a string. Rabutan nodded and did the same.

“We’re double the trouble. Literally.”

“Let’s call you… the Twin Blades.”

To Be Continued

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:

Offline arawche079

• Hiatus
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: REBORN - Chapter 9 (SaeYuki) 7/17/15
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2015, 01:07:27 PM »
Yes!

Why did sae forgot that she kissed yuki?

Nice fic author san

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: REBORN - Chapter 9 (SaeYuki) 7/17/15
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »

Chapter 10 - Love at First Sight

Sae’s POV

Yukirin…

I stood outside the hall, staring at Yukirin’s empty desk. I came here first thing in the morning so I could apologize to her, try to explain what happened, but she never came to school. I was the first to notice, since she was so quiet, it took a while before anyone else in class found out. I sighed.

“Sae-chan~” I heard Yuko’s voice as she ran out and hugged my arm. “What you poutin’ about?”

“Oh, nothing, Yuko. I’m just.. thinking about Yukirin.”

“You miss her? Yea, I feel you. I wonder if she’s alright.”

Takamina came out and leaned up against the wall. “Hey, guys...”

“Hey...”

I stared up at the ceiling as the two talked. I can still remember clearly what had happened yesterday. Whatever happened, it really upset Yukirin, but… I could’ve sworn I left for home after I talked to her that day. She says I kissed her…

No, that just can’t be. Yukirin is just a really nice girl, and I wanna be friends with her. Still, I get all doki-doki when I’m talking to her and I don’t know what else to say; it’s so weird.

I wonder…. Hrm…

“Hey,” I rose my voice and caught their attention. “How do you know… when you’re in love with someone?”

“Eh?” They harmonized.

“Like, when did you first realize you were in love with Nyan-nyan and Acchan?”

“Oh, we’re talkin’ love, are we?” Yuko giggled. “Well, when I first saw Haruna… Mm, I don’t really know what it was. It just hit me, y’know?”

“Oh, same with me! I just understood in that one moment that I really like her,” Takamina responded.

“Speaking of which, you never really told us how you and Acchan first met.”

“Ah! Yea, that’s right. When did you know you liked her, Takamina?”

Takamina turned a bit pink and giggled, covering her mouth. “Well...” she chuckled out softly. “Actually, that’s a bit difficult to say...”

“Huh?”

She sighed and calmed down a bit, fanning herself off before speaking again.

“The thing is, when I first ‘met’ Acchan, she wasn’t a teenager. I actually first met her when she was still a child...”

Flashback

Third Person POV

“....” A young child stood under a tree as she watched her bright red balloon swaying in the breeze. The child, who was actually Acchan, didn’t try to call for help or get it herself, for she didn’t know how to do either.

She just stood there, about to cry, when she suddenly felt a light breeze blow across her face. Before she knew it, a black figure flew in, grabbing her balloon, and landed down in front of her. It was none other than Minami, dawning an all-black outfit with these weird accessories attached to her ears.

“Here.” She handed Acchan her balloon and patted her head softly. “Don’t cry. It’s okay.”

“...Th-thank.. you...” she finally let her voice out, staring up at the ANGEL.

End of Flashback

Sae’s POV

“Eh~ that’s so sweet, Takamina.”

“She was still a child then, and I didn’t want to see a child like her cry. I had to, it was the right thing to do. I soon realized I was unconsciously watching over her, and eventually, I joined the same middle school as her. Before I knew it...”

“It was love, as it was meant to be, right?”

“Haha, exactly.”

“Well, maybe that’s it, Sae. Maybe you just found the right person when you saw her.” Yuko said as she nudged my shoulder. “And I can guess who it is...”

Her finger pointed to Yukirin’s empty desk.

“Yukirin..?”

“It’s SO obvious you have a thing for her.”

“W-what?! That’s not true at all!!!” I felt my face flush madly as Yuko gave me a perverted grin.

“C’mon, you know you want her. After all, I’ve heard the rumors… About you two gettin’ all… smoochy-smoochy.”

“Yuko!!!” I lowered my voice and pulled her closely. “I didn’t kiss her.”

“Everyone says you did. Plus, I saw you sleeping with her in the infirmary. You two looked so cute; you should just ask her out.”

“I can’t do that...” I broke away from her and leaned back against the wall, sinking to the ground. “She probably hates me...”

“You’re in love with her, right?”

I looked up at them, frowning.

“Well, you don’t know that you’re in love right away,” Takamina spoke. “It takes time before you truly realize it. Just think about it to yourself for a while.”

“Thanks guys.”

Yuko ruffled my hair before she and Takamina left. I hugged my knees and sighed into them, still thinking about yesterday. I still remember that face, her crying face. I remember that voice, it was filled with so much pain and shame. Whatever happened to her… really hurt her.

But… just what happened?

Third Person POV

“Sado-sama.” Umechan came in and knelt down in front of her Queen.

“What do you have to report, Umeda?”

“The ANGELs killed Manamana.”

Sado’s eyes widened in shock. But only for a short moment, then her head hung low as she groaned lowly. “Damnit… those girls really are useless.”

“Not entirely.” Umechan grinned. “They just needed a little push was all. I was able to give it to them.”

“Really?” Sado’s eyebrow twitched as she looked back at her. “So?”

“So… I summoned the Chaos spirits and had them possess the two. They’re out causing some real mayhem right now.”

She turned to the mirror and touched the glass with her fingertip a bit, a few ripples formed and then the image of the Twin Blades appeared. There was broken glass on the ground, and they were taking all the jewelry and draining the humans of their energy. Behind the masks, they’re eyes were glowing brightly, and they laughed maniacally. Yuka was standing in the corner of the room, smiling as she watched the humans suffer.

Sado smiled slightly. “Very well done.”

Umechan smiled and bowed her head. But when she looked up, that smile had gone.

“But remember...” she said in a low voice. “Chaos demons are quite…incompatible.”

“Yes ma’am...”

Sae’s POV

At lunch, I watched outside the window as Yuko and the others ate outside on the courtyard. I tried to call Yukirin and ask her about what happened to her yesterday and what made her mad, but she didn’t answer. After three more times, I finally gave up. She’s been ignoring me ever since that day. I couldn’t even face her now, I just had to watch from a  distance as she suffered with something I didn’t know about.

Although, as I kept thinking about what was going on, I couldn’t help but remember. That pain I felt… that splitting headache accompanied by that voice calling out for someone. I had a good feeling that there was something seriously wrong with me… And I think I know what.

“Sae...” I heard a voice call for me from behind and when I turned around, I saw Mayuyu.

“Mayuyu? What are you…? I-I thought you were eating lunch.”

“I lost my appetite. I was watching you earlier in class; you kept staring at Yukirin’s desk. I know you’re really worried about her. I am, too.”

She walked closer and leaned against the wall beside me. Everyone else was outside or in another part of school, so it was just the two of us.

“Sae… what do you think about her? Yukirin?”

“Eh?”

“What do you like about her?”

Why this question all of the sudden?

But, I just sighed and calmly answered her question.

“Well, she’s smart… She answered a lot of questions right in class and she helped me out when I was confused with something. She never lost her cool, and was always so calm and professional, she’s so mature. And, she’s also really cute. When she blushes, I giggle every time. And, just looking at her…. just… wow.”

“Just ‘wow’?”

“Well, I mean… She’s beautiful.”

“Sae...” she pursed her lips a bit and looked at me. “Are you.. in love with Yukirin?”

“Ah! Did you overhear my conversation with Yuko and Takamina? I-I already talked to them, and well...”

“I mean, just the way you talk about her, and the look in your eyes when you do… it lights up.” She giggled, and I did the same. “And… well, I saw you kiss her.”

My eyes widened when she said that. “I saw you kiss her.” She was there when it happened. That means… she might know something..!

I turned around to face her and grabbed her shoulders.

“Mayuyu, you saw what happened, right? Tell me. Tell me everything that happened.”

“Eh? Why?”

“Just tell me, what did I do that day, when and how did I kiss her?”

There was confusion in her eyes, and a faint blush. I calmed down and let go of her shoulders before asking again.

“Please…. tell me what you saw.”

“Well, I was outside on the courtyard, doing some plant research for science class, then I accidentally ran into you. I apologized, but then you just looked at me weird, like you didn’t know who I was. Then, you just smiled and patted my head. It was weird, but I saw that your eyes were glowing bright blue. I didn’t know if it was my imagination or something, but it was very vivid blue. Anyways, after you left, you went to the center of the courtyard and started playing the violin, and when you were finished, you went to Yukirin and… you.. k-kissed her.”

“And then?”

“Then… she pushed you. She was really mad about it; Yukirin isn't that type of girl, y’know. She doesn’t like someone kissing her suddenly, especially boys. N-not that I’m calling you one.”

“It’s okay, Mayuyu. I get called a boy often...”

“She… she doesn’t want anything to do with love. So, then, she ran off.”

“Is that all?”

“Y-yeah, pretty much...”

That’s it… That has to be…

“Mayuyu...” I rose my voice once more as I held her shoulders. “I have to tell you something, but you gotta promise to keep it a secret.”

“What?”

“Please, you can’t tell anyone, not even Yukirin,” I said in a serious voice and looked straight in her eyes.

She nodded. “Okay...”

I took a deep breath, prepared to speak.

“The truth is… I--”

NO!

I felt another sharp pain hit me as the voice yelled at me. I clutched my head as I fell on one knee, the high ringing resonated in my ear.

“Sae?! Sae, what’s wrong?!” I can hear Mayuyu, but I can’t concentrate on what she’s saying. I can’t focus. All I hear is that noise, all I feel is pain, this immense pain that makes my body feel heavy, and my head feels like it’s about to split open. My heart is pounding so fast, I think it’s gonna burst. I wanna scream, but no sound comes out, like something’s lodged in my throat. I can only hear my groans of pain as that voice echoes in my head.

You cannot tell her! You cannot tell anyone!

M-Mayu…

I won’t let you do this, Sae!

“Sae, what’s going on?” I looked and saw Mayu’s blurred figure. She was looking at me with worry in her eyes.

I can’t let him do this… If she sees this…

“D-don’t… c-come any.. c-c-closer…!” I breathed out as I rolled on the ground.

“Sae..!” I saw Mayu’s hand try to reach for me, then I felt myself be pulled back, but I could still hear what was going on.

“No! Go away!” I heard his voice mixing with mine as my body went numb from all the pain. I was losing control; he was starting to take over. Darkness surrounded me, but my mind still allowed me to hear what was going on.

“Sae, stop!”

No! I said LEAVE ME ALONE!

Yuki...rin.… No……

……

*Fw-WOOSH*

*CRASH*

“Kyaa!!!”

I woke up on the ground and saw Mayu, sitting against the wall. Her hands covered her mouth as she looked at me with wide eyes. I looked around. Everything was blown away, the door of the classroom near us crashed open and on the ground. That classroom was unused, but it was supposed to be locked. There was frost and ice on the floor and wall where I was, and ice cracked the window slightly.

“Mayuyu...” I said as I got up. I didn’t try to get close; she looked like she was afraid of me, now. “I-I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to do this.”

“Sae… what’s going on? Is something wrong?”

“..I-I...”

“Don’t tell her.” I heard his voice in my head, but this time, no pain came to me.

“...I’m sorry, Mayuyu. Just forget it.” I said as I got up and started to leave.

“What? But--”

“It’s okay. I’ll be fine...” I lied. I know what’s going on now, and I have to stay away. “I think I’ll just go home and get some rest… Bye….” I ran off before she could say anything, and covered my mouth as tears flowed down my face.

Meanwhile, out on the courtyard…

Yuko’s POV

I looked up at the window just over my head as everyone ate their lunches and talked. I thought I heard someone screaming up there, then this weird crash or explosion or something. Did the chemistry club mix the wrong chemicals together or something?

“Yuu-chan~” Haruna pulled my sleeve and got up to see what was going on. “What’s wrong?”

“Ah, nothing. I just thought I heard something...”

“Do you think Sae-chan’s alright? She’s been thinking about Yukirin for a long time.”

“Yea, and Yukirin isn’t here either.”

“I wonder what’s wrong with them lately.” I said as I leaned against the tree. “Sae and I talked to; she was asking me and Takamina about love.”

Haruna looked at me with wide eyes. “Love?”

“Yeah, she wanted to know how it felt when you were in love with someone for the first time. And, I think she’s got it bad for Yukirin.”

“Oh yeah, I heard about what happened. Is it true?”

“Yea, Mayu said she even saw it happen. I don’t know, but just the look on her face when she told me. I think Mayu knows something. And, I’m also worried about Yukirin. I think if she doesn’t make up with Sae and forgive her soon, things are just gonna get worse. Sae really cares about her.”

“And that’s why you think she’s in love with her?”

“It’s easy when you identify the tells. Everyone has them. Like Takamina, whenever we start talking about Acchan and she’s not around, she’ll get super girly. She’ll just go on and on, giggling and acting like a fangirl. There was even one time when Acchan walked straight in and she didn’t noticed, and when she did, her face will turn tomato red.”

Haruna laughed a bit. “That’s so cute.”

“I love it when Minami acts so embarrassed. She’s such a girl.”

“She’s also a hopeless romantic.”

“Haha, Yuko~! She’s not hopeless!”

Haruna turned and looked at me. “How did you know you were in love with me?”

Ah, this question again…

I looked up and thought about it a bit; I didn’t want to make it sound silly. Well, maybe a little.

“I guess it was like Sae: ‘Love at first sight’. You are down right gorgeous, and anyone would be lucky to have you. But...” I looked at her and hugged her waist. “I’m not givin’ you up so easily.”

“Oh, you...” she wrapped her arm around my neck as I giggled madly. She just knows how to make me love her more, huh? She makes me happy…

Yuki’s POV

Already 2 o’ clock, huh? Damnit…

I never left my bed since I got home yesterday. I couldn’t eat or sleep, because I didn’t want to go to school. I wanted to clear my mind, but it was impossible. Everything that happened to me the past few days played over and over like a broken record. I want to move on, but I can’t. Just so you know, this isn’t love. This is insanity. This is hatred. I’ll never, ever forgive that Miyazawa… If she is worried about me, though… then how can she explain what she did?

*Ring ring*

I heard my phone ringing at the side of my bed and broke away from my thoughts. Slowly picking it up and looking at the screen, I saw that it was Mayu.

*Beep*

“Moshi-moshi?”

“Yukirin, are you okay?”

“Mayu… Yea, I’m fine. Just tired… Why did you call on your cell? Why didn’t you use the school phone?”

“Because I thought, since Sae’s already tried to call you on the school phone three times, you’d ignore it if I did.”

“O-oh...” I blushed, thinking of how devastated Sae must’ve been when I wouldn’t answer her. I probably made her worry about me more. “Nee, Mayu… why is Sae so worried about me?”

“Eh? Yukirin, don’t say it like that. Sae really cares about you.”

“But, Mayu, she...” I pursed my lips. I wanna stop remembering, I wanna forget, but I just can’t. It’s impossible. “She...”

“I don’t think Sae meant to hurt your feelings like that.”

“Eh?” All the sudden, her voice got serious. The voice in it was so different from normal, even more than after she told us she was an ANGEL. Was she taking Miyazawa’s side? What does she mean by that, Sae didn’t mean to hurt my feelings? She didn’t mean to kiss me? Nothing she’s saying is making sense, and that never happens when it’s Mayu. If Miyazawa didn’t mean to kiss me, why doesn’t she just apologize? She shouldn’t act stupid and pretend nothing happened when it obviously did.

“Yuki… Sae’s really sorry.”

“..!” I blinked my eyes a few times.

“She knows what she did was wrong, and I think she wants to apologize to you as much as you do, but… she just doesn’t know how.”

“...Is that all?” I said coldly in response.

“She even tried to tell me something, but then she started freaking out and left. She went back home, and since I don’t have her number--”

“Wait… what do you mean she was ‘freaking out’?”

“Well, it was like...” she went silent a few seconds before speaking again. “She… she was probably just frustrated. I-it wasn’t even that bad.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, she just got a bit stressed and stopped talking about it. In fact, she didn’t even freak out the least. I guess I was just exaggerating.”

Something’s not right. Mayu doesn’t lie, she’s not the type who would keep a secret. Well, yeah, I know she had to keep her identity a secret, but other than that, she never kept secrets from me. She’s bad at that. Whenever she tried to hide something, she’d either be clumsy and trip up or just feel guilty and come clean. I could tell in her voice, there was something else going on, and she didn’t want me to know about it. She was keeping something, and I think Miyazawa has something to do with it. There’s definitely something up, and I need to know what it is now.

“Whatever… I’ll be back tomorrow, so tell her not to worry, okay?”

“Thanks, Yukirin. I think she’ll be happy.”

“Yea, sure...” I sighed out. I told her bye and then hung up, pulling the covers back over my head. The thought of that ANGEL… just won’t leave me.

I would do anything… If it was just to erase that one moment… I’d do it… to forget.

Mayu’s POV

When after-school classes were done, I packed up my things and started heading home. I was going to call Yuki, but she didn’t pick up her cell. She was probably still thinking about the last time I called her, and Heaven only knows if she’s forgiven Sae or not.

I shuddered a bit. I still remember clearly that event with her today. She was really hurting, fighting something inside her that dared to come out, and in her mass hysteria, she had a meltdown. She went completely berserk and was screaming in pain, then this huge burst of psychic energy was released from her. The air in the room went cold, ice and frost surrounding her, and when she was done, she had only just realized what was going on and left.

There was truly something wrong with Sae; there’s something about her that’s different from the other ANGELs. I have a theory on what it could be, but… I still don’t know. But, with that much strength in her powers, it could possibly be true.

I walked outside to the entrance gate and saw Sae standing out there.

“Mayuyu...”

“Sae, I thought you went home.”

“Well, I, uhh, wanted to see if the basketball team was practicing. But, they wouldn’t let me back in, so...”

“It’s okay. They have practices everyday after school except Fridays, and they’ll be starting games soon, so those will be on Saturdays.”

“Alright. Thanks, Mayuyu!”

I decided to take a walk together with Sae a bit to clear my head about today. Being with Sae definitely helped. She always said things that you couldn’t help but smile and laugh with her. Even if she made a stupid remark and tried to cover it up, it’d be too cute to resist. Contrasting that was her outfit. Sae had a different fashion sense that us, I remember she showed us pictures she took of herself and the outfits she wore were all so… well, it suited her.

She and Takamina seemed to have bad sense in fashion, as Acchan showed us pictures of some of the outfits she wore in the past, but none compared to Sae’s colorful combinations. Right now, though, wasn’t too bad. She just wore a T-shirt with some grey pattern on it, a black jacket and matching pants. The belt around her wasn’t too flashy, it was normal, and it suited Sae’s black spiky hair and her rebel ikemen look.

But, somehow, the memory of this afternoon couldn’t leave my head. That pain in her eyes, her voice, everything. Like she was resisting something from taking over her… Maybe that’s it….. I still don’t know…

“Hey, Mayuyu,” I heard her voice and looked at her. “Is… Yukirin okay?”

I gulped before I answered her. “Why do you ask?”

“I just wanted to know… you seem to be her best friend, I thought you might have known something.”

“Are you still thinking about today?” I watched as her eyes flinched a bit and she gripped her fists, biting her lip. “If you wanna talk about it--”

“No, it’s fine.” I watched as she faked a smile before telling me goodbye and heading home. I saw the darkness in her eyes where the light used to be; and there was sadness...

It was already dark, so I decided to go home, but then I saw something come out of an old building. It was a woman, but she looked like a zombie, all the life was drained out of her. I ran up and tried to help her walk, but she looked at me with these empty, glass eyes. Her mouth was slightly opened, trying to say something, then curved into a terrifying smile.

I watched her hands rise up and she tried to strangle me. I was able to break free before her nails could seep into my skin. She growled and ran up to me, but then I released a sonic wave and knocked her down. She collapsed, unconscious, and I could see the purplish blue veins from her unnaturally pale skin. She was still alive, but her heart was not beating… She had no soul.

I looked inside the building and saw others that were like her, but were already tired out and were unconscious. In the far end of the room, I saw a bottle. A bottle with light in it. I slowly walked in through the window, careful not to step on the broken glass and wake the zombified people.

When I got close enough, I took a good look at the bottle. Pressing my temple, I activated my computer database chip and started scanning the bottle. In the small orbs of light, I saw the people, moaning and groaning softly in pain and agony. It reminded me of Sae today, all that pain in their voice as they tried to fight it.

I suddenly heard a horrid screech as a soulless man ran up with a knife, but I quickly dodged only to see his scream woke up the other people. They blankly stared at me as they inched closer, so I gathered up all my energy and stopped the ground, creating a sonic boom and knocking them down. They were unconscious, for now, but I don’t know when they’ll wake up. For now, I just need to turn them back to normal.

I took the bottle and opened it, then took each of the golden light orbs and placed it into each person. The color in their skin turned back to normal as the life in them returned, and I sighed with relief.

Who could’ve done this?

“That wasn’t very nice...” a voice echoed as I started to walk off. I turned around and saw a woman I’ve never seen before. I first took note of her thick Osaka accent, then I noticed that she was hovering over the unconscious woman I had saved. “Oh, well… she wasn’t of much use, anyways.”

“Who are you?”

“My name is Yuka, loyal servant to her Majesty.”

She’s like the Sanshou Sisters… "Her Majesty"…

Just who is the Queen, I wonder? I started to ask her, but then she turned and started leaving.

“Well then, I guess I’d better report this to her.”

“Wha-? Wait!”

“Catch ya later, alligator!” I watched as she walked off and teleported out of my sight before I could stop her.

“Come back here and fight!”

Then, two familiar voices entered my ears.

“She called us just in case...”

“Something like this would happen.”

“You...” It was the two Sanshou, Myao and Rabutan, but… something was wrong.

I watched as the two girls walked out, but something was different about them. There were these weird markings on them, each on a different side of them, right from their ankles to their face, at least, from what I’ve seen. They untied the straps on their masks and slowly removed them, revealing these demonic looking green and pink eyes. Their dresses were different, too. They were now a gothic-lolita style, and there were small gold and silver crown medallions on their ribbons. In their hair, there was yarn tied in, and Myao’s hat and Rabutan’s ribbon became a mix of black and pink.

“It’s been quite a while, ANGEL...” Myao said with a smirk. On the side of her cape was a strange red mark knitted in the cloth.

“Did you miss us?” Rabutan giggled as she hugged her now black bunny, which also had the same red mark knitted into its back.

“What happened to you two?”

“Now, now, don’t be rude. We just had a little growth spurt.”

“Seems like more than that...” I looked at them as they separated to both sides of me. There was this aura surrounding them, and it was strong, more evil than before. “More like a power-up.”

“Ano~ we did want to play with you some more, but you broke our toys.” Rabutan said with a sadistic smile.

“Which means...” Myao slowly let go of her small handbag, and Rabutan strapped her bunny friend onto her pack. Then, their eyes turned dark and evil, their pupils shrunk like thin slits of a snake’s eyes. “We’re going to… break you.”

Yuki’s POV

“Thanks for dinner.”

At early evening, I had finished my supper and walked back up to my room to rest a bit. I sighed, the thought of the past few days never left my mind. You think I would, even if I wanted to… I soon noticed I had received a message on my cell phone. I turned it on and checked to see who had left it. It was Mayu.

Mayu…

I still remember her last call from today. Those words… something in her voice wasn’t right when she said them.

“Sae’s really sorry.”

“She knows what she did was wrong.”

“I don’t think Sae meant to hurt your feelings like that.”

I wondered what she had meant by all that; I’ve never heard her talking about things like that. But, then again, I already knew Mayu had a distinct knowledge for love and romance. I thought to myself why she hadn’t come home yet… I pulled back my window curtains to see her lights weren’t on. I was starting to get worried, so I decided to go out for a walk to clear my mind. Maybe she was doing the same and I would run into her.

All of a sudden, I got call, and it was from Mayu.

*Beep*

“Hello?” Then, it got weird… no one was talking, but… I heard fighting in the background, then I heard a familiar voice… It was Mayu! I used my phone tracker app that Mayu had installed and saw she was just down the street. I hurried and ran towards her direction. “Mayu!”

Third Person POV

Rabutan was the first to attack Mayu, trying to throw a punch at her, but to which she quickly dodged. Then, Myao came up, trying to land her signature kick onto Mayu’s head, but she blocked it with her shoulder. She quickly threw her arm up to punch her, but she had ducked down before it could reach her.

As she raised up again, she pulled her arm back and lunged forward to punch her, but ended up it meeting her arm. Myao’s free arm started to hit her again, but Mayu quickly leaned herself back so she wouldn’t face the impact.

Rabutan’s kick came next, aimed at her stomach, then a punch came towards her. She quickly grabbed her fist, pulling her arm, and thrusted her knee into Rabutan’s stomach, causing the wind to be knocked out of her and she coughed up some blood. Mayu quickly turned and sent another kick towards Myao, but she moved to the side just in time to dodge and send another kick aimed to her head, which was blocked once more. The two girls stood side-by-side of each other in front of the ANGEL.

“With that cute face...” Mayu chuckled.

“Which one?”

“Eh? Me, right?”

“No way. She means me!”

“Stop screwing around!” As they were arguing, Mayu ran up and jumped in the air, about to punch them, but they both noticed and moved away, letting her land on the ground. She got right back up and instantly faced Rabutan.

Before Rabutan’s kick reached her, she quickly grabbed the incoming leg and punched her face successfully. As she freed herself, Myao came up from the other side, sending her punches one after another. Mayu dodged them quickly, but they were all very close to hitting her. She quickly pushed her away, only to have the second girl to run up to her again and try to attack.

Rabutan grabbed Mayu’s arm while she tried to pin her, then Myao came and grabbed one of Mayu’s legs that tried to kick her. The two were shaking her, teasing her as they held her still, unable to attack, and yelling echoed through the empty streets. Mayu struggled to break free, then Rabutan’s arms pinned her down as Myao let go of her leg and started punching her face.

They then threw her against the brick wall, landing into some trash cans, and were about to proceed once more with their torture, but Mayu rolled away before anything could happen. She slowly stood back up to her feet, touching her lips as she felt blood at the side of them.

“You’ve grown up a bit, haven’t you...”

“Why thank you.” Rabutan giggled to Mayu’s comment.

Myao’s eyebrow twitched. “Huh? Don’t listen to her; she was just being polite.”

“What? But it’s true.”

“You gotta be kidding me. You’re fugly.” she said before clicking her tongue.

Rabutan glared back at the ANGEL.

“Well, then, I guess I’ll grow a little bit more~”

She rushed forward, but ended up her attack failing and was flown back a bit. Myao proceeded to do the same, but Mayu quickly stopped her fist and turned it with the back of her hand and knocked the elder sister away. The younger came up from behind and and grabbed her neck, but Mayu elbowed her in the stomach and freed herself from her grasp. She sent a series of punches to her, until she felt the elder push her shoulder and spun her around to face her. She saw the incoming punch, and quickly blocked it with her arm.

As she held her arm tightly from moving, she looked up and saw a figure coming down the street. It was Yuki. She quickly pushed Myao away, kicking her to knock her down before proceeding to Rabutan. She blocked her arm and quickly punched her face, once. Then twice. And three times. She was ready to deliver the final blow into her, until…

“YAAA!!!” she heard Myao scream from behind.

“Mayu!!!” Then, Yuki’s voice.

She quickly turned and saw a figure step in front of her, taking the blow. Then, Rabutan pushed her back down and threw dirt into her eyes. Everything around her became blurry and her sight system temporarily shut down.

Yuki’s POV

I watched there as Mayu was beating the Sanshou girls. I noticed they were different, they were wild and more demonic than before. Did they get a power-up or something? I saw Myao pick up a wooden pole and she screamed before rushing to Mayu.

“Mayu!!!”

I hurried and without thinking, I hugged her, taking the blow from the pole into my back. I bit my teeth into Mayu’s shirt from the splintering pain. I felt the younger sister push Mayu to the ground, then she kicked my stomach and knocked me down before throwing dirt at Mayu. It got into her eyes and she screamed.

“Mayu!” I quickly helped her sit up as she rubbed her closed eyes.

“I’m okay, Yuki. I just need to clean out the lenses in my system...”

I felt the two girls grab my shirt and pull me away, then they started kicking me with joyful, sadistic smiles on their faces. I noticed they had fangs growing now in their mouths. They were small, but they were still fangs.

That’s when I knew, they transformed into demons.

“Come on, Yuki, get up~” they said sarcastically as they dragged me on the ground.

“Yeah, we’re not done yet.”

I heard Mayu growl angrily and she got up, swinging her arms blindly to try and hit them. She screamed at them, telling them to fight, but they had moved out of their reach. Rabutan grabbed her shoulder and punched her face, knocking her to the ground. They kept doing so, along with dragging me and kicking my stomach repeatedly. As I was coughing, trying to catch my breath, I leaned up against a wall and sat down, watching Mayu knock both girls away, but they just giggled as if it was all just a game.

“Haha, this is awesome!”

“Are you okay?!”

Then, as my head leaned back, I turned and saw something not too far away from the scene… as the clouds moved and the moons light shined on it, I instantly knew. That thought came to me…

“A handsome prince with glistening silver hair and electric blue eyes…”

That aura… That powerful energy…

No, it wasn’t a prince. It was…

“Miyazawa..?”

Sae’s POV

As I walked back to my apartment, every word that I heard from the first few days I’ve been here echoed in my head. Meeting Yuki, hurting her in such a way, and I can’t tell her. And Mayu, she knows. She knows that I’m… different. She doesn’t know why yet, but I’m certain she does. Furthermore, she knows Yuki’s been suffering and it’s my fault…

No! I have to make things right!

Gripping my bag, I quickly turned around and walked back in the direction Mayu was going in. I kept going until I heard her voice, followed by some other screams.

What’s going on?

I finally stopped when I saw that Mayu was in a fight with these two girls wearing there gothic-lolita outfits. They kinda looked like girls from a horror flick, and it sent chills through my spine. And boy, were they strong. But so was Mayu. She was doing a number on them, trying to fight back. I wonder who they are, why are they fighting.

I watched as one girl grabbed a wooden pole and was about to hit Mayu.

“Mayu!” I was about to help, but then I saw Yuki was already there. She met my gaze, probably, but just for a second, then she yelled out and got in front of Mayu, taking the blow.

Something inside me, watching that… snapped.

"***********"

Oh no… Not again..!

I dropped my bag, feeling my heart grow heavy. Everything inside me was shutting down; I was starting to lose touch with myself. I wanted to scream, to fight, to help. But all I could do was stand there, frozen like a statue, and watch. Watch as they tortured Yuki, beating her, even when she was at their mercy.

“Yuki~, stand up. Come on, stand up already~”

My heart was pounding, my breath labored to sharp intakes of air. I was feeling him take over me.

Don’t...

No, please. Don’t!

Don’t you..!

Yukirin… I’m sorry.

...dare TOUCH HER!!!

*Ba-bump*

I felt everything inside me go numb and my mind went completely blank. My eyes slowly closed as my head dropped and I felt all self-control left slip away from my body.

Third Person POV

Myao and Rabutan suddenly stopped their roar of laughter as they felt something was wrong. There was a pain in their noses, and they felt like something was inside it. They quickly covered their noses, raised their heads up, then, when they looked at their hands, they saw blood from their noses on the palms of their hands.

“KYAAAAA!!!”

“T-Tomato sauce..!”

“S-st-strawberry sauce..!”

All the sudden, that toughness was gone and they started whining and crying like babies in front of the two girls. Of course, they weren’t paying attention, as this was to be expected.

“Itai~”

“Mou~ it’s that ANGEL’s fault.”

“Yeah, we’ll need to call an ambulance!”

As they were carrying on, Yuki was watching as a familiar figure was standing right behind the two demon girls. It was Sae, her head hung low and her hands balled into loose fists. Her head slowly raised up, her bangs covering her eyes slightly, but you could see that they were actually closed. Overhead, the clouds moved away and the moon’s light shined on her, revealing her entire figure to them. What Yuki saw, however, wasn’t a normal Sae. Sae’s body was covered by an electric blue aura, which seemed to make her hair also shine silver. Like the prince’s hair. The Twin Blades had stopped their fussing and turned around, giving Sae a dark look.

“We’ll pay you back...”

“For our nosebleeds...”

Even though Sae’s eyes were shut, she could hear everything perfectly clear. She could hear the two girls circling her, the broken glass from the window crackling at their feet as their heels stepped on the ground. Slowly, they circled around each side of her, meeting in the middle right behind her, and high fiving each other as they switched sides and ended up on opposite sides of her.

The next moment, everything in Sae’s ears was silent. Only a light breeze blowing remained until it finally faded away. She remained perfectly still, her eyes shut tight, and her hands still loosely wrapped into fists.

Then…

“...Argh!” She heard the scuff of Rabutan’s feet and her grunt as she ran up to punch her.

Sae’s mouth curved a slight smirk, and in an instant, she spun around and circled the smaller girl, dodging her attack and pushing her away to her elder sister. Sae’s feet screeched to a stop a bit, and when she opened her eyes, the two saw they were glowing an intense blue light.

Yuki’s heart skipped a beat as she felt those eyes were looking at her, too.

“A handsome prince with glistening silver hair and electric blue eyes…”

Those same blue eyes that stared into her soul, calmed her when she was stressed, and warmed her heart. But now, those kind, gentle eyes were now sharper and fierce, like a different person from the prince she saw smile at her. The prince who kissed her. Now, those eyes were more like the ones of a knight who wanted to protect her.

“Sae...” she suddenly heard her voice call out to her… by her first name.

In one swift movement, Sae spun around once more and sent a flying kick to both of the girls, knocking them down instantly. The straps on Rabutan’s bunny snapped off and it fell on the ground, landing a foot away from them.

The Twin Blades looked up to see Sae standing with her back turned, but they were terrified at something. Sae’s aura was intense and powerful, like nothing they’ve seen or felt before. They huddled against each other on the ground, holding each other as she turned around to face them. They started shivering in fear as Sae raised her hand up to them.

Meanwhile, Mayu blinked her eyes as her system cleared out and the first thing she saw was a blurry figure of the two demonic lolitas on the ground, facing them was a figure covered in blue light. As she recalibrated her eyesight, she soon realized it was Sae, covered in a beautiful sky blue aura. She saw her hand aimed at the two girls, and at her open palm, an orb of intense blue light. Mayu and the two frightened ex-Sanshou watched as Sae’s lips mouthed something before a bright flash surrounded them.

I won’t forgive you...

Then, the two girls’ screams filled the air.

When the flash was gone and Mayu looked, she saw that there was ice covering the ground, mixed with black dust where the Twin Blades used to be. She soon realized Sae used an ice elemental attack to freeze and destroyed the girls. Her hand slowly lowered as she stood there, staring at the remains, letting out a sigh.

“Sae...” Mayu slowly got up, about to walk up to the girl.

Sae’s head turned and looked at the girl with a shocked expression. She didn’t say anything and just turned her gaze to the girl sitting on the ground behind her before looking down at the ground. Her fists slightly tightened.

“Sae… how did you...?” She didn’t get to finish her question as she passed Mayu and knelt down in front of Yuki.

Mayu suddenly had a realization.

“Could it be… Is Sae..?”

Yuki stared at the ANGEL in front of her. Her powerful aura and overwhelming energy surrounding her was gone, only leaving her mesmerizing blue eyes. Sae had a sad expression on her face, biting her lips as she looked away from Yuki a short second.

Yuki spoke in the silence, “M-Miyazawa...”

Sae gritted her teeth a bit, her eyes not looking up at the raven girl.

“Miyazawa… why are you--?” Suddenly, Sae placed her finger in front of Yuki’s pink lips and looked at her once more, her eyes locking on hers. Yuki felt frozen in her spot. She couldn’t speak, she couldn’t think. Her body wasn’t responding to her own thoughts and everything seemed to slowly melt away into nothingness. Sae spoke softly, gently into her ear.

Go to sleep for a bit.

On that command, Yuki’s eyes lost all light and slowly closed, the energy in her body slowly faded and made her limp and heavy. She fell into the girl’s embrace, placed in a deep sleep and drifting into a dream. Sae carried the sleeping girl in her arms securely before she started to walk off. Mayu was watching everything unfold and was silent, but then finally decided to speak up.

“Sae..!” her voice made the elder ANGEL stop in her tracks, turning to look at her. “Where are you taking her?”

But all she got as a reply was a smile, no words. But that look… it was something to Mayu. She watched as Sae did a running start before she jumped and started flying in the air. Watching this, Mayu finally fitted the last piece in and came to a conclusion.

Powerful aura, intense psychic power, and incredible abilities no other ANGEL had(that being ice powers and flight). There was only one conclusion Mayu could process in her mind; the only explanation for Sae and her circumstances. Sae was an ANGEL made with the original blue blood formula made centuries ago. The only thing was, how and why does she? Was Sae older than she had said, or was there another secret to this? She didn’t have time to think anymore as she now had to follow Sae to find wherever it was she was taking Yuki.

In the air, Sae was light as a feather, floating in the sky as if there was no gravity around her. Her blue eyes looked down at the girl in her arms, peacefully asleep in her dream world. A memory flashed in her mind, making her smile. She looked back up as she saw her destination. Her home.

To Be Continued

Offline qweakb

• Member+
Re: REBORN - Chapter 10 (SaeYuki) 7/18/15
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2015, 04:07:35 PM »
Why Sae could not remember the time that she was kissing yukirin? Is it because she have other soul???

Thanks for the update XD
Become AKB fan after watching AKB0048.
Oshimen : Takamina and Mayu
Favorite pair : TakaAstu, Mayukirin, KumiYuria, Wmatsui, JirinaMayu etc.
(After reading the fanfic, my favorite pair just keep increasing :( )

Offline arawche079

• Hiatus
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2015, 01:59:18 PM »
Oh i see things are getting interesting...hehe

Kojiyuu is cute too...

I will wait for more

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2015, 02:16:40 AM »

:deco: Last chapter of the SaeYuki arc! And something special at the end~ :deco:

Chapter 11 - Memories

Third Person POV

Sae arrived at the balcony to her apartment and slowly descended down to the solid ground. She walked in, still carrying the raven-haired girl, Yuki, princess style in her arms and slowly set her down on the couch. She continued to watch her sleep, beautifully, peacefully. So many memories of the past filled her head, the past she wished she could have back, but knew she never could. The back of her hand slowly caressed her cheek, it was so soft and warm. Sae had a smile on her face, her heart racing inside as this pleasant warmth enveloped her body.

She had this sudden urge come over her, one which, she could not resist any longer. She wanted to kiss Yuki. Those soft-looking, small and delicate lips that she loved so, and she wanted to kiss them once more. How she longer for it, how she missed it, since the last time she did so. Her hand cupped Yuki’s cheek as she slowly leaned forward to kiss her. She was confident about this, that one kiss. She knew this kiss would bring her back; the girl she loved more than anyone else in the world. And bringing her back would mean the world to her. Her eyes slowly closed with her lips inches away from Yuki’s…

“No!” Suddenly, her own voice echoed inside her, causing her to jump back and clutch her head, a throbbing pain shocking her in her head. Her eyes open wide.

What are you still doing here?” she spoke out loud in a voice lower than normal.

“This is wrong. I don’t want to do this to Yukirin!”

You still don’t get it, do you? She’s the one.

“You may say that, but--”

I’m sure, Sae!” she screamed at herself, hitting her fist on the coffee table behind her while she sat down. “Sae… you don’t know anything about true love, not yet…

“But...”

Why are you so worried for me? Didn’t you say you wanted me to be happy? To have her back with me? You promised you’d help me.

“Well, yeah, but… she hates me.”

The outer Sae went silent, staring at the ground as she bit her lip.

No… she doesn’t hate you. She hates me. But… maybe if I remind her who she is… just maybe…” Her hand slowly raised up to touch Yuki once more. “Maybe she’ll love me again.

“Wait!” Sae screamed again and caused her outer self to feel an intense pain in her head, causing her to stand up and back away from the unconscious girl. “Yukirin’s different now. She’s not the same girl you knew before. If you do something, she’ll hate BOTH of us!”

Quiet!” The other Sae banged on the mirror, looking at her reflection.

However, unlike this Sae, who now had glowing blue eyes, in her reflection, the real Sae could be seen. Her eyes were brown, and even though she mimicked the outer Sae’s movements, her facial expression was different. It was worried.

If you don’t let me do this, she may disappear for good.

“You don’t have to force her!” Sae’s reflection spoke on its own.

Have you forgotten everything I’ve told you?! She and I, we were meant for each other.

“That doesn’t mean you can do something like this, Ruka!”

The outer persona, Ruka, looked down and pressed her head against the cold mirror. Right now, this wasn’t Sae. It’s someone else inside Sae’s body. This persona was the one who kissed Yuki that day, the one who saved her, the prince who haunted her dreams. He was a part of Sae, but perhaps, from long, long ago.

Suddenly, Sae and Ruka heard the door open and someone ran inside calling out for her.

“Sae!” She saw Mayu there, standing in front of her. Of course, Mayu didn’t see Sae in the reflection or hear her talking. She just heard and saw Ruka.

Why did you come here?” he asked.

“I’m worried about you, Sae...”

Ruka didn’t want to answer. She just looked away from the young ANGEL.

“Ruka, don’t be like this...”

“Yukirin...” They heard Mayu as she slowly walked over and was about to touch Yuki, but Ruka ran up and grabbed Mayu’s wrist, gripping it tight.

Don’t touch her!

“S-Sae…! I-itai.. Itai..!”

“No, don’t hurt her! Mayuyu’s my friend.” Ruka suddenly froze hearing Sae’s voice. His grip was still tight on her wrist, not letting go, but he was staring at his own hand as she spoke. “I promise you, she won’t do anything to hurt you. She’s like me, she just wants to help you!”

Mayu looked up and saw Sae’s eyes, the light in her eyes flickering to stay in control.

Ma… yu… yu..?” The two voices mixed together until all the light in her eyes disappeared and they returned to their normal brown orbs. Sae was back in control of herself and blinked her eyes a few times as if she woke up from a dream. She saw her hand holding Mayu’s wrist and quickly let go, backing away. “Oh my gosh, Mayuyu! I… I’m so sorry..! I didn’t mean to….”

“Sae, what happened back there? That was...”

Sae didn’t remember anything that happened passed Yuki being beaten up by the two devil-lolita girls. Ruka saw everything and was furious, so he came out, and that was when Sae blacked out. When she woke up inside her mind, she saw Ruka with Yuki in her apartment about to kiss her, but anything before that, nothing.

“M-Mayuyu, I… That.. that wasn’t… I-I didn’t...” Sae couldn’t speak, she was cornered.

“Sae, please tell me what’s going on. I want to do everything I can to help you.”

“Mayuyu...”

Sae gulped as she looked away from Mayu’s gaze, talking to her inner persona.

“Ruka, you can trust her. Mayuyu’s my friend.”

Promise?

“Promise.”

Ruka sighed in Sae’s mind.Well, I guess I don’t have a choice. I’ve already revealed myself enough.

“Thank you, Ruka...”

Sae let out a sigh and sat down on the chair near the couch. Mayu pulled up a chair near Sae’s desk and sat down, too, facing her. Sae took a deep breath in before speaking.

“Okay… Well, when I was created, there was… a bit of a problem.”

“What kind of problem?”

“The heart I was made with. Somehow, the blood’s formula was able to awaken something in it. The soul of the person who had it… he still survived. And now, he’s inside me.”

“You mean… like a split personality?”

“No, not like that at all. He’s still alive, and his mind and soul is separate from mine. But, there are times when he tends to take control of me. It happened when you saw me kiss Yukirin.”

“And when you beat the Sanshou...”

“Eh? Who?”

“Oh, I’ll tell you later. So, when did you know he was in there, with you?”

“It was actually a week after they created me. I was starting my combat training. All of my tests said that my physical and mental statuses were stable, but when I started training, that’s when things went bad. Ruka was trying to take control of me, and it was so painful, I was having a panic attack. I was going absolutely crazy, I could see these visions in my head I didn’t want to see. I kept yelling at them, trying to make them go away, until I realized what I was seeing wasn’t real. It was Ruka’s mind, his memories.”

Mayu stopped her for a second. “W-wait… Ruka?”

“That’s his name. Ruka.”

“Oh, it’s a boy… that explains why he kissed her.”

“Explains a lot, doesn’t it?” I chuckled.

“And when you saw them, he stopped?”

“No. Neither of us stopped. I couldn’t regain control of myself, and all I could remember after that was that he was attacking the guards. They were finally able to pin me down and sedate me. The room was covered in ice and frost, everything knocked over and the glass window was shattered, glass on the floor.”

“That means the psychic power comes from him.”

“They said the ice was a side effect of the powerful energy waves.”

“Makes sense...”

“When I woke up, I was in restraints. They were afraid when I woke up, I would do something. They were monitoring my brainwaves, but they couldn’t find anything.”

“So, how did you know?”

“While I was unconscious, I had a dream. I was in this room, completely white all around me. When I looked, I saw a glass wall separating me from a black room, and Ruka was on the other side. He lived a long time ago, and had a lover, Maria. He was stabbed in the back and died protecting her, and he missed her so much.”

“So, that’s why he started trying to gain control of you. So he could see Maria.”

“Yea...”

“And...” she suddenly went silent, turning back to Yukirin. “Is Maria..?”

“Probably.”

“Okay, I think I understand… I promise, I won’t say a thing.”

“Thanks, Mayuyu.” Sae hugged Mayu and sighed as she finally was able to tell the truth. “Can you call Yukirin’s house and tell her she’s staying here?”

“Yeah...”

Mayu pulled out her phone and moved into the other room as Sae leaned against the wall and stared at Yuki.

“Ruka… are you really sure Yukirin’s really Maria?”

There’s no mistake. That light in her eyes… it’s small and faded, but it’s there. Yuki is most definitely Maria.

“Well, if she is… just wait until the time’s right, okay? I don’t think now would be a good time to tell her everything.”

I understand, Sae.

Sae smiled and sat back down in front of Yuki, a small sigh leaving her.

“Hey, also...” she said to her second soul once again. “Could you, maybe… use your powers to erase Yuki’s memory? I don’t want her to hate me.”

You want me to… make her forget you?

“No… Just where I, er, you kissed her. I don’t want her having to carry that burden. I’ll do it. I just don’t want her to stop liking me because of it.”

..Understood.

Sae closed her eyes and let Ruka take control once more. He raised his right hand up to Yuki’s forehead and let himself search through her memories.

I’ll seal those memories away and try to replace them with a different thought to fill the void left behind. And, you must absolutely make sure she never finds out about it, or it could reawaken inside of her.

“Okay...”

Ruka whispered a few words to himself as a strong energy transferred from him into Yuki’s mind. He was in fact changing the memory to get rid of the one where he suddenly kissed the raven girl and false memories of Yuki and Sae getting along took their place. When he was done, he released Sae’s body from his control, causing her to sigh out heavily.

“Thanks, Ruka...”

Just remember our deal. One day, she will have to wake up.

Sae slowly nodded. “Alright...”

“Sae.” Mayu came back into the room, kneeling down beside the genki girl. “I called Yuki’s parents and they said it was alright for her to stay here. Just be sure she’s ready for school tomorrow.”

“Okay. Thanks, Mayuyu.”

Mayu excused herself from Sae’s apartment and left without a hunch of what had happened earlier. Now, Sae had a big secret to keep from Yuki, and even though she was carrying a large burden, she was doing it so she could be happy. Although, in the back of her mind, she knew the truth.

“So Yuki is… the reincarnation of Ruka’s lover, huh?”

The next morning, Mayu was walking to school by herself. She called Yuki to see if she wanted to walk together with her, but she said she had already gone with Sae. She was a bit surprised by the way she said it, too. She sounded like she was happy being with Sae. But Mayu knew, Yuki hated Sae, ever since she kissed her, and all the sudden she changed. She thought maybe because Sae saved her life, she would’ve forgiven her, but she knew the one who truly saved her was Sae’s alter, Ruka.

When she got to school, she was even more surprised to see Sae and Yuki were talking to each other, like they were friends. Sae wasn’t being persistent or demanding, and Yuki wasn’t mad at her at all. They were smiling, laughing, as they talked to each other completely normal, as if they had been friends from the start.

“Y-Yukirin...” she got close to the raven girl. Yuki smiled seeing her best friend.

“Morning, Mayu.”

“Yukirin...” Mayu gulped and tried not to seem suspicious. “What are you two doing?”

“Oh, we were just talking about last night,” Sae giggled.

“Sae invited me over to her place to help her study. We were up really late, and I fell asleep while we were working. It was so embarrassing!”

Mayu watched as the two laughed, but Mayu stood there shocked, trying to comprehend what was going on.

“Eh?”

Flashback

Yuki was dreaming, deep inside a world that had no light or color. Her legs moved forward, letting her walk slowly and smoothly. Her eyes were open, staring blankly at her feet, but her mind was fast asleep, drifting off in a thick fog. She heard something ring in her ears, like the chime of a bell, as a gentle breeze blew across her face. She stopped and immediately looked up with black, lifeless eyes. In front of her was Ruka, a smile on his face as he stood in front of her. He handed Yuki a blue rose, which she quietly accepted, then turned and started leaving. Yuki held out the rose and started to follow it, following Ruka’s path.

Outside her dream, Yuki slowly woke up on Sae’s couch, watching the girl flipping through some of her notebooks and copying down notes from her book. Yuki slowly got up, adjusting her eyes from the darkness as she woke from her daze. She scratched her head a bit, trying to remember what was going on, and after a few seconds of being wide awake, it hit her. She was studying with Sae tonight, and for some reason, she had fallen asleep while she was reading(unbeknownst to her, it was a fake memory implanted into her head by Ruka.)

“Sae…?”

She remembered first meeting Sae. She felt something was off about the girl, something made her different and it made her feel strange inside, but she could no longer remember what that was anymore. All she knew (now) was that Sae and her instantly became close since the first day she transferred. Sae was loud and energetic, like a ball of lightning bouncing around the room, and her smile was so bright that it lifted her bad mood.

“Nee, Yukirin, call me Sae.”

“Sae...”

Sae looked at the girl laying down on her soft couch and handed her a blanket.

“Finally up, Sleeping Beauty?” Her comment made Yuki blush, as she remembered Sae spotted her sleeping in the library while reading the book with the same name. “I already finished copying off the notes, so you’re welcome to stay here and sleepover if you want.”

“Really?”

“Ehehe, sure, why not? Besides, you’re so beautiful when you sleep. Ufufufufu...”

“Oh my God, shut up!”

“It’s true. Just to be fair, I’ll fall asleep so you can see my sleeping face,” Sae pouted as she closed all the books turned off the light, then crawled under the blanket with Yuki and fell fast asleep. Yuki didn’t even think Sae slept because she was so hyper, but it surely had to come from somewhere. And that was, going to bed early.

And yes, Yuki slept with her, too, but not after looking at Sae’s sleeping face for a firm 20 minutes.

“Kawaii...”

End of Flashback

“You can’t be serious! You just LAID there, staring at me for a whole 20 minutes before going to sleep?!”

“Don’t feel bad about it. Your sleeping face was so cute, Sae.”

Mayu stood there as the two laughed, continuing their conversation. She had no idea what had changed Yuki’s mind about Sae, and in such a short amount of time, too. Just what was going on here, she thought. Why was Yuki being nice to Sae all of the sudden? What could’ve caused that sort of change in a short amount of time?

“Well, anyways, I wanna make it up to you, Yukirin.”

“Eh~? Sae, you don’t have to do anything.”

“C’mon, there’s gotta be something~”

Yuki giggled and patted Sae’s head. “I know. How about I invite you over for dinner at my place? You can help my parents cook.”

“Really?! Oh my gosh, thanks, Yukirin!!!” Sae wrapped her arms around Yuki’s neck and rubbed against her cheek, making her giggle more as her face turned pink.

Eventually, Mayu was able to make an excuse to pull Sae away from Yuki and talk to her, but only for a short amount of time before class started. As she sat at her desk, she stared blankly at her notebook, remembering what Sae told her. She said that she took care of everything with Yuki, but she should never mention the kiss. This made Mayu very suspicious about what Sae could’ve done, and she knew she had to find out what that was.

*Ding dong*

“Are? Yukirin, are you expecting someone?” Yuki’s mom asked as she heard the doorbell right when she was about to fix dinner.

“Yup.” Yuki got up and answered the door, there stood her ikemen friend. “Sae!”

“Can I come in?” Sae smiled softly at Yuki, waiting at the doorstep. Yuki nodded and Sae walked into the household.

She politely took off her shoes and looked around at Yuki’s fancy clean house.

“Your place sure is nice, Yukirin,” she giggled.

When Sae walked in, she greeted her parents politely and quietly sat down on the couch while they prepared dinner. She saw her brother watching a variety show on TV, and when she saw one of the guys fall into the pool, he made a ridiculous reaction because of how cold the water was. Sae burst out into laughter.

All while Yuki was talking about what Sae was like to her parents and Sae watched TV, Yuki’s parents and brother just stared at the genki girl. Something about her was… very familiar.

Just then, the doorbell rang again. Yuki didn’t know who it was, but was surprised to open the door and see Mayu standing there.

“Hey, Mayu. What are you doing here?”

“My oven’s broken at my house. Can I eat dinner with you?”

“Um, sure. Sae’s here, too, if that’s alright.”

“Eh?” She leaned forward and saw Sae sitting on the couch.

“Hey Mayuyu~” she said, waving happily to the girl.

Mayu waved back with a faint smile back at Sae who was sitting comfortably.

“Dinner is ready!!” Yuki’s mother called after setting the table, everyone gathered around and sat in their seats.

“Itadakimasu~”

Everyone started happily eating, Sae was talking and giggling with Yuki’s mother, Mayu glanced at Yuki for a brief moment.

“Yukirin, are you okay?”

“Hm? Oh, yeah. I’m fine. Why?”

“Well, it’s just… after everything that’s happened, life is still troublesome.” Mayu complained in a cyborg tone.

“Everything that’s happened?”

Mayu looked and saw Sae looking at her, shaking her head a bit.

“Ah, well, with school and stuff like that. And also, what's been happening recently in Tokyo.”

“Oh, yes, I heard about that. Honey, were you okay?”

“Yeah, Dad. Me and the others were safe when the accident happened. Mayu actually helped us.”

Sae listened to them talk, and still glanced at Mayu from time to time, as if they were reading each other’s minds. She didn’t want Yuki to know the truth, not after all this. Mayu, of course, did not know of what had caused Yuki’s sudden personality shift towards Sae. She smiled and laughed at her, with her. All of it made Mayu suspicious that something was wrong.

Yuki’s family was suspicious about something, too. Then, Takeru asked…

“Hey, Sae-chan, do you have any older brothers?”

“Huh?”

“I go to a college in Tokyo and wanted to know if you’re brother went there.”

Sae’s eyebrows furrowed. “My brother?”

“Are you related to someone named Ruka?”

Sae’s eyes widened a bit, Ruka’s ear twitched when he heard his name, and Mayu’s body shuddered a bit.

“R-Ruka?!”

“Ruka...”

Yuki suddenly felt a sharp pain in her head. She closed her eyes and winced a little, setting her fork down. Mayu noticed this and looked at Yuki worried. Her parents did the same.

“Yuki, are you okay?”

“Yeah… but my head hurts...”

“Why don’t you go to your room and rest a bit. We’ll take care of Sae-chan and Mayu-chan while you do.”

“O-okay...” Yuki slowly got up and went upstairs to her room, shutting the door behind her and falling onto her bed.

She was feeling dizzy, the room spinning, and her heart was pounding in her chest. Her vision was blurring as something inside her body grew warmer. She closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down, and fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Sae and Mayu were downstairs, talking to Yuki’s family…

“Who told you I had an older brother?” Sae asked Takeru.

“No one did. You just looked like someone and I thought he might have actually existed. But, really, you do look like him.”

“Ruka...” Mayu anxiously rubbed her sweaty palms on her knees a bit and came up with a lie, “I don’t think I’ve heard of him… Who is he?”

“Well, it’s a funny story...” Yuki’s father and mother sat down on the couch, handing the three a book. “Ruka was actually… an imaginary friend Yuki made up when she was little.”

“Eh?!”

Yuki’s mom opened the book and revealed pictures of Yuki when she was in kindergarten. While all the other kids played in groups, she would play by herself. Whether it was drawing, swinging on the swingset, or reading, she was almost always seen by herself. Most of the pictures were of her drawing on the ground with chalk.

And, to Sae and Mayu’s surprise, one of the pictures she drew looked a lot like Sae. Of course, it was still a children’s drawing, but the resemblance was still noticeable. She wrote the name “Ruka-nii-chan” beside it, so it was most definitely Ruka. She also drew a picture of what looked like Yuki as she was now, but it had the name Maria.

“Who’s Maria?” Sae made another lie.

“Yuki always made up stories of her and Ruka, where he was a prince and Maria was his princess, so she always drew it to look like her. As she got older, she stopped talking about Ruka around 3rd grade and eventually forgot about him.”

“But, seeing you today, Sae, was quite a discovery...”

“Maybe you both went to the same kindergarten,” Mayu suggested.

“No, that couldn’t be possible. We would’ve already known something if that was true. This is the first time we’ve ever met Sae, and besides, Yuki never mentioned having a friend with that name, let alone any.”

“She was kind of shy when she was younger, so back then, she was always a loner.”

Sae giggled looking at all the pictures of young Yuki, then closed the book.

“Well, I’m sorry to say, you guys, but I don’t have any older brothers named Ruka. Maybe it was just someone who looked like me. I mean, I’m already boyish, anyways.”

“Hm… well, that is true.”

“Yeah. When Sae transferred to our school, a lot of us thought she was a boy at first.”

“Well, anyways, it was great meeting you, Sae-chan, and we’re so sorry for all the confusion.”

After that, Sae decided to leave. She asked Mayu to check on Yuki later and call her to tell her if she was okay or not. Sae walked back to her apartment, remembering one of the pictures of Yuki drawing her and Ruka on the ground. It was them in a field covered in blue roses, Ruka and Maria holding hands, smiling.

“Ruka and Maria… who would’ve thought it’d be me and Yukirin?”

Back with Yuki…

Yuki was still in her dream, still fast asleep in a thick fog that clouded her mind. But now, something was awakening, and her memories were starting to unravel inside her mind. Her heart beating slowly and her breaths deep, she shifted in her bed as everything started coming together like pieces of a puzzle.

“Ru..ka...”

In her dream, she kept walking, but her sleepy eyes flickered, trying to stay open. She heard her own voice inside her head, her conscience, slowly trying to regain control of her body.

“Wait, stop… Stop!”

Then, she suddenly stopped walking. The light slowly returned in her eyes and she looked up, seeing herself somewhere in a forest. She was wearing the school uniform from her last dream, holding the blue rose in her hand.

“Eh? What am I doing here?”

Then, she looked in front of her and saw the prince, Ruka, standing in front of her. She didn’t move, or more, she didn’t want to. Her legs wouldn’t let her move. Ruka walked closer, holding her cheek. She felt that touch again, a warm, calming touch. It was soft and gentle against her cheek and it made her blush. Then, she looked and saw a sad look on Ruka’s face.

“Please… remember me,” he said.

“Eh?”

“Hurry and remember… my dear, sweet Maria.”

Yuki opened her eyes, waking up in her room. She shot up from the bed, sitting down at the edge of the soft mattress. Her cheeks were a bit flushed and her heart was still pounding fast.

“Ruka… Maria…?”

She remembered what was happening. Everything from when she was a child, when she imagined Ruka for the first time, and when she first dreamt about him meeting her in her bedroom, up to now. Sae transferring, the sudden kiss, the incident with her and the Sanshou. The mix of memories left a confusion in her brain, until she realized something.

Ruka wasn’t real. He was just in her mind, a figment of her imagination(or, at least, that’s what she thinks.) Ever since so long ago, she kept that memory of him locked up, and after Sae came into her life, all of the heaviness over her was lifted off.

“He’s not real...”

*Knock* *Knock*

“Yukirin? Are you okay?”

“Mayu?” Yuki got up and opened the door to see Mayu standing there.

“I didn’t go home yet because I wanted to check up on you.”

“Mayu, you didn’t have to do that.”

“Of course I do. I was worried.”

“Well, thank you. I’m fine, Mayu. The headaches gone now, so I guess I was just a bit sleepy.”

Mayu smiled softly, a bit relieved, but she knew for a fact that it wasn’t Yuki’s fatigue at all.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay. Oh… And, um...”

“Eh?”

“...Ah… nothing. Nevermind. Good night, Mayu.” Yuki patted the younger girl’s head and hugged her, making her blush slightly, then went back into her room.

Mayu stood there frozen, holding her chest. Her heart was beating rapidly.

When Mayu got back home, she stood up against her door and sighed, remembering everything that had happened today. She walked upstairs to her room and sat down on the edge of her bed, staring at a folded sheet of paper on the small white table standing near her. Amongst all her manga, anime posters and figurines, storybooks, and her laptop, nothing else seemed more important than that one paper.

She slowly picked it up, staring at the pink paper folded up inside a white envelope. There was a red heart sticker on the tip of the flap, and Yuki’s name written in pink cursive. Mayu set it down and screamed into her pillow loudly. She hugged the pillow and stared up at the ceiling.

“I couldn’t bring myself to do it today...”

She picked up a small notebook and crossed off today’s date on the calendar. Then she set it down on her dresser and sighed, sinking her face into the pillow. She could still remember it clearly, even if she tried to forget. The warmth of Yuki’s hug, her delicate pink lips, the sweet rosy scent on her skin. Every second, Mayu couldn’t stop thinking about Yuki.

“Mayu, you idiot...” she said to herself in a soft voice. “Why? Why did you have to fall in love with your best friend?”

To Be Continued

Offline arawche079

• Hiatus
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: REBORN - Chapter 11 (SaeYuki) 7/20/15
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
This is great.....

Now, I'm confused who yukirin really loves...

It should be saeyuki....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:01:03 AM by arawche079 »

Offline vivinardisa

• Member+
  • MaYuki Shipper \(^_^)/ Yukirin Kami Oshi
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2015, 07:15:33 PM »
Wow ... It make me think who will it became MaYuki or SaeYuki  :?

Update soon  XD

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2015, 07:50:08 PM »

Chapter 12 - First Love

Mayu’s POV

I slumped onto my bed. My mind was filled with the events earlier tonight. I didn’t know what to think of it. I couldn’t sleep because too many thoughts ran in my head. Sae and Yuki? My brain just couldn’t process it fully for some reason. Maybe I was right in thinking that they were connected somehow. I could tell that Yuki wasn’t alright when I went to check up on her. I heard her murmur “Ruka” in her sleep. She did the same at dinner, too, which made me wonder.

I sighed into my pillow and sank further under my covers as I curled into a small ball, a tinge of pain in my heart. Once again, my unrequited love drama continues. Then I saw a picture of two girls in uniform. That was me and Yuki from middle school, I sometimes still reminisce those times. It made us close friends, yet I felt something was more between us as we went into high school… or really, since the day we first met. It wasn’t long before I realized what I was feeling… is love.

Flashback, 4 years ago...

“M-my name is… Watanabe.. Mayu… It’s very nice to.. m-meet all of you...”

I remembered clearly the first day I was transferred into Yuki’s school. Everyone stared at me like I was a doll or a little kid; I was the center of attention. I was just a first year, so I didn’t have the same class as Yuki. At that time, I didn’t have the courage to speak out loudly and clearly, which only made my classmates eye me even more.

“Hai, arigatou, Watanabe-san. Would you like to tell us something about yourself?”

“Umm… I-I like… anime and… i-idols…”

“Haha, Watanabe-san is so cute.”

“Look at her. She’s like an idol. So pretty~.”

“Kyaa!! Look at the ribbons in her pigtails. Kawaii!!”

I didn’t really like the fact that everyone was calling me cute, it only seemed to have made me more shy. It had only became more and more tense as more and more people commented on my, so called “cuteness”, and gave me more attention than I asked for.

“Um… y-yoroshiku… onegaishimasu...”

“Watanabe-san has been homeschooled for a long time, so everyone please treat her nicely so she can adjust to our school. Okay?”

“Hai~!”

I remember searching the playground for somewhere I can keep to myself during lunch. And since everyone was crowding around me, I ended up going to the library. I honestly like books so that’s a plus and I can read in peace. Since I didn’t know where I was going, I seemed like a headless chicken.

As I was meandering across the halls, I heard a screech coming from the second year classrooms, thumping footsteps, and before I knew it, a body landed on mine. My torso started to really hurt as the figure rushed to her feet.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so, so, SO sorry!” I could hear the person talk, but I was too busy dusting myself off to look up at her yet. “I kinda pulled a prank on my classmates in 2-D and it was very funny. Oh, I’m Kashiwagi Yuki by the way.”

A prank, huh? So that was why I could hear screeching coming from the second year classrooms...

“Uh...” And then, I looked up as she took my hand and helped me up.

When I first saw her, I was taken away by her beauty. Her pale skin was shining so perfectly in this light, her dark eyes were alluring and very attractive. The way she spoke was calm and luscious, like a mother’s voice.

“What’s your name? You look very cute, just saying.”

“...Uh… W-wa… Watana...be...”

I was surprised I could barely speak to this girl. I tried telling myself, “This isn’t hard! Just talk! Speak! Say something!” But that moment, everything was piled up in my throat and I couldn’t get the slightest word to come out.

She just seemed to chuckle and she let out a beaming smile. It seemed so majestic, especially with the sun beaming towards us.

“Hehe, you really are cute. Uh, Watanabe, right?”

“R-right...”

“Oh, that’s right. You’re that new transfer student. Nice to meet you, Watanabe-san.”

“Y-you too… Kashiwagi-san...”

“Just call me Yukirin. Everyone does.”

“Okay… Y-Yuki-rin...J-just.. C-call me, Mayu…”

“Mayu. That’s a pretty name.” Then, she patted my head gently, and I felt a sudden warmth. Not only on my head, but beating rapidly in my chest.

Eh? Why is this...?

“Let’s get along from now on, Mayu-chan.”

Ever since the moment we met, my whole life changed. Every time I try to think, my mind is always on Yuki. I couldn’t forget about her. The first few days seemed easy, but as each second, each hour passed by, it only became stronger. I could hear her voice in the wind, feel her warm touch on my bare skin, and see her beauty in my dreams. That’s all that kept going through my head.

Yuki, Yuki, Yuki, Yuki, Yuki…

“Mayu-chan.”

“Eh?” I looked behind me and suddenly saw her standing there, watching me. “Yukirin?”

“You okay? You looked like you were really deep in thought.”

“Ah! N-no. I was just really deep in thought...”

“Oh alright then.” She then showed that signature smile that I just can’t get enough of. “Well, since we’re here… let’s walk to PE together.”

“Your class is having PE, too?”

“Yea. Pretty big coincidence we have the same PE class times, huh? Haha...”

I blushed as she continued talking. I couldn’t control what was going on with me. There was nothing I could do.

“C’mon.” She took hold of my hand as we started walking together. This is just making my heart pound more.It seemed so surreal and my mind and heart seemed to have stopped at that very moment. Yuki, why do you have to be so beautiful?

We then started walking for what seemed like an eternity, everything felt like it was throbbing. But it didn’t matter to me, I kept on walking. As we walked into the basketball gym with 20-some more people, it did feel really awkward to be stared at for long periods of time.

“Since we always have two classes for this PE period, I wanted to make sure the second years could properly teach you first years a bit of hockey and/or basketball before they go off on work experience if they choose PE. I will choose the pairs before you second years go and pick the first year you find cutest.”

“First: Oya Shizuka go with Komori Mika.”

I recall Oya-san was someone in my class who never listens to our homeroom teacher. She’s sort of a class clown. As for Komori-san, I don’t really know much about her, since she doesn’t talk much.

On the other end of the gym, I saw the cheerleaders practicing a routine. I recognized their captain, Sashihara-san. I think she’s a third year, and she’s also… a bit of a hetare. I don’t know any else about her, but Yuki once told me she was a huge idol otaku and that she even convinced the cheer team to do wotagei one time.

I would’ve liked to see that… I laughed a little inside on the thought.

“Next: Watanabe Mayu go with Kashiwagi Yuki.”

Ehh!? Me and... Y-Yuki!?

And it kept going and going. It seemed my first friend, Ota Aika, has a partner she wants to be with. She calls herself a tsundere, but she’s really not like that at all.

“Nee, Mayu. I need to teach you or my grade in PE will drop and I’m really good at basketball. You tackle like this.” She showed me a demonstration with the coach and she was dribbling whilst swerving away from the coach. He didn’t even see Yukirin zoom past. I could see why she was the team captain for our basketball team.

I saw a past picture of the coach from a few months ago with the team on his lanyard. She stood right in the middle with a large trophy from the annual national basketball competition in her hands.

“Now all of you , listen up! I want to see our Second-Year basketball team in action. Kashiwagi!”

“Hai!”

“Since Kashiwagi here is our captain, she and her team will show you different techniques to practice basketball.”

Then I saw Yukirin holding a basketball in her hand, then spinning it on her finger like a professional basketball player would.

Straight afterwards, I saw her dribble and straight after a speedy dash towards the hoop, blocking every defender that was in her way. I think some of the first years who do basketball call her "Flash" and I can understand why. A trick shot soon followed, as expected from the "Basketball Queen". I saw others try, and it wasn’t as spectacular as any of her moves. I continued to stare at Yuki, impressed.

“Mayu, look out!”

*BOOM*

...Eh?

Everything from those next few seconds were a blank. It’s as if my legs suddenly gave way to my weight and my head made impact with the floor. Something interrupted my system from behind. Did someone throw a basketball, and it hit me? I watched as my vision slowly blurred and every other noise faded…

“....yu-chan… ..Mayu-chan.”

“..Ugh...”  As consciousness caught up with me, I found that I was in unfamiliar territory. Yuki eyed my every move, making it all seem awkward for me.

“Ohayou.”

“Y-Yukirin… C-can I j-just ask where I am right now?”

“Um, my house?”

“EH?!”

“Yeah, the teacher said I could bring you home so you could rest, but… since I didn’t know where you live, I brought you to my place.”

“Oh...” I blushed madly, looking at her bed sheets. I was surrounded by soft clean sheets of a full white mattress. And they smelled like her… They smelled like Yuki’s strawberry scent.

Yuki… Yuki, Yuki, Yuki, Yuki, Yuki..!

“Are you okay, Mayu-chan? Your cheeks look a little flushed.”

I felt my cheeks. They were hot. I was blushing! And in front of Yuki…

And suddenly, she pressed her forehead against mine.

“You don’t seem to have a fever.” She smiled and then got up from her seat. “I’m going to get you something to eat. It didn’t look like you ate much of your lunch, so I’ll feed you. Wait here a bit…”

Yuki walked out of the room, leaving me alone. Her room was so neat and tidy. It almost looked like a rich girl’s room. There were fashion and gravure magazines set up in one corner, and there was a poster for idols like Morning Musume and Matsuura Aya. There was also a guitar, a few notebooks on her desk, one of them open to show some writing. I think poetry. Wait, there’s also something in her closet, I think…

“Mayu-chan~” I quickly sat back up, pretending not to try and look in her closet, and watched her walk in.

She laid out a tray with some food in front of me and proceeded to feed me, but I gently held her hand and stopped her.

“Y-Yukirin… I’m perfectly capable of feeding myself.”

“Don’t be so tense, Mayu-chan. As long as you’re under my roof, you’re under my care. Just relax and I’ll take care of everything.”

She spooned up some of the curry rice and sat on the edge of the bed, facing me. She just smiled seeing me blush, because we were so close.

“Hai. Ah~” She lifted up my chin gently as she spoon fed me and giggled at my expressionless face. I didn’t know what I could possibly do in this current situation.

Right now, she’s completely babying me. Feeding rice and soup to me from a spoon, breaking apart bread, gathering up the meat and veggies to eat. She really is like a mom, and all the while, she smiled at the shy me as I ate all the food.

As she fed another spoonful of miso soup to me, she said, “You’re really gloomy, y’know.”

“Eh?”

“You wouldn’t get close or talk to anyone when you first came here. You were such a loner, always with your nose buried deep in your manga. Even when you first met me, you looked like you were having trouble getting even a single word out.”

“It wasn’t that… I was just surprised, with us bumping into each other like that. I’m not that shy.”

“Are you kidding? You acted like Tomoko-chan from Watamote!”

My eyes widened at that. “You read manga?”

“Eh?! AH! No, no, no, no. A friend of mine reads that manga and she showed to me once, that’s all. She told me about the ‘Tomoko-chan’ girl, so, hahahahaha...”

Yukirin… Is she..?

After she calmed down and finished feeding me the rest of my small lunch, she went to wash the dishes. When she came back, she caught me in mid-yawn and saw me rubbing my eyes cutely.

“Haha, kawaii, Mayu-chan.”

She knelt at the side of the bed again and patted my head.

“You must’ve had a long day...”

“..A-ano… Y-Yukirin...”

“Hm?”

I looked away from her slightly, blushing a bit. I took in a breath before I spoke again.

“Um, Yukirin… what do you think of me?”

“Wha… what do you mean by that?”

“I mean, social wise. Am I good to get along with? Or am I just a bother, or...”

“Mayu-chan, I don’t think that.” She took hold of my hand again, laying her head against my arm. “You’re a great person, Mayu-chan, and a good friend.”

“F-f-f… Friend?”

“Yea...” She then let out a yawn. Must be true that yawns are contagious. “You’re a… very precious friend to me, Mayu-chan…”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I never had someone tell me I was their… precious friend….

Friend…

..Just "friend"? Well, I knew, since we just met, we start as friends…

But, I finally learned what was happening to me for so long. Why I reacted a certain way towards Yuki. I was in love, love at first sight, and it was strong. It was something I’ve never, ever experienced before. And.. it felt amazing. Being with Yuki was the best thing for me and it made me feel so happy and peaceful. I’m grateful my first love was Yuki.

“Thank you… Yukirin.”

“....”

“Yukirin?” I looked down closer at her, nudging her a bit. Her hand was still loosely holding mine and her heavy head rested against the bed mattress, near my arm. She fell asleep.

I smiled at her beautiful sleeping face, taking a blanket and wrapping it around her. I tucked myself in and stared at her once more. Before I knew it, my body acted on its own. Closing my eyes, I knelt forward and gently kissed Yuki’s cheek.

“Oyasumi, Yuki...”

End of Flashback

It’s been four years since that moment…

I can still remember every bit of it. When I realized for the first time I was in love with Yuki. But, I’ve never been able to freely express my feelings to her yet. I could only watch her from afar, all while she cared for me as a friend. Even after she graduated middle school, and I had one more year, I wrote a letter with my feelings for her, but I’ve never been able to give it to her. No matter how many times I try.

Slowly, I picked up the envelope and unfolded the pink slip, reading aloud the contents written…

“Dear Yukirin,

Personally I’m not the person to say these words, but ever since I bumped into you I felt something was there. Not just friendship, but “Love”. 

It seems so surreal to me that I know such a friend who would like me for who I am. I don’t know if you're willing to share my life with me, I would share it with you too. But, honestly, it just doesn’t seem right telling you in person.

I don’t have that courage yet...

The point is, I’m in love with you. I’m crazy about you. If I ever “see” you again, hopefully, things will be different. I’ll be stronger and finally be able to confess.

I don’t want anyone else. I want you, Yuki.

-Mayu”

“Yuki...”

I continued to stare at the paper. As my mind drifted off and the words written on the thin slip began to scramble into alphabet soup, my arm grew heavy and I laid it down against my chest, sighing heavily. So many years passed since then, but nothing changed at all. Even as I grew closer and closer to Yuki, I never gained that courage I needed to confess to her.

Maybe I should just give up…

*RING* *RING*

“Eh?” I suddenly sat up when I heard my phone go off. Who would be calling this late at night? I quickly picked it up and I was surprised to see the name on called ID. “Y-Yuki..?”

*Beep*

“Hello?”

“Moshi-moshi. Mayuyu? Are you still up?” Yukirin’s voice... even now, she sounds and acts like a mom.

“Uh, yeah, Yukirin. I’m up. Why did you call me?”

“I was about to go to bed, but then I looked out my window and saw your lights were still on, so I wanted to check up on you. Is everything okay?”

“Oh. Haha, yeah. I was just doing a couple things and lost track of time.”

“Late night manga reading again? That’s bad, Mayuyu. You should get your sleep.”

“Hahaha, right. I know, Yukirin. I’m going to bed now. Night.”

“Wait!”

Eh?

I quickly put the phone back up to my ear, clutching it a bit as my heart was pounding.

“What?”

“You seemed worried today. Are you sure everything’s alright?”

I gulped some of my saliva down and cleared my throat. “Y-yeah, Yukirin. It’s nothing, really. You don’t have to worry about me.”

“That’s impossible.”

“Huh?”

“Mayuyu, I care about you too much to stop worrying. You’re my most precious friend.”

I smiled inside as I felt tears of joy starting to form in my eyes.

“...Really?”

“Of course~. You’re my best friend.”

Friends...

Fine. And… Come that may! We sometime can start a lovers’ relationship, but… I’m glad that we’re now just friends.

“Thanks, Yukirin. Oyasumi.”

“Oyasumi~”

I closed my phone and set it back on my dresser. Looking back at the letter one more time, I smiled and took out my pink pen, writing something new on it.

“I don’t care how long I have to wait. 5 years, 10, 20, 50… even 100. I’ll wait forever if it means, somehow, someday, we can finally be together.”

“Yuki...”

I folded up the small pink paper and kissed it gently before putting it back into the envelope and closing it. I set it on the countertop of my bed dresser and turned off the light. Closing my eyes, I remembered Yuki’s sweet, warm smile one last time before drifting into sleep.

Someday, I’ll be sure I finally confess to Yuki… Besides… I know more about her than anyone else. I know that she sometimes has trouble doing things like laundry or cooking on her own, and that she would love someone who was sincere and loving for her… I know the perfect confession I would give her and I could only dream of our future. For now, that remains a dream…

“Mayu~!”

Actually, we have more in common than you think… Because there’s one more secret about her no one knows… But that’s another story…

Offline vivinardisa

• Member+
  • MaYuki Shipper \(^_^)/ Yukirin Kami Oshi
Re: REBORN - Chapter 12 (MaYuki) 7/22/15
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2015, 07:47:44 AM »
It's really sad for Mayu  :cry:  :cry:

It's so sweet because Yuki is really worry about Mayu  :wub: but after so long how can Yuki not realize  :shocked

Update soon want more MaYuki  :heart:  :deco:  :cathappy:

Offline kymkamwm48

• Member+
  • まゆゆきりん \(^o^)/
    • kymkamwm48
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »
cool story :)

no offense, but i don't like ruka for yuki. I want yuki and mayu!!
fight for yuki, mayu! and yuki please notice mayu :( more MAYUKI please. Thanks :D

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2015, 02:32:50 PM »
That's right, people! We got a love triangle! :heart:

And now, another video by akb48couples!

Offline Redyta_Sas

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2015, 05:59:27 PM »
WOW !!!

That.Was.A.Long.Story!!!!

But you know???  I just have one word to you!!!

AWESOME

I really really love this fic!
But I feel sad about Mayu!?! :cry: 😭

Nee Author san, can you make this be MaYuki???
I just love them. 😭😭

Please update soon Kay?!?!? ASAP PLEASE,,, A VERY VERY PLEASE!
I'M SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH! ! ! ! !

Offline Archer1992

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I love Atsumina, Mayuki, Kojiyuu, Saeyaka, Wmatsui
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2015, 09:37:33 PM »
I love Mayuki!!
Atsumina is my OTP, please continue

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - My Sugar Cat